[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally beat this, and I know some people like to say it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: bloodborne cover.jpg (308 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne cover.jpg
308 KB, 819x1024
I finally beat this, and I know some people like to say it's the hardest Souls game, but honestly I thought it was pretty easy.

I beat Paarl, Mergo, Micolash, on my first try, MP, Ebrietas, and Rom on my 2nd, as did most of the other bosses. Gehrman took me a few tries, but I thought the hardest boss by far was Logarius.

What does /v/ think about the difficulty?
>>
Chalices are bullshit.
>>
>>333349816
They're bullshit, but they're not that hard.
>>
>>333349613

Entirely dependant on the player.

Farm=easier experience
Vast experience with souls games=easier experience
Strength build with axe=easier experience
Summon=easy as fuck experience

what build did you go? Did you summon?

And yes other than Gerhman, Ebrietas and Logarius none of the bosses were really hard.

Ludwig and Orphan are pretty hard though. But again, farming does help a lot.
>>
>>333350327
Gehrman and Logarius are parry bait, and I really have no idea what happens in the Ebrietas fight but I've never died to her in my three playthroughs.

Ludwig and Orphan are motherfuckers.
>>
vanilla BB is probably one of the easier games but the DLC and Defiled Chalice are probably the toughest Souls content.
>>
Logarius and Ebrietas brought me days of grief.
Found Maria and Orphan to be strange. Not hard, but weird to handle.
>>
>>333349613
I was buttraped by Paarl because I found him at level 25-30 or so. 2 hits and I was dead, and some attacks would kill me outright no matter what.
>>
>>333349613
This and Dark Souls were the only games that gave me a challenge. From the previous games the only obstacle was the Maneaters.
>>
>>333351428
DSII DLC is the hardest stuff in the series, it is a different kind of difficulty though.

Only thing in Vanilla DS2 that was an issue was royal rat authority.
>>
File: 1432637506987.jpg (39 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1432637506987.jpg
39 KB, 447x444
>>333349613

I only put 3-4 points into vitality up until Rom, so pretty much everything was 2 shotting me.

Then my friend pointed out how that was stupid as hell.

I'm guessing most of the bosses and enemies going forward will be much easier.
>>
>>333351637
I disagree, I didn't think the DSII DLC was all that hard, but the Forest of Giants or whatever the first area is was probably the most I've struggled in any of these games.
>>
>>333349613
>some people like to say it's the hardest Souls game
You just discovered that a lot of people are wrong, about a lot of things. BB is only the hardest Souls game if you played the previous entries slowly walking forward with your shield held up. If you spend any time learning to dodge attacks, BB probably has the easiest combat of any Souls game.

Orphan of Kos is a really enjoyable challenge though, one of the best bosses in the series.
>>
>>333351637
Those are the only DLC's that I haven't played yet.
>>
File: 1457531931096.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457531931096.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
>do chalices
>super easy until the arcane spamming nigger faggot spider
>>
>>333350549
I only got to saw 2-3 of Ebrietas's attacks first time around because I pretty much stunlocked her with charged Kirkhammer attacks during the entire fight. Then I fought her again in Chalice dungeons and yeah, I get it, she's a tough boss.
>>
>>333351783
Did you dump all your points into END like I did on my first playthrough?

It's pretty funny how easy it becomes to tank things in the game once you get a bunch of vitality and rally runes. In vanilla, you can pretty thoughtlessly R1 spam your way to victory in every situation.
>>
>>333351790
Did you summon? All of the DSII DLC areas were scaled for multiple people and which inherently just made them harder, summoning makes everything in souls significantly easier.

Reason why the completion rate is so high compared to other games is because you don't have to even beat the game by yourself.
>>
>>333351930
>being beaten by a literal retard
>>
>>333351637
To this day, 2kats is the only boss in any video game I've given up on.

Didn't help that I was playing Jackie Chan at the time. I guess I could beat them with a real build.
>>
>>333352051
I'm doing a (mostly) blind run, which included not knowing anything about stats, so I spread them around a bit. If I could take it back, I would put Arcane down to the fucking negatives, considering you don't even get any "spells" for the first half of the game.
>>
>>333352119
No, I didn't summon much. Maybe it's just machismo clouding my memories, because now that I think about it, I died a billion times in the horsecock rape blizzard field in the Ivory DLC.

Pretty sure I tried summoning there too but everyone would always die and I'd constantly get invaded by faggots.
>>
>>333349613
All the souls games are fairly easier once you know what to do. Just got my BB plat though, fucking rad.
>>
>>333352284
Yeah, arcane is kind of complete shit. The one really worthwhile spell (post-patch) does the exact same thing as a gun (except it can also backstab) but it's slow as hell. Everything else is gimmicky and useless. Especially the spray type weapons.

Not counting ridiculous PvP shenanigans.
>>
>>333349613
No one ever said it was the hardest. DaSII is the hardest because of it's lazy level design.
>>
>>333350327
I didn't really farm all that much, and my only other experience with Souls is a half finished Dark Souls playthrough.

For weapons, I went Saw, Cane, and Ludwig's blade. I summoned on Ebrietas and my first attempt on Rom (but then I realized how he did absolutely nothing so I didn't summon the second time).

