[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fighting big tough enemies in a narrow hallway as the camera
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>Fighting big tough enemies in a narrow hallway as the camera spazzes out behind you the game

What are some other examples of artificial difficulty.
>>
>>333352667
I beat the bell gargoyles on the first try.
>>
>>333352894

I beat the whole game without dying once.
>>
>>333352965
No you didn't you idort
>>
pic unrelated? that area wasnt narrow and was open enough that there was nothing for the camera to get caught on
>>
>>333352667
Are you a scrub on daily basis?
>>
>>333352894
SEATH
E
A
T
H
>>
File: youer mom.jpg (21 KB, 415x370) Image search: [Google]
youer mom.jpg
21 KB, 415x370
>>333352667
I sort of didn't get this game.

Let me explain, I played it, and I got what I guess is halfway in. I beat the gargs, I beat capra demon, I got through blight town (the "correct" way?) and then fought spider chick. I did the sewers+frogs then fought that weird dragonboss thing down there.

The entire time people were memeing the game was either too hard or for tryhards. I had a friend on steam who constantly tried to "help" me with my build, telling me I should never be using weapons I was or that I wasted points into certain stats.

The game was challenging especially with the ambushes but I didn't find the bosses to be insanely unforgiving or etc. I wasn't traumatized by blight town and I killed gargs on 3rd try and capra on 2nd (I lept off stairs and air attack his ass) I stripped naked and killed that rock nigger in the tower, only the wolf gave me much trouble.

Why the fuck does this game get up peoples asses in BOTH directions? Why do I always see half of people screaming to git gud faggot while another half cries its impossible. I was demolishing bosses just fine and even have a friend freak out that I'm using some dragonsword and trying to campaign that I change my weapon.

What the fuck /really/ is it with the fanbase of this series? Can anyone sum it up other than posting a meme image and laughing?
>>
>>333355054
the thing is, dark souls is punishing but fair and resists being played in a traditional casual way. you can't go gung ho and mash R1 to victory. you need to be precise and in control to succeed at it.

so, as a result, memer 10 year olds who play games on ultra easy mode said it was impossible. this led to the regular gamers (who aren't even that good) getting an ego boost, thinking they just beat this ultrahard impossible game, causing them to meme right back against the 10 year olds about how the game is the easiest thing in the world.

TLDR: memers memeing memers
>>
>>333355054
Did you get to fat man and little-boy yet?
>>
File: 1459824363180.jpg (88 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1459824363180.jpg
88 KB, 1000x668
>>333355054
>using the ign sword at all
>>
File: 1459730846589.jpg (552 KB, 698x4352) Image search: [Google]
1459730846589.jpg
552 KB, 698x4352
>IM SO BAD AT THIS GAME
>MUST BE THE GAMES FAULT
>>
File: 1437984933210.jpg (45 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1437984933210.jpg
45 KB, 225x225
>>333355638
>WHAT THE FUCK? WHY DO I DO THE ACTUAL NUMBER OF ATTACKS THAT I HIT THE BUTTON FOR
>WHY DOES MY STAMINA ACTUALLY TAKE TIME TO COME BACK WHEN IT DOESNT DO THAT IN SKYRIM THIS GAME SUCKS
>WHAT? I ACTUALLY HAVE TO DODGE/BLOCK ATTACKS? WHY CAN'T I TANK EVERYTHING? THIS GAME SUCKS
>THE ASYLUM DEMON IS A STRESSFUL BATTLE

Actual quotes from my siblings when playing dark souls the first time. Why is playing a game without mashing buttons like a retard such a lost thing?
>>
>>333355359
I guess that makes a lot of sense, thank you.

>>333355492
Not yet but with how everyone hypes them and how that turned out to be bullshit for everything else, I don't think I'm wrong to be apathetic over the potential challenge. I'll boot it up again someday and we'll see.

>>333355538
What do you mean? Is this something like the Okami cover art? It just seemed to be a good sword that I got easily, and I love its speed. I like using a shield with good poise and a quick sword. I can't remember my save file well but I think I did swap to a diff sword just before I stopped giving a fuck about playing... was it some sort of curved scimitar or something? I forget.
>>
>>333355054
Ur using a guide pussy
>>
>>333357003
No, I never used a guide. I threw myself at ghosts in the underground area for like 30 mins before I figured out I was meant to do other shit.
>>
It's not that narrow and the game gives you plenty of space.

The camera is annoying though, Dark Souls and Monster Hunter both have requirements on the player to move the camera, I'd call it a skill though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.