[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good graphically undemanding games I can play,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Brutal_Doom_Cover.png (168 KB, 800x484) Image search: [Google]
Brutal_Doom_Cover.png
168 KB, 800x484
What are some good graphically undemanding games I can play, /v/?

>pic related
>>
>>333500946
openttd
>>
>>333501005
cool, is that like cities skylines?
>>
>>333501618
No, it's not a city builder
>>
File: 1443740774358.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443740774358.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Milia Wars
>>
r/lowendgaming
>>
>>333500946
Factorio, Underrail, Dustforce, They Bleed Pixels, Prison Architect.
>>
>>333500946
between pcs, i used a laptop without any graphics card and had tons of fun with:

commandos, ace of spades (older version), völgarr the viking, rollercoaster tycoon, terminal velocity, planescape torment and probably others that i can't think of right now

gog helped a lot in that aspect.
>>
>>333500946
not brutal doom with all the fancy decals and effects
>get a dosbox frontend
>download a tonne of shit from abandonware sites
>>
The original XCOM, pretty much any rogue or ascii game, any ultima game, most of the might and magic franchise, any of the old D&D games like baldur's gate, icewind dale, temple of elemental evil, fallouts 1, 2, and tactics, arcanum, homeworld, most of the command and conquer franchise, emperor: battle for dune, thief 1-3, duke nukem 3d, blood, shadow warrior, older civilization games as well as alpha centauri, master of orion 1&2, masters of magic, and colonization, most mechwarrior/battletech games, spelunky, la mulana, towerclimb, shovel knight, risk of rain, underrail, hammerwatch, sunless sea, the entire emulated library of most older console platforms.
>>
Sengoku Rance
>>
Can someone give me some tips on how to get doom and associated launchers and mods?

I kinda want to but upon learning that there is a ton of launchers, wrappers and what have you with compatibility issues between them I'm kinda lost
>>
dwarf fortress
>>
>>333500946
tell me your specs
>>
Dwarf Fortress. You only need lots of memory allocation.
>>
File: 1448271860636.png (3 MB, 1543x5500) Image search: [Google]
1448271860636.png
3 MB, 1543x5500
>>333505060
i started with gzdoom. it seems to be compatible with most wads. for some few, that aren't compatible i also got zdoom later, but you can only get gzdoom for now

so you need 3 things:
1. the launcher (gzdoom)
2. the doom or doom2 iwad (see pic related on where to get it, upper right corner)
3. gameplay or map wads (wads are basically the mod-files for doom. also see pic related)

you download gzdoom, download the doom or doom2 iwad and put it in the gzdoom folder.
for now, doom should be able to run if you simply open the gzdoom launcher. ingame, you can fiddle with the videosettings and controls as you like. i recommend for your first time to play it as originally intented as possible (ctrl-alt-arrowkey-controls and low res), though i'd totally understand if you wanna play with wasd and mouse.

now, to get mods (wads) to work you download the wad into your gzdoom folder. then you click the .wad file you want to play with and drag it over the launcher file.
boom, there you go, thats how easy it is to mod doom

if you want to combine multiple mods (e.g. a gameplay wad and a map-pack wad), simply click on all the wads that you want to play with while holding ctrl and then drag them over the launcher again. as long as they don't conflict, it should be working

have fun
>>
>>333500946
Huniecam Studio.
>>
>>333506712
Drag them over the file?
In the system explorer/file browser?
Seems a strange way to do it, I'd expect to drag them in a folder or a .wad selection option in the launcher itself
>>
>>333507104
Yes, drag them over the launcher's exe with the file explorer.
>>
>>333500946
Any game using the Source engine can run on most toasters
>>
>>333507961
May I ask the reason for such a weird system? Why couldn't they use a mod folder and/or loader?
>>
>>333506712
Doom always had mouse support, just not freelook.
>>
>>333506712
>drag and drop
doesn't it come with configurable .ini file, like zdoom?
>>
File: asdfasdf.jpg (129 KB, 834x329) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
129 KB, 834x329
>>333508356
dont know the reason, but it makes it fairly easy to create desktop shortcuts to your favourite mod-combinations

