[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here started the "Dark Souls 2 DLC is good" meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (149 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
149 KB, 1366x768
Who here started the "Dark Souls 2 DLC is good" meme?

Because these areas are fucking torture
>>
Those are multiplayer areas. You're meant to charge in with phantoms and not take retarded risks.
>>
This thread will either become baneposting, or it will die.
>>
>>333568021
>>
>>333568021
For you maybe
I always play a big guy with a shield so they're pretty easy
>>
>>333568412
To be fair those areas are rather difficult even with friends.
>>
Each DLC has one zone that is not required to beat the DLC final boss and is supposed to be played with the maximum number of phantom helpers.

Cave of the Dead
Iron Passage
& Frigid Outskirts

they suck dick if you do them alone but if you can find some phantoms (unlikely because all those areas are dead as fuck) then they're great fun
>>
>>333569094
>>333568116
Haven't played the game in a long time, why are they meant for more people?

I don't like doing multiplayer in DaS games, I feel like I am cheating.
>>
I only played the poison one. My friend told me the second dlc' last boss was good and the last dlc is copy-pasta.
>>
the problem with this area is all the fire that rises
>>
>>333569216
Enemies are higher in number and have inflated stats, and you're made to fight them in ridiculous arenas where the odds are overwhelmingly against you.

Iron Passage is notorious for this because you're fighting tough melee enemies who are supported by long range casters who are out of reach unless you do the shortcut, which might be the riskiest shortcut in the history of Souls games.

Makes it all the sweeter when you win.
>>
>>333568853
>To be fair those areas are rather difficult even with friends.

Any Souls game has its difficulty reduced to a small triviality at best if you play coop. It's basically the switch for people who don't like video games but enjoy the "nerd-cred" associated with beating them.
>>
>>333569216
Playing together with other people and overcoming a challenge as a group can be fun in a different kind of way than just playing by yourself. Haven't you ever played a coop game like Gauntlet Legends or Left 4 Dead and experienced the fun of teamwork? Do you just have no friends at all?
>>
>>333569478
For normal areas you'd be right. The multiplayer areas in the DLC are the exception because they're designed specifically for a full party.
>>
>>333569565
Dark Souls co-op just feels like cheating, especially when it comes to bosses because it pretty much breaks the AI brains.

Since the other person just attacks their ass.
>>
>>333569565
Like >>333569608 says, the unlike Gauntlets or L4D, the regular game isn't designed for multiple players. So when you summon other people, there is no challenge or difficulty anymore, you might as well use cheat-engine because the game is now completely worthless.

I've seen people play through the game with two other phantoms, completely gank the fuck out of a boss, and then complain it was too easy.
>>
>>333569478
>>333569216
You guys are so dedicated to trying to prove what a hardcore gamer you are alone, in your dark room, completely isolated, where nobody will ever know or care that you won, that you aren't willing to try something FUN. Just because it's not difficult, doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, you know.

ITT, people who fell for the "dark souls is about the difficulty!" meme. The most unique thing about the Souls series has always been it's unique multiplayer functionality.
>>
Only dumb faggots play Souls because of difficulty.

You should be playing it because it's good. Otherwise, go play shit like Silver Surfer.
>>
File: 1459959950698.jpg (41 KB, 540x440) Image search: [Google]
1459959950698.jpg
41 KB, 540x440
>>333569828
Did someone strike a nerve? Cause that's some hardcore projection going on here.

