[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal /v/ everyone but you guys praises this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23
File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
What's the deal /v/ everyone but you guys praises this game. Tell me why you're right and they're wrong?
>>
It's either a 10/10 or a 0/10 on /v/

Other than that, it's the buttmad Hayterfags
>>
Because we're actually real fans of the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4Tusk_V2k
>>
File: 1455673347684.png (2 KB, 618x298) Image search: [Google]
1455673347684.png
2 KB, 618x298
>>333460747
This. /v/ is filled with people who have been following the series for years, some even from day one. "everyone" else are random faggots that hop from one open world game to the other with sprinkles of other fanbases looking for another game to play.

MGSV was as much a Metal Gear as DmC was to Devil May Cry.
>>
>>333461006
>MGSV was as much a Metal Gear as DmC was to Devil May Cry.
I bet MGS2 is your favorite MGS game, you colossal faggot
>>
>>333461158
>getting this devastated over the truth

It's MGS1 actually, and MGSV shares so many similarities with DmC it's not even funny.
>>
>>333461276
Your faggotry shares many similarities with faggots and that's not very funny either

>I'M LE OLDFAG, ONLY NEWFAGS LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE
Fucking kill yourself, fuckface
>>
File: SALT.gif (276 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SALT.gif
276 KB, 640x360
>>333461341
Wow you really are devastated about the comparison aren't you? Sorry that your favourite game is shit anon.
>>
>>333460626
>Tell me why you're right and they're wrong?

Because a lot of us have actually been playing since MGS1, and for a lot of people this is their first Metal Gear, so they have no idea who the characters are, what they're like, what the story has been, the evolution of the games, ect.

It's getting high praise from people who don't know what makes a metal gear game a metal gear game.
>>
>>333461341

What a master of oratory skill. He used faggot twice. Who could ever do anything about such a sound argument.

Isn't this a school night for you little boy?
>>
>>333461006
>MGSV was as much a Metal Gear as DmC was to Devil May Cry.
I think everyone can agree it's a flawed game, but that comparison just makes you look childish.
>>
>>333460735
Bullshit it's a solid 8/10.

Fun, unique gameplay
>>
File: solid (2).jpg (1 MB, 1171x1961) Image search: [Google]
solid (2).jpg
1 MB, 1171x1961
>>333462050
It's accurate enough anon.

>Big Boss went from a charismatic leader filled with fears, likes, opinions, and all sorts of other fluff that made him such an icon, none of that was present in MGSV and no the argument about Massive Medic doesn't work because he's supposed to be a 1.1 version, a perfect copy that will fool even Zero if needed, Which he wasn't.
>The guard mechanics that made people scream TECHNOLOGY were all gone. They're dumb as shit.
>A series that built itself on complex base sneaking no longer has anything complex to sneak, it was tents for most of it
>the change to open world gimped the game both visually, and gameplay wise as nothing was arranged with any real care. Enemies in MGS2 and 3 would destroy you because of an excellent collaboration between level designers and AI technicians, nothing note worthy happened in MGSV
>Charactization was fucked. Zero was never a bad guy, Ocelot didn't enjoy torture, Kaz bitched about becoming a demon yet constantly forced a day care on us, Huey went from tragic to a monster for no good reason, amd Skull face went from a twisted fuck in GZ to cartoon tier in TPP
>no licensed weapons, showing just how little they cared about attention to detail. Something even MGS4 managed to do.

And it goes on. Shit game felt like a remake of an MG title instead of a real entry.
>>
>>333462307
I'm torn about it.

I've been in since MGS1, and TPP is a game that I'm conflicted about. I haven't had a game leave me this simultaneously excited and disappointed before.

8/10 is accurate, but now, especially after the 'honeymoon' period of the first 10 hours or so, it feels often more like a 6 or a 5.
>>
>>333462825
You're vastly overrating classic MGS, and I say this as a walking MGS encyclopedia.
>>
It's fine
>>
>>333462307
>unique gameplay

No
>>
>>333463073
>a walking MGS encyclopedia.

if that's true, then was the end of MGS2 real or all in raiden's head?

