[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Log into a high population NA server on WoW (Tichondrius)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (490 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
490 KB, 1060x1500
>Log into a high population NA server on WoW (Tichondrius)
>Literally nobody in Orgrimmar besides gold spammers and a few low levels
>Only 3 people dueling outside of Orgrimmar
>World feels dead and empty
>Do a player search and find that everyone is AFK at their Garrison or leveling some alt in random places

What the fuck happened to WoW's millions of subscribers? The game honestly feels even more dead than FFXIV.
>>
Its wednesday morning

Same shit happened during TBC, people have lives, they work and study.
>>
>>333390435
This was on a Friday afternoon
>>
IIRC, WoW has more RMT bots and chinks than actual players in the NA/EU now.

That's part of the reason why Blizzard stopped announcing their sub numbers by region in their financial reports to investors.
>>
Wow is old now. I know a guy who has played since day one and thinks the newer expansions ruined the game.
>>
WoD killed WoW
>>
>>333390828
i'd say that cata killed it.
>>
WoW has less players on NA than FFXIV now. Even private servers are more bustling than retail.

https://youtu.be/vR20QH5UHoM
>>
>>333390272
I'm glad this game is dying. It's way past its prime time, just like AVGN. Blizzard should just let it go and focus on other projects, that's the only way they could redeem themselves.
>>
Well, what do you expect from a game that has taken out all reasons to interact with people (even to the point of discouraging said interaction, like RDF offering you a buff for grouping up with randoms while players are encouraged to act as selfish as they can possibly get away with since you're unlikely to ever meet the other players again) and reasons to get out in the world besides high-end raiding?
>>
>>333390272
WoW really only has about a million active players left, if that. Blizzard said more in their final sub count, but we all know at least half of that was flaky Asians and a quarter was probably fluff. Half of those "active" players sit in Garrisons all day, a quarter are leveling in the empty old worlds, and the other quarter are in their queue'd instance away from everyone.

It's sad that even with a million players the retail game is monumentally more empty than a private server with 2-5k people. It's tragic that MoP came seriously close to resolving the issues WoW had since end-Wrath through all of Cata, accepting the casual aspects and rolling with it, while still providing challenging and engaging content for top players. The pvp was pretty great too, definitely in the top 3 of best expansions for pvp. It's tragic that WoD threw this all away with a smug grin.
>>
>>333391098
That's hilarious.
>>
>>333390272
People still play WoW? That game is old enough to drive now.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_040616_162904.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_040616_162904.jpg
392 KB, 1920x1080
come
home
white
man
>>
>>333391037
Wrath killed it desu

Introduced gear score, achievements, dungeon finder, faceroll heroic dungeons, and 12 month raid tier cycles.
>>
File: cuck.png (667 KB, 1084x573) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
667 KB, 1084x573
>>333391851
DELETE THIS
>>
As pathetic as it sounds the fondest memories of my childhood are from WoW vanilla and FFXI. I didn't get to go on many vacations.

So sad to see them both basically walking corpses at this point.
>>
>>333391851
But I'm a fucking night elf you faggot
>>
>>333391851
Too bad Nostalrius is filled with chinks who pay the admins to RMT on their server to keep the server up without donations.
>>
>>333391851
Been playing on Nost for few weeks, and it's really weird to see all those people running around in zones, that have been empty at retail. Almost ten years ago i was playing on private servers that felt like current WoW, and now it's other way around. Weird.
>>
>>333391851

>That feel when want to pvp on the pvp server
>Can't level at all because of everyone else
>>
>>333390272
>>333390521
>i-it was friday I swear! I just decided to post this today
>wow is d-dead!
kek
>>
>>333392195
The worst part is that they were both ruined by their own developers. FFXI was killed in anticipation of the shit show that was FFXIV, and WoW, well, we all know the story there.
>>
>>333391876
>Introduced gear score
That's an addon, nothing Blizzard could really do about.

