[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE ATHEISM LMAO Seriously what the fuck is up with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: portrait_iovara_lg.png (103 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_iovara_lg.png
103 KB, 210x330
>DUDE ATHEISM LMAO

Seriously what the fuck is up with this game's shitty writing, it's blatantly inserted developer's personal political atheistic agenda.

All the shitty purple prose doesn't help either.

I just wasted 40 hours of my life haven't I?
Fucking garbage game.
>>
File: 1367370887511.png (12 KB, 299x289) Image search: [Google]
1367370887511.png
12 KB, 299x289
10/10 blog
>>
>>333350083
>blogpost
God forbid I want to discuss videogames on videogame board.

Also the fact you can't tell her to fuck off doesn't help.
>LE LOVER FROM LE PAST LIFETIME LE ATHEISM HURR TRAITOR
>can't pick an "evil" ending
>can't resume your duties as Thaos' personal inqusitor
>choices LITERALLY don't fucking matter at all, especially the meeting with the Duke

Combat is a poor man's shitfest that sort of tries to copy worst aspects from D&D 2E, 3.5E and 4E and somehow makes it even shittier.

No exp for enemies despite the game beind chock full of trash encounters by the hundreds.
>>
File: 1360380449950.jpg (21 KB, 225x320) Image search: [Google]
1360380449950.jpg
21 KB, 225x320
>>333350653
Just a heads up, chump. You need to at least mention the name of game you're talking about in the OP.
>>
File: Edna.jpg (737 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Edna.jpg
737 KB, 1200x1600
>>333350024
Well its tagged as " meme " on steam, so you should've known ahead of time fuccboi
>>
>>333350653
>>can't pick an "evil" ending
you can. You can literally do the same thing as that guy with robes and horns and shit, but you can because you're stronger than him, and since you're stronger than him, that bald midget god don't need horn guy anymore.
>>
>>333350024
isnt this girl deemed crazy in the end? I think in the end the god indeed exist because even if they dont, the human will force it to exist so the society not collapse.
>>
>>333351139
Yeah, her "reveal" is completely irrelevant. Just a bit of fluff.
>>
>>333350024
On a scale from 1 to 10, how triggered would you consider to be at this game?
>>
>>333350715
Pillars of Eternity.
Anyone who played the game should recognize it instantly by the portrait since it's a major story NPC.
Anyone who hasn't played the game shouldn't participate in the discussion honestly.

>>333351010
Sure you can power up Woedica, but you can't avoid killing Thaos. You're forced into a boss fight no matter what. You can't convince him or reason with him for arbitrary reasons even though with the memory you have, you potentially should have no fucking reason to fight him at that point.

>>333351139
Her entire point is that she was the developer's way of injecting their atheistic agenda (she's horribly shoehorned and it's blatantly obvious) even though the gods in the game are clearly portrayed as real. They are no different from Greek/Roman/Norse/D&D gods. They aren't THE God but they are gods in every meaning of the word.

The game just completely fucking falls apart after Act 1/Raedric's Hold.

>>333351250
3/10? I guess? I'm less upset about the politics and more about the fact that it's overall a poor fucking game that pales in comparison to even Baldur's Gate 1, yet alone masterpieces like Planescape Torment, Mask of the Betrayer or Baldur's Gate 2. It feels like a clusterfuck of bad ideas.
>>
I don't think anyone really has to respect your retarded man made beliefs. I don't think there's some agenda it's just natural for human beings to shit on something so dumb. Like feminism or taking video games too seriously.

Being on the fedoras.
>>
>>333351808
>gods CLEARLY portrayed as real in the game
>NUH UH ATHEISM LMAO!

Way to be fucking retarded. Play the fucking game before you spout shit in this thread.

Also I tip my fedora to you, faggot.
>>
>>333351724

But it's not a very good agenda when she's clearly proven wrong. Those gods exist, they're just not the omnipotent/omniscient gods that people are used to - and they were created, they're not older-than-time or anything. I thought this part was... well, clumsy, but I appreciated them posing the problem to the player of how they would define a god, and if those gods were worthy of their status/worship.
>>
>>333351724
>gods are real
>this somehow furthers someone's atheistic agenda
All she says is that gods are artificial and unnecessary, and they're locking her in this world or somesuch. When Aloth gets pissed about that, you can rationally explain to him that there's no difference, since, as you pointed out yourself, gods are real. Just because a major NPC has a view on things doesn't mean the writers are out to get your beliefs.
>>
>>333351983
Is this Pillars of Eternity? Yeah that's kind of dumb.
>>
>>333352038
>and they were created
So? Greek gods were "created" too and the people that worshipped them knew that and didn't somehow treat them as non-gods just because they were basically spawned from the titans.

>when she's clearly proven wrong
She is, and yet she's shoehorned into the game for no reason and mind you is the ONLY FUCKING NPC other than the main antagonist that has a unique portrait and is the only one CONSTANTLY being shoehorned on you in your dreams and visions constantly preaching her atheism bullshit.

>>333352159
>major NPC
She serves no point to the game other than to propagate the developer's agenda. She's not even a mcguffin.
You could literally take her out of the game and not lose a thing. She's an arbitrary character added only so that she can act as megaphone for Obsidian's atheistic message.

If they wanted to leave the nature of the game's gods to player's interpretation they shouldn't have had an NPC that shoehorned onto you and your character's past life backstory.

A tasteful way of presenting the dilema would be to have multiple characters wonder if the gods are real and such.
But no, she's the ONLY one in the entire fucking game and she's hamfisted at every opportunity they can get with those visions.
>>
>>333352514
What exactly is Obsidian's atheistic message though? God's exist but they suck? That completely misses the point of atheism by a mile.
>>
>>333352514
>atheistic message, the developer's agenda
>when gods are real and are the only reason you even got to that part of the game
I don't get your point, I really don't. What's the agenda, what's the message? Gods don't exist? You strike deals with them, you communicate with them, on a daily basis, if you're priest. But an NPC comes along and says "no, not happened" and you think you were supposed to believe her? That Obsidian hoped to trick their audience into ignoring 90% of the game?

She is the only character who knows what's going on who isn't Thaos or god, and since their whole crusade was to HIDE the fact that gods aren't real, they wouldn't tell you shit. She is the only one who can "reveal" that.
But if you're still not buying that, think of it like this: these guys imprisoned her and kept her in their pit for a long, long time. If that'd be me and I was presented with an opportunity to get any sort of payback, I'd tell everyone I could that those assholes are frauds.
>>
>>333352514

You've entered full butthurt mode. It's going to take a while (if it is indeed possible) for you to work around this one. Yeah, I get it, you're keen to go into full reactionary mode because *gasp* some shit that I've been trained to be angry about showed up in muh vidya.