Again, it's alright if you like to play video games for achievements or trophies or whatever the hell, but yeah, most people do actually enjoy playing games for the challenge and overcoming said challenges. You put effort into something, it pays off, and it feels good; quite possibly you don't understand this concept and that's okay, plenty of people like you exist and most of them just use CE tables while they play.
>>
>>333570072
>Silver Surfer
>hard
lmao casual git gud
>>
>>333569828
>I'm a filthy casual who can only beat games if people help me. :(
If I wanted to play a co-op game, I'd play L4D or Warhammer whatever.
>>
>>333570240

If you wanted a difficult game, you wouldn't be playing Dark Souls.
>>
>>333570174
>>333570240
samefag
>>
>>333568021
you don't even know the half of it. those stupid casters who slow the shit out of you also block you from using magic. i was literally still using a +8 dagger by that point, i cracked and decided to put a few points into str/dex to be able to fight blue smelter demon and actually clear the area.
i agree though, shit level design,a nightmare for anyone running pure sorc builds.
>>
>>333569825
>I've seen people play through the game with two other phantoms, completely gank the fuck out of a boss, and then complain it was too easy.
If you play by the rules and win with your eyes closed then yes, the game is too easy.
Take for example WoW, nobody says it's hard. But then try it without a full party and it becomes from challenging to impossible.

If the multiplayer game is considerably easier than the single player experience then the game isn't balanced. I like souls, but I'm not going to delude myself into thinking it's perfect. You have to artificially make the game difficult in order for it to be challenging.
>>
>>333569094

>Frigid Outskirts

This has to be worst area in the history of Souls games, right?

And by "worst", I mean the most poorly designed/least fun to play area, not necessarily the hardest ((though it is very hard).
>>
I'm just finished it for the first time.

It was really not fun compared to the first.
On its own merit, it was okay at best.
>>
>>333571079
Yeah, you have a good point.
>>
File: 1422818069418.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1422818069418.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>>333569094
why are they hard to kill alone?

they're just ai
>>
>>333571285

Frigid Outskirts is great on a conceptual level, but it's a little too barren, even for a frozen wasteland. Plus not having a bonfire before the most obnoxious boss in the game sucks.

Iron Passage is still the worst in my opinion.
>>
>>333571079
Case and point, just about every humanoid boss can be parried to hell and back.

If you take a boss, like Maria, and try and fight her without relying on parrying, she's actually a pretty fun fight.
>>
>>333568021
>>333561584
>>333561584
>>333563098
>>333565003
No. its not a meme, i played das2 day one, and i believe it to be the weakest, most watered down and casualized of all the souls games from released.
It has been shown, objectively, time and time again, how embarrasingly bad das2 is compared to the rest of the series. the worse part is the death/cancerization of the pvp/pve community as a result of shit design changes like sm and removal of invasion orbs. This has bred a community even more cringeworthy than sunbro drakesword guideshitters.
"honorobu duel le mlg my rolls are so skilled" pc Sotfs defense force is the cringiest, most volatile group of shitstains this series has ever suffered, And 90% of the time, theyve never played a single other game in this series besides das2, nor have a single idea how combat works in any souls game BESIDES das2.

ITS NOT THAT DAS2 IS A BAD GAME, ITS JUST THE WORSE IN A SERIES OF GOOD GAMES. Objectively so. DaS2 massively casualized so fucking much. Sotfs made it even EASIER to boot.
This is a fact, and an opinion based on objective concrete faults. The base non sotfs game, have you ever played it?
Have you ever played DaS or DeS?
it has nothing to do with "cool" or not, it has to do with delinneating a playerbase and fucking them over so hard, people cant even consume souls without permanently fucking over their online experience, hell, theres a whole BRANCH OF MAGIC you cant use without ending up
fucked
>>
>>333568853
But you don't get to bring friends?
>>
>>333568021
had a friend make fun of me for not being able to do it on ng+3, then i chucked the controller at him, he died and lost all my 3 mil souls, then bitched and blamed it on fps.

