[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ I want as close as an honest opinion as i'm gonna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8
File: PlayStation_2_logo.jpg (32 KB, 781x778) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation_2_logo.jpg
32 KB, 781x778
So /v/ I want as close as an honest opinion as i'm gonna get from you all. Never had a PS2 as a kid so I got one recently. Only system I had was a GameCube and missed out on MANY games as you can guess. I love games (yes fuck you I actually enjoy games) and I'm trying to play the games i've missed. But is it weird or strange that I'm playing games like Kingdom Hearts having not played them as a kid? Also what games would you recommend because I have:
>Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and Chain of Memories
>Scarface
>FFX
>Psychonauts
>Jak and Daxter games
>Killzone
>San Andreas

tl;dr: Is it weird I'm playing certain games and what should I get next?
>>
It's too late. PS2 is one of those consoles where you just had to be there to experience it.
>>
>>333582303
Yea I had that feeling. I completely missed multiplayer, excluding split-screen, and its not like any of the games will or have blown me away but they are fun. Since I play games for fun my PS2 and I have a good relationship. Went from being the guy who didnt know what battlefront was (at the time nobody I knew had a PS2 or was into Star Wars) to having nearly every damn system out there.
>>
File: video game man up to no good.png (63 KB, 422x367) Image search: [Google]
video game man up to no good.png
63 KB, 422x367
>>333582303
Nonsense. I didn't have a Saturn as a kid but that doesn't stop me from playing gorgeous 2D masterpieces.

>>333581865
I've played very few PS2 games but you can't go wrong with Grand Turismo, Klonoa, GTA Vice City, Ico, and Shadow of The Colossus.
>>
>>333582303
If you have any suggestions or comments tho I will very likely play the games you suggest. Also just generally curious for advice and very sadly 4chan is the only place I can really turn to
>>
>>333581865
> didnt have both console
were you poor
>>
>>333582631
Thanks. Got SoTC and Ico on PS3 before I got my PS2 unfortunately but oh well. Will check out the others. I've heard good things about Grand Turismo
>>
Katamari Darcy.

For Jak and Ico & SOTCS it's kind of better to play the remasters but it'll do.
>>
>>333582640
No but not really rich either. I was the picture of middle class children. Also parents thought games were waste of money for the most part. I had to beg for that fucking GameCube
>>
Shadow hearts and Shadow hearts: Covenant.

Covenant is the better game but if you want a full experience, you'd play the first game as well
>>
>>333582303
False. I still play ps2 games on my PC with 8x resolution etc... Same as the PSP and Wii/gc.
>>
Final Fantasy 12
Persona 3 and Persona 4
SMT games if you rike dat
Gran Turismo
Dragonquest 8
>>
>>333582772
Will check that as well. Gonna screenshot these comments and I will post whenever I eventually play them so y'all are not wasting your time. Screenshot as well if you want proof.
>>
>>333582873
.hack
>>
>>333582815
Never heard of those but they sound interesting so I will check them out. I do want the full experience so yes I shall play the 1st one as well
>>
>>333582873
Finally getting into FF so that suggestion comes right on time. Heard about the others but have never played any so I will look into them as well
>>
>>333582956
Just heard about that game for the first time the other day oddly enough. Will check that one out as well
>>
>>333581865
Okay, I have a few right here for you.
If you enjoy JRPGs, I'd recommend Dragon Quest 8, Wild Arms 3, Wild Arms Alter Code F (If you can get it cheap or have $200 to shill out for a new copy), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga I & II, Dark Cloud, and Tales of the Abyss.
If you want a solid racing game, Burnout 3 is top tier.
If you enjoy a beat 'em up, then get God Hand.
If you have a huge CD collection, then I highly suggest Monster Rancher 3 and 4. Get a PS1 memory card and get 1 and 2, just be careful they can be expensive.
>>
>>333583726
Thanks for all the suggestions I will check them all out though the expensive ones may have to wait a little while. Heard positive things about God Hand especially and several of the others.
>>
Other games aside tho is it weird I'd be playing games like Jak and Kingdom Hearts to make up for lost time or is it reasonable and I'm just really fucking overthinking it
>>
You need to play Chulip and Katamari
>>
>>333584406
Never heard of those but will look into them. What should I be expecting from them? Also in terms of price as well as type of game?
>>
>>333583943
Not pcsx2? Not worth
>>
>>333584573
Don't have a decent PC unfortunately so can't pcsx2 or my laptop would combust. Good to know tho so much appreciated
>>
>>333584785
Get a CRT if you use real PS2... My god the loading time kill me, broken DVD also do.
>>
>>333584785
Not mod? You can use an hardisk AMD a guide on internet
>>
>>333584947
Probably good advice. Forgot to list I also have Deus Ex on PS2, as well as PC, and that fucking loading time on that game especially pisses me off
>>
>>333585031
I will check it out because I do want to expand my PS2 library but some games are so damn expensive its crazy
>>
God Hand and Yakuza 1 and 2.