The real kicker is, she's not even an atheist. It just says that she started her own following. That would make her an apostate or heretic depending on perspective and details.

Iovara's only purpose is to present the player with the dilemma of what makes a god a god, and what makes a god worthy of worship. If the game presented you with a more Judeo-Christian concept where the gods existed before everything and they were not created by society, it would make their status a lot harder to question. Gods that are created, that are temporal, and fallible make a much more suitable object for the game's ultimate question.
>>
>>333350653
you're not looking to actually discuss video games, though. this is just a "i hate this game and i want everybody to agree with me" thread
>>
>>333353130
>>333353329
The message is that you should be atheist and still reject the gods even though everything else in the shows you they do exist, purely on the grounds of the fact that they were man-made.

In fact that's what atheism is in case you didn't know. Atheism is not belief that gods don't exist.
Atheism is complete rejection of the very concept of gods and even if there was a god-like entity, an atheist would still reject it. Kind of like people in DC Universe reject the concept of Superman being a god even though he clearly is.
>>
>>333352514
>A tasteful way of presenting the dilema would be to have multiple characters wonder if the gods are real and such.
the gods they know of are artificial soul machine. they exist and everbody know of them, one of them even fuck things up right in front of their eyes. when she said gods arent real, she meant that they dont fit the definition of gods: born before humans, create the world and exercise natural power over it.
>>
File: 1459372754660.gif (551 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
1459372754660.gif
551 KB, 400x222
>>333353448

>Atheism is not belief that gods don't exist.

Officially a troll. I'm out.
>>
>>333353448
superman isnt a fucking god. he is an humanboo alien. he would kick your ass if you worthship him like one.
>>
>>333353448
That's not the message, nitwit. As I already said, when Aloth gets pissy about it, you, both the player and your character, can tell him "gods are real". Just because you're presented with an option that states otherwise doesn't make what you're saying true.
>Atheism is not belief that gods don't exist.
>Atheism is complete rejection of the very concept of gods and even if there was a god-like entity, an atheist would still reject it.
There's little difference between these statements in OUR world since there's no irrefutable proof of God's existence. But in a FANTASY world with actual proven gods who do magic and rain blights and piss tsunamis, an atheist is clearly a madman.
And Superman isn't a god, he's an alien from Kansas.
>>
>>333353448
>>333353619
https://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

>Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a belief that there is no God."
>>
>>333353448
>Atheism is complete rejection of the very concept of gods and even if there was a god-like entity,

its sound like stubborness than a believe, no wonder every atheist is stubborn faggot that refuse to listen anyone else
>>
They're not gods in the sense that they did not create the universe, aren't omnipotent, and can die. At best they are really high level wizards.

PoE's debate on gods is a bit of an extension of NWN2's Gann, who does not consider beings that can be killed (Myrkul) as "gods", as that contradicts the idea of a god.
>>
>>333353951
It is stubbornes and stupidity, that's why I find the concept of atheism revolting.
Agnosticism or theism are both fine in their own way but flat out atheism is just retarded.
>>
>>333354046
They aren't omnipotent, but they are omnipresent and capable of godly feats and that alone makes them divine
>>
>>333354046
I would say they are gods in the polytheism sense (not omniscient, not creators of the universe, not omnipotent, not necessasily immortal) but not in the monotheist sense (omnipotent omniscient immortal creator).
>>
>>333354046
They are gods in the same sense Norse or Greek gods were well, gods. Polytheistic gods aren't immortal or omnipotent but they are still divine.
Having a character in the game be shouting NUH UH THERE ARE NO GODS, I DONT CARE THAT THERE ARE CLEARLY DIVINE ENTITIES THAT ARE CLEARLY OMNIPRESENT AND FART OUT TSUNAMIS AND METEOR RAINS AS IF IT WAS NOTHING, THEY AREN'T GODS CUZ I SAY SO
>>
>>333355029
>Having a character in the game be shouting "NUH UH THERE ARE NO GODS, I DONT CARE THAT THERE ARE CLEARLY DIVINE ENTITIES THAT ARE CLEARLY OMNIPRESENT AND FART OUT TSUNAMIS AND METEOR RAINS AS IF IT WAS NOTHING, THEY AREN'T GODS CUZ I SAY SO" is just fucking stupid.

Accidentally submitted the post too early, fixed.
>>
>>333350653
>No exp for enemies despite the game beind chock full of trash encounters by the hundreds
You're a fool, and more troubling: proud of it.
>>
>>333355029
Norse and Greek gods created the universe, the planet, and human beings themselves. The best these gods can do is cast 9th level druid spells.
>>
>>333355189
Are you telling me there is exp for killing enemies in this game? Because there clearly isn't, in fact the developer is touting it as some major milestone that they went out of their way to include as many combat instances as possible and not reward you with experience for them.
The only way to get exp in this game is through quests and dialogue.
>>
>>333355029
>>333355095
She says they aren't gods because they're artificial, literally, not metaphorically, created by men. She doesn't disregard their power.
>>
>>333350024
>mad christcuck
>>
>>333355261
No, I am implying that you are incredibly shortsighted. Of course there is no experience for killing enemies after you complete a bestiary entry. Of course, this also has to do with balance. But since you can't possibly fathom how or why, it is therefore "wrong" and "bad".

You are a fool, and more troubling: proud of it.
>>
>>333355421
Go to bed Sawyer, nobody fucking likes your shitty game and "balance" ideas.
>>
>>333350024

Haha, is this like those old Monster Hunter threads were the OP post a blatantly wrong and stupid statement to entice people in?

Worked for me.
>>
>>333355596
I guess that i would too start deflecting and accuse people of being shill if my arguments were throughly debunked.
>>
>>333355730
>debunked
You haven't debunked shit.
All you said that "it's good you don't get any exp cuz i say so cuz i think that's balanced" which is literally a fucking OPINION and you can't debunk anything with OPINIONS.
You imbecile.
>>
>>333355319
That

And she wants people to know this fact, which is bad news for gods. And so, they get Thaos to remove those in the know.

And it's not the first time. When the Engwithian were starting to get too good at the whole souls and technology, all the gods (except one) where fine or complacent with just exterminating them. PoE gods are petty dicks.
>>
>>333355730
respectfully, I didn't debunk him yet, but of course I don't actually have the will or intention to. I've had this conversation with enough retards already. The children are too impatient to actually accept reasoning and really just want to throw public tantrums (why?) even when presented with definitive evidence to the contrary of their claims, for some reason.

