[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't he just wish to restore hyrule, keep all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12
File: images-21.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images-21.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
why didn't he just wish to restore hyrule, keep all the inhabitants of the islands alive and destroy ganondorf foreverially
>>
>>333479481
Why didn't he just wish for infinity wishes?
>>
Because he's an asshole.
>>
He's an unfit king.
>>
>>333479481
Hyrule was a land that no longer had a connection to the world, and in its long history only produced ultra-bloody wars for the Triforce. Also, restoring it as Ganon wanted would have completely ruined the way of life on the Great Sea.
>>
Because he wasn't a babby nostalgiafag.
>>
>>333479481
cus then there would be no boss fight and the plot demands water sticks around for the shamefull "sequels"
>>
>>333479481
Because Hyrule was a long dead kingdom people barely remembered?
>>
>>333479481
>SS Link wishes to destroy Demise
>giant statue falls out of the sky

>ALttP Link wishes to undo Ganon's attack
>creates zombies and possibly an alternate timeline where the sages know to age link 7 years

>Hyrule prays for divine intervention during hero-less Ganon attack
>world gets flooded with the only air bubble over the richest family's house

>King Daphnes wishes for a world without Ganon's greed
>already flooded world gets crushed by the weight of approximately one ocean

I mean the Goddess/Triforce has always been a cunt but Daphnes could have made a better wish.
>>
> KoRL says that the land Link and Zelda find will not be Hyrule
> They name it New Hyrule

如何して
>>
why didn't he wish FOR DINNER
>>
Fuck.

Has been a while since i played or ven talked about wind waker.

Fugg, i remember the week i spent playing it in the gamecube days was magical.

and so was the following year with the exploration and 100% the game.
>>
also why is link riding his boat at the end, wasn't that supposed to be the king who now drowned?
>>
>>333480758
You hungry, anon? I'm kind of hungry myself.
>>
Why didn't he take the Triforce of Courage to protect him?
>>
File: Barnacles.png (61 KB, 186x151) Image search: [Google]
Barnacles.png
61 KB, 186x151
>>333480634
>>ALttP Link wishes to undo Ganon's attack
>>creates zombies and possibly an alternate timeline where the sages know to age link 7 years

The fuck?
>>
>>333480854
He was talking through the Boat (Somehow). It turned back to normal when he died.

Hyrule Warriors is a filthy liar.
>>
>>333480876
I forgot to eat I just kept trying to no damage run dmd Vergil 3 you bet I'm hungry
>>
>>333479481
As far as I can tell it's basically Anouma trying to retcon all the shit in the series he doesn't want to deal with by erasing it and then trying to come up with an excuse as to why this is somehow noble even though it makes no sense. WW is the source of all the bullshit timeline faggotry that everyone hates in how it tries to make the games connect up in it's specific bullshit way that nobody wanted.
>>
File: 6855243279_59521274b2_b.jpg (323 KB, 1024x524) Image search: [Google]
6855243279_59521274b2_b.jpg
323 KB, 1024x524
>>333480854

The boat was possessed by his spirit, but he wasn't the physical boat. If you look at the end, it's eyes are blank now and the face doesn't move at all.
>>
>>333480634
>>ALttP Link wishes to undo Ganon's attack

HOL UP HOL UP

>ALttP takes place in the timeline where Ganon wins in OoT
>OoT came out after ALttP
>yfw OoT Link defeating Ganon is a result of ALttP Link's wish
>>
>>333479481
Tfw I wanna play wind waker so bad but I have a horrible fear of open water. That game would give me a panic attack
>>
>>333481217
It's just a game
>>
>>333479837
He's unfit alright.
>>
>>333479481
Restoring Hyrule would change the way of life for the people on the Great Sea, and it was because of the failings of the old Hyrule Kingdom ways that led to it's destruction.

It's better for that timeline to exist without Ganon fucking everything up for the people currently alive than to restore a lost kingdom. That's why Tetra never becomes Zelda again.
>>
>>333481331
Yeah, he is a pretty big guy.
>>
>>333481217
>tfw when i fart so thick and stinky that i can LITERALLY smell what i ate for breakfast.
>>
>>333481269
I know there's just something about open water that just sets me off. I can play any horror game and not even be phased though.
>>
>>333480758
>>333480952

Because he's not Harkinian.
That guy actually tried to get shit done.
And, well, failed.
>>
>>333479481
>foreverially
That word brings back some dark memories
>>
>>333481189
Yeah and since the Goddesses/Triforce aren't a total bitch they let ALttP's timeline not get wiped out of existence too and just go on being redeemed.