This is a trick question
>>
>>333463073
>things are completely altered in V
>this is a good thing and complaining about it means I'm overrating the source material

No you're not anon.
>>
File: HAIDARA.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HAIDARA.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333463159
Yes
>>
File: 1432140770806.png (3 MB, 1861x2750) Image search: [Google]
1432140770806.png
3 MB, 1861x2750
>>333463259
>Unique

Could do that in DMC4 with Nero.
>>
>>333460747
that review is mostly positive, though, it's just not hyperbolic and blind like the mainstream reviews that gave it a 10/10
>>
>>333460747
>>333461006
You're both full of shit, and likely started with MGS2. I've been playing them since the NES days, and V is second best only to MGS1. Asspained Hayter dick-riders and faggots who want 90% cutscenes instead of a fucking video game are the only ones who dislike V.
>>
>>333463258
>this is a good thing and complaining about it means I'm overrating the source material
If by "source material" you include 4 and Peace Walker, then I'm standing by my statement. Zero's character was fucked in MGS4, and Huey's character was fucked in PW, way before TPP had a chance. If anything, Zero's last tapes in V do a better job of bridging the HURR DURR THE MGS3 SUPPORT STAFF DID IT gap than the entirety of BB's speech to Solid Snake.

>>333463257
I'm not sure if I understand, are you referring to whether Rose was actually there or what? She was

>>333463409
Apples and oranges, anon.
>>
>>333461276
>and MGSV shares so many similarities with DmC it's not even funny.
then show me some
>>
>>333464015
>I've been playing them since the NES days
Troll, don't listen to this man.
>>
>>333464015
>all this assumption
>trying the tired as fuck "you started with MGS2" argument

You couldn't be more transparent even if you tried. Playing since the NES days? emulator right? started the series last year did you? fuck you V defenders are getting desperate.
>>
>>333464214
Learn to read a thread>>333462825
>>
>>333464178
>spoiler

you're letting the patriots win
>>
>>333462825
>Big Boss went from a charismatic leader filled with fears, likes, opinions, and all sorts of other fluff that made him such an icon, none of that was present in MGSV
Big Boss didn't get rebooted as a character, he still has all that shit. Venom doesn't.

>The guard mechanics that made people scream TECHNOLOGY were all gone. They're dumb as shit.
Subjective as fuck, and I honestly disagree completely, they feel pretty much as they should be.

>A series that built itself on complex base sneaking no longer has anything complex to sneak, it was tents for most of it
Not as complex as you seem to believe. It was really mostly dodging vision cones with a few other ways for enemies to detect you, like noisy floors and footsteps.
The FOB invasions, Mfinda Oilfield and OKB Zero felt just like what I'd expect from MGS.

>the change to open world gimped the game both visually, and gameplay wise as nothing was arranged with any real care.
Visually? The game is stunning.The wide empty spaces are certainly a problem, but this has nothing to do with visuals. Just inefficient map design.

>Enemies in MGS2 and 3 would destroy you because of an excellent collaboration between level designers and AI technicians, nothing note worthy happened in MGSV
OKB Zero, Yakho Oboo, Mfinda Oilfield and Da Ghwandai Khar were pretty tricky to inflitrate on the first attempts. Certainly much harder to infiltrate than anything in MGS3 with the exception of maybe the jungle right before The Boss.

cont'd
>>
File: IMG_20160407_005234.jpg (560 KB, 1520x1818) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_005234.jpg
560 KB, 1520x1818
>>333464253
>>333464284
Try again faggots. I've been playing Metal Gear games before your mothers ever shat you out.
>>
>>333462825
>Enemies in 3 would destroy you

anon, that's hardly true even before they give you the new camera that absolutely fucks the AI over
>>
>>333464636
But that's not a Metal Gear game
>>
>>333464636

How do we know thats your real thumb?
>>
>>333464636
Good job anon. You proved them wrong.
Too bad your taste is still shit
>>
>>333462825
>Big Boss went from a charismatic leader filled with fears, likes, opinions, and all sorts of other fluff that made him such an icon, none of that was present in MGSV and no the argument about Massive Medic doesn't work because he's supposed to be a 1.1 version, a perfect copy that will fool even Zero if needed, Which he wasn't.
gee, it's almost like he just got out of a 9 year long coma and found out has missing an arm and has a piece of shrapnel pierced into his skull and is still in shock about it
>Enemies in MGS2 and 3 would destroy you because of an excellent collaboration between level designers and AI technicians
bull fucking shit, MGS3 had retarded guards through out the whole game and it would only get hard in extreme because of the lower health
>Zero was never a bad guy, Ocelot didn't enjoy torture, Kaz bitched about becoming a demon yet constantly forced a day care on us, Huey went from tragic to a monster for no good reason
It's almost like traumatic events change people or something
>no licensed weapons, showing just how little they cared about attention to detail.
who even gives a shit, COD does that shit all the time and no one bats an eye
>>
>>333462825
>>333464483
>Charactization was fucked. Zero was never a bad guy, Ocelot didn't enjoy torture, Kaz bitched about becoming a demon yet constantly forced a day care on us, Huey went from tragic to a monster for no good reason, amd Skull face went from a twisted fuck in GZ to cartoon tier in TPP
I agree with these points, except maybe about Huey, which I felt made enough sense and was interesting as a twist to me. It's pretty consensual that the game's major flaw is the story.

