[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7th most popular game played on steam still, is it a buy???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 51651.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
51651.png
3 MB, 1600x900
7th most popular game played on steam still, is it a buy???
>>
Ask after Tuesday.
>>
File: 1356708439995.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1356708439995.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>>333501494
>is it a buy???
No, it's a game
>>
>>333501551

So then it will be 8th? Theres still tons of people playing it, DS3 is nothing but hype.
>>
>still

Yeah mean after one day it's STILL super popular?

Wow, what a long shelflife.
>>
>>333501494
no unless you love autistic loot grinding where all the loot looks exactly the same
>>
A bit surprised it sold on pc

I guess people there love those borderland 2 type games
>>
>>333502164
Ds3 has a highly different fanbase.
>>
>>333502297
Well said
>>
The only people that dislike it currently grinded out max level in a week and are now pissed that all they can do is grind more in an attempt to perfect their gear.

If you bought it now or play at a normal pace it's a decent game and they're releasing more missions this month.
>>
Not a buy. Horribly boring. I played about 14 hours total and sold my copy within the week. Just another Ubi collect all the things type game. Had some fun at times in the Dark Zone, but generally disliked everything
>>
>>333501494

Its pepsi next week.
>>
>>333501494
The came is currently full of hacking 12 year olds.

Ubisoft says their banning a ton of people in the next few days. I didn't buy this game and I don't own it so I don't give a shit.

Different colored versions of the same fuckin' guns.....
>>
>>333502297
I don't have the picture on hand, but it's about to be an even bigger grind on the 12th.

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:

10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:

Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

Their forums where in an uproar for a bit, but they probably died down/got the hammer. Fucking gamestop already lowered the trade in value to $23 for the game as well. Only bright side for me is that I didn't have the funds on my psn account to buy the season pass and decided to check the patch notes. I wonder if this game will die younger than Destiny?
>>
Only buy it if you have friends to play with. Higher end content and Dark Zone are a chore solo and DZ can't be risked, since people party and then kick you to kill you afterwards.
That being said, if you get a squad together, the game is pretty fun. The first new content patch is coming out the 12th screw that im playing ds3
>>
>>333501494

If you are into sodomy, then yes
>>
It's Borderlands in NY. I got the game for free.

Only fun comes from playing with your friends.
Bullet sponge enemies that take forever to kill.
Lots of useless skills/perks
Tons of grinding for weapon drops that don't really feel different.
Stats of the weapons aren't accurate
The plot is negligible, I do like how it's told through the items you find though.
Plot items to collect for no reward.
The map is pretty big, but FEELS small. Same goes for gear variety.

And the fucking Dark Zone, which is supposed to be the best part of the game.
It's actually the worst IMO.

So after you grinded and got to level 30 in the main game, you have to do that AGAIN in the fucking dark zone.
You can't buy jack shit until you're level 30 in the DZ. The main game doesn't give you good weapons, all the good shit is in the dark zone, but you can't buy or use any of it until you're rank 30 in the dark zone. If you die in the DZ you will drop your loot (which you can only carry 9 items from the DZ at a time) money and keys and lose EXP, and a player can steal it.
You have to extract your fucking loot by calling a chopper that takes a minute and a half to get there, and doing so alerts enemies and any wandering asshole who would just kill you. And your stash only holds up to 30 items so if you've got your stash full, and you JUST got some good loot, you have to just lose those good items, nothing you can do.

So with all of that, everyone else in DZ is over fucking powered because they're already at rank 30 + and can actually use and buy the newer and better weapons. You're stuck with your shit items until you grind to rank 30. Then you grind again for even better gear than that.
There's 0 skill involved when it comes to killing other players. It's just who is higher level/or has more gear. Not fun.

The entire game is just a boring gun grind, and they do tons of little meaningless bullshit things to artificially extend your gameplay hours. Not worth buying.
>>
>>333504105
>There's 0 skill involved when it comes to killing other players. It's just who is higher level/or has more gear. Not fun.

Except when you're under DZ rank 50 hunting down all those scrubs who go manhunt. I've killed a rank 50 as a >50 before, so can you. Quit crying and learn to have some fun
>>
I got it for 40 and regret it. Shit is way too boring.
>>
>>333504469
Did you ignore the whole "can't use any of the new gear until you're rank 30 in the DZ" part?
It's not only boring, but it's not rewarding at all to grind just to get to the point where you can stand a chance, ESPECIALLY if you're alone.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.