[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the deal with all of the female Gamestop staff? I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: gamer_0.jpg (54 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
gamer_0.jpg
54 KB, 348x348
Whats the deal with all of the female Gamestop staff?

I feel like over the last year the familiar nerdy male faces and unkempt facial hair have been replaced with female employees, the managers remain male.

Any Gamestop employees that can weigh in on this or whether there was a corporate push to discriminate in hiring practices?
>>
Sweaty neckbeards are more likely to buy into subscriptions if a cute girl asks them to.

The irony is that they tend to hire females that despise the job, fail to meet quotas, and have no idea about the products they are supposed to sell.
>>
>>333550709
Its simple really. Women make 75% of what men make doing the same job. By swapping out the front end staff with females, GameStop lowered their costs significantly.
>>
People shop at Gamestop?
>>
>>333551663
Between the lack of exclusive pre-order bonuses, going out of stock a week after a game releases, and their ridiculous pricing. Amazon is losing customers.
>>
>>333550709
GameStop doesn't want dedicated neckbeard customers, they want casuals who usually buy GTA, Madden, and Cod or parents who buy all that minecraft merchandise and toys-to-life game figures for their kids.
>>
>going to Gamestop
What's it like being retarded?
>>
>>333551507
>have no idea about the products they are supposed to sell

THIS

I have a career and I don't really spend time reading up on what new games have come out. I usually swing by gamestop once a month to pick something up (just got back from getting the latest AC, which is why I'm on /v/) and I like to get some advice or feedback on what is new and in the categories I like. The female employees never know about any of the jrpgs or special releases like the atelier trilogy that just came out (I was initially going to buy that, since they told me the vita version was in stock...but when I got there they realized that it was only a digital download so I wasted my time and gas).
>>
>>333550709
>gamestop still alive
i thought everything is digital now
>>
>>333551937
Which is why they are switching the focus of the company entirely. Casual gamers don't care if a game is on sale for $5 less at GameStop, they will pick it up at Walmart or wherever they can find it.
>>
>>333551937
>niche games are almost always 'pre-order it or we'll only stock 3 or zero copies'
>meanwhile every triple AAA game has so many copies on the shelves they drown out everything else.

I can believe it. The Gamestop here didn't even stock Digimon Cybersluts
>>
>>333552114
>Digital games cost $59.99
>Locked to a single account
>Accounts subject to being banned based on your personal beliefs and behavior
Nope. All it takes is for a trollish friend or family member to visit and you lose everything.
>>
>>333552434
Probably for the best, since Amazon dropped the ridiculous Prime Members Only bullshit on it, and lowered it by a dollar to $35.
>>
>>333550709
The managers are desperate losers that think they'll get some pussy if they hire some slut over someone competent and 100% better for the job.

I heard a rumor though that if you tell the employee a secret password, they'll take you to the back and suck your dick. You should try it OP.
>>
>>333552523
>being underage
>not having a private account
>>
>>333551948
>jrpgs or special releases like the atelier trilogy
>implying the normie dudes that work at gamestop know anything about these games either
>>
>>333552697
>they'll take you to the back and suck your dick
The password is "Hi I'm President Clinton, you must be new here."
>>
>>333551652
Either brain dead or a funny guy, never sure on /v/
>>
File: kornbeta.jpg (11 KB, 179x318) Image search: [Google]
kornbeta.jpg
11 KB, 179x318
>tfw got hired at gamestop during high school
>tfw manager straight up told me to flirt with customers because other employees had regulars that would come into the store and buy random shit just to chat them up
>>
>>333552760
I know you have no friends and all but sometimes people let guests play on their account
>>
>>333552760
You don't seem to understand what he means
>>
>>333552974
>sometimes people let guests play on their account
they're called retards
>>
gamestop wants a sales expert or someone with the qualities that would make someone more likely to buy something

they don't give a shit about a game expert especially one that would drive customers away by being an obsessive ky that actually drives away sales by discouraging customers from buying certain games
>>
>>333552971
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>333550709
Am I the only one that's had shit experiences with them? I've been to two different Gamestops while a chick was behind the counter and they always were subtly snarky and condescending whereas the majority of guys working there have always been bros. Also inb4 people claim I was the problem, I'm not a sperg around chicks and I'm polite and well mannered and don't waste time with small talk, I get in and get out.
>>
Really? I've noticed in the last 2 years that there has been an influx of cute boys.

Nohomo, but seriously. in Atlanta btw.
>>
>>333550709
It's not a discrimination thing. Imagine you're a dude that works at gamestop and you have that one friend that's a girl and also happens to like vidya. If you know she's looking for a job and offer to put in a good word for her, there's a really good chance she'll take you up on it because she thinks it'll be way cooler than a fast food joint or something. Now also imagine that you have a lot of male friends also looking for that job. Who do you think a horny bastard such as yourself is going to try to help get the job first?
>>
>>333553092
They actually tend to keep one person on staff that actually knows what they're talking about in case a bumbling housewife comes in.