>no licensed weapons, showing just how little they cared about attention to detail. Something even MGS4 managed to do.
Who gives a shit about licensed weapons? This is seriously grasping for straws. And to believe they had no attention to detail because they didn't feel like shelling out for some names is such a huge logic leap that I cannot comprehend it.

DmC fucked the gameplay completely, toned every single thing down, including the plot, and deliberately poked fun at previous entries.
MGSV if anything gave a lot of attention to the gameplay, maybe even too much, and never attempted to poke fun at the estabilished series.
It was just a bit of a letdown because Kojima hyped it up as the definitive conclusion and ode to the series, and the plot and cut development time didn't really allow that to be the case.

MGSV was victim of a bad publisher and bad resource and time management, not deliberate bad choices with little to nothing to do with an estabilished series.
>>
>>333464695
Not enough cutscenes for you, I know.

>>333464851
Coming from an underage newshit who started with the PS2 games, I really couldn't be happier that you think that.
>>
>>333464636
All this proves is that you have a label and a cartridge.
>>
>>333465098
You do realize that just because you have a NES cart doesn't mean you've been playing those games on release. You could've easily purchased it off eBay a week ago.

In fact... do you really want to prove it? Timestamp with your face in the shot. That way we know if you're an underage shitter.
>>
>>333464483
>and no the argument about Massive Medic doesn't work because he's supposed to be a 1.1 version, a perfect copy that will fool even Zero if needed, Which he wasn't.
Felt the need to remove that to lend weight to your argument did you? pathetic.

>they feel pretty much as they should be.
Confirmed started with V

>Mfinda Oilfield and OKB Zero felt just like what I'd expect from MGS.
2 locations in a game that lasts 60+ hours is beyond terrible and online shit dosn't count otherwise Mass Effect 3 is a 10/10 game.

>The game is stunning
You either spend the entire time staring at sand or mud. The only truly impressive location was the mini jungle before the Burger King Mansion

>OKB Zero, Yakho Oboo, Mfinda Oilfield and Da Ghwandai Khar were pretty tricky to inflitrate on the first attempts
Except they weren't.

>>333464896
>and is still in shock about it
Outside those first few seconds of him waking up and the scene on the boat after the escape he didn't give a single fuck after getting that robot hand.

>It's almost like traumatic events change people or something
Huey went through that shit in PW and was fine, and Ocelot? he was traumatised, became dull in V, got over it, and returned to normal for MGS1? fuck off anon

>who even gives a shit
If you had ever been in an MGS thread before, fuck loads of people. The backlash to Ocelot not using his revolvers was massive.
>>
File: 1459983056898.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1459983056898.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>333465057
>>333464896
>>333464483
>Its a someone makes a wall of text post and people respond to it by copy pasting the wall of text and adding their own wall of text kind of episode
>>
>>333464636
>not starting with the MSX games
wow what a faggot
>>
>>333462825
Zero being a villain was completely fucking retarded and a shining example of why 4 fucking sucked

V is free to retcon whatever it wants from that piece of shit
>>
>>333465215
Technically it doesn't even prove that. I could have very well stole the picture from somewhere else online. Or hell maybe the cartridge is CG. Who knows?
>>
>>333464636
Congrats, you bought the worst version off Ebay a week ago. You sure showed everyone!
>>
>>333460747
I use to think this was one of the better counter arguments against V, but watching it now is pretty cringy.
>le phantom pain
>>333461006
It's to MGS what DMC4 is to DMC.
>>
>>333465367
>Big Boss went from Naieve American patriot to war loving child abusing mad man after the Boss' death
>implying Zero wasn't affected in the same way

Nah, you're just trying to justify shit because it's MGSV. Zero idolized The Boss as much as BB did and then moved that idolization to BB to the point where he cloned him multiple times. What V did is let him do that twisted shit then said "oh but AI's did the rest, he had good feelings all of the time!"

