[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did the Wii U fail?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1458746289304.jpg (79 KB, 725x389) Image search: [Google]
1458746289304.jpg
79 KB, 725x389
Why did the Wii U fail?
>>
Knock it off. The janitors are pruning these threads for a reason.
>>
>>333590460
it didn't
>>
it didn't necessarily fail, just underperformed

also, marketing got cocky after the Wii and half assed the launch
>>
File: 1458289864725.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458289864725.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>333590527
>>333590616
damage control
>>
>>333590510
>>333590527
>>333590616
>this much delusion
>>
because it takes more than Nintendo games and gimmicks to push a $300+ console
>>
>>333592524
what's delusional?
did you see the launch trailer for the system? it was like staring at the color grey

and besides I've had plenty of enjoyment out of the system the past 3+ years
>>
>>333590460
Marketing.
>>
> muh software pushes consoles
> doesn't release any fucking software
> doesnt release Zelda U the most anticipated title until the console is discontinued and the next console is coming out

RIP
>>
>Extremely poor online service in many ways
Can't make a party.
Can't chat with your friends because of it.
Can't join in on other people's games at any time from any game.
Friend system is a pain in the ass.
Games are tied to your console instead of to an actual account and you have to call up Nintendo if something happens like your Wii U got damaged for any reason just so you can keep your games.
They don't have their own version of Achievements which I know some of you will bitch about but it's still a draw.
>Entire console is based around Nintendo games that people played years ago with barely any changes(Mario is the biggest offender) and some people are just worn out because of it.
Granted, I don't mind it, but that was a complaint of a relative when I asked him why he didn't want one.
>Third party games look worse, run worse, and have worse online capabilities than their counterparts.
>The gamepad is a huge deterrent for many people.
>Marketing is aimed mainly at children despite their primary demographic being mainly 18-34 year olds and there's barely any marketing in general anyway.
>Everything in regards to how it was announced at E3 from the way they only showed the tablet rather than the console to not really showing anything people would care for.
>Zelda U constantly being delayed over and over again without any reason.
and the most important part
>Nintendo games barely ever get a discount and if they do it's usually the games that came out release at best.
>>
Go watch the E3 2011 reveal and you'll understand.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.