Then again, you can think of many individually bad designs that contributed to it becoming popular, such as homogenized itemization where higher ilvl is a good indication about the item's value (particularly in 3.2 and 3.3) combined with outrageous gear scaling (one tier higher gear boosts performance way too much) and faceroll content (the entirety of 5-mans, T7 and T9) conditioning the players into mindset of expecting all content to go down effortlessly ("it's not enough that we can beat the content, I'm not playing if we can't bruteforce it such that we don't even need to care about mechanics) and alienating them from the concept of building up a network of reliable players you know to be capable.
>>
Is it worth playing on Nostalrius now? How is the ping on the server? I live in the US East.
>>
>>333390435
Even on the weekend the game feels dead as fuck. People still AFK in their garrisons and there's not much to do other than queue for a daily dungeon or raid HFC yet again.
>>
>>333391098
>that video
kek
>>
File: aaaa.png (40 KB, 150x106) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
40 KB, 150x106
>tfw tired of the game after 20somethingth mythic HFC clear
>tfw the only thing keeping me going is parsing/ranking and my guild
>tfw my realm class rank 1 is slipping away because my guild won't do sanic clears because people are buying carries every week

D-Do I just end it? My guild only raids once a week since 3 hours is all we need to full clear so I can't fucking imagine spending over 12 hours a week raiding again on top of the time spent doing non raid stuff when Legion comes out. Then again it's highly likely that I'm just tired of HFC and Legion will get me into raiding again. I don't have the guts to ditch my guild either.

but fuck I just want to play my weebshit games and watch anime now

guide me /v/
>>
>>333394301
Yeah, why not just tell them you're taking a break until Legion? If they don't allow that, find a better guild.
>>
>>333390272
Game is fucking dead on the North American side senpai.
>>
File: happy Tony.jpg (61 KB, 567x800) Image search: [Google]
happy Tony.jpg
61 KB, 567x800
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
>switched to horde
>joined a wpvp guild
>most fun i've had in all of WoW

zero fugs given
>>
>remove global chat from garrisons
WoD fixed
>>
>>333395051
>remove garrisons
Post fixed
>>
>>333390272
Tich went all human due to the PVP advantage, before that they were all Undead
>>
>>333395496
>human racial exists
who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
File: 1458630431897.png (12 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1458630431897.png
12 KB, 100x100
>>333390272
>log into Nostalrius PVE
>literally everywhere, even in small towns in some areas there are at least few people to do group and elite quests with (which usually cannot be JUST soloed because unlike WoD it's not right-click to win)
>people don't mind grouping up and are polite because it's worth it instead of waiting and competing for mobs/quest items or doing it 10 level higher
>world feels alive and fun, even if a bit smaller
>do a player search, few people are sitting in OG, rest is enjoying the game
>>
File: latest.jpg (604 KB, 838x608) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
604 KB, 838x608
>>333392270
>play specialsnowflake inhuman race of alliance not designed by mighty titans
>calling others faggot

You faggots should go to Horde and give us Undeads, they're more Human than you.
>>
>>333394301
This is exactly why I don't like endgame shit in MMOs.
You people treat it like a goddamn job rather than a game. I don't feel like being obligated log in for several hours every week whether I want to or not because my guild will kick me if I don't.
>>
>>333396086
>nost PVP
>literally everywhere, even in fucking desolace there are 10 guys waiting for any one normal mob to spawn
>everyone's a giant asshole because of the fierce competition for mobs
>apparently your character has eye cancer, can't see more than 6ft in front of you, mobs popping in everywhere sometimes even after you've already run past them
>bugged mechanics, like engi trinket not reflecting frost nova, makes some classes useless in PvP(vanilla balance)
>all the resource nodes might as well be fucking unicorns
>leather barely sells for more than the vendor offers
>12 000 online
>ni hao
>>
>>333397396
>>literally everywhere, even in fucking desolace there are 10 guys waiting for any one normal mob to spawn

That's funny because you spend that time 'waiting' as corpse running lel.

