[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: mgsvtpp 2015-09-05 16-19-26-65.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2015-09-05 16-19-26-65.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
MGSV is an odd game. It's a game you can't hate because it is polished to extreme with sublime gameplay and excellent presentation. But you can't love it either since it doesn't embody the best of MGS. It lacks the narrative punch that made previous MGS games special. And it ultimately ends on an unsatisfying note that feels more like a crude joke than the conclusion of a saga.

Do you think MGSV is a good game? I believe if it didn't carry the MGS name and had a standalone story, it would've probably been received in a much more positive light.
>>
Honestly I could replay missions for fun and all that because I have a good time in the harder mode of chapter 2 but man, it still breaks my heart the story is so lackluster and most of the missions are just "kill/extract this guy".
>>
>>333413305
It's sorely obvious Kojima wasn't as involved. Some missions, yes, but not many.

Just look at the Ground Zeroes main story mission-- remember when you had to find out where they took Chico and Paz by only listening to a tape? That shit was neat as fuck, where was all that kinda cool shit in MGSV?

To this day GZ > MGSV.

Yours,
A loyal Kojima Nut Hugger till the end.
>>
mgs4 was the conclusion of the saga
>>
>>333415519
yea, 10% of the content is a much better game

you MIGHT be able to get away with "gz is a better mgs experience" but it is by no means a better game or game experience
>>
I wonder if Metal Gear is intentionally nuke/deterrent propaganda. The games seriously seem to threat MAD like it's a gift from god.
>>
>>333413153
Nope, I can and do love it. Your reasons listed don't cause me to exclude the game from 'loved', despite them being true. They're just not enough to make it unlovable.
>>
>>333413153
Its definitely one of the most crafty and ingenious and underhanded games by a designer that I've ever seen, not just in how it ends but in how it was the last MGS game that matters since that faggot has now left and how it was knowingly unfinished and that it being unfinished was possibly intentional and part of his great plan to 4thwall the player, makes you wonder whether kojima is just a cunt who likes to fuck shit up and get away with it, no wonder konami got tired of his faggot bullshit, if I had been in charge of konami I would have yakuzad his fucking ass long ago, jk lmao he's not that bad but he is a bit of a cunt tbqh

Mgsv is going to be the 7th/8th gen version of Ocarina or SOTC, people will discuss it way after the current gen is over
>>
>>333415519
>GZ > MGSV
If considered per hour enjoyment, definitely. Nothing in TPP was as captivating as finding Chico and Paz.
>>
>>333413153
I liked it, but I didn't like the fact almost every goddam mission had the same structure.

I think it would have been nicer if they sprinkled it up now and then with some more with more linear sequences (stuff you could get from MGS3 for example) with more limited equipment maybe.

I enjoy sandboxes as much as anyone but missions can feel kinda samey.
>>333415519
Yeah same here.

I would pay to get one map missions like these now and then
>>
>>333413153
I think that's fair to say. I feel about the same. I think another act in another region, alpine to get some snow/cold impact, and tie up the story less wtf suddenly would have made a big difference.
>>
>>333413153
>polished to extreme
What? The game screams "Unfinished product"
Granted, the presentation and controls are excellent, no doubt. But the actual meat is quite lacking
>>
>>333417225
>the presentation and controls are excellent, no doubt
That's what polished means in this case. Simply moving Snake feels so responsive and smooth compared to other open-world games where the protagonist often controls like a tank.
>>
>>333416436
>Anonymous 04/06/16(Wed)15:07:35 No.333416436>>333413153(OP)
>Its definitely one of the most crafty and ingenious and underhanded games by a designer that I've ever seen, not just in how it ends but in how it was the last MGS game that matters since that faggot has now left and how it was knowingly unfinished and that it being unfinished was possibly intentional and part of his great plan to 4thwall the player, makes you wonder whether kojima is just a cunt who likes to fuck shit up and get away with it, no wonder konami got tired of his faggot bullshit, if I had been in charge of konami I would have yakuzad his fucking ass long ago, jk lmao he's not that bad but he is a bit of a cunt tbqh
>Mgsv is going to be the 7th/8th gen version of Ocarina or SOTC, people will discuss it way after the current gen is over

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>333417453
Ah, I see. My mistake. I agree with you, then
>>
>>333413153
Gameplay got stale. Yeah you COULD do a lot of things, but after the 15th straight retrieve/save prisoner X then it gets boring.

