[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People saying VR is bad >It's actually good. Huh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: myson.jpg (60 KB, 561x360) Image search: [Google]
myson.jpg
60 KB, 561x360
>People saying VR is bad
>It's actually good.

Huh?
>>
It's just a phase. That headset will be collecting dust on the shelf soon once the "new" well runs dry.
>>
I really don't know which one I should pick
oculus seems ok but kikebook is a no no choice
vive seems ok too, but too indie and gabe's belly would grow even more...

I really don't know...
custom maid 3d, playclub etc support oculus, but i thinkyou can use vive too

hmm...
plus I don't fucking have 3 x 4 m of free space for the vive...
>>
it's a gimmick for normie gamers

only cucks are hyped for this
>>
>>333499354
"VR" is a Kinect strapped to your face with two wii remotes...that's it

enjoy your shooting gallery score attack mini games bro
>>
Nah

It has it's uses no doubt

But mostly for simulation that can be beneficial to real world use

For gaming it's too shitty for the typical type of games people want like gta or battlefield
>>
Look, just think of it as another gaming peripheral. Some games are better with it, some not. It's not going to change your life, and you won't use it 24/7.
Just like a wheel makes racing games better (for some), VR makes some games and sims better (for some).
Also, don't be such obvious poorfags.
>>
>buy a VR headset
>if I like it I keep it
>if I don't I can sell it for more than I bought it for
Wow that was hard.
>>
>>333499671
If I was gonna pick one of the 2 I would pick the Vive.
>>
I used the Rift when it was in prototype.

Wasn't impressed enough to drop £500+. Using a gamepad really broke immersion for me. Didn't feel like I was in the world, felt like a regular video game but up close to my face.

VR video and movies are cool though. It's the actual interaction element that doesn't do it for me. I'd need a racing wheel for car games, flight stick for space sims etc etc.
>>
>>333500204
I have a strange feeling about this...
I mean valve is not pushing it with games and the open vr platform isn't totally accepted. some games don't work on it and viceversa
>>
>>333499354
>in 2030 everyone will be seeing real world through VR with floating digital world user interface around shops and you can see tweets on air, switch your realm to google and browse results and news by waving your hand around
>goverment makes VR use requirement for doing jobs so they can see what you see around the clock
are you ready for the next step (^:
>>
File: 1444911756218.jpg (36 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1444911756218.jpg
36 KB, 300x360
>>333500472
>people dressed as furries everywhere
>>
>>333499354

I just realized I've used both that monstrosity on the left, and even a Virtual Boy. But still haven't tested any of the current VR tech. Not even fucking Google cardboard.

>>333499741
>it's a gimmick for normie gamers

I doubt normies even know they exist.
>>
>>333499354
same thing as The Last of Us:
/v/ - contrarian shitflinging
>>
>>333500472
This

Technology was a mistake
>>
>>333500941
>I doubt normies even know they exist.

Yeah. It's techheads and gamers who are excited about it. Normies are the ones who ask what the point is.
>>
>>333500472

Change VR for Augmented Reality, and you are probably right about alot of jobs.
>>
>I'm gonna put this stupid thing on my head to slap someone

You can do that for free.
>>
File: 1299006383930.jpg (38 KB, 785x590) Image search: [Google]
1299006383930.jpg
38 KB, 785x590
>>333499354
/v/ being meme fucks as always
>>
File: 20348[1].jpg (17 KB, 484x252) Image search: [Google]
20348[1].jpg
17 KB, 484x252
>>333502552
AR is neat with it's applications but I wouldn't want all my games to be based around my boring ass room.

You'll need to block out the real world to fully experience the virtual one and that's when it's VR.
>>
>>333503069

I didn't so much mean for games as for general life and work. Shadowrun is probably correct about that shit.
>>
>>333500339
Maybe you can try to be a lil' bit more patient and wait for more things to happen.
>>
File: V I D E O G A M E S.jpg (50 KB, 838x627) Image search: [Google]
V I D E O G A M E S.jpg
50 KB, 838x627
>>333499354
>People saying VR is good
>It's actually meh.

Huh?
>>
>>333503135
Yeah, some of the Hololens stuff sounds interesting, like taking a screen with me around the house and 'pinning' it somewhere to watch. They just need to expand that tiny window in the visor.
>>
>>333503663
>It's actually meh.

But that's incorrect.
>>
The tech is fine.

The software currently is beyond awful with interesting tech demos littered here and there. Its going to be a good 3+ years until devs start using the tech to make genuinely good games that can only be done in VR. Anyone that bought into VR this early is a fool.
>>
>>333500161
Nobody is gonna buy your sweat lined headset for more than what you paid for it
>>
Nothing but shitposters who will never be able to afford it or are even unlikely to have even actually tried it in the first place

>/v/
>>
File: ss (2016-04-07 at 06.27.29).png (10 KB, 1118x71) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-04-07 at 06.27.29).png
10 KB, 1118x71
Now I just have to wait
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.