[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'll give you the money >but first you have to convince
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: Kevin.jpg (522 KB, 850x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kevin.jpg
522 KB, 850x1000
>I'll give you the money
>but first you have to convince me why your video game is good
>>
>>333547405
Do you play video games?
>>
I hate this man
>>
File: image.gif (154 KB, 288x229) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
154 KB, 288x229
>>333547405
Because fuck you, pay me.
>>
>>333547534

>hating based Kevin

for what purpose
>>
>>333547405
Play it and you'll see
>>
http://vidya.ga/r/v4c
Dragon's Den and Shark Tank fellas
>>
>>333547610
Alright, on dragons den he's pretty good.
>>
>>333547405

Well Kevin, it's like this. My game isn't really good but because I've carefully selected elements that attract the current 14-25 year old demographic, it is going to sell like hot cakes anyway.
First of all my game is an isometric, sprite based jrpg. I know what you're thinking Kev, who in their right mind would pay for such trash but trust me this will absolutely work. Not only that but it'll be cheap as hell to make leaving a lot of headroom for profits.
Next we'll add some schmaltzy story to it, something where our hero respects women and accepts their new sexuality.
Then we need to get the minecraft fans on board so we'll make a crafting system just like it, something where you need to spend hundreds of hours looking at cheap inventory windows and combining crap into more crap.

We'll spend all the money you get me on our kickstarter video, maybe hire Tim Schaffer to bring the lulz to the kids, gather all the KS money and sit on it for a year or two, then release an Early Access version for about 95$ making it look like a premium VIP experience for anyone that gets in first.
We slap together one or two updates, add some DLC or an in-game store and call it a day. By then your investment would've paid off in spades.
>>
File: 1458494605827.png (1 MB, 874x1100) Image search: [Google]
1458494605827.png
1 MB, 874x1100
W-well Dragons, it's going to have these super cute anime girls that are like good friends, and over the course of the game you build closer relationships to them, and you get to pick which one you want to be your "special best friend" where you do things only "special best friends" would do to each other. Also one of the girls is a super soldier that can freeze time, and another one is this elf girl who can only survive by drinking the bodily fluids of young girls.
>>
>>333547405
Can I call you Kev? It's an indie, first person, turn-based Roguelike inspired by Dark Souls made on our own engine (which will be part of the costs you'll be giving me today) that will revolutionize the gaming industry. It will have multiplayer support with an ingame cash shop for maximum monetization. I'm asking for 3 million and in return I give you 5% of the company.
>>
>>333547405

because its micro transactions and pay to win

ego masturbation through a pay way

and no one doesn't "just not masturbate "
>>
>>333549462
I'll give you 2 million for 80% of your profits.
>>
>>333547405
the main character has a watch that doesn't look like shit
>>
>>333551292

Thanks sucke-- I mean Kevin.
>>
>>333547405

>Dragon's Den was originally a Japanese show

anyway Kevin and Rob are GOAT
Mark Cuban he's the real asshole
>>
>>333550301
>3mil for 5%

You are about to be that piece of flesh
>>
File: 212391231231.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
212391231231.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>yfw 99.99% of /v/ wouldn't be able to make a profitable video game even given unlimited resources
>>
>>333547405
Fuck off, Locutus of Borg.
>>
File: Good shit.jpg (38 KB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
Good shit.jpg
38 KB, 640x275
>>333551496
Just like /pol/ think they can have an utopia if they combine all their ideas and ideal leaders for a perfect civilization
>>
>>333551496
Most people's ideal games wouldn't be profitable unless you gargle AAA semen all day.
>>
>>333551496
I could.
>>
File: Launch4.jpg (100 KB, 1134x634) Image search: [Google]
Launch4.jpg
100 KB, 1134x634
My game is a 3rd person shooter Online RPG. w/ grinding, tons of grinding and loots. We just have to spend 80% of our money on marketing because those dumbasses are gonna buy it anyway.
>>
>Investing in videogames
He's rich because he's not retarded.
>>
>>333551496
Sometimes I feel like any piece of utter shit could be made profitable with enough PR moneys.
>>
>>333551619
/pol/'s utopia is literally fascism
>>
>>333550034
>and another one is this elf girl who can only survive by drinking the bodily fluids of young girls.
Fund it.

Is this actually a thing?
>>
>>333547553
PAULIE PLS
>>
>>333552028
I don't think you can even have a utopia without fascism
>>
>>333552247
Neither has every fascist dictator who has turned a country into an utter shithole
>>
>>333551619
/pol s utopia is basically Russia.
>>
>>333551619
>creating a videogame is equivalent to governing a country.
>>
>>333552378
So, filled with snowniggers and enforcing nationalism on everybody?
>>
File: 1325579485041.png (2 KB, 131x151) Image search: [Google]
1325579485041.png
2 KB, 131x151
>>333551496
Wouldn't the more resources we spend on it make it harder to turn a profit?
>>
>>333547405
Remember Megaman? It's like that!
>>
competitive survival first person shooter with zombies, with microtransactions!
>>
>>333551496
I make game for one dollar
seel for two dollar
100% prfotit
>>
>>333547610
>Kevin
>based

He doesn't know shit about anything if you actually see what he's like outside of the show.
>>
>>333551496
/v/ isn't dumb you go small team, low resource and undersell the product then deliver big
Advertising is easy since its mostly word of mouth through the internet and people will shill the fuck out of your product with no money needed especially if you can piss off some sjws
>>
File: 1452619818363.gif (72 KB, 459x287) Image search: [Google]
1452619818363.gif
72 KB, 459x287
>>333547405
Turns-based game where you play as cute alien warrior creature who fights invaders who invaded his planet to mine all resources to create stronger weapons.
>>
File: aoe4and5.jpg (71 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
aoe4and5.jpg
71 KB, 799x599
>>333547405

Age of Empires 4...so....