Literally >>333353398
>>
>>333355796
I'm not that anon, stupid-kun.
>>
>>333356058
>>333356064
*slurp slurp slurp*
That's the sound of Obshitian cock in your mouth
>>
>>333353448
>I believe in nothing.

well then, all you spout is empty and meaningless words.
>>
>>333356158
Please anon, continue ridiculing yourself, i love me some retard anger.
>>
File: twerk.jpg (24 KB, 460x415) Image search: [Google]
twerk.jpg
24 KB, 460x415
>>333356158
PoE is literally the only Obsidian game I've played.

Does the idea of me not playing New Vegas trigger you more than the idea that monsters not rewarding exp is actually correct?
>>
>>333356058
He says that enemies don't give xp, while they do during bestiary filling. It's actually a rather large chunk of xp too, with things like different ogres types giving 2k or so. I always do Caed Nua lvl 3 for that delicious Ogre/OgreDruid/Matron Xp
>>
>>333356402
>fighting enemies thus honing your abilities
>it's correct not to learn any experience from fighting and honing your skills
Eat shit and die you fucking fedora tipping nigger.
>>
This is the most pathetic thread made today, congrats OP.
>>
File: 2cat.jpg (43 KB, 384x315) Image search: [Google]
2cat.jpg
43 KB, 384x315
>Triggered religiousfag
>>
>>333356556
I'm sure you are learnign a whole lot killing that 50th kobold.

Or maybe that 40th skeleton.

I do guess that a retard like you would forget fast enough for this to be realistic. Congrats?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>333356637
>>333356653
>>
>>333356556
>honing your abilities
>by rolling through weak piss mobs in 3 seconds
Do you hone your strength or dexterity by squashing a mosquito?

>hurr stop playing on easy
Whatever you need to tell yourself
>>
>>333356779

Got any fresh memes for us, champ?
>>
Yeah, no exp for combat is inexcusable, its like cooking food and then throwing it in the bin.
>>
>>333356918

>Food analogy

Incredible.
>>
>>333356779
You guys sure love this catch-all fedora label that lets you handwave and ignore people that criticize shit. It's literally the same as plugging your ears and going LALALALALALALA
>>
>>333356918

You right, i've cooked myself enough Spaghetti to reach Chef level cooking skills. That's how it works
>>
>>333357029
>>333357224
>there are actual obsidiots defending this garbage mechanic

We need to cull you like we did with the biodrones.
>>
>>333357328
I would pay a large amount of money to see you try.
>>
The atheists at Obsidian wrote thd best and most likable religious character in a video game to date

Im on my phone right now but pretend I posted a picture of Joshua Graham
>>
File: KekLaKek.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
KekLaKek.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>333351808
>Says shit like "man made beliefs"
>Asks for fedoras
"But anon... you are the fedora"
And then anon was a fedora
>>
File: 1458218329596.jpg (58 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1458218329596.jpg
58 KB, 700x700
DUDE GOD ISNT REAL LMAO
>>
>>333350653
>can't pick an "evil" ending

dude what

Rymrgand's ending is basically you murdering a billion souls.
>>
>>333358615
It's not actually evil. Those soul WOULD have eventually disintegrated into oblivion.
>>
>>333350024
>>333350653
She wasn't an atheist. She knows the "gods" exists, she believes they are undeserving of our worship.

>All the shitty purple prose doesn't help either.
You are why Fallout 4 has a dialogue wheel.
>>
>>333358820
What the hell kind of argument is that?

>burn down an orphanage
>"it's not evil because they were all gonna die anyway :^)"
>>
>>333358324
well he isn't desu senpai
>>
>>333350024
you niggers getting triggered by irrelevant shit like that is as pathetic as SJWs hating on everything. oh how i miss 4chan when it was apolitical
>>
>>333358895
>You are why Fallout 4 has a dialogue wheel.
And you are a pathetic dicksucker if you think purple prose is good writing.
Protip, google what the term means you uneducated sack of shit.
>>
>>333359698
Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean it's purple prose.

Such a stupid complaint. If you think PoE is purple, I dare you to read Dickens or something.
>>
I haven't seen a religious fag get triggered this much in a long time.
>>
>>333359969
I did pay attention, I even read all the shitty in-universe books.
The game is chock full of terrible purple prose.
Heck even the lead writer himself admitted he sucks at prose and that he indeed shoved a fuckton of it into the game and it was a major mistake.

Play Torment if want an actually good written game.
Also Dickens is shit, literally kid tier writer.
You could've named some good books like Solaris or Heart of Darkness, and you picked someone as shitty as Dickens.
Bravo.
>>
>>333359698
>purple prose is good writing
It isn't per se, but using it doesn't make something automatically bad. Purple prose *can* be good, and even desirable depending on the context. Like in games set in a fantasy universe, with mechanics that put emphasis on text for describing the different situations.

tl;dr: your objection is invalid and you are a retard.

Not that Pillars is that purplish, to begin with.
>>
>>333360194
Read Tolkien if you want actual good world building, protip PoE has none.
>>
>>333359091
Because unlike your shit analogy, those souls are blank states. They are nothing. You can send them back to the Hollowborn, break them apart for Galawain to empower the Dyrwood, send them back to the well, fuckign scatter them everywhich way, etc they will go back to Rymgard eventually. It is not the best solution for people in the Dyrwood, but it is a choice you can make. Making the hollowborn is the evil thing, once the soul are detached, they are nothing special.
>>
>>333350653
Just start playing NWN modules to fill the gap of no more good RPGs anymore.
>>
>>333360143
Nigger I used Dickens for a reason: his prose is purple as fuck. Way to miss the whole fucking point.
>>
>>333360265
I didn't say PoE was good or had amazing world building, m8. I just said that an ornate style is not necesarilly bad on itself.
>>
>>333358324
i get it

dips fedora

clever
>>
>>333360303
I'm actually going to play ToEE now that Temple+ is out.
>>
File: Kana.jpg (19 KB, 265x416) Image search: [Google]
Kana.jpg
19 KB, 265x416
>>333359698
He mad.
Truely!
>>
>>333360281
The soul is literally the basis of sentient life in the PoE setting. Giving them to Rymgard accomplishes nothing but to hasten the inevitable extinction of consciousness implied by PoE's limited system of souls.

That's straight up existentially diabolical.
>>
>>333360558
Kana is one of the only few good companions in the game.
>>
DUDE SOULS LMAO

Seriously speaking though, this game is literally a shittier version of MotB with a pinch of shittier version of PS:T
>>
>>333360614
Only if you give implicit value to living, and ignore people who would appreciate the complete loss of the concept of pain and the like. Especially when people can live another life and suddenly rendered mad by past deed and suffering. I'm sure for them Rymgard would be a perfectly fine choice.
>>
>>333360738
Can you not see what you're typing?

