[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does MGSV have as much technology as its predecessors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
So does MGSV have as much technology as its predecessors?
>>
>>333512960
No
>>
>>333513041
Yes
>>
>those ice cubes, lcd tv, and bags of flour in mgs2
fucking
TECHNOLOGYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>333512960
Maybe
>>
>>333512960

Maybe.
>>
In a way yes, in other ways no.
>>
>>333513213
Examples?
>>
>>333512960

I don't know.
>>
>>333513183
I didn't find any of those and I'm ashamed.
>>
>shoot a water barrel
>water starts coming out
>wait for it to run out
>shoot higher on the water barrel
>water starts coming out
>>
>>333513298
that's because mgs2 is fucking based and requires multiple playthroughs to appreciate
>>
>>333513245
Well in mgs2 you could shoot out radios for example, but you couldn't call in a change of weather to make infiltration easier. These are just 2 examples. There are probably hundreds more.
>>
IT JUST NEED MORE TIME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DIDN'T EVEN MATTER
>>
>>333512960
Depends on what aspects you're talking about.

It doesn't seem to have anything like the ice cubes in 2, and your ability to effect the troops in the field seems even more limited in 5 than you had in 3.
>>
>no foot prints
>hardly any weather affects other than washing blood off yourself
>enemy AI is shittier

hardly any tech honestly
>>
>>333513423
>call in a change of weather to make infiltration easier
that's not TECHNOLOGY!, that's casualism
>>
>>333513423
thats not TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>333513041
>>333513153
>/v/
>>
>>333513565
Ok, playing goat noises on your cassette player to shoo enemies away, or paz singing to get the motherbase soldiers back. That a better example?
>>
No love was put into MGSV
>>
>box tech (sliding, camouflage, decoys, etc.)
>getting blinded by search-lights
>some soldiers attacking out of hold-ups
>enemies adapt to your tactics
>destroy base-to-base communications to prevent back-up from being called
>back-up depends entirely on how many people are even available
>will go into alert at the slightest thing in later areas

There's probably more, but that's all I could think of. I think MGSV was missing some of the TECHNOLOGY that the other games had, but the gameplay was pretty fun.
>>
>>333512960
No. In say MGS2 and 3, nearly every area in each game has some kind of small TECHNOLOGY moment. Because the games are actually pretty small, they needed to pack each area with tons of stuff to make the most out of it, including replays.

MGSV has very little TECHNOLOGY. It has a lot to do with the massive open world. I mean thing of like the oil plant in Afrika, there should have been tons of funny little things you could do, but there isn't anything. And every area is like that.

That's not to say there isn't anything, but there's little, and it's scarcely spread across the massive maps. Like using the electric polls in water, or rain, or the electric robot hand in the rain.
>>
>>333513693
kinda

But the fact is that>>333513714
>>
>MGS2 enemies have working three-point slings
>MGSV has an invisible sling for Snake's weapon
>MGS2 enemies need to call in alerts with a radio
>MGSV enemies are psychic

MGSV is anti-technology
>>
MGSV doesn't have too unnecessary TECHNOLOGY like MGS2. All of the gameplay is one big TECHNOLOGY achievement.
>>
>>333513854
>enemies adapt to your tactics
I'm not really sure about that. I bet they get helmets and heavy armor no matter what you do

> but the gameplay was pretty fun
It was indeed. Has to be, if I spend 90 hours playing a game with literally no plot
>>
>>333512960
You get zapped by power lines
>>
>you can explode guard towers
>you can call in helicopters to drop crates on people
>you can call in helicopters to drop cars on people
>you can hook C4 up to a car, drive that car at max speed, jump out of it at the last second as it approaches the enemy base, and then activate the C4 so the car explodes, causing an even more massive explosion
>>
>horse poo
>taking out comms to stop radios
>box sliding/box decoys
>bionic arm variations
>cassette actions
>camouflage index with different clothes
>stick ups
>probably shit ton more i forget because I can't bring myself to suffer this game anymore

There's a lot of technology, it's just that when it's spread over 70 hours it doesn't seem as dense
>>
>>333513714
There really isn't any. The whole game was as generic and streamlined as it could get.
>>
>>333514050
who needs slings when you can just carry stuff on your back like halo
>>
>>333514125
>I'm not really sure about that.
That's actually a proven thing in MGSV though. Enemies really do adapt as the game goes along. After killing enough enemies or completing enough missions, the enemies will start using more helicopters or using mortars on your location.
>>
Ride resources back to motherbase
>>
>>333514125
>I'm not really sure about that. I bet they get helmets and heavy armor no matter what you do

Naw, they never had gasmasks for me because I never used gas.
>>
>>333514348
>cassette actions
huh?

>>333513551
>hardly any weather effects

Rain causes your footsteps to not be heard, you can get sick / start sneezing from being out in the rain too long, visibility is lowered, fire goes out -- campfires and lanterns need to be relit, so enemies will change their course to go to the nearest campfire and light it
>>
>>333513551
You do leave footprints in the sand in MGSV. Just nobody follows them. Even then the only game I remember doing anything like that in the series is 1 and only in that very beginning spot.

>hardly any weather affects other than washing blood off yourself
Not even sure what you're trying to say here because the other games didn't even have dynamic weather.

>enemy AI is shittier
It depends, just like every game with AI in an open world. You could say the earlier games had better AI but it seems that way because the games were in enclosed levels and the AI was heavily scripted.

>>333514050
>MGS2 enemies have working three-point slings
Do you have any images of this?