Those 2 games alone are woth a ps2.
>>
>>333585621
I really want Yakuza but fuck me that game gets damn expensive. Same with Silent Hill 2
>>
>>333585729
FreeMCboot with MGS3 subsistence

Googling it is easy.
I payed 80 CAD for Yakuza 2 its worth it.
>>
>>333581865
go to the recomened wiki and go for ps2 m8
have fun.
>>
>>333585994
Shall look into it. Certain games cost way too much so there is no other option for me. Have MGS on PS3 HD collection so im set for that but could be useful for other games.
>>
>>333586147
I didn't know such a thing existed. Thank you based anon
>>
>>333581865

Go play Ace Combat. 4-5-Zero in that order. Do it nigger.
>>
>>333584406
>Katamari
This, op. We Katamari is great.
>>
What playstation 2 games there with rating E for everyone on the ESRB?

and please love games 100% free references (not have references) to magic, to devils, and games 100% suitable for all age groups

and politically correct games
>>
>>333586308

Uhh, Crash I guess?
>>
>>333586263
>>333586282
Will look into them. In need of some good games so recommendations are appreciated.
>>
Get the three Ace Combat PS2 games, Shattered Skies, The Unsung War, and Zero. (If you're European, they're called Distant Thunder, Squadron Leader, and the Balkan War).
>>
>>333586358
i like crash bandicoot
>>
>>333586308
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Persona 3, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
>>
>>333581865
Black
OutRun 2006
>>
>>333586371
I shall look into them and not Euro but interesting info.
>>
>>333586437
none of those games are rated E for everyone

and none of those games are politically correct
>>
Get Devil May Cry 1 and Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. Avoid Devil May Cry 2 like the plague, it's a complete mess of a game.
>>
>>333586485
I'd also recommend Odin Sphere to you. I forgot about that game.
>>
>>333586481
and black is not for everyone and is not politically correct

and does OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is politically correct?
>>
>>333586481
Recently heard about Black so probably getting that soon.
>>333586437
Will see about those games
>>333586580
Have all those on 360 already sadly or I would. If only i'd heard the news about 2 sooner because that was a brutal disappointment.
>>333586582
Good to know I remember hearing about that game somewhere
>>
The PS2 Prince of Persia games are pretty good. The second one, Warrior Within, is quite edgy, but I think it's still a good game.
>>
>>333581865

People shit on God of War but it's good fun IMO. You should try them out, the 1st and the 2nd. Shadow Of The Colossus is another one I didn't had the chance to try out until late into the generation, but it's literally art (in a sense). MGS2&3, if you've never knew MGS. God Hand and Okami came from Clover, which Capcom dissolved, but are great games and are still my favs today. You really need to git gud in GH, but it's fun nonetheless. Burnout 3 is great. People shit on Dominator but it's one of my favs, so I recommend it.
>>
>>333586308
OP here. Are there even any games on the system that match this description? E being completely PC on specifically PS2 would surprise me tho i would be happy to hear proof im wrong
>>
>>333586845
Love MGS, played and liked God of War. Heard about Okami but never played
>>
>>333586884
It is easy

I what I want.

are games rated E for everyone in the ESRB

that are politically correct

where there is nothing magic or the devils referecias

and suitable for all audiences
>>
>>333586993
Spongebob battle for bikini bottom?
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>333581865

>FF12
>Star Ocean 3
>Rogue Galaxy
>Dark Cloud
>Radiata Stories
>Bully
>XIII

Have fun, OP
>>
>>333587073
well, it's a good start.
>>
>>333587116
Thanks for all suggestions. I'm getting off but feel free to continue and ill find the thread later today
>>
Star Wars Battlefront 2 has a decent campaign mode, even though it's a game designed for multiplayer.
>>
>>333586779
Twisted metal black
Jak and daxter 1 only
Timesplitters 2

