[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Ocarina of Time has what a lot of people consider the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: oot_water_temple.jpg (45 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
oot_water_temple.jpg
45 KB, 530x318
If Ocarina of Time has what a lot of people consider the worst dungeon (or one of the worst), can it still be the best game or even the best Zelda game ever?
>>
>>333512560
Water Temple is a meme, it's actually not all that bad. It's not hard at all.
>>
>>333512835
I agree

it's a temple for fishmen, it has to be that way
>>
>>33351256
It's not even that fucking hard. Just a bit tedious since you have to keep pausing to equip your iron boots, but the 3D remake fixed this.
>>
>>333512835
That doesn't mean it isn't tedious.
>>
>>333512560
The only reason its consider bad is because the constant pausing and switching to equip iron boots, and that one fucking key that you forget exist.
>>
People saying the water temple was hard are just a bunch of bandwagoning faggots.
>>
>>333512972
It's not even tedious.
>>
The Water Temple was only tedious in the N64 version because you had to go in and out of menus every time you wanted to equip and unequip the Iron Boots. The 3DS version fixed that by letting you assign the Iron Boots to a button on the touch screen.
>>
I kind of like the water temple. The music is smoothing, the visuals are some of the prettiest in the game, and the challenge isn't THAT terrible (and 3DS version fixed a lot of the issues it had).
>>
>>333513102
But we're considering the game in its original form, not remakes.
>>333513097
But it is tedious, whether you want to compare it to other temples in that game or other games. And unlike in Twilight Princess, the hookshot extension is pretty lame by comparison.
>>
>>333512560

Just a meme. Nobody gave a shit until "lol nerd"-culture.
>>
I don't understand the water temple meme. I never had any trouble with it.
>>
>>333513261

So it's tedious, big deal. The compliants from normies about the Water Temple are overblown. It's not hard and it's not impossible to lock yourself out or some stupid bullshit like that.
>>
>>333513356
> normies
This isn't /r9k/, faggot.
Tedious makes it less fun. Games are supposed to be fun. Therefore, tedium in games isn't good generally.
>>
>>333512835
This.

Water temple in TP is way worse. In terms of tedium, Skyward Sword takes the cake with collecting the stupid fucking notes in the drowned area.
>>
>>333513549

A tedious dungeon is hardly worthy of the moniker of one of the most hated dungeons of all time, faggot. That's the point.
>>
Strangely enough, I breezed through the water temple when I was a kid but had a hard time in the forest and fire ones.
>>
>>333513671
Tedious, unfun item in the dungeon, unfun mechanic, unfun mechanic that gets recycled for more shit dungeons, unfun dungeon boss, bad layout, and Ruto. Terrible dungeon.
>>
>>333513841
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>333514092
I would have just brushed this off as just some retard that had a bad time with the water temple when he was younger, but that last comment let me know you're just a shitposter
>>
Water Temple in MM was worse, and had a phenomenally terrible boss. Water Temple in TP was also worse, and by far the worst dungeon in that game (which is saying something, since it had some of the best dungeon design in the series). Even so, none of them are objectively bad. They just happen to be the low points of their respective games. The Zelda team just cannot into water dungeons.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.