[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are toys to live games (i.e. Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Amiibo,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: toys-to-life.jpg (277 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
toys-to-life.jpg
277 KB, 1240x826
Are toys to live games (i.e. Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Amiibo, Lego Dimensions etc) dying? Feels like nobody gives a shit anymore and retailers are trying to shift stock. It probably doesn't help that games like Amiibo Festival and Superchargers were awful.

Another dying game fad?
>>
Thank fucking god
>>
>>333500543
>toys to live games
FUCK, meant "toys to life"
>>
I hope so.
>>
Amiibo were always designed as accessories

But yeah I think the craze is definitely dying down. Its a shame too cause the latest Infinity figures are great quality for 15 bucks. I shamelessly own Vader, Boba Fett, and Symbiote Spider Man.
>>
>>333501347
NFC toys. Same principle Seems like all the interest has died down. Not good news if you're a Nintendo shareholder.
>>
You can't be dying if you're already dead LMAO
>>
>>333500543
It's the AC line I understand the least. Who looks at a weasel or some weird cow thing and thinks, 'yeah, that's worth $12'?
>>
>>333500543
I really loved SL trap team

How did they fuck up Superchargers so badly
>>
>>333501807
Activision gonna Activision. Treat staff as disposable and milk franchises to hell and the quality and then sales start suffering.
>>
probably dying but who really even knows

though idk how Ninty didn't realize that they could capitalize off Amiibo with a F2P game in the same vein as Disney Infinity boggles me, especially with all the f2p shit they've been putting out lately

open sandbox or what have you based on ninty franchises, buy amiibo to play. then they'd actually have a purpose to exist past DLC and people buying em would be able to use em for actual stuff instead of buying a $13 figure that unlocks minimal DLC in most cases

amiibo have a more defined purpose then "use it with some games but not all" by having a singular game to use em all with, consumers have more of a reason to purchase them past said minimal content, ninty has a reason to make even more amiibo characters, people who hate the concept can just ignore it or cry about shills or some shit

it'd work and you know it
>>
Physical DLC was a gimmick, and a failed one at that. Parents aren't willing to buy amiibos for their kids like they would allow DLC purchases.
>>
From what I've heard/seen Disney's still goin strong

Amiibo's problem is it doesn't have a real "game" to call its own. I mean there's Amiibo Festival but it only covers a small subsection of the amiibo line (and it's irredeemable trash too.)
>>
Nobody on this site can say it.
We are not the target demographic. Those games pander to little children.
I heard Infinity's sales were going down but that's all I know.
>>
In Amiibo's case, the toys-to-life aspect wasn't "dying" so much as it was "stillborn". The vast majority of people who bought Amiibos either wanted collectible figurines of Nintendo characters or trinkets to buy/sell/trade on places like eBay. Only a tiny handful of people actually used them as physical DLC.
>>
>>333504320
>Only a tiny handful of people actually used them as physical DLC
Do we have any statistics about that or is that a pure asspull?
>>
>tfw got Lego Dimensions for 20 bucks
>way too much of the game is locked off unless you buy the majority of the add on packs

I shouldn't be surprised but holy fuck
>>
>>333504685

welcome to toys-to-life games
>>
>>333504685
The problem of Lego Dimensions is that it is damn expensive. On paper, the quality of the figurines and the freedom and diversity of content you find in the game is worth the prize. But on the other hand, if you compare it to skylanders, amiibo and Infinity, they are too damn expensive anyway.
>>
>>333500543
I want to say yes, but I think that every person who posts on v is in the totally wrong demographic to give an accurate response to that question.
>>
>>333505314
Disney Infinity and Amiibo figures at least get you some nice looking figurines for a fairly inexpensive price. Lego Dimensions uses fucking legos.
>>
>>333506265
Try shitting on Lego once again and your life ends here.
>>
File: kimk26f-3-web.jpg (21 KB, 635x402) Image search: [Google]
kimk26f-3-web.jpg
21 KB, 635x402
>>333503005
this has been discussed to death already. Great idea but we just need to wait and see. Would be a system seller potentially if it was a flagship NX title.

After they seen the initial success of amiibo I would not be surpriesed if that started something, Even then it would be a while before we hear anything. Just got to wait and see.
>>
>>333500543
I doubt it. Wait until Christmas.
>>
>>333506663
I'm referring to the cost of a Lego Dimensions figure compared to a Disney or Amiibo figure/normal legos.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.