Nigger you sound like fucking Seymour from FFX.
>>
>>333360914
I can see that you don't have any worthy rebuttal. It oftens happen when i write on this site.
>>
>>333360914
>Nigger you sound like fucking Seymour from FFX.
And that's bad how?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWvKnNIQhfc
>>
>>333359698
>hur dur purple prose
>there is literally no definition of what is considered purple prose

So, you're subjectively applying a negative label to something you've already deemed bad.
>>
File: 1.jpg (22 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
22 KB, 210x330
It's a quite decent thread boyz, i'm somewhat proud of you all. It only shows how crucial provoking mature writing is for a good rpg game. As for beliving in god, everyone knows god is not real, even most die hard christians are aware of that. The true reason for faith in god is our own mortality, everyone is afraid of death. Religon gives the weak minded some purpose, some false hope for eternal life.
The day when we conquer our mortality will be the end of religion.
>>
>>333360696
Its pretty meh, yea. It has some good ideas, but I think they messed up the execution part. And the twist about "there is no God(s)!" (gasp!) was kinda bland. Aloth foreshadowing it didn't convince me because seemed too forced in that moment. I was like, what the hell are you talking about, Aloth? The conversation you are refering to is not the same that NPC had with me.

Also, the hinting was a bit heavy handed, and when the reveal came I didn't even flich because that was the second time I heard that cool story bro.
>>
>>333350024
OMG LE ESS JAY DUBYAS BE RUINING MY GAMES

These shill threads worse now than when gamergate happened. What the literal fuck?
>>
>>333361083
What exactly is worthy of rebuttal? You're claiming that life isn't worth living. Why haven't you killed yourself, if that were the case?
>>
>>333360453
Still haven't played it but it sounds nice. It's really cool that they managed to get the source code.
>>
File: 1458565451218.png (96 KB, 382x491) Image search: [Google]
1458565451218.png
96 KB, 382x491
>>333361256
>As for beliving in god, everyone knows god is not real, even most die hard christians are aware of that.
>>
File: 1309876298465.jpg (52 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1309876298465.jpg
52 KB, 400x370
>>333350024
>Seriously what the fuck is up with this game's shitty writing, it's blatantly inserted developer's personal political atheistic agenda.

We know, everyone said the same thing on release. It was a really great game then it gets to that part and goes full retard.

>Gods are eeeeevil
>gods are not real even tho they are real
>I dindu nuffin wrong, give me sympathy!
>I forgive you for what you did to me, even tho it's proven it wasn't actually you
>Any choice you make is the wrong one cause gods are bad and nothing changes so your bad too

Game tries too hard to have its cake and eat it too. You can't have reincarnation of characters where they are completely different people then some where they are the exact same people. I heard the expansions make the game better but I haven't tried them since I'm letting the game simmer down before buying them on sale.
>>
>>333361481
There is none. But then again, you can't either prove the almighty Flying Spagetti Monster isn't real and, moreso, the only true deity.
>>
>>333361256
Durance is such a good character. I'm DEFINITELY ripping him off and playing a god-hating cleric next time the group gets together.
>>
>>333361435
Because while i know my life is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, there is a multitude of things i want to want to experience before i'm dead. I learned to appreciate moments of calm, and reading good books and travelling around is worth the suffering associated with living and growing old.

There ar eplenty of people that would rather die that continue suffering, and in a world were reincarnation is confirmed, the obliteration of the soul might be a worthwile goal for some.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>333361481
>proofs
it's called common sense
>>
File: 0%mad its alright.jpg (51 KB, 676x858) Image search: [Google]
0%mad its alright.jpg
51 KB, 676x858
>>333350024
It wasn't really wasted if you came to that conclusion, you just had to spend 40 hours to understand that PoE, to you, is a classic isometric plate of pixelated feces. Took me 58 hours to understand that I enjoy games like these. Does The Divinity series hold up any? I want more.
>>
File: 1455599016604.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1455599016604.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>333350715

>Being so new and uninformed that you don't even recognize the biggest shit storm games from yesteryear.

Did you just come from reddit this week, or last week?
>>
>>333361771
He is hardly God hating early on. He's the opposite. He's trying to understand why he has been forsaken from his deity while he spent his life and a part of his soul on her demand, and doing his best to reclaim her attention.
>>
>>333361778
Get this Schopenhauer nonsense out of my face. People deserve the chance to live and decide for themselves whether their lives are too shitty to keep living. You can't just make that decision for a billion people.
>>
File: 1457035525050.gif (324 KB, 401x353) Image search: [Google]
1457035525050.gif
324 KB, 401x353
>The gods aren't real
>>
>>333361915
You're right, he's not really god-hating. He's more god tsundere.

>it's not like I worship you or anything...b-baka!
>>
Oh look, another Pilars thread becomes another fucking breeding ground for fucking fedora tipping atheistic trash.
>>
>>333354070
>>333353951
oh the ironing
>>
>>333362171
>the only real gods are Saradomin, Guthix, and Zamarok.
>>
File: Pillars Map.jpg (3 MB, 1859x1713) Image search: [Google]
Pillars Map.jpg
3 MB, 1859x1713
>>333361639
The expansion content was literally just Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter ripoff.
>>
>>333362192
Fuck off, Yahweh, you're not my real dad.
>>
>>333362321
I didn't even bother playing White March, PE's world is just too boring.
>>
>>333361856
OP here
Divinity games are all different.
Divine and Beyond are basically Diablo clones with a bit more sophistication.
Divinity 2 is an open world action RPG.
Dragon Commander is a VN with RTS elements.
Original Sin is isometric cRPG.
I liked all of them with exception of Beyond Divinity due to the way controlling 2 characters works in that game.
>>
>>333360453
It will not make it a good game anyway. It's 3rd edition D&D with a terrible movement/turn time management system in a bland dungeon crawl.
>>
>>333362370
You don't miss much.
It's mostly just more combat shitfest with no XP rewards and even less quests/story than base game.
>>
>>333362486
Did they raise the level cap?
>>
>>333350024

It's typical obsidian game, honestly what the fuck did you expect? Did you forgot how annoying motb was where you could kill people to be edgy faggot(hey winged companion I bet you blood will open this door!), but you couldn't act based on your faith until the end game?
Honestly NV and Alpha Protocol are their best games
>>
>>333361475
>It's really cool that they managed to get the source code.
They didn't. They were told to fuck off and so decided to reverse engineer the entire fucking game from scratch by themselves.