We're going to cut down the number of races, but there's going to be bigger differences between them.

It's going to be a real time strategy game, but because it's about history, we're going to infuse the change into the user experience.

The player starts the game with people and a building, no minimap, no fog of war to keep paths revealed, no formations because the people aren't trained....nothing. These features are unlocked as you progress through the tech tree. The early tech trees give the player UI stuff and basic civilization techs like minimaps, fog of war, pinging, and stat tracking, the middle tech gives more advanced race-based benefits, and in the late game something special happens.

For this game we've developed the AI a bit futher, so as the late game continues, you get your own AI generals. These can be ordered to either build and manage towns in a specific location, or lead a military charge where they will pull back troops that are inefficient against troops and perhaps flank the enemy.

We're going to stage all this in a much bigger map - well, the map isn't big to start, but as the players advance toward the edge, the map will simply expand to accommodate. Automatic scouting will not expand the map, but if the player pushed a boundary directly, the map will generate extra space.

Oh and the best thing about this game is that it'll never be made, and this whole idea will be gone when this thread dies. Suck my balls.
>>
File: Untitled_1.png (295 KB, 592x954) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_1.png
295 KB, 592x954
>>333547405
Okay listen now.

A game where you only work on the base framework instead on the full game, that supports modding in every aspect. You monetize these mods so both author and you and me get money. But what framework is it? A 3rd person action rpg something like skyrim but people can create own animation ,models ,textures , dungeon ,landscapes ,npc , quests ,races and tons of cosmetics and outfits.

Now imagine MP with this. Something like warcraft3 or neverwinter n 1 module system. Where someone creates the story, survival quest , puzzle ,adventure , building or rpg or even RP focused with drop in drop out login system. And you play with randoms or with your friends.

Minimal work from our side ,only maintance, engine updates and quality control but community driven and build game. So everyone would play the game they want. Just look how sucesfull bethesda titles are and modders are fixing it for free,lets just give them something better. And +18 content allowed too but filtered with tags and you need to buy token to acess this club.
>>
File: kevin.jpg (29 KB, 961x600) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
29 KB, 961x600
>>333555640
Have you ever drank a glass of black rhinoceros blood? Of course not, I was just being colloquial to start this story with an anecdote. The first time I had a glass I was in South Africa, taking a celebratory drink in Johannesburg after completing a successful hunt. You see, in South Africa they don't hunt lion, or elephant. We hunted a more dangerous game: the kaffir, or black man. I finally had a 7 year old boy cornered in an Oingo Bongo merchandise warehouse when the thoughts passed through my mind: Should I pull the trigger? Can I ever come back to who I was before this moment? I pulled the trigger, made my first 100 million dollars. Mr. Anon, this is something you need to ask yourself: can I pull the trigger on this deal and make the right choice? 10% funding for 85% ownership and prima nocte rights to your daughters.
>>
A free-to-play FPS where your loadout is randomly generated with each life. The monetization scheme allows you to use weapons and equipment for more than one round in a row.
>>
>>333555640
that looks like BDO
>>
An automated version of 2nd-ed Warhammer 40k with good gramphics.
>>
>>333547405
>I need to know what your profit margins are first before I can make an investment.
>>
>>333551496
>profitable
>Unlimited resources
Are you retarded?
>>
>>333547405
It caters to all the demographics that buy video games and takes no chances.
>>
>>333557093
What is Ubisoft?
>>
>>333551446
Yeah... kind of. Even Cuban seems to be pretty cool sometimes. Honestly they'd all make good presidential candidates
>>
Kevin, I've got it. Out protagonist - a lean, feminine 16 year old boy who carries a big sword and doesn't take no for an answer. His comedic genius is matched only by his blood lust, as he possesses and alter ego that wants nothing more than to kill. If that's not enough, his sword isn't actually a sword at all - it's really a massive key to the Fields of Dragons, a mythical land where you greatest wishes can come true. But enough with the plot, because I know you're sold - let's get into the gritty details. It's an action role-playing game with an open world sandbox and an MMORPG inspired skill tree and leveling system. There will be small tasks to perform and larger scale quests to complete with tempting rewards waiting for our protagonist at the end of each one. Our character models are inspired by Japanese anime and follow typical archetypes with our heroine being a tsundere - you know, Kev, someone who is outwardly rude but really loves you deeply. The greatest part of this entire project is that it will run on the Playstation VR - greatness awaits.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.