[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PlayStation 2 Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: Playstation2logo.jpg (11 KB, 850x349) Image search: [Google]
Playstation2logo.jpg
11 KB, 850x349
Let's have a thread to discuss arguably one of the best video game systems ever made, the PS2. The systems which gave us classics such as ICO, Jak & Daxter, Kingdom Hearts, Dark Cloud, Ratchet & Clank, Vice City, Gregory Horror show and loads more.

What was your first PS2 game?

What is your favourite PS2 game?

Any special memories related to PS2 you treasure?
>>
Don't leave me hanging PS2bros :(
>>
File: CV_loi.jpg (127 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
CV_loi.jpg
127 KB, 640x908
I actually like this game
>>
>>333550392
First game: GTA Vice City
Favorite: GTA Vice City
Special memory: exploring the hell outta San Andreas with cousins
>>
Best DVD player I had.

Warhammer 40k Fire Warrior and Prisoner of War were my favourite games.
>>
>>333551625
fantastic soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohscTU5PZc
>>
>>333550392
First PS2 game: crash wrath of cortex

Favorite ps2 game: ratchet up your arsenal

Special memories: The level of satisfaction beating jak 2 and playing war of the monsters with my friends all summer
>>
>tfw PS2 became officially dead 7 days ago
>>
First was Tekken 4

Favorite is pretty hard to decide. DMC3 was great.

Saving a fuckton of shit in your memory card and seeing it only fill halfway cause it was huge compared to the PS1's

Seriously, the worst thing about the PS1 was checking a great game and then seeing the box saying "4 blocks needed"
>>
File: The_Art_of_Naughty_Dog_073.jpg (329 KB, 1238x1650) Image search: [Google]
The_Art_of_Naughty_Dog_073.jpg
329 KB, 1238x1650
Jak and Daxter, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Bully, DBZ and Nardo fightan, and some movie tie-in were the bulk of my library. Didn't explore the rest until PS3 remasters of dmc, mgs, sly, ratchet, etc.
Now that my PC can emulate I'm excited to see what I've missed
>>
My first game was Kingdom Hearts, but it ended up becoming my little brothers favourite games.

I have fond memories of the Jak trilogy, and The Two Towers, Those were the games I could sit forever trying to beat. Fuck that berserker orc in Fangorn.

Other incredible memories are freaking the fuck out playing Gregory and hiding from the Nurse Lizard. Shit had us on edge all the time.

So many incredibly memories.
>>
First PS2 game: Gran Turismo 3 - well it looks nice but feels real slow (coming off of GT1)

First non-pack-in PS2 game: Twisted Metal Black - oh god yes
>>
I actually got the PS2 solely as a Resident Evil Outbreak machine, since I had so much fun playing it at a friends house.

Special memories is using the OSD exploit on the hard drive after the Outbreak servers went down to continue playing on the fan server and also to install any games besides Outbreak that I never played.
>>
>>333552262
oh my fucking god. the two towers and return of the king were the BEST. I love how leveling made a huge difference and the variety of playable characters
>>
>>333552517
Hell yeah.

>tfw unlocking Isildur in Two Towers after doing that hard as fuck gauntlet elevator level
>>
>>333550392
Wow, I don't even remember my first ps2 game...sad.

Robot Alchemic Drive was great though, not my favourite, probably GTA vice city for hours played.
>>
File: gaems.jpg (171 KB, 617x324) Image search: [Google]
gaems.jpg
171 KB, 617x324
PS2 was my first DVD player and boy did I end up buying a lot of those over its lifetime and beyond. For games, the system took a long while to come into its own, had I not owned all 4 consoles that generation I may have given more of its earlier games a look much sooner, but eh. Ending with games like Okami, God Hand, Sakura Wars 5, Gran Turismo 4, and many others was a fantastic sendoff, probably better than any other console had.
>>
Think my first game on it was ratchet and clank 1 or something like that, can't quite remember

My favourite would probably be Jak 2 or Godhand

I'd have to say having a bunch of friends over to chill and play war of the monsters were some pretty fond memories
>>
Nobody mentioned Gitaroo Man. This fucking thread is off the chains guys, good job.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixV_Mmz2eGE
Faggots
>>
>>333553057
What's that last .Hack game?
>>
>>333553525
FUCK

How the fuck did I forget Giraroo Man? One of my most loved games of all time.