Why else would aging Link 7 years matter in OoT but no other Zelda game ever? Because in the original timeline he used the Master Sword as a kid and got BTFO. Other Links are usually younger than Adult Link in OoT when they wield the Master Sword and defeat Ganon. Only reason to freeze Link is if it's known that he'll fail.

This was figured out day one of the timeline reveal, pretty obvious once you stop being so dead set on a failed Link timeline being gameplay or lore breaking. The Downfall timeline is the original timeline that gets split because of ALttP's wish. In Ocarina of Time, the game ends with Ganondorf having never acquired the full Triforce in either Adult or Child timelines.
>>
the king is a dick
ganondorf would make hyrule great again
>>
>>333481550
well I have a fear of empty islands in the middle of nowhere, where you can see the sea from every angle because the island is so small and barely anything grows there
and I had no trouble with this game, so I think you'll be fine
>>
File: 1451304894194.jpg (24 KB, 408x359) Image search: [Google]
1451304894194.jpg
24 KB, 408x359
King Harkinian >> WW King
>>
>>333482037
Historia says that the timeline split in the final battle of OoT. It even includes an illustration of the Ganondorf boss fight.
>>
>>333484216
>Historia says that the timeline split in the final battle of OoT

There is literally no reason for this. SS had time travel, so why isn't there a split when Link literally subverted history by bringing that Dragon back to life?
>>
>>333479481
Because that's boring.
>>
>>333482037
>yfw when you beat Ocarina of Time you, the player, are changing the future for the better
>>
>>333484216
>Historia says that the timeline split in the final battle of OoT.
Me too.

>>333484432
>so why isn't there a split when Link literally subverted history by bringing that Dragon back to life?
Time stones don't change history in the past, they duplicate the past over the present.
>>
>>333484432
Because the Triple Split is a horrible idea in general. However, for SS and OoA you could argue that those cases involve altering the timeline, whereas Zelda actively split it in OoT. However, there's no situation where the creation of the Decline Timeline makes sense.
>>
>>333481217
then you would hate the random sea monster encounters.

>they sky turns pitch black
>rain, thunder, lightning
>the boat starts to get sucked into a vortex
>a huge kraken like monster appears in the center of the vortex.
>your last save was 60 minutes ago
>you dont have a way of fighting back
>>
>>333485832
>Because the Triple Split is a horrible idea in general.
The third timeline is pretty obvious, the only thing bad about it is how they went about it splitting it off from the other two. I hate the idea of two timelines being real splits and the third being a 'what if' situation.
>>
>>333481049
>WW is the source of all the bullshit timeline faggotry that everyone hates in how it tries to make the games connect up in it's specific bullshit way that nobody wanted.
The non-linear timeline existed since LTTP

Fuck, it's NAME is it's timeline placement
>>
>>333487679
>The non-linear timeline existed since LTTP
LttP is a prequel to LoZ.

>Fuck, it's NAME is it's timeline placement
NoA

LttP being set in the past doesn't actively fuck over other stuff in the way WW does.
>>
>>333486375
Except it's not obvious. Historia says that all of OoT up until the battle atop Ganon's Tower occurs even on the Decline Timeline. The Hylian military is already gone, and if Ganon gets both Triforce pieces, that means he's killed both Link and Zelda. The world would be boned forever.

>>333487679
ALttP was a mere prequel; the series' timeline was basic and linear back then. Also, in Japan it was called "Triforce of the Gods." The NA title was made because Nintendo worried that soccer moms would freak out over the "gods" part.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 130x172) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 130x172
Why do people suck WW ganon's dick so hard?

He'll never be as intimidating as this MOFO.
>>
>>333488735
>Ginger mudslime with a huge jew schnozz
The true embodiment of evil.
>>
>>333489064
honestly he looks turkish to me
>>
>>333488735
Because WW was so badly written that people were more in agreeance in what Ganondorf wanted than the actual "good guys".

>the "villain" wants to restore the beautiful, verdant land of Hyrule to what it once was

>the "hero" says "fuck that the boring as fuck blue flood fill is WAY better"
>>
>>333486152
Yes you do, the boomerang. it's even idiotproof since it will always hit whatever it locks onto.

There's no penalty for "losing" against a Big Octo either. I'd say Wind Waker is piss easy, but that'd be insulting to the piss.
>>
File: worried_laughter.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
worried_laughter.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>333479481
Hold on a second. Did they just retexture Ganondorf's model and add a bigger beard?
>>
>>333490630
Pretty sure you can run into a Big Octo on the way to Forest Haven (Before the Boomerang). But since they shoot you to a random spot on the map you might not be able to fight one until after you visit Greatfish.
>>
>>333490715
http://zeldawiki.org/images/0/06/Daphnes_Figurine.png
http://zeldawiki.org/images/3/3f/Ganondorf_TWW.png
No.