I'm too poor for the expansion, but when I get some cash I'd love to try it.
>>
I beat all other soul games and yeah, I think BB was the easiest by far. I beat nearly half of the bosses on my first try.

That being said BB was a game pretty much suited to my play style as I never used a shield, always 2 handed and rolled around in other games, so it was easy to get into BB.

Chalice Dungeons where they constantly spam spiders and half your health can suck my dick though.

Also holy fuck Laurence the first Vicar on NG+ took my like a week for some reason.
>>
>>333352613
Augur of Ebrietas doesn't just open up riposte windows though. It can flat out knock down almost anything the size of a watcher and below. Even if it's slower than the blunderbuss, that alone makes it completely OP against bosses like Maria or the Keeper. Scoring a riposte is just icing on the cake really.
>>
I found it pretty difficult since I've never been good at parrying in Souls anyway and my preferred strategy was turtling a bit. After BB though I can't play the others the same anymore and they've become a lot easier once I adapted to just dodging through everything without a shield. BB forced me to git gud more than any game since my first experience with DaS due to the differences in combat mechanics and personal playing method.
>>
>>333352120
It's bullshit, the small spiders disappear and reappear in front of you because console and faggot spider spam arcane.
>>
>>333352984
Yeah that's true, I'm underselling it a bit. I'm just bitter about arcane in Bloodborne. Personally, my arcane build used the HMS, which meant the augur replaced my gun.

But of course, if you wanted hard knockdown cheesing, there's always spin2win.
>>
>>333352806
Kinda, all you have to do for the worst areas is powerlevel a bit. Seriously after I beat cave tseldora and amana shrine I absolutely rocked the rest of the game with my red rust twinblade and veringard set or whatever. I was fucking unstoppable, DaSII may be difficult but it is by far the easiest souls game to be an OP piece of shit in.
>>
>>333353143
Use bolt or just ignore them. The arcane attacks are really easy to dodge.
>>
>>333353231
>But of course, if you wanted hard knockdown cheesing, there's always spin2win.

You know, I just realized I never did any playthrough with the axe. I think I tried spin2win for about 30 minutes before deciding it just wasn't for me and that I got more mileage playing footsies with the cane or just R1 spam with the cleavers.
>>
>>333353143
With all the tension the red spider phantoms give me, I'm kind of shocked they didn't use the giant spider from Mensis more often as an uncommon chalice enemy.
>>
>>333353143
The first few teleports of Rom seem to be fixed in chalice dungeons, and you can hit her while she's still invisible. I had tons of trouble with her until went balls-out damage by sprinting to where she was going to appear.

>>333353431
Should try it. If only because it makes the Crow of Cainhurst laughably easy, which is a nice change of pace.

I think the axe and the cleaver are the best weapons in the entire game, bar none. Maybe the spear can come too.
>>
>>333349613
Dark souls 2 > Dark souls 1 > Bloodborne > Dark souls 3 > Demons Souls
in terms of difficulty in my opinion.
>>
>>333353618
>spear
The other weapon I never got into.
>>
>>333353746
I think I'd agree. Minus Dark Souls 3 because I haven't played it yet.

I'm replaying Dark Souls 1 and trying not to use all the gamebreaking shit like getting a +5 fire weapon right off the bad, and it's way harder than I remember.
>>
>>333349613
For some reason this game was mind-bendingly hard for me at the beginning, I think because I wanted to save all my bloodstone for a desginated weapon (wasn't sure what build I wanted to do) so I had gimped myself pretty hard.

Cleric beast took me no joke around 20 tries to kill. I was so pissed off at myself that I was getting recked so hard by the first boss and I had played every other Souls game.

Blood-starved Beast had me flinging my shit in handfuls at my PS4. Strangely, after Amalia the bosses got way more enjoyable. Probably the most boss I had trouble on after Amalia was maybe Amygdala and of course OoK
>>
>>333354002
Well in Dark souls 3, the only boss I've died too more then once is the super secret final special ultra boss. For real though he's pretty fucking hard.
>>
>>333353746
I had more trouble with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne and almost none at all with Dark Souls.
>>
>>333353143
Rom is one of the few bosses I think is TOO easy once you figure her out.

The trick is to kill all the spiders first. Idk what you mean about them disappearing but you can pretty easily dodge one and get to its back and kill it, and have enough time to dodge immediately after. After killing a spider look at Rom and see what shes doing. If shes on her back back away, if she is standing up start rolling. Once she finishes attacking you kill another spider quickly. Rinse and repeat.

Very easy boss.
>>
>>333354032
Game was pretty tough at times early on, especially against some bosses that I just couldn't wrap my head around and kept fucking up against. These days I can't even believe how I had so much trouble when it's feels so simple now.

That fat asshole with the hood and executioner axe just outside Iosefka's Clinic still fucks my shit up every new game and I just don't know why.
>>
>>333349613
Outside of my first run of dark souls it was the hardest. My first play through of bb I went very low vit so almost everything 2 shot me. However, if youre intelligent enough to just vit gouge and go bare min wep equip stats, its the easiest.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160327160616.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160327160616.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
For a newcomer to the series the game is tough but for a veteran the only real fights that are hard are in the DLC on NG+ and beyond and in the chalice dungeons
>>
>>333354143
I've ony played demons souls twice but the 2nd time I had a total of 2 deaths the entire game, then I went and played dark souls after and had a lot more deaths.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.