Also Skulls & Sahelantropus really fucked up the tech in everything.
>>
>>333413153
>excellent presentation
Character models aside the graphics were pretty shitty
>>
>>333413153
I think the open world hurt it too much. I wasn't infiltrating Grozny Grad or Shadow Moses or anything cool like that; I was sneaking around small outposts in the middle of nowhere. If they gave the game ten or so smaller maps with more work put into them instead of two empty big ones, then I'd have found it more enjoyable. The soviet base in Afghanistan and the mansion in Africa were the only two places I really enjoyed sneaking around.

A better story and a proper ending would've done wonders too, and I can't for the life of me see why they couldn't give Boss some fucking lines. He may as well have been a silent protagonist.
>>
>>333415519
gz > mgsv is a stupid meme that needs to die

have you actually played gz? i mean really, have you? that shit is janky as fuck compared to mgsv. i just bought it on psn because it was on sale for 5$ and i hadn't played it since launch and i totally forgot how bad the controls are.

it's a good prologue and that's it. ground zeroes' gameplay sucks and the matter of the fact is it's also exactly like mgsv, you do multiple missions in the same area.

you jumped on the gz>mgsv bandwagon because you're a trendy contrarian faggot that likes to fit in to whatever is the popular opinion on /v/.
>>
Well that's your opinion.

I liked the ideas behind it, but I HATED the gameplay. One of probably only 5-10 games I've spent more than 30 bucks on in the past few years and I couldn't force myself to play more than 25 hours, I hated most of it. I think the gameplay is terrible, but I did love the presentation.
>>
>big medic
>took the blast from paz and survived the chopper collision with a missing arm and a body full of shrapnel
>was still conscious afterward
>big boss
>folded like a lawnchair behind big medic, using him as a pillow in the crash
>falls into a coma for NINE YEARS because he is so fucking weak
>has big medic get his revenge for him because he's a cuck
still, why do I have to stare at a gay little LE DEMIN belt hanging from venom snakes ass in every outfit. fuck you kojima
>>
>>333413153
>sublime gameplay

How? I don't even care about the story but the actual gameplay is solid 7 at best. The game isn't near as polished as the other games in terms of level design. It's fucking boring due to the open world. The mission objectives suck too.
>>
>>333419409
>gay
it was the best graphic in the entire game.
>>
>>333419150
At least the extra ops aren't EXTRACT PRISONER #2359 for the umpteenth time.
>>
>>333419409
Was BB really in a coma? I got the impression that he got out of it scot free.
>>
he's already got a 3 strap eyepatch, a ponytail, a robot arm, rolled up sleeves and a horn that looks obnoxious when it's big. the useless belt is too much
>>
>>333413153
The vehicles in this game were fucking garbage. Who thought it was a good idea to make Motherbase another fucking oil rig platform? Fucking stupid. Fuck Kojima and fuck the MGSV lovers.
>>
Reminder that canon made by Hideo is
>MGS1
>MGS2
Everything afterwards is Kojima's evil fanfiction
>>
>>333419894
he wakes up a week or two before medic does
>>
>>333415519
Bro, Kojima said a long time ago that 90% of the game was made by him.
>>
>>333416436
Kojima had mentioned that MGSV was not the end, but just another adventure for Big Boss.

But then Kojima got fired.

Who knows what we would have gotten.
>>
>>333415909
It's the other way around. Nukes are treated as evil itself. Deterrence and MAD are constantly shit on.

Nuclear anything is considered wrong, the people who build and hold nukes are villians.

Want proof, go build a nuke in MGS5, what happens? You become a devil, covered in blood. You lose 50,000 heroism points. Killing your own men is only 20. If you unlock it, killing a child would only be a few hundred. Killing innocent animals isn't much either.

Child killing and animal cruelty won't turn you into a demon, but building one nuke makes you beyond saving.

Gameplay furthers this by nukes providing no benefit, but lots of problems to your bases, and rewarding people for taking down nukes and dismantling them.

Its not subtle at all.
>>
>>333419894
He was.

BB was in a coma along with the Medic, and in that time, Ocelot and Zero decided to create Venom in order to protect BB.

Then BB woke up before Medic, who was now Venom, who is actually the Big Boss you kill in Outer Heave, which is not the real Big Boss, but the real Big Boss is the one you kill (sort of) in Zanzibarland.
>>
i want to play MGS V but i'm not having fun with MGS1 or the Twin Snakes remake

what do
>>
>>333420420
self hypnosis to forget metal gear
>>
>>333420312
>It's the other way around. Nukes are treated as evil itself. Deterrence and MAD are constantly shit on.
>Nuclear anything is considered wrong, the people who build and hold nukes are villians.
The thing is that the whole point of the first 3 games, and even MG1 and 2 is taking out of commission shit that would disrupt the balance of MAD. Being histerically against nukes and demonstrating that nukes and MAD are a blessing in disguise more than anything seems to be a staple of japanese games.
>>
>>333420401
shit like this is why kojima was tossed out into the gutter for being a hack
>>
>>333420420
Play MGS2, MGS3, then Peace Walker.