Ps1 games
Crash bandicoot trilogy
Crash team racing
Spyro trilogy
Medievil 1
Tomba 1 + 2
Mickeys wild adventure
Bugs bunny lost in time
Speed freaks
>>
>>333587486
Your know playstation games?

which are games rated E for everyone in the ESRB

that are politically correct

where there is nothing magic or the devils referecias

and suitable for all audiences
>>
>>333586481

Both of these games are better played on Xbox - or in OR2006's case, PC.

I can't recommend OR2006 enough though.
>>
>>333587116
>FF12
Or you can wait for HD-remake.
>>
>>333587638
hello, I want to play.

politically correct, which are rated and for everyone in the ESRB

without any magic or references to devils
>>
>>333587819

There is no questionable content in OR2006. It's rated E.
>>
>>333587621
What the fuck
>>
>>333587910
well OK

And there are other games for PlayStation 2, with the characteristics I look for?
rated and for everyone in the ESRB

without any magic or references to devils

and politically correct
>>
>>333587989
I hate is violent games

and only game to game suitable for all age groups

problem with that?
>>
>>333588081
No but your requirement of political correctness is baffling
>>
>>333588081
All the ps1 games I listed suit your criteria except for Medievil

I don't know or care if they're 'politically correct' tho
>>
>>333588150
because what you say?

for me the games suitable for all age groups (E for everyone in the ESRB)

They are the only ones worth playing
>>
>>333588260
what happened is that I.

detest violent games and inappropriate

I only play video games that are totally suitable for all age groups

rated E for everyone in the ESRB
>>
>Way of the Samurai 1 & 2
>Tenchu Wrath of Heaven
>Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2
>Timesplitters 2
>Devil May Cry
>Any WWF game
>Dark Cloud 1, dunno about 2.
>Any of the Monster Rancher games
>Manhunt
>Armored Core
>Dynasty Warriors Empires
>Drakengard
>>
>>333581865
Metal Gear Solid 3, my guy
>>
Okami.
Steambot Chronicles.
Zone of the Enders.
Soul Calibur.
All the King of Fighters games you can find.
>>
File: 1451439925156.png (352 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451439925156.png
352 KB, 500x375
>>333581865
Taz Wanted, Klonoa, Crash Wrath of Cortex, Cookie and Cream. Theseare must have.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 374x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 374x417
Guys, eurolandia here. I have PAL PS2, want to import NTSC Raidou 1&2 and Katamari, how do i go about playing them? FMB, Swap magic?
>>
spartan total war is REALLY fun! never played a game like it, its basically a way way WAY better version of dynasty warriors where troops actually function!!! hundreds of your allies help you and all the enemy troops try to kill you!! its how dynasty warriors should be and the combat is so much more fun. Never seen anyone mention this game and it is so much fun! but i admit the missions where your not fighting large scale battles arnt so fun.
>>
>>333591798
oops i meant spartan total warrior. Has bits of mythology in it too! you just wait till you fight some of those odd creatures! its even better when its you vs romans with your allies vs neutral creatures that kill everything, i love 3 way battles so much.
>>
Shadow Of Rome is a damn good game, if you can stand the mediocre stealth segments. The battle parts are spot on.
>>
>>333581865
I grew up on the three Jak & Daxter games, (at the time) the four or five Ratchet and Clank games, Champions of Norrath, Champions: Return to Arms, Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2, Stuntman, and Graffiti Kingdom.

I don't care what anyone says about Graffiti Kingdom, it is the shit. It looks really fucking dumb but it is possibly my favorite PS2 game ever. The controls were a bit clunky but it is otherwise amazing.
>>
Play PS1 games on it too since it's backwards compatible.
>>
skygunner if youve never heard of it you missed out
>>
>>333592191
>Champions of Norrath, Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance
Those games were so good. Pretty mediocre iso hack'n'slashes by today's standards, but for two bros with all the time in the world, they were perfect.
>>
Burnout 3
Burnout Revenge
Burnout Dominator
Lumines
SSX
Tony Hawks
Persona 3 FES
FF XII
Grandia II
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 407x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 407x482
>>333592075
Nothing like beating guy to death with his own severed arm.
>>
>>333592289
The former is four player if you had a multitap or if you were playing on a BC PS3. My friends and I have put so much time into these games.