The rest just need to know what AAA game is coming out in the next two weeks.
>>
>>333553243
It may surprise you, but some chicks are actually just dumb shallow sluts. Obviously there just for the sake of having a job, don't give a shit, and will quit the instant something better comes along
>>
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 560x560
>in a long term relationship
>adoring girlfriend, but ultimately I feel the need to be noticed by other women
>go into GameStop like once every couple of months
>make the panties of the GameStop girls drip
>love every second of it
I hate myself
>>
Seems like at my store the female boss keeps the autistic numale betacucks in line.

>coupon for buy 2 get 1 free
>3 full priced games
>$5 goes off
>t-there you go sir
:^)
>>
>>333553332
I'd help the male friends first, obviously.

Not everyone is as desperate as you.
>>
>>333550709
Thumbnail looked like xev bellringer.
>>
>>333550709
Because males in america are gullible as fuck and anything associated with woman interaction, they go apeshit and start masturbating (conceptual) in the site of one. Sex sales here , even though we are all both nothing but a sack of functioning cell with no purpose in the end.
>>
File: 1455677188246.gif (343 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455677188246.gif
343 KB, 500x281
>>333551948
Nigga why you lying on the internet like damn, pretendin you got a career and trippin cause the girls at gamestop would know shit about your chinky jap loli games.
>>
>>333553243
Bitches and whores.
>>
>>333553243
>they always were subtly snarky and condescending whereas the majority of guys working there have always been bros
No, that seems pretty standard.
>>
>>333551507
>fail to meet quotas

Its Game Stop. A retail store. They don't make commissions. The only possible "quota" is getting someone to sign up for their horrendous charge cards that have a 27% apr.
>>
I used to work at one, and its just marketing, nerdy girls are in right now, and they are more common than you'd first guess. college campuses are prime places.
Gamestop has a really high turnover rate, so they just cycle in new fresh college kids who think it would be their dream job, keep them for a season, then let them go, while the management stays permanent.
The one I worked at had two permanent people, everyone else was temporary, I only worked from september to december.

The reason why the managers are all still male is that they are remnants from the past, and will never leave. but for the foreseeable future its going to be "every female face that comes in for an interview gets a job"
>>
>>333553702
If you don't get X number of preorders per month you get written up.

You can't make this shit up.
>>
Because your more likely to buy something if a woman asks you? Are you retarded OP? This is common knowledge and it's done in retail everywhere they can.

Better question is why do you care enough in the first place to question it. And why the hell are you in a Gamestop they are a horrible company
>>
>>333553702
this is untrue, we do have quotas, and if you dont meet them, you are let go.
note, these are extremely hard to reach, regardless of gender, unless you push them like crazy. the biggest one is "can you get them to get a pre-order for their next purchase during this purchase" (btw, if you want to screw up someone's numbers, wait until your transaction is complete before asking to do a pre-order, it shows up as another transaction, and the quotas are based on percentage, not totals.)

this is one of the reasons why there is such big turnover like said up here:
>>333553772
>>
>>333552434

>stores should waste money and overstock on niche titles

Spot the jobless faggot who has no idea how supply and demand works
>>
>>333553562
Project somewhere else. I'd do the same thing, but I was explaining why girls get hired at GameStop so frequently.
>>
>>333550709
I don't know but if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have my crazy gf
>>
>>333553961
>You are more likely
Not OP, but speak for yourself, you betafag. I'm less likely to buy from gamestop when it's some dumb chick. I absolutely hate when they start spouting random irrelevant made up nonsense, and try to get out of there as fast as possible.

I much prefer employees who know what they are selling, and I'm thankfully as fuck my local gamestop has some total bros working there.

On days when they're not busy we literally just hang out talking, even the manager gets in on it.
>>
>>333552114
Unless you live in another country but US i don't know why'd u consider them dead when you are highly likely to spot one in a mall
>>
https://youtu.be/TCK2TF6b37Y
>>
>>333554336
because almost everything is turning digital these days
they only sell steam keys for most pc games
>>
>>333550709
> Being so intimidated by a female's presence, that you actively seek out excuses to trash talk them, even if it is working in a dead end job.
> Being so oppressive that you are bias towards a man-friendly environment only.

Closet homosexual detected.
>>
>>333555018
Oh, I'm not in the closet hun
>>
>>333551948
> AC
> JRPGS

Dude, nobody wastes their time with that shit.

