[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you coming back to this game when the new content drops in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: destiny.jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
77 KB, 400x465
Are you coming back to this game when the new content drops in a couple of days?
>>
>New

Son, one strike in an already existing location hardly constitutes new. And before you say it, no, PoE with a scoreboard does not count either.

>one strike
>PoE with scoreboard
>debatable p2w contents added to Eververse

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
Yes. Can't wait.
>>
Yeah, ill play again now that they allow you to progress your character without being forced to do nothing but the raid.
>>
ya ill come back rehashed content and pay to win boxes but even with all that its still the best fps on the market.
>>
I don't even own it
>>
>>333449708
>new content

Like what? A higher light level Prison? ONE new strike? Microtransaction armor? Sure is a lot of new content! Bungie is dead
>>
Nope, I bought the game on launch day and haven't played it since 2014. The ridiculous content model and pricing quickly turned me off the game.
>>
This game isn't dead yet?

Haah waaw
>>
>>333450161
>p2w
>cosmetic armor that has the same perks as vendor armor
>won't know stats until you upgrade it
>>
I don't understand why people are claiming the DLC "fixed" the game.

The main game still sucks, is repetitive in gameplay, and has no coherent story. And you're still forced to play through all of that until you get to the DLC.

Like, I don't understand why Bungie doesn't just rework the levels you have to play through. Other mmo's do this. WoW does this, and it's all the better because of it. Fix your game, Bungie!
>>
>>333453198
The people that claim TTK "fixed" the game are massive fanboys, TTK hurt the game much more than it helped it.
>>
>>333453138
a loot game were you can buy the new fancy armor not p2w?
>>
when is everyone giving up on destiny?
>>
I stopped playing back in November. TTK was $40, what a fucking rip off. I haven't bothered to check Destiny news since, I think Bungie is either too incapable to create good content or Activision has them by the balls to the point where they're not allowed to release what they want. It's just old at this point, I'll check back in on Destiny 2 and maybe that game will be better, but I doubt it.
>>
>>333453316
it fixed some things but broke a lot of the fixes that HoW did.

The big fixes for TTK were basically raid counts for bounties and no more limits on currency per week.

>>333453380
>armor is 3 light
>to get it to 335 you still have to earn a 335 piece of armor
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 570x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 570x500
I bought this on xbone not knowing that 1/3 of the game was ps4 exclusive. I leveled up the three classes to level 30 or whatever the cap was but was pissed i was missing part of the game. Waited for the first 2 expansions, wasn't impressed. Could have been a much better game but I fucking dropped it mostly due to the greedy jew shit they pulled. The taken king sounded fun but after already sinking 75$ into the game, was not about to spend another 40$ especially since ps4 still had exclusive content. Fuck what Bungie has become. The biggest shame is that I actually did enjoy collecting exotics and playing with a few friends.
>>
>>333453578
Both of the first two DLCs were overpriced and shit, HoW was awful because it didn't add much at all, basically one strike and PoE but PoE was awful when you consider Bungie has experience with horde modes (Destiny is a horde mode lel) in Halo which was Firefight, and Firefight was ten times better.
>>
>>333453578
It invalidated literally every piece of non-TTK content, it was like going all the way back to square one for no good reason. I had a full set of Trials gear and Bungie just decided to tell me to fuck off and earn it again, even after they said they weren't going to do that
>armor is 3 light
>to get it to 335 you still have to earn a 335 piece of armor
I wouldn't call it P2W just yet, it's just another step towards it.
>>
>>333449708
>$140 for a still incomplete game with an in-game cash shop
>yet more PvP focused weapon/class nerfs
Bungie may have tricked me into pre-ordering the LE but I'm not so retarded as to stick my hand back into the fire after being burned.
Even if they gave TTK away for free I still wouldn't come back.
>>
>>333454008
>It invalidated literally every piece of non-TTK content

That is what I didn't like about TTK.

HoW added the etheric light system which gave incentive to run old content again. So what if VoG is level 30 armor? Just upgrade it to 34.

To even run the old raids in TTK is a joke since what use to take an hour can be pushed to 20 minutes(Skolas/Crota) due to the new weapons VoG is still hard due to mechanics
>>
>>333454508
>VoG is still hard due to mechanics
VoG had actual dev time to it, somewhere around a year or so if I remember correctly, it's why it's head and shoulders above every other piece of content in the game. What does Bungie do with such good content? Invalidate it
>>
>>333449708
probably for a day
lets be real they arent really adding anything
>>
>>333453578
its not pay to win because you have to farm a pointless level that just makes current endgame content even easier
>>
>>333454719
>>333454508
>VoG is still hard
Have you guys tried it at the higher light levels? With a couple of friends all in the 300s, we can damage him without even getting the buff from the mechanics and everything. Still necessary to run through the steps, but it's easier than pretty much every TTK strike just because of how weak everything is compared to you
>>
>>333456517
>with a couple of friends
>friends

Of course anything is easier with friends. Try running VoG with nothing but Y2 players who know nothing about oracles. Pretty bad when I have to break out super good advice just to save their asses
>>
>>333456517
I wouldn't call it hard, but its held its difficulty much better than CE or PoE, but I was talking more about overall quality than difficulty
>>
Never left famiglia

Want my true raifu Lord of Wolves back
>>
>>333449708

Too busy playing The Division.
>>
File: Not-Very_effective.png (39 KB, 600x830) Image search: [Google]
Not-Very_effective.png
39 KB, 600x830
>>333449708
>Destiny
>Content
Does not compute. This is the game with a "press X to deploy ghost" plot and "press A to gamble your look and never get anything" grind. There are like 5 things to do and none of them are any good. What kind of a cuck would play this snorefest?
>>
>>333456805
Well to be fair, if you're going into a raid you should have a group at least partially full of people you know which is exactly why I stopped playing. I don't particularly enjoy it, but it's nice to chill with friends, but now all they play is multiplats that I got on PC.

>>333456826
In that sense yeah, without a doubt, it's held up much better than pretty much every other piece of content in both quality and difficulty
>>
>>333449708
Is the content free?

If so, fuck yes.

If no, no.
>>
>>333457127
Yeah, the April update is free
https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/AprilUpdate
>>
>>333457127
"free" for those who own TTK
>>
>>333453198
Dude, it was shilling, like legitimately.
Activision shills quite hard here.
Both TTK and Black Ops 3 were borderline spammed at their launch.
>>
>>333457310
I own TTK, so yes, I'm hype now.
>>
>>333457184
>57184 ▶
>>>333457127
Just skimmed through it.

So it's just PoE and Winter's Run but with oh soooo spoooky Taken instead? Eat shit. Taken were already rehashed enemies, we don't need more of this shit Bungie.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.