I'm too lazy to combine these into a side by side.
>>
>>333490447
Hearing about WW is one thing, but after playing it I actually got where Daphnes was coming from. Hyrule's history on the AT was basically being a war-torn shithole, and the Great Sea was free of those problems and perfectly functional. Ganon would have basically destroyed an entire world to bring back a worse one left behind by everyone for good reason. Also, with Hyrule basically being his at that point and sunlight still reaching the sunken Hyrule, Ganon would essentially be wishing away the Great Sea out of spite more than anything. He'd force Hyrule to prominence rather than simply claiming it as his land to rule.
>>
>>333490937
But, you could just wish Ganon away regardless and it would have the same effect. The king's whole argument is retarded and only makes sense of base emotional appeal.
>>
I thought he was sinking hyrule so that it and the triforce would be out of the equation and no one like ganon would try to destroy the world
>>
>>333491156
It fully prevents anyone from ever trying to access the Triforce or otherwise bring back the horrors of Hyrule again. Also, Daphnes did wish away Ganon as well.
>>
>>333491156
Probably because wishing Ganon away would be pointless, because he knows his evil will just keep coming back in a different form, especially if the Triforce is still around. So the best thing he could wish for is a better future, free from Hyrule and the Triforce.
>>
File: stare zelda.jpg (49 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
stare zelda.jpg
49 KB, 456x456
>>333490447
>WW was so badly written that people were more in agreeance in what Ganondorf wanted than the actual "good guys".
I swear, I read the exact same argument on "Marche is the villain" camp
>>
File: whatusay.png (152 KB, 331x383) Image search: [Google]
whatusay.png
152 KB, 331x383
The real question is who's Dukonkled, and why were the evil forces of Ganon attacking him?
>>
>>333491156
The idea was to erase the knowlegde of the Triforce with it. The Great Sea was without war because there was no King, no war and no Triforce to fight over since only like three demi gods on the Great sea even remembered old Hyrule.
>>
>>333491851
*without fighting
>>
The King is actually the most interesting character in the game.

He wants his kingdom back. That's why he gives the Triforce of wisdom to Zelda and makes Link acquire the Triforce of courage pieces and slay Gannon, though unsuccessfully.

But since he sees how much the surface world means to everyone by traveling around as a boat he realises that it's just his own vanity and the kingdom of hyrule is just a dead husk now. Rather than let people wage war over it for centuries, he destroys it and lets the surface dwellers live in peace.

Gannon basically sealed his own fate by having the king touch it. Without the Triforce of Power he isn't immortal anymore and doesn't need to be "sealed away" every century or whatever.
>>
>>333492118
He doesn't see shit since he's unable to go ashore.
>>
>>333479481
Why didn't you wish to not be a faggot?
>>
>>333492243
the islands aren't particularly big you know.

Plus he can probably astral project or whatever and was probably instrumental in seeing off the tribes that went to higher lands when Hyrule was flooded.
>>
File: King_Daphnes_Reaching_Out.png (75 KB, 592x330) Image search: [Google]
King_Daphnes_Reaching_Out.png
75 KB, 592x330
>>333492118
That's also why he reaches out to them, part of him still wants to come with them, but he realizes that's just his own selfishness and his time has passed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq7LrougGYk
>>
>>333492243
He was probably listening through that blue stone thing Tetra gave you.
>>
>>333492406
That whole scene made the entire game worth it, I hated it's artstyle originally, but got into it when actually playing, and then to give the OoT world a final farewell with the Kings wish just when it looked like Ganon had fucked you hard was so sweet.
>>
>>333492410
Better yet, he changed his mind because of Link's determination. I don't know if the King ruled during the time a Link existed, but it'd be nice if he changed based on how determined Link was from reaching his sister to being willing to sacrifice a normal life again to save the ocean. He saw the hero and that made him doubt this.
>>
>>333492724
>I don't know if the King ruled during the time a Link existed
I don't think so, since Hyrule was flooded specifically because there was no Link
>>
>>333481217
Then you should play soma and die
>>
>>333492830
The King of OoT's time would have definitely been dead when he took over the first time, which makes me wonder what the fuck happened between Ganon's sealing and his escape that Hyrule has a monarchy again.

It couldn't have been long otherwise there'd be another Link.
>>
>>333493208
Zelda had a son?
Dunno.
>>
>>333493208
Zelda removed the hero's bloodline/Hero's Spirit from that timeline entirely, which is why there was no Link when Ganon broke out of the Sacred Realm.
>>
>>333493434
wow, zelda fucked up hard

so much for having the triforce of wisdom hurt hurt
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.