[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dad bought me a Sega Genesis when I was a little boy >Bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1456947824070.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456947824070.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
>Dad bought me a Sega Genesis when I was a little boy
>Bought me a computer soon after that
>If he hadn't done this I wouldn't be on this shitty board wasting my life away, scrolling up and down as the hours zoom
>I'm so far gone from society I can't talk to people anymore
>I wasted my entire adolescence indoors, away from the realities of the world because of vidya

Did video games ruin your life /v/?
I know they've fucked mine
>>
I wouldn't say they fucked mine, I have good grades, work part time & some weekends go out with friends but on the inside I'm fucking crazy I talk to myself and hear voices
>>
>>333445762
Videogames did nothing to you.
You alone decided to fuck your entire life.
>>
>>333446053
Video games made it so easy to go down that road.
>>
>>333445762
I don't know about videogames but I would have been better off if I was introduced to whores at about 15.
>>
I wasn't allowed to go outside the house when I was a kid to begin with so videogames weren't much of a fuckup compared to whole childhood in general
>>
>>333446774
>I wasn't allowed to go outside the house

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>333446050
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>333445762
>Be me
>Be kid
>Not into videogames all that much, I perfered talking and hanging out with people.
>Try to make friends at school but I am poor and they looked down opon me because of it.
>They were rich Iphone heelie kids
>They start to bully me because I was poor and lived in a shit house
>I give up trying to hang out with others and start to play videogames alot more often
>Stopped going outside
>I slowly stopped watching TV and cartoons because they frequently showed kids hanging out with eachother and it reminded me what type of childhood I would never have.
>Gaming attiction gets worse, I'll go on 24 hour gaming sprees on the weekends
>Become socally akward because I have forgotten how to communicate with other kids
>School tries to label me autistic even though I am not.

Videogames kind of helped me through hard times anon. I was already an outcast before vidya
>>
>>333448338
Addiction* sorry had to correct myself
>>
>>333446774
What kinda shit parents dont let their kids outside unless they have some super serious medical condition.
>>
>>333448338
Burying yourself in video games is just a bandaid fix. It's never too late to fix your social skills. It'll be work but it's better than being depressed when you start to realise that you aren't really happy
>>
>>333448740
Is it that weird? I'm not that guy but my parents wouldn't let me leave the house either. The chances of an unattended kid getting into serious trouble are pretty high desu senpai. I still talked to people at school.
>>
File: 1459811996224.jpg (115 KB, 946x341) Image search: [Google]
1459811996224.jpg
115 KB, 946x341
>>333445762
Just as much as anime and movies did.
>>
My parents bought me a Nintendo but I was like 3 fucking years old so my mom played it for me until I could actually hold a controller.

I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>333448846
The good news is that I have peeled most of the bandaid off. I still play vidya but I got friends now who also plays games. Like IRL friends. So don't worry, things are improving for me. They are busy because they are in school/college and I am a graduate whos going to college this fall.

I hope every anon on this thread gets out of the severe addiction like I did. Remember, not all hope is lost friends.
>>
File: content.png (247 KB, 812x501) Image search: [Google]
content.png
247 KB, 812x501
>>333445762
>tfw without vidya I probbaly would have killed myself a long time ago
Vidya was really the only thing I would ever look forward to in my life whether it was coming home from school, failing in a job interview or getting turned down by someone I liked. Vidya was always there to cheer me up and lend out her hand to say "I know you are feelin down anon, but come with me anon I will help you to feel good again." I don't blame Vidya for the way I am now I blame myself for being so reliant on her for all these years. I love you Vidya and I don't where I would be if you hadn't entered my life and made it a joy worth living.
>>
File: 4863155.jpg (81 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
4863155.jpg
81 KB, 500x661
I don't think so. I'm 24, no longer attending college, working a shitty fast food job full-time, and I have a girlfriend and a kid, and video games is seriously the only thing I have in my life. It's really the only thing I look forward to anymore. It's essentially my only real hobby too, so it's pretty fucking boring when I get burned out by them.

I used to spend like eight hours a day at least on a computer, and I can say going outside was probably the worst thing I could've done.
>>
File: 98732.png (17 KB, 187x197) Image search: [Google]
98732.png
17 KB, 187x197
>>333448846
>It's never too late to fix your social skills.
>>
>>333450219
>I have a girlfriend and a kid
normie ree yadda yadda
>>
>>333449669
And they are here.
To corrupt the Vidya that you liked most.
with DLCs, Agenda, shitty rehashed, shitty indie games.

The only thing that support your life.
Will forever be changed.
What shall you do now?
>>
>>333450826
Barely even. I spent all of my free time playing video games and browsing this site. Then one girl likes me for some reason and it fucks up my life. Go figure.
>>
>>333451181
Ann Hiro
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (12 KB, 160x168) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
12 KB, 160x168
>>333448338
>They were rich Iphone heelie kids
Iphones?UNDERAGE DETECTED
>>
>>333445762
Funny, vidya actually improved my social skills. You see, I care much more about my current game playthrough progress or competitive game rank.

So I stopped being so nervous around people, I just don't give a shit. Literally just said "Hi" today to random couple near my house and we spent an afternoon drinking tea and discussing stuff.
>>
>>333448919
there's a difference between "leaving the house" and not being let outside by yourself to play

holy shit this is why i feel sorry for kids who grew up in cities
>>
>>333451537
Not underage, just an andriod poorfag.
>>
>>333451537
>IPhone 2007
>>
Fuck you, I'm the master of my own destiny.

I fucked my life up through my own sheer force of will, no video games will take my accomplishments from me.
>>
Oh, is it another one of these threads?

I'm going to be a wizard this year, is there something I should do before my birthday hits?
>>
>>333452293
Get laid :^)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.