[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ono Speaks about SFV's launch criticisms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 390x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 390x461
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/apr/06/if-we-had-more-features-ready-launch-street-fighter-5-probably-wouldve-been-better-received-ono-responds-sf5-launch-critics/

>"I think it's safe to say that we underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features," Ono said. "That said, we are excited about the two all-new single-player modes--character story and survival--and we have plans to continue to refine and expand onto those experiences."

>"The Capcom Pro Tour wasn't the only reason for why the game was released when it was. We understand that if we had more features ready at launch, it probably would've been better received by some of our more casual fans who tend to enjoy Street Fighter more via single-player content, as opposed to competitive play," explained Ono.

>"We are putting in a lot of effort to smooth out the server problems and address issues such as rage quitters, which is affecting players' online experience," he mentioned. "Once we are able to implement all the fixes we have in store, I'm confident fans will enjoy the online experience that much more."

Holy fuck I play this game everyday but Jesus fuck this is a travesty of damage control
>>
Seems pretty reasonable to me
>>
Haven't had much of a problem on PS4, but someone I know on PC takes like 10 minutes to get in a match.
>>
ONLY CASUALS PLAY SINGLEPLAYER ON FIGHTING GAMES
BACK IN THE DAY THEY HAD MORE MODES TO JUSTIFY THE BUY OF A SHITTY NON-PERFECT ARCADE PORT.
>>
>>333444241
And when the Saturn and Dreamcast came out we still got singleplayer content. And when consoles after that we still got singleplayer content.

The big issue with SFV not fucking launching with any content is the fact that the game was tweaked for the casual player, BUT THERE'S NOTHING IN IT THE CASUAL PLAYER WOULD WANT.
>>
>>333443286

>went up against a re-release of MKX and a pokemon fighter

MK is literally casual bait when it comes to singleplayer content. I don't know how they missed out.
>>
capcom has never given a shit about SF's story before im not expecting shit out of it
>>
File: 1287095988155.jpg (41 KB, 479x355) Image search: [Google]
1287095988155.jpg
41 KB, 479x355
>incredibly high button latency
>we wanted the pro audience
>casuals complain too much
>>
>>333443286
>>"I think it's safe to say that we underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features,"
:)
>>
>>333444241
Yeah but the multiplayer sucks as well

>literally NO penalty to disconnecting

Are you fucking kidding me? How incompetent could you be
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1500x1125
>>333444834
Yeah this is what baffles me. I guess MH doesn't allow Capjew to have deep enough pockets like WB.

I'm apart of the crowd that wanted this early but in all honesty it should have been out early next year.

GG's tutorial mode makes SFV feel like an after thoughts after thought lol
>>
seems less like damage control and more like "yeah we fucked up." it's a start at least, but you fuck up so many times and people stop trusting you.
>>
>>333447198
Sadly they ain't telling us nothing new and most people who are casual are going to give a fuck. Hopefully the game catches its second wind buy EVO.

Story expansion+Hype for a new character+New Modes+Bug fixes.

If they advertise the shit outa this it might bring back some of the jaded casuals.
>>
>>333443286
>"The Capcom Pro Tour wasn't the only reason for why the game was released when it was. We understand that if we had more features ready at launch, it probably would've been better received by some of our more casual fans who tend to enjoy Street Fighter more via single-player content, as opposed to competitive play," explained Ono.

CASUALFAGS BTFO
>>
>>333447762
>If they advertise the shit outa this it might bring back some of the jaded casuals.
Why? we already havep opele hollering like monkeys that the game isn't for casuals. I say embrace your memes.
>>
>>333447929
And we still have causal hollering like monkeys about how it doesn't have shit in it.

I'd embrace the meme more if they didn't have a point. Especially when other fighting games with less hold in the mainstream are doing it better

But I partially blame Sony for this.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.