Best song coming through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iThvfax4w8o&nohtml5=False
>>
>>333553598
.hack//Versus
>>
>tfw Champions of Norrath
>tfw Ratchet and Clank: Gladiator
>tfw War Of The Monsters
>>
Shadow of the Colossus, GTA3, FFX, MGS2, Ratchet and Clank series, Jak 3, Soul Calibur 2 & 3, Okami so many good memories.

IMO the greatest console ever in terms of great and diverse games.
>>
File: RC_Revenge_Pro.gif (25 KB, 200x277) Image search: [Google]
RC_Revenge_Pro.gif
25 KB, 200x277
Best racing game with shittiest graphics coming through
>>
>>333550392
>Forgetting that 90% of /v/ is probably too young to have played the PS2 in its prime.

Hell you even forget to throw in the backwards compatibility with PSX games.
>>
>>333550392
My first PS2 game was probably Turok Evolution. I still like that game despite it's flaws. My favorite is Dark Cloud for mostly nostalgic reasons, but I replayed it recently and it still held up for me. I played Dark Cloud 2, and while it does improve most of the problems with the first one, I don't think I could replay that any time soon.

I bought God Hand and that is swiftly becoming one of my favorites of the PS2.
>>
>>333555820
Not OP but personally PS1 BC wasn't a selling point to me. It was all about that dvd playback. PS1/PS2 BC in PS3 was a different story however. Played the hell out of many older games on my PS3 even long after it came into its own game-wise.
>>
Enthusia Professional Racing is why I still have my PS2 hooked up along all my newer consoles instead of just pulling it out once in a while to play a PS2 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mNphSPJJ4Q
>>
File: BB HOOD.png (202 KB, 281x287) Image search: [Google]
BB HOOD.png
202 KB, 281x287
Easiest console to hack
>>
>>333556875
But worst console to emulate :(
>>
>>333550392
First: PoP: Sands of Time
Favorite: Shadow of the Colossus
Memories: Playing Battlefront 2 on Christmas Day. One of the happiest moments of my life desu
>>
>>333556875
>>333557174
>xboxhueg
>>
File: Emu.png (2 MB, 1628x994) Image search: [Google]
Emu.png
2 MB, 1628x994
>>333557174
I think it emulates fine (except SOTC)
>>
>>333556875
what is "the PSP"
>>
>>333557632
It's a hit or miss with most games. I've ran into more problems emulating PS2 games than with any other emulator.
>>
>>333552004
Why is that?
>>
File: legend.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1200
>>333550392
>What was your first PS2 game?
smugglers run
>What is your favourite PS2 game?
twisted metal black
>Any special memories related to PS2 you treasure?
busting a fat nut all over my crt when i first played tomb raider legend
>>
I think my first PS2 game was pic related.

Favorite: MGS3 or Vice City, Mercenaries 1

Climbing up that ladder for what felt like 10 minutes in MGS3 and then fighting the Boss in that beautiful field.
>>
>>333558291
haha
>>
>>333550392
First PS2 game - some shitty baseball game, don't remember name. Received it as a gift with the system.

I played at least 100 PS2 games, but I never got sick of Soulcalibur 2

Special memories - I had just as much fun with shit games as with good ones. I would buy pretty much anything with 4 player multitap support. Bros all sitting on the floor in front of the TV because the cords would only reach so far.
>>
The first ps2 game I owned was FFX.
I also didn't get a memory card for months, it was a wild ride. I guess my favourite game would probably be Timesplitters 2, Jak and Daxter if we're talking exclusives.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 101x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 101x144
Forgot my pic
>>
>>333550392
I'm pretty new to the PS2 train, I only got mine 4 years ago.

>first
I bought 9 games with my PS2, the ones I can remember are
>DQ8
>Katamari Damacy
>Rygar
>Ace Combat 4
>Destroy All Humans
>THPS4
>GTA3 trilogy
>Onimusha

>favorite
Katamari Damacy

>special memories
playing through Silent Hill 2 in one sitting in the middle of the night
>>
I love the PS2 to death

I always want to own one
>>
>>333559014
Forgot my glasses
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.