>>333362478
>hating 3E
Leave.

>>333362517
By 4 levels. Max is 16 now.
>>
>>333362430
>Original Sin is isometric cRPG
stop
>>
File: 1308351086712.jpg (45 KB, 249x498) Image search: [Google]
1308351086712.jpg
45 KB, 249x498
>>333362171

They clearly are in the game world are exist as any corporal being. From what I remember; they get stronger the more you believe in them, they can affect the world on a; physical, spiritual, magical, genetically, dimensional way yet it's never explained in detail.

The only caveat is that the gods in PoE are man made from a long dead civilization that specialized in soul manipulation. Your fedora image is meant as a joke, but that is how the devs tried to pass it off. It's offensive that the girth of PoE is spent setting up deep themes about destiny, gods, purpose, motivation, identity and more then goes:

>gods aren't real *winks* *tips fedorah*

followed by derogatory remarks aimed at the player disregarding what choice they make for no reason other than daring to make a choice at all. Upset people have it right, being a religious follower has no bearing on it.
>>
>>333362565
Are you implying OS isn't isometric? Because it is.
Being 3D doesn't somehow mean the camera isn't isometric.
>>
>>333362571
Anyone who believes in a magical sky fairy should be ridiculed at every opportunity.
>>
>>333361856
Nah, OS is mediocre with casual battle system and childish writing
Larian was too afraid too explore mature themes, so his rpg is just waste of time
>>
>>333362634
>cRPG
>>
File: 1322595529131.png (85 KB, 208x305) Image search: [Google]
1322595529131.png
85 KB, 208x305
>>333362654
>Anyone who believes in a magical sky fairy should be ridiculed at every opportunity.

But they are real. They turned one companion into a soul eating werewolf, another god used their followers are allah ackbars, and another god tried to trick the mc into setting them free.

Anyone that doesn't understand the context of the thread should be ridiculed at every opportunity.
>>
>>333362724
Yes it is a cRPG, just like Baldur's Gate and so on.
>>
>>333362838
Those aren't gods, they are just assholes in crystals.

It's like Donald Trump's followers, he's no god but he has a lot of braindead followers who worship him like a deity.
>>
>>333362543
But Alpha Protocol is terrible on all fronts. It gives you prebaked responses like everyone's favorite bogeyman FO4, the combat is beyond salvation, the characters are rejects from terrible spy movies in a setting that in the intention is supposed to be realistic and all of them have their little hidden agenda that makes relying of them a matter of waiting how much time they will take to fuck over you, and the story takes really dumb, forced turns. It's a complete shitshow.
>>
Atheists once again prove they are imbeciles and can't even fucking read with this simple ability called reading comprehension.
We're not talking about judeo christian God, we're talking about PoE's gods which are confirmed, legitimately existing fact.

Saying they don't exist even though you even LITERALLY GET TO TALK WITH THEM is just fallacy.
>>
>>333362571
I don't get why this plot point makes you so butthurt. It's an interesting twist that the pantheon of gods people are so intent on fighting over is an artificial installation by a civilization long dead. It casts a whole new light on the setting because it questions the necessity of any of the gods' actions, and whether the fact that they're invented makes people think of them differently. Hell, Eder still worships Eothas despite the nigger being artificial AND dead. What does that say about the nature of belief?
>>
>>333362563
Oh great, let's raise the cap for a module designed for characters up to level 10. While we are at it, let's give more tools to casters in "D&D: caster edition", because martials are not bad enough even with the terrific tools they get in the game and the low level stuff that makes them almost decent.
>>
>>33336291
>LITERALLY govern every aspect or life, death and existence in general
>LITERALLY do divine tings every day
>LITERALLY omnipresent

>Those aren't gods
Eat shit.
>>
>>333362931
Still better than PoE and MotB
>like everyone's favorite bogeyman FO4
Be happy that I'm on business trip and can't post my collection of choices in the obsidian games until the next week, obsidian drone
>>
>>333350024
Obsidian was always shit blaming their publishers for everything wrong with their games
>>
>>333363086
>Pillars
>module
>DnD

Dude what? I think you got lost in the conversation tree. We're talking about raising XP camp in the Pillars expansions, not fucking DnD games.
>>
File: 1318874292908.jpg (49 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1318874292908.jpg
49 KB, 576x432
>>333363042
>It's an interesting twist that the pantheon of gods people are so intent on fighting over is an artificial installation by a civilization long dead.

You can call it interesting, but anyone that's been gaming for over 5years has encountered this hundreds of times. What's new to you is so worn, it could pass as this guy's >>333362915
mom.
>>
>>333350715
This isn't /h/ you bloody idiot
>>
>>333363086
The ignorance on display is hilarious, considering the new abilities the martial character got, especially with the Soulbound weapons, make them so much stronger than caster it's almost sad.

Also, just so you are a little less uninformed, you can level scale it to max if you wish, and the chapter 3 too if you are high lvl from the DLC
>>
>>333363213
Name one game that's done this.
>>
>>333361814
That's not proofs. If anything common sense says that it is far more likely that someone orchestrated everything in the world rather than it just being a series of RNG.
>>
>>333363168
If AP is supposed to be better than those, I think Obsidian was pretty much destined to close. Let's hope their beat'em up about flash webcomics and their WoT clone will keep'em up and running.
>>
File: photo-original.png (2 MB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.png
2 MB, 1536x1152
thoughts? did anyone tried the steam beta?
>>
>>333363168
You don't need to.
NONE of the choices in Pillars matter.
Lol you killed Raedric and insalled Kolsc as ruler of Gilded vale? Readric just comes back as a vampire and kills everyone anyway LOL

Lol you gathered all evidence in favour of animancers and found proof of Leaden Key's existence and fucking shit up? Thaos wins on the Duke meeting anyway LOL

You gathered thousand upon thousands of examples of the existence of gods and even talked with them and shit? This bitch will tell you gods dont exist anyway LMAO

Regained your memory and agree with Thaos' goals and want to resume your duties as the inquisitor of the Leaden Key? You can't because lol gotta have forced final boss ROFL
>>
>>333363213
>but anyone that's been gaming for over 5years has encountered this hundreds of times
name these game
>>
>>333363171
Mask of the Betrayer, Alpha Protocol, New Vegas, KotOR2 are all better games than Pillars.
And with KotOR2 published IS to blame and it's an undisputable fact.
>>
>>333363013
But nobody in the world is saying they don't exist, you dumb nigger.

Iovara questions if they are worth worshipping since they are manmade and want to inform everyone else of it so they can make their own choice, while Thaos want to keep it under wrap because the status quo empowers his Goddess, which allow him basically infinite life since she tweaks the rules for him.

