[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing the DMC 3 for the first time, loving it mostly, but got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: DMC3_Title_Screen.jpg (144 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DMC3_Title_Screen.jpg
144 KB, 1280x960
Playing the DMC 3 for the first time, loving it mostly, but got crushed by Cerebrus over and over. Am I supposed to watch videos on how to beat all the bosses before I start playing again or is dying repeatedly because my strategy will never work just part of the "fun"?
>>
>>333421319
git gud
>>
>>333421893
by watching the guides beforehand?
>>
>>333422105
If it's your first time trial and error are going to be the best way to figure out what to do. Watching guides destroys the experience.
>>
>>333421319
Either use your guns or switch to swordmaster in order to be able to hit the heads. And never use a guide/walkthrough
>>
>>333422105
Yes, sweetheart.
>>
>>333421319
>watch videos
>checking guides
DMC 3 is one of those rare games where if you're not good, than you will literally not finish it
>>
>>333422294
so you're advocating watching a tutorial on youtube? It seems like cheating, but I just died 8x in a row
>>
For new players Cerberus seems like an insurmountable challenge. Forget everything you know about action games, DMC works differently. and remember that there are a lot of iframes for rolling and jumping. Learn how to cancel, it's very important.
>>
>>333422394
no it means you literally suck shit at the game and mimicing other people isn't going to help you
>>
>>333421319

DMC3 is odd because cerberus is such a difficulty spike for new playthroughs due to you having basically nothing

use your handguns to knock off his ice shields and then just use rebellion combos basically
>>
>>333422537
helpful
>>
use guns to take down the ice
jump and use Aerial Rave (you should be using Swordmaster) followed by shotgun blast until he's dead

remember that jumping and dodge rolling have invincibility frames
remember that he calls out his attacks well before he does them with voice clips
>>
>>333422757
His attacks are pretty telegraphed as well.
>>
>>333421319
once you learn how to jump cancel he becomes easy as fuck in repeat playthroughs.
>>
>>333422394
>died 8x in a row
That's how Cerberus is for the first time. One of hardest boss battles when starting the game for the first time.
>>
>dying on Cerebus

Jesus fucking christ how awful can you be
>>
>>333422757
>use guns to take down the ice
ebony and ivory are like pea shooters. They do virtually no damage on anything.
>>
>>333422190
this, just keep trying anon.
>>
>>333422460
Cerberus was the ice dog near the beginning right? DMC3 was my first and I never found Cerberus hard. Only died to him twice.
>>
>>333421319
>my strategy will never work
That means your strategy is shit. Think of a new one. Using a walkthrough or a guide is a bitch move.
>>
>>333423127
Because people try to bum rush it, on account of Dante being a successfully bum rushing kinda guy.

Little realizing that you're supposed to sit back with your guns, and using sword strikes sparingly. Which is boring.
>>
>>333422757
>use guns to take down the ice

Literally this. if you do that it's pretty easy actually...
>>
>>333423325

damage isnt a factor, the handguns have the highest rate of fire so they're better at removing the ice barriers on each head
>>
>>333421319
>watching guides for dmc3
You will still get rekt regardless, so git gud.
>>
Sit back and watch the boss. Have you never played a real game before?
Learn his patterns and use them.
>>
>>333421319
Cerberus is probably one of the hardest bosses in the game the first time you play. He's harder than a lot of the other earlier bosses combined with the fact that you're at your weakest since you don't have any weapons or health powerups yet.
Just shotgun the ice off his heads and the try to melee them a bit and be careful. The fights a real bitch the first time so don't worry.
>>
>>333423773
>Have you never played a real game before?
not one this hardcore
>>
>>333422294
>tfw i suck at video games but beat DMC3

thanks for making me feel better about myself
>>
>>333423891
Seriously? What about fucking Mario? Same shit. Have some goddamn patience. You'd tear your hair out playing Castlevania.
>>
Cerberus is a casual filter. The whole game is really.

The game basically weeds out the casual scum from the hardcore, cultured video game enthusiasts such as myself.
>>
>>333421319
I still don't get this meme. Are you playing on Hard or something? That's the only way I can see having trouble with the first boss.
>>
>>333424031
Castlevania is easymode compared to this
>>
>>333424185
Nah.
>>
theres like an unlimited demon mode glitch you can use to trash the game if i remember right. you probably don't have it that early
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.