[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AI can beat the most difficult game ever And what makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: AlphaGo.jpg (113 KB, 1390x900) Image search: [Google]
AlphaGo.jpg
113 KB, 1390x900
>AI can beat the most difficult game ever

And what makes you think that you're worth shit as a human? People's time on the earth is nearly over. We'll just exist as playthings for the machines soon.
>>
I want to be a machines cute pet
>>
>>333533531
It wouldn't give you sex anon, I hope you understand that.
>>
>>333533670
Are you genuinely retarded?
>>
>>333533820
Are you? You seem to think that being a slave to a computer would be a good thing.

You've got to remember they will have no feelings. They won't care about us.
>>
File: 1145.jpg (141 KB, 1145x687) Image search: [Google]
1145.jpg
141 KB, 1145x687
>>333533394
It can do more than that.
>>
>>333533918
>They won't care about us.
Not if the fuckers want maintenace, new bodies and fucking faggots mining for resources.
>>
>>333534075
What does the dick man have to do with it?
>>
>>333534138
>>333533918
>>333533820
>>333533670
I'm fine with just [Spoiler]head pats[/Spoiler]
>>
>>333534075
That shit is incredible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuygOYZ1Ngo
>>
>>333534138
>maintenace
>new bodies
>mining for resources.
If machined were advanced enough, they could easily do that without needing human assistance.

Video Games
>>
>>333534904
I wonder if computers would play videogames.

No reason why not I suppose.
>>
>>333535018
If they had the capacity to feel boredom or excitement, then sure, why not?
>>
>>333535282
Makes me wonder if the concept of boredom is something we would need to inject into AI, along with the commonly accepted things like guilt/morality etc.
>>
>>333535018
Look up NeuroEvolution of Augmenting Topologies. It's literally what you described, it's pretty neat.

People haven't really built anything complicated to the level of the alphaGo but utilizing NEAT people have for example taught the program how to complete quite a few number of Super Mario World levels.
>>
>>333535694
I thought the idea was that they didn't teach the program at all really, and that it learned on its own.

What is it that is so different about AlphaGo anyway? I understand that Go is a different sort of game to understand, but isn't it just creating neural pathways in a similar way to any other learning AI?

I find AI incredibly fascinating.
>>
>>333535932
>I thought the idea was they didn't teach the program at all, it learned on it's own.
Correct, it essentially just tries out shit and sees what works. I just worded it weirdly, I mean someone had to program a goal (reach the end of the level), a failstate (not being able to move for X seconds), and a way to track progress (fitness [how far mario has moved right]).

Then you just let it go, it tries out random shit and sees which has produced the most fitness and it takes the ones that got the farthest and try to do slight modifications based on what works and start a new generation and so on and so on until it beats the level. The beauty of it is it's simplification and the fact that it can use it's knowledge in future levels and get decently far in blind attempts (avoid enemies, jump over walls and holes).

>How is AlphaGo different
I haven't read the article on AlphaGo yet but feel free to read it yourself.
http://willamette.edu/~levenick/cs448/goNature.pdf
>>
File: giphy_s.gif (92 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy_s.gif
92 KB, 480x270
>>333534075
Ok, so you can turn a canvas into a beautiful masterpiece.
But can you write a symphony?
>>
>>333534660
There is nothing special about this artist, You see far more detailed and realistic artwork today even with shitty photoshop users.

This is just a bunch of dumb people who don't actually understand that artwork is far more then what they understand.
>>
>>333536736
>feel free to read it yourself.

Jesus christ there's not enough autism in the world for this.

>>333536880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzrcoqpnZqA
>>
>>333536987
>then
>>
>>333537239
>HA you made a grammatical error
>nothing you say can ever be true

2+2=5
>>
>>333537061
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzrcoqpnZqA

That is kind of terrifying for some reason. Sounds like a horror movie score. Or something made by a schizo.
>>
>>333534190
it gives your woman the /D. she doesn't need you anymore.
>>
>>333536987
>who needs realism when we have photography meme
>>
>>333535932
The main thing they did is create 2 AIs that talk to each other to learn. I only know the very basics of AI stuff but apparently this was a novel approach.
>>
>>333537753
>Photography
>Photoshop is now photography
Just stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Q8kOnO8p0
>>
>>333537818
Yeah, I remember hearing somewhere that the way it practiced came down to just playing many, many games against itself.
>>
File: 6383709.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
6383709.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
The women will be replaced with artificial wombs.

The top 10 percent of men will be kept to breed in the new humans with hourly semen extractions with Robin women and teens of various flavors and preferences the male chooses.
>>
>>333539535
>Robin

Meant robot
>>
>he doesn't want to have his hole abused over and over by footlong robot dicks

This place is so full of normies these days, christ
>>
>>333537919
>Tracing a photograph is impressive

wow
>>
>>333541008
>I have no clue what I'm talking about
>>
Anyone here plays go? i was 1kyu like a year ago, i'm prob 2-3 kyu now
>>
>>333541401
>Playing games
>>
The hardest game ever is probably some obscure Japanese schmup, and schmups are probably an incredibly easy genre for AIs generally speaking as it's just pathfinding.

So yes, I believe this.
>>
>>333542036
>Hardest game for AI is the easiest game for AI
There's a contradiction here. Also yeah it'd do relatively fine in shmup as long as it takes all bullets on the screen into consideration and not put himself into an unblockable situation.
>>
>>333542325

desu chess is more difficult than Go for humans, difficulty to humans isn't related to difficulty to computers
>>
>>333542425
I didn't say it was, I'm implying it's not the hardest game for AI because you directly state afterwards that it's an easy genre for AI.
>>
>>333542558
You need to learn some reading comprehension, bub.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.