It's not complex to understna dif you got 2 braincells to knock together
>>
>>333363457
>NONE of the choices in Pillars matter
I think they will after you import your save to poe 2
>>
>>333363357
Real Life with the Modern Day expansion. The only reason Scientology is not accepted as a religion is because people still remember L. Ron Hubbard. Give it another 100 years and it'll become an accepted religion.
>>
>>333363042
>AND dead
Didn't Eothas simply return to the cycle of souls?
>>
>>333363013
The game doesn't say they don't exist. It says the in fact do and that they are very powerful entities, but they are no the creators of the world but constructs designed by an ancient civilization. Predicates traditionally attributed to deities, like being eternal or causa sui, don't apply. Hence, they are not *real* gods.

I think the one lacking reading comprehension here is you, my friendo.
>>
>>333363457
Did Sawyer fuck your mom without treating her to a seafood dinner ? You seem incredibly upset.

The fact that you are also completely retarded makes it rather pathetic.
>>
>>333363676
>no arguments
>ad hominem
Yep I'm on /v/
>>
>>333363445
I don't buy early access garbage. Call me back once it's out.
>>
File: Testified_for_animancy.jpg (848 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Testified_for_animancy.jpg
848 KB, 1920x1080
>>333363457
>Lol you gathered all evidence in favour of animancers and found proof of Leaden Key's existence and fucking shit up? Thaos wins on the Duke meeting anyway LOL
simply not true, if you're good enough about convincing people about animancy then this happens
so your choices in poe did matter
>>
File: 1318601996225.jpg (178 KB, 600x1375) Image search: [Google]
1318601996225.jpg
178 KB, 600x1375
>>333363357
>Name one game that's done this.

Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborn, Grandia 2, Tales of Symphonia, Sonice Adventure, Darksiders 1, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 1/2/3, The Banner Saga, Hyper Light Drifter, All Final Fantasy Games, All Hyper Dimensional Neptunia games, All Disgaea games, Shadowrun Hong Kong, All Ys games made in the last 15yrs, Mortal Kombat 9.

You just don't play any video games if you haven't ever encountered "ancient civilization made god" either that or your stupid as FUCK. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and go with the latter, I'm a nice guy.
>>
>>333363616
It's uncertain. The fact Magran was involved in the Godhammer and the soul wizardy in it's construction suggest that if it was really Eothas possessing Waidwen, he might have been completely destroyed.

It is only speculation tho, since Eothas is the god of rebirth, and his priest are still receiving spells, he might still be alive, just strongly weakened. Or maybe Hylea is giving the spells instead of Eothas, since they were allies.
>>
>>333363706
When you deal with retards with little ability to comprehend, why bother?
>>
>>333363828
you can't be serious
>>
>>333363810
It's a shitty one off powerpoint slide at the end of the game.
You still can't do jack shit about the actual outcome of the meeting, you can't prevent Duke's death, you can't stop the witch hunt of animancers and you can't stop burning of the city. Even Obshitian themselves said they fucked up hard with this because they were basically rushing the game and didn't give much of a fuck at the time.
>>
>>333363616
It's not clear. The gods are basically soul batteries underground, though, so it's likely that Eothas' structure is intact, even if his soul was annihilated. You could probably power him back up again if you could find where his installation is.
>>
>>333363940
>get so BTFO the fuck out that you can't even reply back properly anymore
>>
>>333363864
Here's your (You)
>>
>People think atheists are against gods even if they were real
You're fucking stupid, desu.
>>
>>333363960
>It's a shitty one off powerpoint slide at the end of the game.
like in fallout games? i'm ok with that
>>
>>333363828
>Dark Souls

wat
>>
hating god or gods =/= atheism
>>
>>333363364
There is no RNG in the universe, it's all deterministic. If the universe was recreated with the exact same initial conditions it would play out the same every time.
>>
>>333364021
I'm not even that guy friend, just think your post is bait
>>
>>333364083
The point is there was no real choice.
Getting a different powerpoint slide in the ending is not a real choice.
Choice would be if I could prevent Duke's death, the riots and the witch hunts. That would be choice.
>>
File: 1327000920225.jpg (44 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1327000920225.jpg
44 KB, 500x357
>>333363940

I'm not, that doesn't even come close to 1/5th of the times I've encountered that. I just eyed my steam list and picked out the

>pantheon of gods people are so intent on fighting over is an artificial installation by a civilization long dead.

parts that applied correctly. My steam list is only 7yrs old and I've been gaming since I was even younger than the age of my steam list.
>>
File: 1457322642559.jpg (149 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1457322642559.jpg
149 KB, 512x512
>Honestly, I think it's really sad that RPGs essentially get a pass on having fundamentally junk core gameplay. And yes, I do consider combat to be a core gameplay element of most RPGs.

>An awesome game with a crappy ruleset would be a better game if it had a better ruleset. Again, why grit your teeth and accept fundamentally dumb systems and their dumb adaptations into different media when such things clearly could be designed and executed better?
>Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.

w-what happened obsidianbros??
>>
>>333364135
Uh, no? Otherwise all planets that are similar to our earth would be populated by humans as well.
>>
you had the choice of taking the orlan infant with you, sacrafice it or save it and leave
good enough for you?
why do you hate obsidian so damn much?
>>
>>333363706
Fine , my little mongoloid, i'll debunk your stupidity
>Lol you killed Raedric and insalled Kolsc as ruler of Gilded vale? Readric just comes back as a vampire and kills everyone anyway LOL

You can also simply not kill him, and Raedric can come back to be a good ruler if you cure the hollowborn, or basically murder most of his population in paranoia if you don't. Choice = Mattered

Thaos murdering the duke is a stupid argument, you can see wether he believes your theory or not. He gets killed by the plot.

No, she says they are not ''real'' gods, they are fabricated. They weren't there to create the world, and they have no moral over mortals, being made from them. Basically, she see's them as monstrously powerfull wizards and not Gods. Important distinction you seem unable to grasp.

Nah you can't be back as an inquisitor, because Thaos doesn't want you to. You CAN kill Thaos and take his job, and accomplish his plan to divert souls to Woedica. She's alright with it. Clearly you are stronger, since you killed Thaos and all your companions.