If you want a mini review for buying a shitty product, just go to IGN for a review
>>
>>333555191
We don't have IGN in my state. The only places to buy games are Gamestop, Walmart, and Target.
>>
The nearest gamestop seems to have a good mix

> qt3.14
> neckbeard
> bro
> fat chick

Surpisingly none are terrible
>>
So glad Amazon exists so I never have to set foot in Gamestop again.
>>
>>333554230
Obviously I don't mean you as in yourself you tard use reading comprehension. OP is a male, most of /v/ is male. It's statistically proven men are more likely to do something if a woman tells them rather than a male. It's biological. Doesn't mean everyone just gives in and does whatever a woman asks you to
>>
>>333550709
Every Gamestop I've known, regardless of how long they retained specific employees, always cut a functional balance between nerdy guys that know their shit and cute girls.

Although the ones near me lately have been lucky enough to get nerd girls. Yeah, they generally aren't interested in anything that isn't a JRPG or a Nintendo franchise, but shit, if they can talk about that and not COD or GTA, they're already a cut above.
>>
Well, I was fired from GameStop almost 10 years ago because I was one of the old EB employees that was folded in after the buyout. I was told by my district manager that I was "making too much" at $14/hr as an Assistant Store Manager. I later learned that GameStop ASMs made around $10-11 per hour on average.

They were looking for any reason to get rid of me and after six years of a spotless record, I accidentally sold a PC game that hadn't been marked as street dated and they canned me for it.
>>
>>333555846
What?! You only make $14/hour

How the fuck can you live on anything less than $20?
>>
>>333555846
>I later learned that GameStop ASMs made around $10-11 per hour
Minimum wage here is $11.25
>>
>>333556027
>>333556089
Like I said, that was nearly 10 years ago.
>>
Have some cancer guys:

https://youtu.be/XjGCDyJDYfg

Once you see this you can never go back.
>>
>>333555290
...are you actually retarded?
>>
File: 1341539911461.jpg (9 KB, 251x184) Image search: [Google]
1341539911461.jpg
9 KB, 251x184
>>333555290
>ign
>retail
>>
>>333550709
My manager and assistant manager are both female. No discrimination, they've just been at GS for almost 10 years. Neckbeards are getting phased out because we want charisma more than vidya knowledge. You can teach about product; you can't teach social skills.
>>
>>333550709
I worked with one girl that seemed like she was going to blow a fuse any second over nothing
Like she had dropped a game and I went to pick it up for her cause she had her hands full she quickly stomped on the game befor I got to it and gave a death stare
>>
>>333557158
I can almost smell her b.o. and see her blue hair
>>
File: 1456961755408.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1456961755408.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
If you have a credit card or a good indie shop, why would you bother going to a GameStop anymore?

More niche titles are getting even smaller prints. If you don't order the CE directly from the publisher, you probably aren't going to get a physical copy anyway.

If you live in a large enough city, you can often find a non-GS, non-chain game retailer that often doesn't give a shit about street dates. Sure, they may stock a lot of overpriced nonsense, but getting that game early is sweet.
>>
>>333558470
i take advantage of the 7 day return policy very liberally.

Meaning, I always rent and return. Often I return and then turn around and buy the same game again
>>
I'm actually the manager of a gamestop at the glendale galleria gamestop. I was instructed by the owner to specifically hire good looking nerdy girls to work there, currently there's 2.

I'm not even joking when I say it was to increase the amount of costumers and regulars. kek.
>>
>>333555329
is she fat or thicc
>>
>>333559009
don't they not accept returns on opened games?
>>
>>333551948
>slides glasses up* You've never heard of the Atelier trilogy special release?!!!
You're the sort of person that makes the job a living hell.
>>
>>333561878
if you buy new games, you can't return them.

if you buy used copies, you can return and rebuy again and again.

Some stores have a policy of single transaction per title per "store visit," but this is defined by the Gamestop legal dept using the security cameras. So if you leave the store, go out of camera range, and re-enter, they are obliged to sell to you as long as you meet their criteria (fully clothed, able to pay, civil). Otherwise they could be in a HEAP of legal trouble.
>>
>>333550709
We are being strong armed into hiring female employees by our HR branch. keep the team flexible. (we don't want a lawsuit) is the wording the higher ups use.

over the pass 8 months, I've brought on 3 new people into my store. two girls, one guy. one girl quit after a week the second was brought on to replace her. the guy is great and I'll be promoting him soon.
from what I've seen girls have a much easier time getting preorders and pro cards. like not even funny how easy it is. all she has to do is ask. where as the guy has to tell them what the card does or what comes with a preorder.

source. I work for the shitheads as a SM
>>
Why do all the employees at video game stores or music stores all have dyed hair, piercings and tattoos.

Any other job they'd be rejected, but for games etc it seems like it's a prerequisite.
>>
>>333552434
it's a pretty bad game with a bad localization, why would they
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.