>>333465529
An incomplete mess that was forced to be released when only half complete due to Capcom wanting a game out quick? I'm glad we agree.
>>
File: Yuis Phantom.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yuis Phantom.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
I've heard all sorts of stupid excuses from people shitting on this game, like "uh.. you don't even get to play the real big boss, this game is bullshit", so yeah, I wouldn't take this place too seriously. Unfortunately, there's more than a few mouth breathers in this shit hole of a board.
>>
>>333465349
>Felt the need to remove that to lend weight to your argument did you? pathetic.
Your point is retarded. Venom wasn't meant to fool people through his personality, just his appearance. Otherwise why would they feel the need to hypnotize themselves into believing that Venom was BB?

>Confirmed started with V
Confirmed for not having an argument.

>2 locations in a game that lasts 60+ hours is beyond terrible and online shit dosn't count otherwise Mass Effect 3 is a 10/10 game.
>he only cited two locations, so that means those are the only ones
And if you didn't try to infiltrate the FOBs, you're full of shit and aren't judging the game's full content. There's even offline attempts if you're such an ass.

>You either spend the entire time staring at sand or mud. The only truly impressive location was the mini jungle before the Burger King Mansion
You're literally blind. The game is gorgeous, map design doesn't hinder the visuals.

>Except they weren't.
On the first attempts? Much trickier than ANYTHING in MGS2 and 3.

You're full of shit and have a hate boner for the game.
>>
>>333465356
Who the fuck owned an MSX in the US? Like five people? I hadn't even heard of the game until I saw it in Nintendo Power. Had no clue about the MSX version until the early 90s.

>>333465325
>>333465356
>being this salty that you got proven wrong
How pathetic. Further evidence you are teens at best.
>>
>>333464636
That game didn't even have a metal gear
>>
>>333465770
>posts K-On
>thinks he's allowed an opinion

Kek nice bait, you'll get a few.
>>
File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (893 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
893 KB, 900x900
I had a lot of genuine fun with the game and really enjoyed it. Except for mission 45
>>
>>333465892
>he didn't enjoy K-On
shit taste confirmed
>>
File: 1437848231723.jpg (97 KB, 324x331) Image search: [Google]
1437848231723.jpg
97 KB, 324x331
>>333462825
now this is some advanced autism
>>
>>333465750
>An incomplete mess that was forced to be released when only half complete due to Capcom wanting a game out quick? I'm glad we agree.

You forgot the part about how it's better than the previous two.
>>
>>333465868
>Venom wasn't meant to fool people through his personality, just his appearance
Actually retarded. The whole point was to completely fool everyone to take attention away from BB, Looks were good but that was it, his mime impression and lack of opinion about anything should have set warning bells off for everyone that had been around BB. You couldn't shut him up but now he's suddenly a mute? nah that's shit tier writing.

>Defending FOB content when it's still shat on by everyone but dudbros
Great argument M8

>map design doesn't hinder the visuals.
Yeah I did enjoy all that sand just to travel to the other end of the map to enjoy all that sand. 10/10 art direction would go to the beach again.

>Much trickier than ANYTHING in MGS2 and 3.
I sneaked OKGB Zero first time, fucking first time. The ultimate base of the big bad and It offered no hindrance. Outer Haven was far harder and actually made you work for it.

And you're an apologist that willingly defends an incomplete project blindly.
>>
>>333465057
>
MGSV if anything gave a lot of attention to the gameplay, maybe even too much, and never attempted to poke fun at the estabilished series.

Movement improved but the sneaking didn't really undergo anything that any other series didn't do. Still no real sound/light mechanics either.
>>
File: 1355285030915.jpg (32 KB, 377x386) Image search: [Google]
1355285030915.jpg
32 KB, 377x386
>>333466360
>DMC4
>Better than 3
>especially after 3 got the style switcher mod

So this IS a bait thread. Should have realized the second people started to defend MGSV.
>>
>>333460626
It's a bad game for anybody who has played since mgs1 and loved them. MGSV fails in nearly every aspect. Can't say how I would feel about it if it was my first mgs though.
>>
>>333465976
the fuck is growing out of his head?
>>
File: 1366948408775.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1366948408775.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>333465976
Even as an MGS:V apologist, I have to admit that A Quiet End is the worst fucking thing in the entire Metal Gear Solid series.

I wasn't even going to Platinum the game but then I realized I only needed a couple of trophies so I had to do that mission like 3 fucking times and each one was more horrible than the last
>>
>>333466374
Big Boss (both the original and Venom) was in a coma for nine fucking years and had substantial head and brain trauma. They'd be idiots not to expect the possibility he'd act differently. TBI does that.
>>
File: 4354353534.jpg (16 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
4354353534.jpg
16 KB, 329x500
Because /v/ is composed almost entirely of fat contrarians with too much time on their hands and permanent nostalgia goggles strapped to their faces.