So, now, what will it be, will you continue being a little faggot or you gonna apologise for being a fuckign moron?
>>
>>333354070
Belief is an active process
You believe in something
Agnosticism is not comparable to theism or atheism
Agnosticism states that it is impossible to know something absolutely, but belief is not knowledge
Do you believe that there is a God
Yes? You are a theist
No? You are an atheist
You can be agnostic theist or atheist
Simple as that, you can't just say "I dont know", that's not an answer to a question " you believe "
If you currently don't believe, as in you are not in an active process of believing in something, you are an atheist by detention, possibly an agnostic atheist since you are not sure in your knowledge and always allow a possibility of a god, but you currently do not believe in one.
>>
File: 1308591807468.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1308591807468.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>>333364126
>wat

Gwyn and the other lords were worshiped as gods by humans, but they were actually mortal beings with incredible power that lived in a civilization lost past its prime. One of the worshiped lords was artificially created, or do I need to spoon feed you that one too?
>>
>>333364082
If they were real I would acknowledge their existence, but probably wouldn't like them much unless they gave me a dick made of gold that ejaculates chocolate.
>>
>>333364267
Evil backers forced glorious obsidian release their game too early, before it was even half finished
>>
>>333364131

This.

An atheist, by definition, can not "hate" a god. That would imply they believe that the god in question is real (after all, you can't truly hate a person if they're not real), at which point they're no longer an atheist.

Remember:

>Doesn't believe in god: Atheist
>Hates god: Edgy 13 year old

Hope that helps.
>>
>>333364159
but you play anime games anon, I don't want to talk with you
>>
>>333364267
>Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur’s Gate, add in the fun, intense combat and dungeon diving of Icewind Dale, and tie it all together with the emotional writing and mature thematic exploration of Planescape: Torment.

And instead we got exploration of ArcaniA: Gothic 4, combat of Planescape Torment and writing of Icewind Dale.
>>
>>333364341
>nito
>mortal being
play the game!
>>
>>333351983
If you knew anything about the history of philosophy, you would understand that it's an actual real philosophical position that is among other things at the core of gnosticism.

The idea that if the gods exist, they are unworthy of worship, isn't actually odd.

Fuck, you listed PS:T, which is in a world where enough belief can literally will gods in and out of existence. They have an order of atheists powerful enough that gods are depowered when anywhere near their main stronghold.
>>
>>333364447
>combat of Planescape Torment
this is too much
>>
File: 1312405156790.jpg (159 KB, 1000x1208) Image search: [Google]
1312405156790.jpg
159 KB, 1000x1208
>>333364473
>nito
>mortal being

Then who did I kill in his lair!
>>
>>333364447
You really seem quite upset.

Is it because there are too much words and they hurt your brain?
>>
Religious fags are some of the biggest whiners in games. I would tell you to go back to /pol/, but I go there, and I don't want you freaks to fuck up my board, so have a

>>>/his/
>>
>>333364341
That's not even close to the same thing. Gwyn wasn't an engineered soul machine. The only character in the game that comes close to applicable is Gwynevere. But she's an illusion with no real power.
>>
>>333364517
PLAY THE GAME!
>>
>>333364447
and you got the balance of an MMO
>>
>>333363603
God I hope not.
>>
>>333364310
i'm still waiting bro
>>333364142
>no real choice
post some games with real choices
>>
>>333364135
>it's all deterministic

Although this could be true in theory, there is no way to verify that thesis. Classic physics are deterministic, but you can't actually predict discrete events on the subatomic level. And without any sort of proof to back that claim, it's merely an opinion, just like the ones from religionfags.
>>
>>333355029
Evhemerism was a thing. The gods as powerful ancient kings who were divinized.

Also the gods in FR are never depicted as omnipresent. Umberlee being demoted during the Time of Troubles didn't change the climate of Faerun.

Only two goddesses in FR have any claim to being remotely demiurges, Selune and Shar, and there's a few gods from pantheons of other planets.
>>
>>333364570
She has power over my dick.
>>
>>333364334
>Simple as that, you can't just say "I dont know", that's not an answer to a question " you believe "
>If you currently don't believe, as in you are not in an active process of believing in something, you are an atheist by detention, possibly an agnostic atheist since you are not sure in your knowledge and always allow a possibility of a god, but you currently do not believe in one.

>Binaries
Protip, being unsure IS an answer. There are thousands of people who won't answre you with yes or no and instead will tell you they believe in both possibilities but can't decide on either due to lack of evidence behind both.
You just proved what a shitty human being you are if you think everything is binary black and white.
>>
Based Obsidian should really go for christian mythology for their next masterpiece just to piss some slaves on
>>
>>333357328
>like we did with the biodrones
We're still here, faggot
>>
>>333361864
>the biggest shit storm games from yesteryear.
No it wasn't
>>
File: 1430376490652.jpg (132 KB, 652x573) Image search: [Google]
1430376490652.jpg
132 KB, 652x573
>>333364481
People should read up on the gnostics. They were pretty interesting. I find their beliefs fascinating. The idea that there is only one "God" that is actually a Force of Evil and changes his face for each civilization and manipulates people into worshipping him and, even better, to kill each other for him just to feed his ego is quite an advanced and dangerous belief given the date when they came up with this idea.
>>
>>333364696
That was Gwyndolin.
>>
>>333364871
Shit son now you got me thinking.
>>
>>333364807
I unironically like Gaider for HotU and making Ascension.
>>
>>333364871
You literally described Satan.
>>
File: 1320636211044.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1320636211044.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>333364570
>That's not even close to the same thing.

It is the same. Nice goal moving you're doing there. If you're the same person your post went from

>pantheon of gods people are so intent on fighting over is an artificial installation by a civilization long dead.

To

>Gwyn wasn't an engineered soul machine.

Essentially saying that now they have to be machine Gods, and people have to be fighting over them. You're so far up your own ass you came clear out the other end and can't smell the bullshit you pass along the way. Even if you move the goal post, goal block, goal deny, goal contest, I'm still right cause I posted a dozen different variations of the "civilization created god" and all the twists that go with it a few posts above.

Engineered soul machine that makes god? Sounds like Tales of Symphonia and Grandia 2. Stop spending your time talking about shit you don't know and go play video games faggot.
>>
>>333361814
So, your opinion? Gotcha.

>>333361696
But he isn't. Because the one true God is The Emperor. He even has books. Dozens of books, in fact. He is more of a God than any of these meme religions like Christianity or Islam or Judaism or Buddhism.
>>
>>333363445

I pirated it a few weeks back. Needs a shitload of optimization, but from what I've seen of the story, dialogues, fighting and such, it seems to be shaping up to be a good game.
>>
>>333364667
>post some games with real choices
Witcher games
Gothic games (Arcania is no longer Gothic mind you)
PS:T
VtM:B
MotB
KotOR2
>>
>>333363828
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>333363116
They aren't. Not by the God of Classical Theism definition.

