[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I buy a game with both Steam wallet funds, and another payment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Steam.png (74 KB, 1280x1302) Image search: [Google]
Steam.png
74 KB, 1280x1302
If I buy a game with both Steam wallet funds, and another payment method (like ideal), what happens if I refund it? Can I get the amount I paid via the other payment method back to that payment method, or will it all be refunded to my Steam wallet?

I realize that what I paid with Steam wallet funds will always be refunded to my Steam wallet. It's about the part that I didn't pay with my Steam wallet.
>>
>>333514963
You get your money back in the way you paid
>>
>>333514963
Why are you posting here and not asking Steam Support? Also what >>333515281 said.

I'm assuming iDEAL is like PayPal, in which case I'm pretty sure the money is refunded to that account, if they can't process that then it's put into your Steam Wallet.
>>
>>333514963
You then your money back in your steam wallet.
>>
>>333515281
>>333515557
Okay, thanks.
>>333515557
>Why are you posting here and not asking Steam Support?
Because they take weeks to respond. And yeah, solely ideal refunding works.
>>
>>333515557
cause steam support is shit
>>
>>333515726
>>333515727
Fair point, I just think an answer straight from the horses mouth is better than from /v/. Also I have a feeling this question may be in some FAQ, seems pretty common.
>>
>>333515953
I checked their faq multiple times, but I didn't find anything specifically about this.
And sure, /v/ is less reliable, but I just wanted a ballpark really.
>>
>>333516072
Go here http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

In the third paragraph about the policy is a link to check if your payment methods are refundable based on your country.
>>
>>333515726

>they take weeks to respond
Or you could fucking search for the refund policy?
>Some payment methods available through Steam do not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. For these purchases, refunds can only be issued to the user's Steam Wallet.
>>
>>333516421
>>333516458
I know that ideal works, I already checked that. I specifically asked about a combination of ideal and Steam wallet, and if it splits the refund like I split payment.
It's in the OP man.
>>
File: tlink.png (54 KB, 360x289) Image search: [Google]
tlink.png
54 KB, 360x289
>>333514963
Next time ask /r/pcmasterrace on reddit. It's a cancerous community and website, but those nerds like answering questions really quickly.
>>
>>333516592
Then go ask Steam Support ;v)
fwiw, I would assume the refund would be split. But that's based on whether Valve works on common sense.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.