MGSV has its flaws, but it was better than 90% of anything that came out in past couple of years, and I'd bet my left nut that it would be even better if Konami wasn't pants-on-head retarded when it comes to development. A solid 8/10 and the third best MGS game after MGS1 and 3.
>>
>>333466490
>especially after 3 got the style switcher mod
DMC3 is not really built for it, it's pretty cool but it's still a novelty and the fixed/limited camera angles are a problem.

>>333466496
>It's a bad game for anybody who has played since mgs1 and loved them
Would you fucks stop spewing this shit? It's like the third fucking time in the thread, make your own fucking opinions. Have you also used that THE FACT THAT MGSV IS INCOMPLETE IS THE REAL PHANTOM PAIN ;_; line as well?
>>
>>333466490
3 was overrated as fuck and only well received because fans were desperate for anything halfway decent after the abomination that was 2. 4 plays better, is paced better, Hass better enemies, and isn't nearly as cringey. It's the second best in the series, behind only the original.
>>
>>333466589
>Big Boss (both the original and Venom) was in a coma for nine fucking years and had substantial head and brain trauma

That's an interesting way of saying "I didn't listen to the tapes"
Big Boss was fine, better than fine he fucked off from his bed because he wanted a smoke. In just that little comment from his tape he had 100% more personality than Venom Mime.

Stop defending shitty writing.
>>
File: 1435990051904.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1435990051904.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>333466781
>he thinks MGS2 was bad
>>
I've spent 375 hours on this game and I'd say I've enjoyed it at least half of that time which isn't bad.

>>333465976
Tried extracting the vehicles my first time and it was a nightmare. On the bright replaying it for the S rank was easy and I found my self actually having fun.
>playing Quiet theme just as the second wave approaches
fits beautifully
>>
>>333466551
You'd know of you played the game
>>
>>333466374
>Actually retarded. The whole point was to completely fool everyone to take attention away from BB, Looks were good but that was it, his mime impression and lack of opinion about anything should have set warning bells off for everyone that had been around BB. You couldn't shut him up but now he's suddenly a mute? nah that's shit tier writing.
He did fool everyone, there was no point to him having the same personality, he sold the character of a broken man. The only people who might get suspicious were either hypnotized or also broken in comparison to their earlier personalities.

>Defending FOB content when it's still shat on by everyone but dudbros
So you confirm that you haven't actually infiltrated each of the platforms at least once?
The whole thing is a callback to Big Shell. People hate on it for no reason.

>Yeah I did enjoy all that sand just to travel to the other end of the map to enjoy all that sand. 10/10 art direction would go to the beach again.
Again, you're presenting two different things and pretending they're one and the same.
The map design was flawed, the art direction was not. Afghanistan looked like Afghanistan should, and so did Africa. And the engine and graphics are fucking top tier, only Witcher 3 can claim to look better right now.

>I sneaked OKGB Zero first time, fucking first time. The ultimate base of the big bad and It offered no hindrance. Outer Haven was far harder and actually made you work for it.
>outer haven
So you dropped the argument about the entirety of MGS2 and 3, and brought up just one portion of MGS4 as a last resort?
Great work.

Now kindly fuck off.
>>
File: 2013-08-04_00006.jpg (475 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-04_00006.jpg
475 KB, 1920x1080
>>333466781
>is paced better
You can't be serious.

>It's the second best in the series, behind only the original.
You REALLY can't be serious.
>>
File: 1357921289067.jpg (103 KB, 1400x1048) Image search: [Google]
1357921289067.jpg
103 KB, 1400x1048
>>333466752
Fair enough I'll agree it's a novelty but DMC3 is better in every respect save for gameplay and for a media that's all about art direction, soundtrack and audio, writing, characterization, and extras, DMC4 really doesn't have anything over DMC3.

>>333466781
>is paced better
Stopped right there. The single biggest complaint is re-running Nero's levels as Dante.
>>
>>333466794
Big Boss had head trauma, which opened up the possibility that he may act different than normal. The real Big Boss didn't have that problem, but Kaz and Ocelot (after hypnosis) didn't know that. They thought Venom was Boss, and considering what he had gone through (not to mention the giant piece of shrapnel lodged in his skull) they had an explanation for any differences in behavior. YOU'RE the one who apparently didn't pay attention to the tapes, or the entire game for that matter, since you're having trouble understanding something so basic.
>>
File: 1407219125274.jpg (278 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
1407219125274.jpg
278 KB, 600x499
>>333466781
>>
>Movement improved but the sneaking didn't really undergo anything that any other series didn't do. Still no real sound/light mechanics either.
Movement is inherently connected to how the sneaking plays. How are there no sound/light mechanics? Sound can fuck you up if you wear anything but sneaking suits, and it plays in a bunch of ways through misleading enemies.
And if I can kill lights to use the shadows to my advantage and enemies pull flashlights when they need to, how are there no light mechanics?
>>
>>333466490
DMC3 was outdone in every single way except for the backtracking in 4.
>>
>>333466360
Nah, DMC always had trouble finding interesting things for the player to do while they're not in combat.
4 is definitely the worst in this regard.
>hitting tops
>grappling whatevers
>rolling dice
Even its version of the lost woods bullshit is especially shitty.
>>
>>333466781
>is paced better

