[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEVER EVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Rock.png (388 KB, 720x684) Image search: [Google]
Rock.png
388 KB, 720x684
NEVER EVER
>>
>>333392681

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I really wanted to play this.

You cheap fucking pirates ruined it for the rest of us.
>>
>>333392681
Good. Who the fuck wants to play a lounge party game on PC
>>
>>333392823
Go fuck yourself. No one sane was going to buy into that kickstarter.
>>
>>333392823

A game so shitty at a gaming event I went to recently they set up Dance Central instead. If people didn't want on consoles why would they want it on PC?
>>
The Kickstarter was a fucking joke. That is way too much money to throw down on what is almost objectively the worst Rock Band game. On top of that the PC user base would be getting shafted because PC never got the previous games to port the catalog over.

This is retribution for the Amplitude Kickstarter where Harmonix refused to even consider a PC port. Boy I guess you fuckers were right, the demand for rhythm games on PC just isn't that high, guess you have to fucking deal with those shit console sales on what is one of your most expensive games. It would be a shame if not being able to get those PC sales bankrupted you stupid idiots.
>>
File: 1459626490337.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1459626490337.gif
103 KB, 458x438
>people don't want the game so they don't kickstart it
>gloat about those same people not getting the game
>>
>>333393024
>>333393453

It wasn't a Kickstarter.

It was tim shafer's very own scamstarter, fig.
>>
>>333393769
Same thing. The actual platform is irrelevant.
>>
File: image.png (326 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
326 KB, 1000x750
>pcucks
>>
>1.5 mil to fund a port
there's no way they could ever possibly need that much just to port it.
>>
>>333393921
That post would make more sense if this situation wasn't literally the devs trying to push the game on PC players who refused it.

>>333394069
It's probably because of the licensing and not the development itself.
>>
>>333392681
>he browses Kotaku
>>
Theyre fuckin dumb. I hardly think they need 1.5 mil for that. Plus pccucks have no friends to play rockband with anyways.
>>
>>333392681
I had songs lined up for RBN, depressing but expected result. Rock in Peace.
>>
File: 1457174917371.jpg (14 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1457174917371.jpg
14 KB, 360x240
>>333392823
>Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
File: CPoOrDhW8AECjiD.jpg-large.jpg (75 KB, 960x725) Image search: [Google]
CPoOrDhW8AECjiD.jpg-large.jpg
75 KB, 960x725
>>333392681
>mfw we don't even get RBN for Consoles
>mfw I'll never get to play I'm Blue again
>>
>>333392681

What a surprise. Shit series that died for a reason.
Good riddance.
>>
>>333395964

1.5 mil for a port, not even gamers get scammed so easily.
>>
>>333394069
1.5 million is fucking generous for a game that has no known fanbase on the PC platform

Porting something over still means adjusting the game to run on a various different hardware, licensing cost of music, and advertising which all adds up in costs
>>
>>333392681
>played the shit out of Rock Band with friends in college
>continued trend w/ 2 and 3
>4 announced, pretty hype
>setlist is utter shit, some minor changes that seem pretty cool but overall meh
>bought shit tons of songs for the 360 but now have a PS4, no way to transfer them

I'll still probably pick it up eventually
>>
>>333396492
IIRC the goal for fucking Shenmue 3 was $1.5 mil and that was with a fanbase that was small, but vocal but made almost $7 probably due to the hype from E3
>>
>>333396663
If you want me to shill, the most played game on PS4 for me. The game is fantastic with friends and there are a couple favorites like
Light Up The Night by The Protomen and
You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac.
>>
>There is no audience on PC

10 years to late to try to scam people with a port.

Anyway, the genre is dead
>>
>>333393453
There is demand, just not for butt-rock guitar games.
>>
>>333392681
It's not like people here have friends to play RB with haha

;_;
>>
>>333397798

I came so close to buying an Xbone to get RB4 just so I could play the protomen
>>
>>333398431
FUCKING gamestop had the guitar bundle for like $70, I payed full price band set and still think it was worth it, even though the fucking Madcatz drums work when they want to.
>>
File: 132512345.png (15 KB, 209x220) Image search: [Google]
132512345.png
15 KB, 209x220
Who cares when Phase Shift exists?
>>
I'm just glad a Fig campaign finally failed. I think the Jay and Silent Bob game probably had some backdoor shady """backer""" to make sure it hit its goal at the end.

Sucks for Harmonix but they should have known PC players wouldn't be willing to back so high. Frets on Fire is still around and still free for one, but I think the couch co-op stigma that is already on PC is probably amplified for something like Rockband.

I don't think RB4 did amazing to begin with. Mad Catz were being dropped for this which was a bad sign.
>>
>>333397594
Virtually everything is different between these two projects though. Shenmue 3 is a cult classic with a respectably sized fanbase that then got the huge E3 bump.

RB4 was going to be a late port for a mediocrely received game in a virtually dead genre.
>>
>>333395793
I've never had a donut like that.
>>
>>333398865
I almost bit so hard, I remember that sale. Fug. My favorite is drums though but I live on a 2nd floor apartment so I'm sure the redneck and his gf below me would be super pissed
>>
>>333393276
I went to a game event where they were playing Rock Band 4 but I'm standing at a safe distance, drinking fizzy water, eating puff pastry canapes and chatting to another colleague about politics in the Philippines. I'm having an OK time.

I'm supposed to be focusing my attention on Rock Band 4, but there's more chance of Ferdinand Marcos leaping onto that stage than there is of me mounting the boards, swinging a guitar strap around my neck and yelling "whooooooo."

I don't care about rock music. I dislike crowds and I dislike loud noises. I don't do public performances, excepting "Toastmasters" which I enjoy from time-to-time, along with half a dozen accountants, schoolteachers and self-improvement nutters.
>>
>>333392681
But dont PC already have a free copy-cat?
Frets on fire? You can import all the songs from GH to it as well.
Why would you need GH then?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.