[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where will you be when they release it? Is there still any hype
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10
File: Half-Life-3.png (265 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life-3.png
265 KB, 2560x1440
Where will you be when they release it?
Is there still any hype left for this game?
>>
Extinct
>>
>>333487538
If this thread takes off, over half of /v/ will claim shit like its been too long and no one cares anymore but every one of those motherfuckers will buy it day one.
>>
Literally never coming out. Valve confirmed it was canned years ago.
>>
File: 1459494437292.gif (929 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
1459494437292.gif
929 KB, 400x228
>>333487538
Torn between believing it's real and thinking it's an eloborate hoax. At this point I'm just not sure anymore.
>>
File: 1456707695234.png (296 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
1456707695234.png
296 KB, 600x510
A man can dream
>>
If they announce it i'll get hype. But right now I'd honestly prefer l4d3. I dont give a fuck about Half Lifes story anymore.
>>
Not interested
>>
>>333488130
to be honest i think most people honestly dont give a fuck anymore, i would maybe pirate it or watch ending on youtube and that would be it.
>>
Duke Nukem is an example of what happens to games in development hell. Then again, this is valve.
>>
>>333487538

It's just a forced meme now, literally no one cares anymore
>>
>>333487538
Did you even play the half life 2 episodes? They are fucking atrocious, even Call of Duty campaigns have more gameplay than they do. Who the fuck wants more of that
>>
>>333489247
It was a different time.
You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>333487538
Hopefully busy with a non shitty game or at least a significantly less shitty one.
>>
>>333487538
It's my belief that they wanted to get their VR out first, so they could make HL3 a VR game with the new technology.
>>
>>333489364
>barely 10 years
>different time
Nah you're just 15
>>
6 feet unda
>>
>>333489425
A lot happened in those ten years.
>>
>>333488743
Difference is Duke franchise already had one good FPS. HL hasn't had any.
>>
Valve is as rich (probably) as they have ever been and they aren't even a public company and their drones still somehow forgive them for taking this long to release HL3

They got nearly 15 mil for FREE
>>
>>333489425
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddJ1OKV63Q
not him btw
>>
>>333489480
Are you saying hl1 isn't goty of the year?
Do you wanna fight?
>>
It'll come out on VR if VR flops and since VR is flopping it's coming out soon.

Valve has too much skin in the VR game right now to let it flop and this is their last silver bullet.
>>
>>333489526
This is the main game not the episodes retardo
>>
>>333487538

There will never be a game more focus tested than HL3 will be
>>
>>333489480
XD
>>
>>333489549
Yes. No, I'd rather you just stop being shit. Could you try that for a bit? Be less shit, I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.
>>
>>333489754
epic
>>
Couldn't give a shit. I played HL2 too late apparently and so I can't not see it as fucking awful to play. I'll shitpost in HL3 thoughs if that makes you feel better.
>>
File: whose line is it anyways.png (159 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
whose line is it anyways.png
159 KB, 625x626
>>333489789
>>
>Valve is run by a bunch of pretentious lazy hipsters in Seattle who would rather keep making skins for CS:GO, DOTA 2, and TF2 while dicking around with VR and PC Controllers than make actual full-feature SP games anymore

I used to love Valve.

Not so sure anymore.
>>
>>333488130
You can not have high hopes and still want to buy it, because everyone is so invested in the series they'll want to see how it turns out
>>
>>333489854
When you say awful games are fucking fantastic, you're shitposting.
When you say facts about bad games being bad, you're actually just posting.
This isn't Reddit. You don't get fucking orangered for circlejerking the shit out of everything you see no matter how terrible it is.
>>
>>333490079
>You don't get fucking orangered
What the hell does this mean
>>
I want Portal 3 first
>>
>>333489953
That's your problem, you think they were ever not that terrible when they were. Historically they've only ever released late, buggy piles of shit and broke the shit out everything, half-assed everything they did and not cared one bit. Valve never changed, you did.
>>
>>333490342

Your whole post is just one big shitty wrong opinion.
>>
File: 3232324.gif (2 MB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
3232324.gif
2 MB, 225x169
>Next E3
>Suddenly lights go out, leaving only one simple light on the stage
>Gaben comes on
>He starts mumering something
>"th..."
>Crowd is dead silent, sweat starts gliding down on everyone
>"three..."
>At this point the crowd realize what he said
>People start screaming and losing their shit
>"THREE"
>Crowd goes wild, some have passed out, some have pissed themselves, some are seen crying
>"THREEEEEEEEEE"
>/v/ implodes, stickying the thread with the speed of light
>thread is going so fast you have to literally tap R as fast as you can
>light goes out
>everything is silent
>euphoric music starts playing
>On the big screen you can slowly see the HF3 icon
>Ground is shaking with hype
>"HAAAALF LIFEEEEEEE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
I would have died of hype
>>
>>333491084
>facts are now opinion
>>
>>333487538
You must've missed it- they officially announced that there wasn't going to be HL3. They're not making it. It will never exist.
>>
>>333487538
Yes there's hype, HL3 confirmed is a normie tier meme, if it ever actually comes out people will lose their shit
>>
>>333493059
>normie
>lose their shit
Normal people don't get autistic about video games
>>
>>333487538
>Episode 2 came out almost 10 years ago

