[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't wireless mice more popular? I have owned one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: g602.jpg (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
g602.jpg
5 KB, 299x168
Why aren't wireless mice more popular? I have owned one for about 2 years (the one in the pic) and I can't find a valid reason to go back. You have to recharge them or change batteries once every 3 to 5 months, but that is the only con I can find. I post this because me and a friend had big fucking discussion about this topic. His only arguments were that "they are shit" and "nobody uses them". Needless to say that he hadn't tried one before
>>
1. Stigma to the old wireless mices, which has questionable input back in the day, and no battery life

2. Modern gaming wireless had no battery life. Now its a few weeks

3. Its black magic
>>
>heavier
>more input lag than wired
>no advantage if you do 99% of your shit on the desk anyway
>>
>>333603985
They're heavy and fuck replacing batteries. It doesn't matter how often.
>>
>>333603985
>playing intense game of(INSERT MULTIPLAYER GAME HERE)
>mouse batteries die
>game over
>>
literally the only reason is expensive batteries as opposed to free cord
>>
File: 1459908496491.jpg (43 KB, 680x768) Image search: [Google]
1459908496491.jpg
43 KB, 680x768
1. They're expensive.

2. Most people don't care enough about wires to bother going wireless.

3. They aren't advertised as heavily as their wired alternatives so people don't realise the new ones being made are actually perfectly fine.

Personally I hated the feel of wires enough to warrant me going out and picking up a wireless mouse of myself (g700), and I love it.
>>
>>333604339
I prefer heavy mices, actually. Moves smoother, and is just more enjoyable to use.
>>
>>333603985
Hey, that's my mouse. I'm not really a guy who plays multiplayer, so if my mouse dies while playing, I'm not gonna lose anything over it. I have no problem with it.
>>
File: logitech_g303_10b-645x360.jpg (25 KB, 645x360) Image search: [Google]
logitech_g303_10b-645x360.jpg
25 KB, 645x360
i don't have one because i didn't like the feel of the g602, it didn't accommodate palm grip well

pic related: it's the mouse i got instead, which i admit i would like a wireless version of
>>
>>333603985

Heavy
Stigma or not, wireless is not as reliable as a cable, ever.
cost more

Pic related, cheaper, looks kind of stupid, but made me forget I'm using a wired mouse for years now, compatible with all mice I'll ever buy.
>>
>>333604480

Preference, but theres no wireless choice that weighs 70g.
>>
They offer no benefits
>>
>>333604756
Well, true that my nigga xDD
>>
>>333603985
my problem with them is that after several seconds of inactivity, they drastically drop their sample rate to save power, which causes an effect like a couple dropped frames when you start moving the cursor again.

it drove me nuts as soon as I started noticing it, since it could really fuck cursor precision when making small intermittent movements.
>>
>>333604820
Yes. I am happy that you agree!!1! :))
>>
>>333604934

I remember my last wireless mouse, nearly a decade ago before I bought my mx518
>have to click for mouse to enable again after inactivity
>but it does actually make the click so if you had anything clickable under the cursor when you left...
>>
>>333604339
>heavy
What are you some noodle armed pussy? Christ, the fucking feather weight wireless mouse is "heavy". Go get mommy to bring you your tendies and have her move it for you. She's probably strong enough to do it, supporting your worthless ass's vidya habits.
>>
>>333604690
yeah that's fucking retarded
>>
>>333605161

What is?
>>
I prefer the xbone controller desu. It's just better all around.
>>
>>333604473
>expensive
Mine was like 8 buckaroos m8. Don't need to get some l33t g4m3r protier mouse faggot
>>
>>333603985
I bring my lap top in the bathroom (stream xbone, play battlefront 2 or other steam game, or just jerk off). You are correct the battery rarely dies, but when it does in stuck with no mouse. It's a mild nuisance, but enough of one where I bought a wired mouse
>>
They are a lot more comfortable to use, with no cord to drag along. It's hard to go back after using a good wireless mouse. And for battery life are you poor or something? You have to replace a battery like once every 6 months.

Also those mentioning input lag have no fucking clue what they're talking about. The input lag of your mouse is tied to its poll rate. A wireless and wired mouse with a poll rate of 1000hz will have the same input lag, 1ms.
>>
>>333605305

But what the gay shit you are doing in the bathroom anon
>>
>>333603985
I have a cheap $10 one I got at a Dick Smith about 4 years ago. It runs on a single AA which lasts about half a year and I'm not observant enough to notice any delay. Only problem is that I lose it every now and then somehow.
>>
wireless mice these days are fine and the lag and input isn't an issue so long as you don't hold it ridiculously far away from the receiver.
>>
>>333605213
your CM death scorpion mouse pro thing
>>
>>333605732

Can you give one good reason bar its looks?
Theres other less shitty looking ones.
>>
>>333603985
Because wireless, I've tried incorporating everything wireless.
>Headset
>Mouse
>Keyboard
>Wifi
>Bluetooth

It all just clashes with each other canceling the signal out.
For instance the 2.4ghz doesn't work well with Bluetooth signal, even when maintaining channels for each They are still placed closely together which makes the signal 'unclean' and unstable causing more input lag then if wired, which is bad because wireless all ready has higher input lag.

