[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the lore of the Dark Souls series went to shit with the introdiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Charge_manus.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Charge_manus.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
Did the lore of the Dark Souls series went to shit with the introdiction of Manus?
>>
wasn't he heavily implied to be the "furtive pygmy" referenced in the opening cutscene regardless?
>>
>>333561798
>Manus
more like man-anus
>>
>>333563003
Found the vaatividya faggot.
>>
>>333563003
Yes, Chester tells you.
>>
>>333563708
Not him, but I also subscribe to the theory. Here's an in-depth video by someone who's not Vaati:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPbx7iaugvU
>>
>>333563003
Well a peice of him at least
>>
>>333563708
Don't be dumb you don't need to watch his shit to come to the conclusion that Manus is the Pygmy.
>>
>>333561798
why
>>
>>333561798
>lore

90% theorycrafting does not make lore.
>>
>>333561798
M anus
F artorias
>>
I heard that Manus manifests in some other form in DaSII?
>>
>>333563869
>that gimmicky editing

god damn it, I can get over the nasaly voice but the flashing and deep voice changer are so stupid
>>
>>333564507
Don't bully dave! He's my favorite souls uploader. Something about his channel just screams "indie" whereas other more popular channels scream "shill"
>>
I don't mind manus.
Dark Souls isn't the type of series to have some central antagonist so I kinda like that you fight him in a dlc of the first game.
>>
>>333565054
You know what I stuck out through the video and it got better. It wasn't bad, but that editing part was pretty lame.

But you're right, its nice seeing older style YT vids instead of what we have now.
>>
>>333564307
Fragments of his soul coalesce into the various queens.
>>
Yo so on the topic of Lore why was Gwyndolin raised as a qt grill?
>>
>>333565709
Because he was born under a moon, which in Lordran means "female", so he was raised as such.
>>
>>333565709
'cuz he was too good at magic to be a warrior. Magic is feminine in DS.
>>
Isn't the whole point of Manus showing how humans can become monsters if they lose control of their part of the dark soul?
>>
>>333565709
He was the black sheep of the family.
Gwyn, his followers and his children are good with miracles FAITHbuilds and shit.
Gwyndolin had the audacity of being shit at miracles, but really good at sorcery INTbuilds.

To shame him Gwyn raised him like a girl
>>
>>333565709
his dad could tell he was a pussy from the start so he just went with it.
>>
>>333565995
I think that was more the inhabitants of Oolacile. The darkness (abyss) was coming directly from Manus' lair.
Kinda creepy when you think about it. In DaS, fire = lords/gods, dark = humans

The humans we see in the base game are a result of fire and dark existing at the same time in sort of a balance.

But the creatures in Oolacile exist in an area where dark is overrunning everything. Which leads me to believe that the fucked up people in Oolacile are an even more "pure" form of humans. This is also reflected by their more primordial structures and movements.
>>
>>333565918
this
>>
>>333567158
I like to think that the absolute truest form of humanity in the souls games is that of the fucked up creatures of the dark, and that the light of fire is the only thing that can help push them away from their true nature. The gods of the souls games are always in extravagant, overwhelmingly powerful forms and possess grand and mighty presences. The things of the dark are always subtle stalkers that kill whatever gets near before skulking off somewhere else.
>>
File: aldrich ate you're waifu.jpg (479 KB, 1318x1608) Image search: [Google]
aldrich ate you're waifu.jpg
479 KB, 1318x1608
>>333565709
Girls are chewier
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.