I just wish the PS2 emulator could run snowblind games decently.
>>
Yes, it's very weird, you weirdo~
>>
>>333581865
Super Robot Wars
>>
>>333581865
Ratchet and Clank 1-3
Armored Cores
Ace Combats
Gradius V
>>
>>333592535
Just, the weight and impact of the weapons in that game felt so good. Seeing Agrippa wind up a swing with a huge axe and having it connect with a midget to send him flying was just so satisfying.
>>
>>333581865
here's a list of some comfy ass games to relax on.
Jurassic park: operation genesis
Monster rancher 3
Goblin commander
Star wars bounty hunter
Spyro 3
Champions of Norath series
Baldurs gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2
Tony Hawks underground 2 (for the jackass guys)

That's All I can really think of rn hope it helps
>>
>>333593107
>Goblin commander
Fuck yes I forgot about this.

Fantastic game.
>>
JADE COCOON 2
MONSTER HUNTER 1

HARD MODE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
File: Angela knife SH2.jpg (486 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Angela knife SH2.jpg
486 KB, 1600x1200
>>333581865
>But is it weird or strange that I'm playing games like Kingdom Hearts having not played them as a kid?
No. I played KH at age of 15, and still do at almost 30, with my wife, who's a total FF / KH maniac.

>what should I get next
I'm just gonna post my recommendations:

-Silent Hill 2-4
-Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
-Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
-Jak & Daxter -trilogy
-Ratchet & Clank -games
-Fatal Frame -games
-Forbidden Siren -games
-Psychonauts
-Ico
-Shadow Of the Colossus
-Okami
-Xenosaga
-ZOE
-Persona 3 & 4
-Other Shin Megami Tensei-games
-Cold Fear
-Gran Turismo 3 & 4
-GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas
-Shadow Of Memories
-Devil May Cry 1-3
-Disgaea -games
-Evil Dead: Fistful of boomstick

Don't forget that PS2 also runs PS1 games, thus greatly expanding the library:

-Silent Hill
-Resident Evil 1-3
-MediEvil 1 & 2
-Final Fantasy VII-IX

-Spyro 1-3
-Dino Crisis 1-2
-Vagrant Story
-Metal Gear Solid

-G-Police games
-Oddworld -games
-Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
-Alundra

-Parasite Eve 1 & 2
-Crash Bandicoot 1-3
-Crash Team Racing
>>
>>333581865
>Is it weird I'm playing certain games and what should I get next?
Fuck no, don't let other people's definition of weird stops you from having fun.
I was about to recommend you some games, but they've already been mentioned ITT.
>>
Blood will tell

Look it up, it's fucking amazing and criminally underrated. You're a samurai whose body parts have been stolen by a bunch of demons, so you have to fight to get them back. Until then, you have prosthetic weapons in place of your real body parts- swords for arms, a fucking bazooka in your leg... it also has some clever moments where the screen will display in monochrome until you get your eyes back and things like that. It's a fun action game with a load of bosses.
>>
>>333582303
Kill yourself
>>
My list:

Def jam fight for NY
God hand
The warriors
Bully / canis canem edit
zone of the enders
Metal gear solid series
manhunt
shadow of rome
spartan total warrior
tenchu wrath of heaven
burnout 3
007: everything or nothing (i had tons of fun with this on co op)
airblade
ape escape
arc the lad
beyond good and evil
legacy of kain: blood omen
legacy of kain: defiance
chaos legion
dark cloud 1 and 2
dead to rights 1
destroy all humans

had to google some of 'em but that's a start.
>>
Fucking Gitaroo Man.
>>
THE GUY GAME
>>
>>333595956
Fuck yea best ps2 game but if he's emulating it'll never run right
>>
>>333595672
> tenchu after 2

It's trash
>>
>>333598459
dont mess withme! wrath of heaven is the penultimate tenchu experiance so you better back down buster..unless you want a taste of disfaction hehe thats what i thought now kneel and kiss what you know is right
>>
>>333588391
Then the universe will objectively agree that you need to hang yourself.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.