[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate this game whats wrong with it. was it the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: ds2-1418310781.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds2-1418310781.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Why do you guys hate this game whats wrong with it. was it the soul memory, story, items.. etc ?
>>
File: dj_eng.jpg (69 KB, 723x258) Image search: [Google]
dj_eng.jpg
69 KB, 723x258
>hating a Souls game

nah

pic unrelated
>>
>>333534004
>soul memory
>adaptability
>a lot of janky as fuck hitboxes, more than other souls games.
>slow combat, still not as bad as ds1.
>>
>>333534004
lifegems and instant lord vessel

if you complain about anything else then you're a bandwagoning idiot who cannot think for himself
>>
>>333534004
I did like it, but it had a bunch of shortcomings in important areas. It gets shit on way harder than it deserves, I think people were overly critical of it after being jaded by the graphics downgrade.

The bosses are not as good
The level design, for most areas, is not as good.
Pretty much ripping the lighting engine out made it look really bad.

Those are the crticisms that really matter.

There were also several suspect game design decisions like Life Gems, Adaptability, Soul Memory, the fucking windmill, etc.

I couldn't give less of a shit of all the nitpick stuff people do like the impossible geometry.

The DLC is a step above anything in DaS1 though.
>>
>>333534869
dirkjan should be posted more often here
a lot of the comics don't even have text so it'd be easy
>>
i love it to pieces, more so than any other and soul memory still pisses me off
>>
>>333534004
soul memory
ambush after ambush the entire fucking game
iframes are a stat
bosses are shit
most enemies are shit
can be attacked while entering fog
new weapon durability
no whole orbs for invading

>>333535493
dlc was shit too
like 3 decent bosses out of 3 dlcs?
>>
>>333534998
>soul memory
WAA WAA i cant invade level 1's anymore with my op weapons and equipment ;_;

>adaptability
>a lot of janky as fuck hitboxes, more than other souls games
level your adaptability retard

>slow combat
level your adaptability retard
>>
>>333534004
>roll
>don't get hit
>don't get staggered
>lose health
>>
>>333535728
>like 3 decent bosses out of 3 dlcs?
OIK
Alonne
Aava
Elana
Sinh

Pretty much all of them were good except for the challenge area bosses (Blue Smelter, gank squad, LMAO 2CAT).
>>
File: 1459370498574.jpg (93 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
1459370498574.jpg
93 KB, 585x675
>>333534004

>Boring areas
>rat themed covenant
>2 rat bosses
>why.jpg
>No soul put into it
>Torch system that has no use
It wasn't that bad desu. It just didn't have the same feeling of mystery and wonder like Souls 1. It felt like a different game. Kinda like the RE4 of the series.
>>
>>333536237
Oh and Fume, the best one.
>>
I just didn't like the world, atmosphere, story or level design as much. Also, replaying dark souls 1 again, I realized that dark souls 2 is extremely easy in comparison.
>>
File: a7TPHSG_eng.jpg (466 KB, 2193x823) Image search: [Google]
a7TPHSG_eng.jpg
466 KB, 2193x823
>>333535578
good idea
>>
>>333535757
Soul memory is shit though. I would much rather deal with a couple jack offs with Chaos Falchions than a million Havel monsters in actual PvP.

Hit boxes are fine though.
>>
>>333536961
>a million Havel monsters in actual PvP
This never happens. It's an imaginary scenario made up by people who want to complain about Soul Memory without having a legitimate reason.
>>
>>333535757
>WAA WAA i cant invade level 1's anymore with my op weapons and equipment ;_;
Yes, which is good, but Soul Memory was not the best solution to this. You killed twinking but you also punished people for doing getting any souls whatsoever, because they would eventually be pushed out of the most active SM tiers. It especially doesn't help that CREO cost 5k souls a pop (and there's no REO), you get souls for killing a host (and a bunch of souls for helping a host), upgrading weapons costs souls, etc...

From even admitted it was a mistake by releasing the Agape ring. How DaS3 does it with the weapons thing is much better.
>>
>>333537542
>because they would eventually be pushed out of the most active SM tiers
Oh, and their preferred SM tier.

Do you enjoy helping people at X portion of the game? Well fuck you.
>>
>>333537542
How does it work now? I heard armor isn't upgradable either.
>>
>>333537805
no soul memory, checks for weapon upgrades
>>
>>333537805
If you have a +X weapon you can't invade someone who only has a +[ <X] weapon.

I don't know anything beyond that. Like if you craft a weapon then destroy/bank it are you still in that weapon's "tier"?
>>
>>333537542
>they would eventually be pushed out of the most active SM tiers
The most active tier was the highest one, which lumped everyone with 2M souls or higher together. Considering you could get that much by the end of a single playthrough, things worked out much better than DaS1 where you had to choose between twinking and fight clubs, with very little chance for action in between. DaS3's solution sounds like it will be alright, as long as it doesn't separate people as badly as 1 did.
>>
>>333536890
was it mocca?
>>
>>333538074
>The most active tier was the highest one, which lumped everyone with 2M souls or higher together
Uh no?

http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/online-matchmaking
>>
people who cry about twinks are fucking pathetic.

>baaaawww for the first 2 hours of the game mean people kill me
>>
>>333538457
It wasn't that way prior to SotFS. I don't see why they would change it, considering the best thing about Soul Memory was the fact that it brought everyone together and prevented cliques.
>>
>>333538881
It also allowed lvl500 dudes to invade you no matter what level you were. It was just a dumb system.
>>
Its really unfortionate that they couldnt get the lighting engine to work properly.

I think even if it had just that people would have liked ds2 ALOT more
>>
I liked it as much as DaS.
I guess I'm retarded or something.
Bloodborne is better than both.
>>
>>333539015
If you had even one set of upgraded gear then you could hold your own, regardless of level. It wasn't perfect, but it beat DaS1 by a mile. Here's hoping DaS3 is the best yet.
>>
>>333539116
that still doesnt fix the other problems the game had.

For me, first thing I noticed about DkS2 was how shitty, unmemorable, easy, and uninspired the bosses were.

Other than that I got so sick of the lazy enemy design I ended up just running past everything to not spend forever trying to fight mobs of enemies that arent possible to aggro one at a time.

SoftS fixed a lot of shit thankfully (I love what they did with the ancient dragon area or whatever with the honorable knights that only aggro you if you try to run past shit) by fixing enemy placement to be way better but it still didnt match dark souls 1 and a lot of the enemies were still poorly designed (way too much tracking on attacks and enemies with infinite stamina) so it was just too little too late.

The DLCs were actually excellent in level design and had some of the best bosses in the series but since the bosses now were actually difficult it showed off a lot of issues with the games combat. Fighting Sinh and the kings pet were both incredibly frustrating because of the lack of i frames on rolling and the slow rolls of dks2 made it seem like id take damage at random rolling through claw swipes, and nerfed shielding prevented me from shielding effectively until i got a ring of cloranthy +2.

basically dks2 just had a bunch of little shit that all added up to make it feel a lot worse.
>>
>>333534004
It wasn't enough like Dark Souls 1 so the crying PC retards bitched about it.
>>
its fun playing with a torch
>>
Just picking up controller and playing, your character feels like liquid, like there's no weight to him. Then there's so much out of place, rushed levels that is explained in the developer's interview.

I really liked Shrine of amala and the Mirror Knight boss though, other than that I didn't have much fun.
>>
>>333534004
Its mostly miyazaki pve nutthuggers that hate DS2.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.