Kek.
That said, it is definitely less of a pain in sotfs first playthrough.
>>
>>333572140
So you agree with OP?
DS2 is pretty poopy. SOTFS was a polished turd.
Looking forward to DS3.
Thanks for subscribing to my blog
>>
the base game is good, the dlc is good

its good

I myself never fell for the "Dark Souls 2 is bad" meme
>>
>>333572438
fuck you this is my blog, faggot
>>
File: 1352357926893.jpg (422 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1352357926893.jpg
422 KB, 1000x1000
>get to Eleum Loyce
>"it's beautiful"
>after Aava
>"I'M SO BORED"
>>
File: 1392886610414.png (171 KB, 637x431) Image search: [Google]
1392886610414.png
171 KB, 637x431
>>333572438
i aggree with op, however, there are a lot of people that unironically believe das2 to be "the best"
when its just okay, middling, at best.
DaS2 was a step backward, hopefully das3 will do right.
>>
>>333572528
Its not bad, its just the worse in a series of good games, you moron.
>>
i agree, there are some areas in the dlc which are indefensible.

however every other part of the dlcs is sublime.
>>
>>333570072

>You should be playing it because it's good.

Which is the reason DaS 2 is disliked by so many, the B team was more concerned with "2hard4u" than making the game fun.
>>
Iron Passage in particular was specifically meant for at least one or two co-op partners to tackle it with you.
There's a lever in the beginning that opens a gate that you cannot reasonably get to by yourself, and is made for your summoned partners to run through and clear out some enemies on ledges to make your time of going down some tunnels easier.
It's entirely optional, too.
>>
>>333568021
In my opinion the DkS 2 DLC were good in comparison to the rest of the game. The DLC themselves only got good at the Crown of the Ivory King
>>
>>333572814
But anon, it is entirely possible to open the gate and run through yourself. That's how I beat the blue smelter demon. The boss was easier than his area. Not trying to fellate myself here.
>>
>>333573002
I haven't been able to do it.
Either the enemies get in the way too much , or a fireball hits me in the face and then I miss my chance.
>>
>>333572786
exactly. DS1 was hard for all the right reasons. The only thing that was better about DS2 was PVP. Fuckin' lack of poise in DS2 put me off for a good while
>>
Iron keep is ass. I hate this game. That is all.
>>
>>333573167
Once you get past Smelter Demon it's a lot easier. It's still ass, but it's not as retarded.
>>
>>333572786
>the B team was more concerned with "2hard4u" than making the game fun

Where did this meme come from? I played Dark Souls 2 and SoTFS at launch, and I think the game is just piss easy. Died less on both playthroughs than I did in Dark Souls 1 overall.

If anything you should be complaining that game isn't challenging at all.
>>
>>333573123
You can run/roll past the enemies and the fireball only hits down the center. If you stick to the sides it wont hit you. Good luck my sweet boy.
>>
>>333572817
they were more DS1, the map layout that is. DS2 had too many dead ends and pointless bullshit
>>
>>333573254
that's cause you played DS1 first a fuckn casul can play DS2
>>
>>333572817
>only got good at the last dlc
>>
Yeah the iron passage is cruel especially the first time you make it to blue smelter and he does that stupid delay and kills you

I done it once and never gone back
Thought i hated getting to lurker after dying but this area sucks balls even more
>>
>>333573236
I don't know man, getting ganked by three iron turtles on that walkway just after smelter doesn't have my hopes up. I might take a bit of a break from ds2 honestly getting to and fighting smelter demon was extremely frusterating.
>>
>put trainer on
>see how bullshit all the enemy layouts are

Good thing DS2 sucked
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
>>
My buddy keeps spouting that ds2 is the easiest souls game because he heard it from a friend. His friend is retarded right?
>>
>>333573606
You're both retarded apparently because neither one of you seems to have a clue. Go ask one of your dads
>>
>>333573606
>My friend _opinion_. Is his opinion right /v/?

Fuck you
>>
>>333573606
No, DS2 is the easiest souls game. Fucking iframes are tied to a stat
>>
>>333573827
fucking this so much. i-frames shouldn't fucking scale
>>
you can defend iron passage by saying it is co-op area
but you can't defend that awfull shitty looking pointless area before sir alonne fog gate
>>
>>333573606
>Pump some strength
>pick up a mace from the blacksmith
>get Greatshield by 2nd or 3rd boss fight
>maybe upgrade it a bit
>congrats. You now have an overpowered weapon and an overpowered shield that can and will carry you through the game without much effort.
>maybe throw in some miracles and pyromancy for eziermodo
>>
>>333573827
20 adaptability was what you needed to have the same iframe time as DS1. Hardly anyone dumping that many points into it
>>
>>333573827

ds2 rolls felt meh

compared to 1, demons, or bloodborne
>>
>>333568021
I almost solo'd Iron Passage on my first try but I got sniped by the possessed armour right before the fog door as I was trying to heal.