Wireless is nice, but it's a hazzle to have everything wireless thanks to signals fucking each other up.
>>
>>333606421
Bluetooth has a limit of 8 devices per dongle, but some devices uses more bandwith. I wonder if Headset is worth 2 or 3 normal devices.
>>
>>333606881
Yep, I have two blutooth devices, a 2.1 and 4.0 device. Both could manage to work decently with the 2.4ghz, but failed against my wifi adaptor. Which had to be set down to IEEE 802.11b/g to work(From /n), which severely reduced the speed on my wifi connection, (Yet bluetooth was still buggy. Only one device attached to it.)

Wireless for me, has not been worth going for. It costs more then wired and is less reliable, but if it works it's very nice.
>>
Logitech made a mouse with a 1000 refresh rate, same as their gaming wired called G900:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQxw-pX4dak
>>
>>333603985
I use one in the office and it's really cool. But it lags noticeably, this is unacceptable for videogames.
I have identical wired at home.
>>
>>333608101
So all we learned from this was:
1. If there is 2 bluetooth adapters for 2 devices, poster is a retard, since its backward compitable
2. If you are going all in, go for Bluetooth. Otherwise the devices screw it other over
3. LAN is waste superior to WiFi
>>
>>333605810
I just taped my wire to the side of my monitor. Looks like shit but hey, it's free
>>
>>333608659
But that do not fix the cord snag
>>
>>333608432
Kek
1. I have two devices, because my first 2.1 couldn't handle using my bluetooth headsett. Audio was skipping like crazy, so got the second one 4.1 which could handle the audio, but not DS4 controller. Not using both.
2. That I learned, one or the other. But stick to one. Which in this case would be Bluetooth.
3.LAN is Obviously superior, but due to placement. I would have to cut a cord through the wall atm, which I don't want so Wifi.
>>
>>333609234
How so? I raised it up just like it would be on a mouse bungee and taped it and it just wurks

my desk isn't exactly flush with the wall however
>>
>>333609373
A mouse bungee works because the plastic bends, and the neck is supported by flexibility.
So when the cord is physically snagged, its less of a issue than if it was raw friction

Either you got a very special setup, or you are used to the leftover snag, and won't react to it.
>>
>>333603985
Latency presumably, I use one and its not even noticeable but anons be anons.
>>
Can you even clean those damn things? I have never cleaned mine since I took it out of the packaging. Lots of people borrowed it, I also pick my nose a lot, so it gets even dirtier.

And no, mine doesn't have screws or anything, the whole thing is glued.
>>
>>333603985
I N P U T L A G
>>
>>333603985
It's the input lag meme. Also it's because consoles have moved to wireless gaming so mustards have to hate it.
>>
File: 411405-boris_the_blade_super.jpg (12 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
411405-boris_the_blade_super.jpg
12 KB, 600x331
>>333604227
Heavy is good.
>>
>>333603985
I have the same mouse. Got it last year.

I personally use wireless mice because I normally sit on my couch and use my PC on my TV. Using a wired mouse while sitting on my couch wouldn't be very practical.
>>
>>333603985
>we want the PC gaming on the couch audience

Kill yourself, also input latencies. That miniscule ms is the difference between a (me)pro and a (+You)casual. *sheaths katana*
>>
I like them because they are more heavy and thus for me feel more steady and precise than some 10g mouse that flies away when you sneeze towards it.
>>
>>333604690
>looks kind of stupid
you got that right
>>
File: 1446092822339[1].webm (993 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1446092822339[1].webm
993 KB, 540x360
can someone recommend a good gaming mouse for people with longass fingers?
>>
>>333604690
except now you have this autistic looking spider gamer gear thing on your desk and the cable in the fucking air. you are retarded
>>
>>333611685
put googly eyes on it and its fine.
>>
>>333611780
does this apply to

>>333611165
>>
File: deepseagoogly.png (1 MB, 1137x1080) Image search: [Google]
deepseagoogly.png
1 MB, 1137x1080
>>333611979
if you mean the deep one then yes.
If you're talking about a solution to long fingers then I'm not sure googly eyes on your hand will help much.
>>
>>333604690
I was considering getting this since I could just shove it behind my monitor and I won't have to look at it. It doesn't seem to be sold anymore though.
>>
>>333603985
I have to recharge my G700s daily but I just have to plug it in at night
>>
wireless kb + mouse for a few years now. couldn't imagine going back. fuck the wire mess. haven't had to change batteries on either for over a month.
>>
>>333610460
That's the reason you can customize weight on any decent wired mouse
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.