[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 3DS games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1448155996202.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448155996202.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
Now that it's been out for a while and has a good number of titles under its belt, which are some of the top titles that have set themselves apart from the others?
>>
>it's a recommendation thread
Learn to use the search function, OP.
These threads get created not once and not twice a day. You can't expect us to personally recommend games to each and every one of you lazy bums.
>>
>>333591114

I know websites make "top must have games" or whatever but I trust /v/ opinion over a columnist
>>
>>333590971
>implying the 3ds has any games worth playing
even the vita has more variety and thats sucks just as bad
>>
>>333590971
>>333592284

>majoras Mask remake
>super smash bros
>Pokemon Ruby
>Mario Kart 7
>animal crossing if you're into that type of thing
>monster Hunters 4 was alright
>Kingdom hearts
>>
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
Your typical high qualit Nintendo Plattformers. Some people dont like 3D Land, but I'd reccomend it.

- Smash Bros
It's the next best thing if you dont have a Wii U.

- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- A Link Between Worlds
OoT and MM are a Must have if you dont played them already. ALBW is also a great game.

- Xenoblade
Its New 3DS only. If you have a new 3ds and like jrpgs, get it

- Animal Crossing New Leaf
Either you love it or it bores you to death

- Star Fox 64
Solid remake of the classic. Maybe in preperation for Star Fox Zero.

- Bravely Default
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
The best JRPGS on the 3DS.

- Pokemon
Its Pokemon

- Phoenix Wright Trilogy
- Virtues Last Reward (you must play 999 before you play VLR. Its availabe on the DS so you can play it on 3DS too)
Great story driven games.

- Mighty Switch Force
- Shovel Knight
- Cave Story
- Boxboy
- Pushmo
- Azure Striker Gunvolt
>>
>>333591114
This isn't /a/ you cocktail sucking weeb
>>
>>333593895
Trust this man
>>
>>333590971
Kid Icarus Uprising
Legend of Legacy
Puzzle & Dragons Z

Honestly, I'm just listing ones I've enjoyed quite a bit. There are several I didn't care for, even thought they were quite popular around here.
>>
Rune Factory 4, you won't need other games.
>>
File: big guy.png (1 MB, 902x800) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
1 MB, 902x800
There's an easy 400+ hours wasted for you.
>>
What about the fire emblem titles?
I heard awakening was easy, but what about conquest ? Is it good?
>>
>>333593895
Pretty much. I'd also recommend Mario&Luigi Dream Team if you like RPGs. Played a lot of MK7 too.
>>
File: FE recommendations.png (103 KB, 1877x829) Image search: [Google]
FE recommendations.png
103 KB, 1877x829
>>333596364
Have this

FE 13 & 14 are the 3DS games
>>
>>333593895
That list is pretty good
>>
>>333596000
Is pet raising a big part of this series or am I thinking of a different game?
>>
>>333597168
You are probably thinking about a different series. Monster Hunter is about killing stuff in hard fights, then using their body parts to make new weapons.
>>
File: Monster_Rancher_DS_Cover_Art.jpg (32 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
Monster_Rancher_DS_Cover_Art.jpg
32 KB, 250x225
>>333597168
>>333597367
Actually, you might be thinking about Monster Rancher / Monster Farm.
>>
File: kut-ku is for bullying.webm (3 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
kut-ku is for bullying.webm
3 MB, 400x240
>>333597168
There is a taming/riding-related spin-off called Monster Hunter Stories, webm related. No localization confirmed.

Otherwise? Obviously not. You're killing the fuckers for their parts so you can make better weapons and armor to help kill more monsters better.
>>
>>333590971
>tfw every franchise that has come out on 3ds has had a worse installment than the previous ones

seriously every game on it feels like 5-7/10. i guess neo nintendo is real huh
>>
>>333596000
I have an old and small 3DS and for some reason I always expected it to be too small to properly play Monster Hunter. Am I wrong?
>>
>>333596364
i think they're great but /v/ hates them because of waifus and samey missions
>>
>>333597663

Conquest has a pretty good variety on missions, and the enemy AI is MUCH better than Awakening's "either blitzes your general area or doesn't move unless you enter their range" shit.
>>
>>333597518
Honestly, I'm not sure you are wrong. There seems to be a lot of reboots/revivals recently and Nintendo seems to be erring on the side of easy playability. Most of the games I've enjoyed have either been original or revivals of really dead games.

I can have hope that Mario vs DK is good, although a digital-only game hasn't been a priority for me to pick up.
>>
File: 3ds screen.jpg (23 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
3ds screen.jpg
23 KB, 800x480
>>333597567
Yes and no. It's definitely playable, but you might find the text too small if you can't adjust to it. Circle Pad Pro helps a ton with both comfort and camera, especially in 3U because of its underwater combat.

I use a regular N3DS for 4U and I'm fine with it, though an XL might be better in the case of 3D games like MH. Still, even with a slightly bigger screen I'm totally fine with the game.

4U definitely has better textures and framerate on a N3DS, but I don't know about MHX.

>>333597518
Not too far off, though there are some exceptions it happens even with some of the decent third-party titles.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.