[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time be well received if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: ocarina of time.png (676 KB, 1277x673) Image search: [Google]
ocarina of time.png
676 KB, 1277x673
Would The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time be well received if it came out in 2016?

What would everyone say about it online?
>>
>unskippable cutscenes
>hyrule field is 2 empty
>have to import chinese console to get wr
>>
>>333539946
>no mute option for Navi
>shit camera
>minecraft tier graphics
>>
File: Squid meets NKR's wife.webm (2 MB, 624x396) Image search: [Google]
Squid meets NKR's wife.webm
2 MB, 624x396
Can one of you guys post this in /srg/? I'm banned. :/
>>
File: MM_Wizrobe(Intro).png (320 KB, 481x599) Image search: [Google]
MM_Wizrobe(Intro).png
320 KB, 481x599
>>333539946
>recycles the exact same mini-boss 6 times
>>
>>333541172
Wizzrobes arent even in OoT though?
>>
If it didn't come out on N64 in the first place, and cause more advanced games like it to be made, so it was an entirely new thing then, maybe.
>>
>>333539946
I think if it were released on the 3DS as a portable title then it would be pretty good.
>>
>>333541559
Why aren't more games made in the same style of Zelda and the gamecube era where there is a decent size world with villages and dungeons to go to?

Or am I oblivious to it?
>>
>>333539946
They would say it's not as good as whatever Zelda game they played as their first Zelda instead
>>
>>333542142
So alttp would be considered the GOAT zelda? Assuming MM would still come out afterwards it would be better if they didnt rush it
>>
File: 1439908163327.jpg (52 KB, 853x469) Image search: [Google]
1439908163327.jpg
52 KB, 853x469
>>333541875
Because nobody could fucking compete with 2D or 3D Zelda. Everybody was shitting out Zelda-likes in the wake of LttP and OoT from the SNES to the 6th gen era, and none of them were sticking like Zelda.

Then when they were realizing this, GTA3 and Morrowind came out, and people ditched Zelda-esque action-adventure titles for giant-ass sandboxes and open worlds.

Zelda's long term influence was how much Ocarina of Time designed how to function in 3D when everybody was crashing and burning. They didn't need to make everything like Zelda, just take the lessons from it.

And that's why Ubisoft makes the same game four times a year.
>>
>>333542369
The shift to sandbox oriented games has been my least favorite part of the gaming industry right now. I love the classic games with dungeons and bosses at the end and you work your way towards the final boss.
>>
>>333540719
sent ;)
>>
>>333542770
It's easier to give the illusion of content through a game padded with 40 hours of scouring the area for feather pickups or shooting pigeons or whatever, plus travel time since where you start missions are going to be on the other side of the map from where the meat of the objectives actually are, rather than just designing a 40 hour game where everything you do is meaningful.
>>
>>333544151
:o
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.