how did you like those install times and 45 min briefing videos?
>>
File: 1455788095237.jpg (127 KB, 599x506) Image search: [Google]
1455788095237.jpg
127 KB, 599x506
>>
>>333466845
>He's talking about DMC2
Confusing I know
>>
>>333466845
Talking about DMC, anon.

>>333466998
>>333467090
Dante played so differently from Nero that it wasn't an issue. Meanwhile 3 was the same shit the entire way through the poorly designed areas and the waves bland enemies. The game's only saving grace was the bosses and only a handful of them were actually good. 1 and 4 are both much better games.
>>
>>333467218
>>333466425
>>
>>333467331
You faggots really need to learn how to follow a quote tree.
>>
It's the funnest playing mainline metal gear solid, every other facet is generally worse in comparison to every other mainline metal gear.
>>
I love the new metal gear online

plz dont hurt me
>>
File: 1403672537035.png (4 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
1403672537035.png
4 KB, 256x224
QUICK /v/
WHICH FANBASE IS WORSE, DARK SOULS OR MGS?
>>
File: smt3-dante.jpg (59 KB, 649x451) Image search: [Google]
smt3-dante.jpg
59 KB, 649x451
>>333467391
You know how I can tell you're talking bullshit? Your defence of DMC1. It should always be given maximum respect but it is, understandably, completley archaic and near painful to play compared to later entries so to sit there and say DMC1 is better than 3 is nothing short of maximum over-bait plain and simple.
>>
>>333460626
Did you play the first few missions

If yes, you've played the entire game.

The story is banal, nothing gets accomplished; and for a finale where men were to become demons, we play as the most canonically good character in all of the MGS franchise. Not even Solid Snake was as Lawful Good as Venom. Snake gave zero fucks about gunning down his own comrades from Foxhound.

It's under budget, the story isn't finished, and 'what could have been' promises doesn't equal a game. What we got is a mediocre sandbox shooter with a great upgrade system, but why would I spend my time playing that? I have Just Cause 3 already, and I can fly in that game.
>>
>>333467635

Final Fantasy
>>
>>333467736
Y'know what? From what I've seen of XV threads with long winded angry posts about eye colors, you're fucking right.
>>
>>333467643
DMC1 has the best environments in the series, the best pacing, the best Dante, and the best enemies (who actually fight back, unlike the other games). The combat is definitely more basic and less refined but overall it's the best game in the series. The greatest combat system in the world means nothing when enemies don't put up a fight and the rest of the game is a bore. DMC3 had a few fantastic bosses but they made up like 10% of the game at best, and the rest was mediocre filler.
>>
>>333467936
>LE KAMIYA CUM IN MY ASSHOLE DEEPER xD
>>
>Story is fried dogshit. Fuck the ending. Fuck it hard.
>only 2 areas
>both were empty and meaningless
>Quiet and Skullface are the only new characters introduced
>no memorable boss battles. Skulls were just beefed up enemy soldiers. Not even the metal gear battle was anything special.
>Those fucking cassette tapes, man.

Atleast the gameplay is top notch. Best in the series, by far.
>>
>>333468056
DMC1 and RE2 are the only Kamiya-directed games I enjoyed. Try again.
>>
>>333467635
MGS fans can be pretty fun and chill at times
but, like all fanbases, canonfags shit it up
>>
>>333467635
Metroid and SMT fanbases are the worst.
>>
>>333467936
I agree completely. Art direction, it's Dante, it's enemies, all better but the complete lack of refinement and terrible play style mixed in with fucking underwater sections simply does not put it above 3.
>>
>>333460626
it's good. but chapter 2 is pathetic and lazy. in fact it nearly ruins the whole experience, because i felt obligated to play the whole way through the game and chapter 2 just ruins it.
>>
Believe it or not we played the games before Ground Zero.

