[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Playing any 4X or Grand Strat >Start to really get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1388890191895.jpg (36 KB, 316x263) Image search: [Google]
1388890191895.jpg
36 KB, 316x263
>Playing any 4X or Grand Strat
>Start to really get the strategy of the game down
>Increase difficulty
>AI doesn't actually become better at playing at all, just increases gives the AI invisible buffs and unfair numerical advantages
>The highest levels of difficulty are just the player having to go full autism and min-max to deal with the fact that they are horribly crippled by arbitrary handicaps

Is there ANY FUCKING GAME AT ALL that doesn't do this?
>>
What game lets me best paint Europe's borders?
>>
>>333579064

Europa 4
>>
>>333579064
Google Images and MSpaint

Victoria 2 if you enjoy liquor factories and encouraging bureaucrats
>>
>>333579064
Crusader Kings 2 if you're gud at games and maybe want to roleplay, though you might want to downgrade to an older version, as I head that the new DLCs royally fuck it up. EU4 if you're a drooling retard.

>>333579248
Victoria 2 isn't about painting.
>>
>>333580440
>Victoria 2 isn't about painting

Are you telling me you don't try to achieve the best possible borders while playing? It may not be about blobbing, but breaking up AH and the Ottoman Empire probably falls under map painting
>>
>>333581238
I don't really paint in V2, with most nations it's more about economy and liberating the fuck out of Asia/Africa more than anything. Though I got really sick of the game once I found how how fucking bugged it is. Like, how citizens never get their money back when they lend it to the state, or how you can assimilate foreigners only by using bugs. I wish Paradox would make a Victoria 3 that is complex as fuck AND actually fucking works.
>>
> increase difficulty
> game becomes more difficult

I don't understand the issue
>>
>>333581613
>AI doesn't actually become better at playing at all, just increases gives the AI invisible buffs and unfair numerical advantages
How is that not clear?
>>
>>333581485
V2 made it really hard for me to play any other GS because i'm a huge sucker for population simulation

Like you said it's buggy as fuck, but it's far more enjoyable to screw around with than the abstract numbers in EU4

Unfortunately, everything i've seen about HoI4 and the recent CK2/EU4 DLC tells me that Paradox has zero intention of making a game like V2 again
>>
>>333581745
Yeah, it's too fucking bad that Paracucks seem to have a complete monopoly on the genre. An Victoria 2 with HOI2's combat and a few more features like embargos would be amazing.
>>
>>333582035
Oh and no bugs, and maybe an option for enabling/disabling historical railroading too.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.