[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game is most like Real Life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: real life.jpg (115 KB, 806x602) Image search: [Google]
real life.jpg
115 KB, 806x602
What game is most like Real Life?
>>
>>333540149
I wanna go back in time and show this guy GTA V
>>
Do you ever wonder if the people working on 64 ever modeled anything before? I'm leaning towards no because they look like crap.
>>
I would have to say almost every GTA game especially GTA V.
>>
>>333540252
Why? Do you really think people in the industry were so shortsighted that they couldn't see the technology ever evolving beyond Mario 64?
>>
>>333540312
Do you ever wonder if this poster played any games from that generation on release?
>>
>>333540149
Honestly? GTA V.
>>
>>333540149
Second Life
>>
Depression Quest.
>>
>>333540312
How old are you anon?

Like it or not even the now absolutely shitty looking beta of Mario 64 blew the fuck out of people back then.
>>
>>333540371
I was about 8 when Mario 64 came out. You have no fucking idea. To use back then, this was as good as it got.

I even remember playing Magic Carpet on the DOS computer my parents had and being amazed by the 3D graphics. When you have nothing beyond it to compare it to you were amazed. Remember that full colour graphics had only been around for about ten years or less at that time, so to see the jump to 3D was mind blowing.

These days we know (partly by being older, but partly by sheer saturation of information) that we can pretty much simulate photo realism with 3D graphics in film, and so it's only a matter of time, logically, until computers catch up in real time. Back then we didn't even make the connection between things like Jurassic Park and video game graphics, because they were two seperate mediums. But now everything is pretty linked up and the process for creating the assets is very similar.
>>
>>333540149
Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>333540149
Honestly, why do magazine screenshots always look so much better than games?
>>
>>333541409
because it filters out the pixels / low resolution and makes it look more like a photo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.