>apparently your character has eye cancer, can't see more than 6ft in front of you, mobs popping in everywhere sometimes even after you've already run past them

That's probably just respawning since on such massively overpopulated server everything is constantly genocided.
>>
>>333391098
>ay way nostalrius Wow is ded kekekeke
As far as I think wow is dead as we can see currently by long time dropping of subs, saying that vanilla servers would change anything is straight out retarded as comparing nostalrius. It is ONE private server and I don't know what is the player count but let's say that it have 20 k active accounts. What it is compared to 3 mln subs even. There wouldn't be many people who would pay monthly sub for old content
>>
>>333398742
If 20+k active players paying 5-10 bucks monthly to play on old server that nearly requires no maintenace because it's fine tuned and old as fuck is not appealing enough for you then you just grew too large and jewish to give a shit about consumers, I also think many people would go back to their expansion of choice if blizzard offered legacy servers.
>>
>>333397985
No, there's very noticeable popin on the PVP server. It's not the respawns.
>>
>>333390272
I play on Tich, the server has plenty of people in Org even right now during NEET hours. You're full of shit
>>
>>333399916
Yea and played there for one raiding cycle and left
>>
>>333394642

Is this some new pasta?
>>
Just go play nost if you want a server with more players during wednesday morning than on retail during saturday peak hours
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_112915_181755.jpg (607 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_112915_181755.jpg
607 KB, 1920x1080
>>333391851
> White man
> Alliance
rofl
>>
>>333397985

Even without ganking competition for mobs is insane, the game world was designed for around 5k players max, not 12k.

The pop in is also a very real thing that is not related to mob spawing, the devs had to do this to reduce latency levels. Mobs will literally phase in and out of existence if you travel more than 5 feet in some cases. This is particularly bullshit if you play a ranged class since in vanilla clothies are actually squishy.

Also the game has an even worse chinese infestation than vanilla.
>>
What is it with Nostalrius players that turns them into marketers everytime there's a WoW thread?
We get it, you play on an active vanilla server.
>>
>>333394301

It's time to stop anon, thinking it was fun back then but there's a point where you just burnt out, just leave and enjoy other things.
>>
File: gibsmedat.jpg (55 KB, 652x405) Image search: [Google]
gibsmedat.jpg
55 KB, 652x405
>>333402018
horde are literally niggers
>whites (alliance) build civilizations like stormwind and ironforge
>niggers (horde) have african tier huts and shit and ruin the white mans civilizations and begs for gibs me dat

pic related, average horde raid
>>
>>333390272
Capital cities always change. Go to the new one and everyone is there. I have since quit because I got bored of the game after a month into WoD.

I've been playing on and off since TBC and this "world feels dead and empty" has always been the same. Leveling my first paladin I barely saw anyone until I hit outlands and I kept getting wrekt by level 70s in hellfire.

What is this world that people keep having nostalgia about?
>>
File: 5466125952_1e29361598.jpg (27 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
5466125952_1e29361598.jpg
27 KB, 320x239
>>333390750
lolno
>>333391037
>>333391876
>highest and second highest sub numbers were during cata and wrath
>IT KILLED WOW

>>333391098
nah
>>
>>333403468
horde has cooler races, in alliance only dwarf is acceptable
>>
>>333403986
you have to be delusional to not see WoW is dead now.
>>
>>333392270
Is there actually a benefit to playing a non-druid NElf? Don't all the other races outclass them in the other, ah, classes?
>>
>>333403986
>most subbed mmo is dead!

?
>>
>>333402370

They're pissed because a game they loved completely ignored them and continues to deny that there were legitimate concerns. Now a pieced together barely functioning server is a better example of WoW than the current game.
>>
>>333390272
I'm playing in both WoD and Nost at this time. No matter how shitty, outdated and tedious many things of vanilla are, i still keep going back for the community. The general chat is always full of people talking, there are people everywhere, you are forced to group with others for most quests and the rest of the content. While on the other hand i have a game that is bigger, better, with great graphics, improved combat, scripted events and gloriously looking armors, but that is devoid of any challenge and "soul". It's just an empty game, and while this trend started since cata(arguably since end Wotlk), the garrisons were the final nail in the coffin. The saddest thing is that we will never have a mmorpg with this level of community again, since they just think it's not profitable for themeparks(despite losing millions of subscribers) and everyone prefers solo stuff.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.