At this point, I really don't care anymore. HL3 is a running meme now and should stay that way.
>>
>>333487538
Yes because it's going to be released as a soley VR experience and blow everyone away
>>
>>333487538
Just a daily reminder that Half-Life 3 will never happen:

>Valve is making more money than ever despite making fewer games than ever
>Making literal millions just by maintaining Steam
>Making more millions from microtransactions
>Valve is not a publicly traded company, meaning no pressure from shareholders due to lack of HL3 updates
>No real way to protest Valve because they do not have to answer to shareholders, and they have a virtual monopoly in the digital market
>Most HL fans are nearing 30, the majority of Steam are 20 and under meme spouters who play Dota 2, CS:GO and TF2 all day and don't give a shit about HL
>Gaben has gone on record saying that if Valve did ever make a game again (already implying hesitation with regards to Valve ever making another game), it would have to include some sort of "social" aspect. Half-Life isn't exactly known for its social aspect, it's pretty much regarded as a single player game series (its mods are a different story though, obviously)
>Marc Laidlaw, writer of the Half-Life games since day one recently quit Valve, most likely because of the lack of any new development and no real end in sight to the HL limbo

Face it, Half-Life 3 will never, EVER happen. You are living in fantasy land if you think it will ever see the light of day.

Go ahead and try to prove how wrong I am.
>>
>>333487538
If there are indeed developers at valve, they have had no hand in the series, have never worked with one another and are totally untested.
>>
>>333489482

They make 15 mil every other month, making HL3 would be retarded from a business stand point.
>>
So is it basically confirmed that all those cryptic interviews about "technology not being right yet" were actually about VR, and how they wanted Half Life 3 to be THE virtual reality experience?

Shame that roomscale means it'll never happen, unless the Vive 2.0 ships with an omnidirectional treadmill as well.
>>
a new Source VR platform will launch with HL3, Portal VR and Ricochet VR.
>>
>>333490342

This. They ruined everything way back when, people who love/loved valve at some point are either 30 something or kids who weren't around when they started raping everybody. Nowadays everyone is used to game companies fucking up but even now my most disappointing experience with gaming has been the release of HL2 and the forced steam client, it was such a huge mess, the game was amazing and they knew it so they forced you to use the broke piece of shit that was steam. Fuck valve and fuck every one of their fanboys.
>>
>>333489953
Left 4 Dead 2 made me drastically change my stance on the company. Valve's jewry and milking its godawful multiplayer games with skins has definitely convinced me they are one of the worst companies. At least Ubisoft and EA actually make games.
>>
>>333487538
I don't care.
Although if it DOES get announced, there will probably be millions of threads on /v/ monthly
>>
The meme of Half life 3 will solidify the games ability to sell.

>memesters
>old fans
>new

Will all want a slice of the Action
>>
>Gabe comes out on to the conference stage
>"Half-Life 3 is on steam now"
>mic drop
How can the man deny himself something so badass?
>>
>>333496338
People always say a new half life sequel would be completely worthless from a business standpoint but wouldn't do a ton for steam's brand recognition?
>>
>>333489549
MGS and ocarina of time are both better
>>
>>333489604
>valve has too much skin in the VR game right now
>probably didn't even make a dent in their income
>>
File: 32323.jpg (89 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
32323.jpg
89 KB, 540x562
Daily reminder that if HF3 were to EVER happen, it will be the most sold game of ALL time only because its a living meme
>>
>>333490147
Kek
>>
My dad is still waiting for it
>>
>>333487538
>Where will you be
Probably dead
Half Life isn't that good anyway. Deal with it, it's tired and old and boring
>>
File: 1449062875743.gif (330 KB, 255x144) Image search: [Google]
1449062875743.gif
330 KB, 255x144
>>333496994
this shit is gold
>>
Is Valve even capable of making proper single player games anymore? Would they even know what to add with HL3 or would they just rehash 2 and copy modern FPS "innovations"?
>>
>>333496746

Those people are retarded

Half life 2 made steam a thing

You gotta wonder why they don't bother making exclusives for their steam box/os and what not they're games are actually good when they do make them
>>
>>333489754
i laffed xD I love random humor
>>
>>333494093
>who weren't around when they started raping everybody
So, never.
>>
>>333498141
Actually CS 1.6 made steam a thing. That's literally the reason they forced 1.6 to be steam only. To push up steam usage with millions of people already on it so they could hock HL2 with steam DRM. HL2 was merely another push in that direction but nothing on the level of CS which had a massive installation base. Likewise they pushed for CSS as the prerelease before HL2. The 1.6 push was actually big deal that pissed off a ton of people who didn't want to deal with Valve's broken garbage when there was a working system in place.
>>
File: 7X5TtGJ.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
7X5TtGJ.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
has anyone given up hope?
>>
File: kek.jpg (6 KB, 230x220) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
6 KB, 230x220
>>333496994
>>
Who's more delusional: people waiting for Star Citizen or people waiting for HL3?
>>
>>333487538

>HL3 announced
>hype train is unstoppable
>shills
>biased pre-release reports
>pre-downgrade screenies
>is released
>not the game everyone wanted
>butthurt fags everywhere

Duke forever is just this, fans waited what 12 years for it, and it was a pile of crap. same thing will happen.
It's been wanted for so long that's not going to happen, or if it does it'll be a big steaming heap
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.