It´s what I did.
>>
>>333413153
Yes, MGSV (TPP) is a good game. It's justa massive disappointment. Hell MGS4 was a much better send off on the series.

MGSV GZ however was fucking amazing. If TPP had just been GZ x20 with custom loadouts and base building, and a proper narrative, it would have been the greatest MGS title ever.
>>
No, I do not think it's a good game.

The gameplay is really well done, but it never gets more challenging or more varied than how it is done at the beginning. A mario game has very good gameplay, but it builds upon itself the further into the game you get. MGSV never builds its gameplay.

The part that makes it a bad game is the lack of story. There is no ultimate payoff or no real interesting missions unlike EVERY OTHER METAL GEAR. The best part of the game was the first mission...the hospital one.

I remember playing it and I was like "HOLY SHIT, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AWESOME" and it only let me down.

Gave this game a fair shot and played it a lot, but when I look back on all the time I spent on it I just feel stupid for every wasting time on it. Biggest gaming letdown in years.
>>
>Cant call peaquod to relocate yourself in afeghanistan or africa despite the function being available at mother base, forcing you to leave the continent just to select another drop zone.
>Map is big but there is hardly anything going on, no local militia attacking russian outposts, no roaming skull units.
>Lack of side missions variety
>Motherbase itself is rather boring, the soldier's dialog get repetitive pretty fast and there is almost nothing going on there.

This game is a mixed bag to me, it does have some quality here and there, but there is a lot of things missing on this game.

Overall its a 7/10
>>
>>333415519
>remember when you had to find out where they took Chico and Paz by only listening to a tape?

I had map markers all over my screen and Kaz was giving me all the answers, that wasn't impressive.
>>
>>333413153
I don't like the stealth in this game. I don't feel it has "sublime gameplay" either. The enemies are too short sighted and there's no difficulty modes like in the previous entries. Since most areas lack cover to move around unseen you are left forced to use the crawling and rolling method which consist on rolling in the ground to the objective and pretty much no one will see you if you are farther away that 20 -in game- meters from the enemies. The camouflage doesn't do anything at all in this game. The tranq pistol is op as always and so is the cqc. The adaptive difficulty thing like adding claymore mines is gay.
>>
>>333413153
>you can't hate because it is polished to extreme with sublime gameplay and excellent presentation
If you knock men unconscious with tranquilizers or sleeping gas next to a manned tank while undetected, the tank will instantly honk and wake them up despite the drugs in their veins.
If you throw someone in the back of a truck, he will slide around and clip through the truck until the non-functioning physics kill him.
If you put too many bodies in a small space, men will begin phasing in and out of existence and turning into pillars of green smoke.
D-Dog has unlimited Fultons that cost no GMP.
Fuck you, I hate it.
>>
>>333421424
Yeah, I think this is the problem.

It is a fun and a really good sandbox with many tools. The problem is that every level plays out the same if you play it the same. This was not the case with other metal gears.

They should have spiced it up some more, I wish there were parts in the game were you did more sneaking in large indoor areas.

And while I liked unlocking equipment I found the motherbase aspect to be worse and more intrusive than in PW
>>
MGSV is a game people will still be talking about in 10 years. People will never accept what they got.
>>
File: 022e.png (99 KB, 524x131) Image search: [Google]
022e.png
99 KB, 524x131
>>333413153
If it has sublime gameplay, how come no one plays nor talks about it anymore, and how come I only got this far before before getting sick to death of it

The guns sucked, the stealth was mediocre, the level design was awful, the world was barren and pointless, and the vehicles were crap. It all got stale insanely fast

Irredeemably dull. I can only assume people that praise any part of it are just colossal fanboys
>>
>>333420149
>long time ago
>>
>>333420029
No, Medic was awake the whole time, he was deep in hypnosis right after Big Boss woke up
>>
File: 1435816959912.jpg (9 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
1435816959912.jpg
9 KB, 191x263
>see friend on PSN has 90% trophies for this game
>message him and tease him about it
>he gets actually offended and says he loves the game
>I distinctly remember this same friend 2 years prior telling me he thought MGS as a series sucked
>>
>>333413153
the only reason i disliked the game cause its not finished. otherwise i had fun with it, side ops can get boring
>>
>>333419894
BIg Boss was, not Venom. After Big Boss first woke up, they put Venom in the hypnosis state, meanwhile BB was recovering and sleeping most of the time so it took him like weeks before he noticed Venom.
>>
>>333420567
>Being histerically against nukes and demonstrating that nukes and MAD are a blessing in disguise more than anything seems to be a staple of japanese games.