It was babbys first MGS for 99% of the people, the millenials are slowly getting into gaming as they grow into their teen years, ofc they are going to like it and praise it.
>>
>>333460626
>game is unfinished. Eli escapes with Mantis, and that's the end of the game. Missions 51 iirc was completely finished and on disc but not implemented
>Skull Face is on screen maybe three times and has cheap death with no boss fight
>also, almost no boss fights. Skulls were minibosses at best. Sahalanthropus was an obvious reskin of REX fight (just shoot missiles at it), same with Quiet (the same sniper battle in every other game).
>The big twist just fucks with the series' entire continuity
>plot is a confusing mess with no real pacing, much less an ending
>game begins with elaborate scripted sequence that hints at a lot more than the game delivers
>Volgin is now an extradimensional demon that dies when he gets fucking squashed of all things
>Everyone's out of character yet again. Kiefer sounds nothing like Snake, so Kojima compensated by having him rarely speak. >Ocelot never betrays anyone, never leaves the Base, and is reliably on your side, out of character
>Miller is a sociopath, out of character
>Huey is an even bigger sociopath for no reason at all, out of character
>Boss just lets Huey go after abusing his trust time and again, murdering the mother of his child and releasing a mutated parasite that painfully killed his troops because we already know how Huey died from MGS2.
>why is Eli even here? Les Enfants Terribles could have been covered without ever meeting any of the clones
>Boss never crosses any lines or becomes the evil Boss from MG1. Boss was an asshole by the end of PW
I could go on, but these are the big ones. I'm no critic of the gameplay though, it's definitely a lot of fun to play, but that story was trash.
>>
File: 1444698612717.png (449 KB, 532x990) Image search: [Google]
1444698612717.png
449 KB, 532x990
>>333468149
>Story is fried dogshit. Fuck the ending. Fuck it hard.
Sounds like MGS4
>only 2 areas
Almost the same as MGS4, the first two chapters are the only ones that showcased the core mechanics since chapter 3 is just following one dude, chapter 4 has no human enemies, and chapter 5 is literally just one opening area that you can walk through in 2 minutes.
>no memorable boss battles. Skulls were just beefed up enemy soldiers. Not even the metal gear battle was anything special.
Sounds like 4 again where the only good boss was Laughing Octopus. Facing the Skull snipers head-on is probably better than most of the fights in 4.
>Those fucking cassette tapes, man.
As opposed to 4 that has little to no interesting codecs and unlike V you had to break away from gameplay to listen to them.

I'm OK with you hating V, but don't pretend it's the first offender in the series. Now if you were complaining about MGO3 compared to MGO2 then I'd be right there with you tearing MGSV a new asshole
>>
>>333468527
>as they grow into their teen years

>Doesnt realize he is a millennial by definition.
>>
>>333468387
>terrible play style
It plays perfectly fine. It's not as fleshed out as 3 was but when everything else is so much better it hardly matters. 3 had a fantastic combat system with a bad game built around it. DMC1 had a solid combat system with a great game built around it.
>>
I dont know who is more deluded

MGSVfags or RE6 apologists.
>>
>>333468527
>Believe it or not we played the games before Ground Zero.
>games
You're not fooling anyone, we know the only other one you played was 4.
>>
Because these people overhyped as much as they could, and when it wasn't the second coming of christ, they decided it was literally the worst thing of all time
>>
CAn you guys recommend me a movie to pirate while I eat this gross ass dinner?
>>
>>333468931
compared to GZ the game is legitimately bad

but anyone who looks at the game superficially (muh controls, muh more "options") wont ever understand
>>
>>333468780
>MGSVfags or RE6 apologists.
MGSV is an incomplete game with some really great core gameplay and a horse shit story in a franchise where the story had gone to horse shit over half a decade prior. RE6 is a directionless game with some really great core gameplay at the expense of distancing itself from its predecessors.

I don't really see anyone claiming either game is a 10/10 aside from obvious troll posts and the idiots who take the bait.
>>
It just didn't live up to the hype. Open World mechanics weren't necessary in MGS. The ending was such shit, and the whole game lacked the little details and humor that the series established. I'm not being contrarian or a raging fanboy, I am just genuinely disappointed in the last entry of my favorite series ever.
>>
>>333468556
Skull Face is meant to be a pathetic villain. How Snake and Miller deal with him is whats important.
>Miller is a sociopath, out of character
He's been through some shit. Seems realistic to me.
>Huey is an even bigger sociopath
It's probably because everyone thinks he's a traitor when in actuality he dindu nuffin.
>>
>>333468586
Show me in my post where I mentioned anything about V being worse than MGS4.
>>
>>333460626
half the game is filler
the story is almost non-existent and the twist was dumb
the open world was pointless and wasted your time
the side missions were boring because they often recycled areas you'd already been to