God is:

Omnipotent (All Powerful)
Omniscient (All Knowing)
Omnipresent (All Places)
Omnibenevolent (All Good)

They might be everywhere, but that does not make them a God.
>>
>>333364956
Gnostics believed that Lucifer was actually a good guy who was trying to help people by guiding them away from god and to start thinking for themselves, hence the whole apple in the garden thing.
>>
>>333364447
>motb
>real choices
My sides
>>
>>333365063
Those are Judeo-Christian definitions of THE God, faggot.
>>
>>333365026
>MotB
nice try obsidrone, opinion discarded
>>
>>333365106
>>333365175
>i will cherrypick this one irrelevant NPC conversation and instead ignore how there actual major story changing choices in the game
>>
>>333364274
how do you know they aren't
>>
>>333365227
keep crying obsidrone
>>
>>333364968
>Essentially saying that now they have to be machine Gods, and people have to be fighting over them.

That's what a wrote though.

>Sounds like Tales of Symphonia and Grandia 2

In what way?
>>
>>333365154
Abrahamic Religions, yes. Islam is an Abrahamic religion too.

Therefore, going on that description, they are not Gods. Which is why I quantified that with the God of Classical Theism. Which is what I said.

When you don't quantify that, then you open up so many fucking possibilities. Superman becomes a God. Rogue becomes a God. Scarlet Witch becomes a God. Flash becomes a God. Adam Warlock becomes a God. Thanos is a God. Galacticus is a God.

I could go on.
>>
File: ryuk.jpg (423 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
ryuk.jpg
423 KB, 1536x1152
How about this game writing, still better than pillars?
>>
>>333365406
lol no
>>
>>333365406
Main story is weak but at least everything else is better and you get a bunch of options for quests.
>>
File: 1390052265075.png (914 KB, 620x849) Image search: [Google]
1390052265075.png
914 KB, 620x849
>>333364609

I did play the game and I killed Papa Neeto. You need to accept it that if you can kill something, then it was alive and mortal.

Stop playing at semantics

>uhhh anon, he was the lord over death, he was never alive to begin with
>uhhh anon, nito still continues in his lord vessel which can essentially turn its bearer into nito
>uhhh anon, nito wasn't created, the energies released upon death coagulated giving nito form
>>
>>333365406
It's a Larian game. So no. You can hope on the gameplay, but I have doubts due to their record.
>>
>>333365227
>you can defend or attack real if god but you will be still present with 3 same choices in the end, destroy, control, submit
>there no choices that will change something for you during your journey, at best you will just avoid few fights
>>
>>333365406
The story is weak since it's literally just "You are the Chosen One, ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS" but there's a lot of ways to complete quests and different orders in which you can do them which alters dialogue significantly as well.

As a whole game, it's considerably better than Pillars.
>>
>>333365406
Kiddy garbage
Don't even compare it to the obsidian tasteful writing style
>>
Why is /pol/ so caustic to anyone who isn't red hot American Christian? Aren't they trying to act enlightened?
>>
>>333365237
satellite pictures don't show any visible civilizations so if they do exist, they are still tribals living in caves, but then that would prove your theory wrong. By your logic they should be at the same stage as we are now.
>>
>>333365535
>realm of
Fucking iPhone
>>
File: 09.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>333365526
>>
File: 1341631586370.png (38 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1341631586370.png
38 KB, 256x256
>>333365348
>In what way?

Play the games. Or watch other people play them, that's what you hip kids are into. If you can't be assed to play video games, then what you wrote, is exactly what happens in them.
>>
>>333365623
Why are you bringing up that bogeyman for no reason at all? To up the post count?
>>
>>333365585
This
>>
>>333358324
So it's a game that strives for realism then?
>>
>>333364082
I do not bend the knee to kings no matter how high and lofty they may be. It's not a new or particularly edgy philosophical position, rejection of worship and rejection of monarchy and hierarchies have gone hand in hand to some extent for centuries.

>>333364274
There's no known planets similar to our earth, the closest to earth-like worlds we can detect from afar are borderline giants or generally too far from their star to be in the same position.
>>
>>333365601
I was waiting for your contribution, keep fighting the good fight
>>
>>333350024
Yeah that ending revelation was shit.
>>
>>333353130
Don't listen to the retards in this thread.

There is no "message" although there is a big revelation that ends up being very anti-climatic in Pillars of Eternity which is that the gods are man-made.
They are definitely real though, and your character's reaction to that isn't well defined.
People also get angry because there's a character from your past life who rejects the gods and people see her a self-insert for atheists.
>>
>>333365708
Because OP baited it with DUDE ATHEISM LMAO and I'm just asking.
>>
I think christians should not be allowed to play pillars of eternity
too much bias by default
>>
>>333364956
Satan is a good guy, he brought light, reason (sophia) and knowledge, where the demiurge wants people ignorant.

Even in the writings of some modern christian sects, aspects of gnosticism seep in.
>>
Oh, look, it's a 'butthurt christfag can't handle the truth' thread.
>>
>>333365406
Good combat system with crap char gen and even worse encounter design.

Story and writing are usual Larian garbage. Tries to go for the same kind of humoro as Pratchett but falls flat on its face.

Quests are nice because they have multiple solutions.

As always in a Larian game, the music is the best and most memorable part of it. It's a shame that Kirill Pokrovsky died after DivOS so now Larian will fall short on the one thing they used to shine in all future games they make.
>>
>>333365896
So he is a Prometheus ripoff, uh?
>>
>>333365991
In case you haven't realized yet, all the major religions on earth actually share the same core concepts.
>>
>>333365684
There's a pantheon of artificial soul robot gods made by an ancient civilization in them?

Pretty sure Cruxis aren't gods, they're at most divine instruments of the elemental divines. They weren't manufactured, either.

You're right about Grandia 2, though. So that's one.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (64 KB, 600x694) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
64 KB, 600x694
>>333366045
>the same core concepts
Such as...?
>>
>>333365991
Well yeah, a lot of gnosticism was linked to efforts by Egyptian jews to hellenize judaism.

I mean, to some extent it's not even particularly unique, and the devil/lucifer/serpent connection took a long time to cement itself in the early middle ages. Even Paradise Lost has the devil being more of a Prometheus figure than a prime evil, even though Milton defended himself of it during his lifetime, and a lot of the early reformers were very actively considering taking out Revelation (which has a lot to do with turning the figure who in the Torah and the gospels merely tests into a prime evil that is everything bad on earth) from the canon.
>>
>>333366113
life after death
>>
>>333366113
Mercilessly kill your enemies, including children and animals.
Marry/rape little girls.
Own some slaves.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.