Also enemies shouting in the small camps does alert all the enemies in the camps but outside the camps they do need to radio. I had some silly side effect of this outside the mansion where everyone in the mansion was on alert and shooting and stuff but the camp right by the mansion was just calmly sitting there because I had destroyed the communication satellite.
>>
>>333513854

TECHNOLOGY is when they program something down to the smallest of details, even though most people would never notice. Face it, MGSV has NO technology.
>>
File: AI of the century.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
AI of the century.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>333513854
>Box tech
>Enemies adapting to your tactics
>Will go into alert at the slightest thing
>>
>>333514540
>>333514447
I don't know, I did half of the game with zzgun and cqc but every motherfucker ended wearing heavy armor, so I though the game would think that by that point I would have killed some guards and it would be justified.
>>
>>333514629
Rain also causes drifting around in jeeps to be even more rad than it already is
>>
>>333514629
If you play those cassettes out loud they do things.
>>
>>333514738
Sorry, but I doubt most /v/irgins here went about the missions in interesting ways, like putting knocked out enemies in dumpsters or port-a-potties.

I doubt any /v/irgin here even realized you could fill a dumpster full of bodies and fulton it.
>>
>>333514738
this. I'm sorry, guys, this is not a MGS, just a well designed game.
>>
>>333514324
I did that last one all the time back in Battlefield 2
>>
>>333514775
Someone post the webm of that one MGS3 video where the guy just walks around enemies and screws with them with them not doing anything.
>>
>>333514906
give some examples please
>>
So whatever happened to the nuclear disarmament? Everyone give that up or?
>>
>>333514947
"""""""well designed""""""
>>
>>333514921
>interesting ways, like putting knocked out enemies in dumpsters or port-a-potties.
like in every other MGS game since 2?
>>
>>333514921
>fill a dumpster full of bodies and fulton it
holy shit you can do that? I thought you could only fit 1 or 2 bodies in a dumpster
>>
>>333515020
Paz singing brings the wandering mb soldiers right to you. The diarrhea man makes enemies think you are taking a dump. The goat sounds make them think you are a goat. There's more too I think
>>
>>333514775
Yeah, even by MGS standards, the AI was abysmally stupid.
>>
whats the benefit of developing a nuke in MGSV?
>>
>>333515020
There's a bea growl, a bird call, a horse neigh, Paz humming, a song and a Russian or Afrikaaner soldier shouting "all clear" or "enemy neutralized".

I honestly ever used the all clear once, seemed to make the guy fuck off.
>>
>>333515247
I think people need to be a higher level to invade you
>>
>>333515247
nothing really
>>
>>333515247
Being already a demon and going nuclear
>>
>>333515247
You can't be invaded unless the other player is a hero (250k heroism points iirc)
>>
>>333514738
I thought the knocked out soldiers drowning in puddles was really cool, also how when in a port a potty and hiding from guards you can play a shitting tape over the speakers to make them leave you alone.
>>
>>333515415
what if i just dont connect to online?
>>
>>333515528
Then you can't make nukes/they don't do anything except take a bunch of heroism from you
>>
>>333515485
>knocked out soldiers drowning in puddles
I tried to do this but they always land on their back and the water is too low
>>
>>333515528

The game will generate them anyway.
>>
>>333514738
>TECHNOLOGY is when they program something down to the smallest of details, even though most people would never notice. Face it, MGSV has NO technology.

That's bullshit.

Guards will drown if lying knocked out in water.
You can shoot powerlines to cause a blackout.
Guards that are knocked out on top of beds won't be noticed by other guards.
Guards that see a cardboard box running around will call to CP and will be told to stop joking around.
Snake shields his head slightly when he crawls into tall grass.
Cardboard boxes start breaking in rain
You can play the diarrhea tape when inside toilets and guards will ignore you.
Playing the "enemy eliminated" tape will cause an alert to stop.
If you get attacked by a wild dog or wolf when you have D-dog with you, D-dog will come to your rescue.

There is so much more that I've forgot too.
>>
File: 1459065978116.jpg (242 KB, 540x610) Image search: [Google]
1459065978116.jpg
242 KB, 540x610
>>333514980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds
probably this, it's always what people think of
>>
Is it true that patrolling soldiers will try to steal the horse?
>>
>>333512960
The whole TECHNOLOGY thing is an outdated meme.
A lot of the things /v/ claims are TECHNOLOGY are completely inconsequential, while actual technology barely gets recognized.
>>
If you mess with ocelot different ways he responds differently.

Helicopter reflection at night.
>>
Code talker and Eli will fuck with you and sit on top of motherbase, and be gone when you go look for them.
>>
>>333516169
that's the fucking point, idiot. Rain ruining your cardbox is technology, bullets damaging every bottle in the shelves individually is TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>333516360
>shoot at code talker from chopper
>nothing happens
TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>333515247
There are no benefits. Nukes only do harm.

They say there's a heroism requirement, but literally anyone will have the level of heroism if they get to mission 21 when you get FOBs, so there's literally zero benefit for making a nuke.
>>
>>333515247
You'll get to defend your base a lot. Good way to rack up those medals by killing the intruder.
>>
Better camo when carrying enemies
>>
>>333515606
Try throwing them and then walking up to them and waking them up and holding them up, makes them go on their belly. From there just kick them again to knock them out.
>>
Being able to hide in trucks or tanks and just drive around in enemy camps is pretty cool.
>>
>>333516169
TECHNOLOGY (ALL CAPS) refer to attention to miniscule details dude. We are not talking about technical technology of the game itself
>>
>>333514819
They ended up wearing heavy armor because tranq guns can't pierce it and you most likely didn't get all headshots for it
>>
>>333517527
Just leave the newfags to their newfagginess
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.