The presentation is really great and the core gameplay mechanics work, but that shouldn't be enough to get critical acclaim when the game itself is so flawed.
>>
>>333469342
His motives are confusing and contrived. He also lets a blind injun Frankenstein get the better of him. He's set up by the trailers and GZ to be the central villain and yet he hardly shows up, you're never really fighting him (XOF almost never shows up after the hospital) and he even sit you down in an anticlimactic, purely expository car ride where he spells out the fucking plot to you because Kojima couldn't figure out how to shoehorn plot into the filler missions.
>>
>>333468818
>projecting
So let me get this straight, you only played 4 and V?

Fuck, I feel so fucking bad for you, and to think that you go around MGS threads everyday spouting your opinions.

This is the type of people we browse /v/ with people.
>>
>>333469342
>went against Big Boss and Miller's orders and went forward with the UN inspection, which was the cause of MSF's destruction and Big Boss slipping into a coma for nine years.
>forced his 4 year old son to pilot a fucking metal gear.
>killed Strangelove by trapping her in the ai pod for being against the idea.
>helped Eli repair Metal Gear (whatever the fuck its name is) to be used against Venom later on
>was responsible for the second outbreak on mother base, which led to Venom being forced to kill his own men.
>dindu nuffin
>>
MGSV wasnt made for MGS fans
>>
>>333469902

I only played 1 2 and 5 cuz muh PC :(
>>
>>333470518
You can emulate 3, stupidhead.
>>
>>333470317
Speak for yourself, fagget.
>>
>>333470148
He genuinely thought the inspection was real and that he was helping.
The other shit you can't prove.
>>
>>333465057
>Who gives a shit about licensed weapons?

Look, not him, but fuck you, I give a shit about actual guns. Frankenguns are shitty, no matter what game they're in.
>>
>>333461006

I've been playing MGS games since 1999 and I still like TPP.

MGS1 > MGS2 = MGS3 = Ghost Babel > MGSV > Rising > Peace Walker > poop > MGS4
>>
>>333471096

I tried once and had too many problems, and just the other day I asked about it and someone said it's a hard game to emulate with lots of problems.

But I am a stupidhead, so maybe I am not doing it right, if you know where to get the game and the whole BIOS shit you supposedly need to run it, I'd love to try it.
>>
>>333471974

Nigga the internet is filled with emulation pages.

Also, MGS3 isn't that hard to emulate. If I played it on a Phenom II, it can be played on anything, except maybe shitty notebooks or cheap ass PCs
>>
>>333472123

EDIT: I also emulated it like 4 years ago, so there gotta be better builds at this point
>>
>>333471974
I don't know man I just googled "MGS3 rom" and downloaded pcsx2(or something), it prompted me to download some bios file and I googled it up (with the exact name displayed in the error message) and it all worked.
>>
>>333472123
>>333472215
>>333472283

Thanks anons, I'll give it another go.
>>
>>333472325
Btw don't be alarmed if the game runs like shit, it's the way it is suppose to run, PS2 couldn't handle all the foliage'n'shit.
>>
>>333471146
I didn't say some MGS fans wouldn't like it, although many don't

Its just at its core this game was simply not made for the core fans of the series, its more in line with some Ubisoft production with Kojima's name slapped all over it
>>
1 > 3 > 5 > 2=4

honestly, i could put v higher, but it's a tough thing to do

1 i like most because it was the one i played, but the reason i like 3 so much is because it had a good story, and i really loved the camo aspect, i loved being able to change on the fly and be a sneaky fuck

however... being older, and just more 'logical' in general, i realize how unrealistic and retarded the whole being able to change on the fly thing is, it's actually pretty stupid

however, while i found v's gameplay to be spectacular in so many ways, and i loved the flow and management of crap, the story was a little rocky, so i guess in the end i think of 3 being better than 5 because i honestly remember more of it even now

i remember tons and tons from 1, i remember tons from 3 and 5, but i barely remember anything from 4, and outside of the first part with snake i don't remember much from 2 either because i disliked raiden

i remember 4 having fun multiplayer with friends and some fun sneaking mechanics, but it was all kind of unfufilling

i'd probably play 5 again at some point just because of the replayability of it, but 1 will always be my favourite, the only way i could have 5 beat 3 for 2nd place is if i played through both again and ruined nostalgea by remembering how retarded it was that snake had like 50 outfits hidden up his ass
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.