Hysterically against nukes is, but they don't think MAD is a blessing in disguise. The Japanese literally cannot fathom a single good thing about nukes, deterrance, MAD or anything.

Hell, 99% of them think nuclear power for energy is the devil. If it deals with fusion or fission power, it's evil in Japanese eyes.
>>
>>333420525
would that work
>>
I'm assuming all the people around here who praise MGS for its narrative have never actually read a good story.
>>
>>333423920
>play good game
>like game
>still don't like series
HOW DARE YOU CHANGE YOUR OPINION - you
really? I ve always loved MGS and I loved this one as well and I know what you are meme'ing at but your friend can change his mind after playing the GOTY with a albeit admittedly poor ending. Maybe he is just not a story fag?
>>
I just fucking WISH you could replay missions quickly like in Ground Zeroes. Instead of sitting through the fuckin chopper ride each time. GZ was fun to replay missions over and over trying to find the best routes and shit.
>>
>mfw Kojima gutted 90% of snakes lines to satisfy his boner for Mad Max
>wasting dev time and money
>Konami sees this and decides to reel him in
>Konami is seen as the bad guy
>Somehow this is all blamed on Kiefer, even though what little voice work was kept in the game blew the fuck out of every hayter performance since mgs1
>neckbeards all over the internet call Kiefer a drunk because he went out for drinks with 'the boys' once or twice and did some stupid funny shit
>Kojima got away with everything, despite being the author of all mgs fans pain

I know people like to think Kojima is like BB, but really he's like skullface, hates everyone, completely fucks everything up behind the scenes, and other people take the fall for it.
>>
>>333425217
NO THIS CANT BE TRUE I CANT CONPREHEND KOJIMA BEING WRONG RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333424158
My point is that even if they try at their hardest to demonize nukes they end up with inadvertently demonstrating that MAD is necessary.
>>
>>333425217
>mfw Kojima gutted 90% of snakes lines to satisfy his boner for Mad Max

Please tell me this isn't true.

This can't be the real reason, surely.
>>
File: 1458778718962.jpg (298 KB, 996x851) Image search: [Google]
1458778718962.jpg
298 KB, 996x851
>>333424330
>reading for story
>not reading for prose
>not watching for cinematography
>>
>>333424330
Out of curiosity, whats a 'good story' in your eyes?
>>
>>333424330
Oh look, it's the inevitable pretentious idiot.
>>
>>333425217
I've thought about this, and maybe Kojima is a hack. The best aspect of MGS was the story and since Fukushima left they've become much worse. Kojima even used the same shitty explanation for everything in both MGS 4 and 5, nanomachines and parasites
>>
>>333425665

Hell, their 3 non nuclear principles specifically state that they only work while Japan is under the US nuclear umbrella. They're such fucking hypocrites about it, drives me nuts when they get all pissy about nukes despite loving the 60 years of protection power and peace they've provided them.
>>
>>333425676

Half true.

Kojima has stated that he wanted Snake in MGS5 to be more of an observer and interacting with others, like Mad Max was in the Road Warrior.

But a lot of Snakes lines also got cut when Konami decided to cut corners and not do most of Chapter 2 and 3. So, there's about 15 missions that never happened where some of those lines might have been used as well, including some of the smaller things. Paz's sub plot was going to be bigger, but never happened, and there's a lot of audio that doesn't get used for the version of Paz's story we get in the vanilla form of the game.
>>
>>333428060
I found it extremely ridiculous how Peace Walker, the silliest game in the series, debated the nuclear umbrella principle. It was hidden in a tape convo, but still.
>>
>>333428347
Paz's side story was still pretty wonderful. That was my favorite part about the game, After the cutscene I listened to the tape and almost lost it.
>>
File: 1424612174317.jpg (28 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1424612174317.jpg
28 KB, 441x408
>>333415641
>>
It's like that Zelda meme. 4 was too many cutscenes, this one is too much gameplay
>>
>>333429315
And the snail mission.
Don't forgot the snail mission. God that hurt.
>>
>>333423009
Yeah, the thing it had was sublime controls and movement
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.