[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demon's Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (558 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
558 KB, 2560x1600
Just beat this gem, can we have a thread about it?
>that music
>that atmosphere
>that level design
Probably better than dark souls desu
Your thoughts /v/?
>>
>>333532959
yea better than dark souls 1 but 2 is the best :^)
>>
>>333532959
>probably
Definitely
>>
It's GOAT.
>>
>>333533031
low quality b8
>>
File: blooborne doll 678765678.jpg (79 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
blooborne doll 678765678.jpg
79 KB, 1024x576
Das1>BB>Des>>>>>>>>>>Das2
>>
>>333533682

DeS>BB>DaS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2

Thread theme: https://youtu.be/QFjotdhdBLM
>>
>>333532959
I like it the most but I'm aware it's probably because of nostalgia and that sense of discovery we had here when it first came out in Japan and people imported the asian version to play and uncover this weird fucking game.
I realize that Dark Souls is probably a better game as a whole but it doesn't have the same nostalgia to me.

DeS = DaS > BB = DaS2
>>
>>333534756
>i never played BB - the post
still sour grapes huh?
>>
>>333534946
You're jumping to conclusions there buddy.
BB and DaS2 are both great games and I never claimed anything else.
>>
>>333534003
good taste, DeS is goat
>>
>>333535139
if you would have said SotfS then maybe but you ve said DaS2 so no. Its just decent/good. Doesn't even come close to BB.
>>
SWEATY FEET AHEAD
>>
>>333535410
Well yeah I meant SotFS when I said DaS2 since it's the latest version of the game. Sorry I wasn't being clear enough.
>>
>>333535649
No problemo. I think they should almost be considered two different games, vanilla Das2 wasn't as bad as /v/ claims it but still kinda disappointing when everyone had super high expectations.
>>
>that oppressive atmosphere
>haunting voice acting
>sickening music
>boss variety all with different strategies
>that feeling that stays with you after the evil ending

There's no game I want remade more than this one just so we can have that cut area. I want more DeS.
>>
File: image.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215 KB, 620x525
objectively the right order

BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2
>>
File: garl.png (20 KB, 477x1313) Image search: [Google]
garl.png
20 KB, 477x1313
dumping a few comics

this game was glorious, best /v/ threads too.
>>
>>333533031
2 is literally the best memelord
>>
File: anotherone.png (39 KB, 477x2802) Image search: [Google]
anotherone.png
39 KB, 477x2802
>>333536171
plus, these guys
>>
>>333536917
Souls community before DS1 was pretty god-tier
>>
File: 1458079467797.gif (458 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458079467797.gif
458 KB, 250x250
>there'll never be a Demon's Souls 2 with larger hand crafted worlds, harder puzzle bosses, and better drop rates
>>
File: purefuckingmanlystone.png (41 KB, 477x3406) Image search: [Google]
purefuckingmanlystone.png
41 KB, 477x3406
>>333537174
Right? None of this PC console bullshit, just invading new guys in 2-1 with acid cloud and soul suck
>>
File: straightthrough.png (38 KB, 870x2146) Image search: [Google]
straightthrough.png
38 KB, 870x2146
>>333537334
>there won't even be a remade des on ps4 with the broken archstone as additional content
>>
Objective list coming through.

Level Design.
>DaS 1st half > BB > DeS > SotFS > DaS 2nd half.

World Interconnection.
>DaS >>>>> BB >>>>> DkS2.

Boss Design.
>BB >>>>> DaS = DeS > DkS2.

Enemy Design.
>BB >>>>> DaS = DeS = DkS2.

Movesets.
>BB >>>>> DeS > DkS2 >>>>> DkS.

Combat.
>BB > DeS > DkS > DkS2.

Online Connectivity.
>DeS = DkS >>>>> DkS2 >BB.

PvP.
>DeS >>>>> the rest.

Replay.
>DkS2 >>>>> the rest.

NPCs.
>DkS > DeS > BB >>>>> DkS2.

Plot.
>BB >>>>> DkS > DeS > DkS2.

Atmosphere.
>BB > DkS = DeS >>>>> DkS2.

Music.
>All pretty good.
>>
>>333538871
Are you sure DeS deserves to be that high in movesets? They were good but there was very little. Weapons of the same type were 90% the same moveset. There wasn't much of a reason to switch weapons besides looks.
>>
>>333538871
I'd move des up in npcs and and above dks in plot. They're basically the same story, but des was just better paced and a little more fleshed out, not... go kill the dragon god for some reason to get to allant
>>
>>333538871
>Music
>>All pretty good.

no, fuck you I'm not letting this shit slip past

I can't speak for BB or DaS2 but DeS blows DaS out of the water. DeS is all around excellent. The soundtrack was unique and varied, every song was uniquely attachable to the boss it was played for, and most had a thematic connection with where it was played.

But then DaS came out and shat upon the previous score by making everything generic orchestral fanfare, completely monotonous, overlapping with one and other, indistinguishable from the next. Granted there are exceptions, I feel Gwyn's theme as a standalone piece is above anything in even DeS, and it fits incredibly well with it's simple but melancholic tone with the boss area where you fight Gwyn and where in the story it lies, it's fuggin perfect to say the least. It's also one rare for the DaS soundtrack in that it's one of the few piano pieces, and even rarer in that it's a one-instrument piece. But when you take any other piece from the DaS, it's a challenge to say where it even plays, let alone remember the melody of it. They were very obviously going for "epic" but forgot the music part.

It's not like the DaS OST is unlistenable, it serves it's purpose while enough, it doesn't detract from anything, but what seperates it from the DeS OST is that neither does it ADD anything to the experience (beyond the masterpiece that is Gwyn's theme, but enough dick riding that)
>>
File: rin fate re 56789.jpg (16 KB, 332x274) Image search: [Google]
rin fate re 56789.jpg
16 KB, 332x274
>>333538871
>Des
>best pvp
>>
>>333538871
>PvP.
>DeS >>>>> the rest.
Really? You mean the grass chugging contest?

>Movesets.
>BB >>>>> DeS > DkS2 >>>>> DkS.
Dark Souls is literally an objective improvement over DeS.

Kill yourself my man.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.