That area is definitely designed for multiple people though since the alternate path leads above the main paith where they can reach casters and such. It was actually a pretty neat idea and I want them to do more coop stuff like that. Instead of just hanging enemies 2 people at a time, do some Portal 2 type shit where there are two or more paths and people need to hit switches and kill enemies to help the other people get through
>>
>>333574103
It's not even that much.
I was around level 120 by the time I finished vanilla and 190 by the time I finished Scholar and hit caps on multiple stats. You'll have more than enough extra points to dump into Agility
>>
File: 1.jpg (89 KB, 942x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
89 KB, 942x1080
Tips for the Belfry Gargoyles please.
>>
>>333574324
Projectiles.
Strike weapons.
>>
>>333574215
maybe if you grind zones/giant lord like an autismo
>>
>>333574103

you need 32 to match das fastroll
>>
>>333574324
try rolling
>>
>>333574324
aquire ability
>>
>>333574398
I did a few co-op bosses with other people, but that's about it. You get more than enough souls to hit caps on at least 2 stats by the end game anyway unless you're spending your souls on a bunch of useless shit. You'll have enough to pump Agility to 100 easily.
>>
>>333573254

The times it is challenging it's for all the wrong reasons (magical tracking, gank squads, etc.).
>>
>>333568459
subtle
>>
>>333574580
On this note why is the tracking with thrust weapons so fucking broken?
>>
dark souls sucks
>>
File: well what is it.jpg (23 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
well what is it.jpg
23 KB, 500x275
>>333568278
>>333568459
>>333569387
>>333572261
>>
File: 1453803333788.gif (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1453803333788.gif
5 KB, 200x200
>>333569828
>The most unique thing about the Souls series has always been it's unique multiplayer functionality.
Not even remotely true.
>>
>>333568021

Then kill everything until it de-spawns then you scrub.

I knew all the complaints are from babbies who start Dark Souls on PC, then this game kicked their shit in so it sucks apparently.
>>
Are literally all of DaS2's good boss fights from the DLCs
>>
File: 936.jpg (79 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
79 KB, 680x497
>>333569094
>yfw you beat all of it solo.
>>
>>333576392

Pretty trivial when you over-gear the fuck out of yourself with a Dark Roaring Halberd +5 and Dark Weapon like I did
>>
>>333573254

Because they end up getting bodied by ambushes and fall for the most basic of traps, then end up blaming it on the game because they're definitely too hardcore to be killed by any "legitimate" challenges.
>>
When should I start first dlc?
>>
>>333577379
After you finish Drangleic Castle.
>>
>>333568021
>Who here started the "Dark Souls 2 DLC is good" meme?
Everyone who actually played them. The area in your image is a multiplayer area designed for co-op, which is why it's hard and linear.

The rest of the content in the DLCs are at the level of DaS design or sometimes even better.

>Huge sense of verticality inherent in level design
>Tons of secrets scattered on obscure paths
>Shortcuts and paths designed to loop back for seamless movement
>Enemies usually spaced out and encourage usage of environment / raw skill to beat them

It's fucking GOAT and the only one that had an overload of mobs was Iron King, but even then it was a beautiful level.
>>
>>333575329
>Not even remotely true.
Definitely true. Souls offer seamless drop-in drop-out multiplayer whether it be PvP or Co-op whereas most games either force you into dedicated PvP arenas or shackle you with a dumb AI partner for co-op.
>>
>>333571285
It wouldnt be so bad if a fucking deer didnt spawn everytime the snow picked up
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.