how to:
create shortcut of gzdoom.exe
right-click the shortcut and go to the file path
next to the path of the gzdoom.exe put -file and then the filenames of the wads you want to add (as long as they're in the same folder as gzdoom.exe. if not, just put their complete file paths as well)

here is one of mine for example:
"E:\Spiele\GZDoom\gzdoom.exe" -iwad doom2 -file demonsteele-v0.9.pk3 demonsteele-nowthatswhaticallmidi-v3.5.pk3 Rebirth1.wad
here i also specify, which iwad it should use. if you only get the doom2 iwad, you can leave that bit out

voila, now you can open your mod-combination from the desktop with a double click.

pic related. some of my combinations
>>
https://kat DOT cr/all-doom-heretic-sotsr-hexen-ddc-n-similar-stuff-52-games-t5481088.html
>>
>>333500946
If you never played the original Doom, just avoid Brutal and try Chocolate Doom instead of GZDoom (just to understand what was the original way of playing it). Then, if you feel too much uncomfortable, use GZDoom (which remains great for modded and external IWADS).
>>
>>333500946
I have way too many to type out. Narrow the search field for me a little bit. What genres of games specifically are you looking for?
>>
>>333500946
chess, its a classic, a bit hard to get into, but worth the effort, the dev cant be assed to fix the balance, some units ar op as fuck, also so pick white for ezmode
>>
>>333503429
Factorio and Prison Architect actually need quite a decent CPU. Most of the desktop ones will do, but not every laptop one
>>
>>333509351
You can make the bat file yourself if you want to combine multiple wads
>>
File: idk.png (12 KB, 378x366) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
12 KB, 378x366
>>333508356
How would I know? I didn't program it
>>
Pretty much any game made before 2007 or so will run on the average laptop. How "undemanding" are we talking here?
If something like FEAR is too mch, then just tick backwards year by year until your PC can run the majority of games from that year.
>>
>>333500946
Solitaire
Minesweeper
3D Pinball
Newgrounds
SNES emulator
>>
>>333509520
Question: if I wanted to "chain" level wads together, what should I do?
>>
>>333510379
Also SimCity 2k/3k, OpenRA and RCT2.

Doom, Quake, Oregon Trail. Like just browse abandonware sites.
>>
Age of Empires II
Age of Mythology
Another World
BattlBlock Theater
Beat Hazard
Blood: One Unit Whole Blood
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Choice of Robots
Descent
Deus Ex
Doorkickers
Dropsy
Dungeon Siege
The Elder Scrolls I-III
Escape Goat
Evil Genius
Fable: The Lost Chapters
FTL: Faster Than Light
Gemini Rue
Grand Theft Auto I-III, Vice City, and San Andreas
Grandia II Anniversary Edition
Half-Life
Harvester
Hexcells
Hitman 1-4
Hotline Miami
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death
Killing Floor (low settings)
Legend of Grimrock
LISA
Long Live the Queen
The Longest Journey
LYNE
Mark Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Mark of the Ninja
Max Payne 1-2
Monaco
Mount & Blade: Warband
Mount Your Friends
NEO Scavenger
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
One Finger Death Punch
Painkiller: Black Edition
Papers, Please
Party Hard
Penumbra: Overture
Postal 2
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
Rune Classic
Sanitarium
Scribblenauts Unlimited
The Secret of Monkey Island 1-4
Serious Sam Classic: The First and Second Encounter/Revolution
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Sid Meier's Civilization I-IV
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Spelunky
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight series
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Republic Commando
Startopia
Strife: Veteran Edition
Super Hexagon
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Syberia 1-2
System Shock 1-2
Teslagrad
Thief 1-3
Underrail
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
World of Goo
X-COM: UFO Defense
>>
Dungeon Keeper 2
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.