[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Destiny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: images (1).jpg (30 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
30 KB, 512x288
why do all of you bastards hate this incredibly well construct and beautiful game?
>also general destiny love thread
>>
>>333347589
Stupid grindfest where the devs seem to think MORE HP = HARDER BOSS. It's a perfect allegory for your mom, 4 spergs spraying their loads all over for 30 min or more and then they all leave unsatisfied with no subsequent contact
>>
File: 983465082346502.jpg (10 KB, 376x235) Image search: [Google]
983465082346502.jpg
10 KB, 376x235
I hate it cause 5 of my friends have been playing it pretty much nonstop for the past 2 years and refuse to stop playing it and try something new with me even though they incessantly talk shit about it.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem.
>>
I like the game.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg (297 KB, 768x771) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg
297 KB, 768x771
Because its a shitty grindfest with no depth and anyone expecting a good story was severely disappointed

Also because of how squandered it's potential was

Also because no one likes obscene amounts of DLC that remove content and also has microtransactions
>>
File: db_destiny_214.jpg (157 KB, 1600x815) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_214.jpg
157 KB, 1600x815
>>333349329
Never ever

https://youtu.be/ZiDbv7nftM8
>>
>>333349329
Activision had bungie redo the story and wanted them to introduce a more DLC-focused model in summer 2013, after e3.

This is when the game was ripped to shreds and turned into the shit we got
>>
File: 1366085919761.jpg (23 KB, 441x228) Image search: [Google]
1366085919761.jpg
23 KB, 441x228
>Bungie leaves Microsoft because they wanted more creative control
>Bungie then signs a 10 year fucking contract with ACTIVISION
Bungie is straight up retarded. Activision is the only publisher that can actually make EA look good.
>>
>>333350245
And then after all the talent left after destiny's horrendous cuckening, the hollow shell that was left of "bungie" fired Marty O'Donnell, a fucking founding member of the company who had been with them for over a decade, immediately after he had finished composing ten years worth of music for them

Fuck. That.

At least he sued them and won.
>>
>concept art and early trailers hype up this awesome sci-fi world and RPG
>actual game comes out
>shitty campaign
>once you beat that you just run the same few strikes over and over and over again
>no real story besides mary sue "no time to explain" bot and oryx parking his ship by saturn so you can kill him
>all the lore is hidden behind grimoire cards on bungie.net

back in 2014 when everybody realized how shitty Destiny was turning out I remember my depression actually getting worse, 0 escape from the mediocrity even in video games
>>
File: db_destiny_221.jpg (262 KB, 1359x1600) Image search: [Google]
db_destiny_221.jpg
262 KB, 1359x1600
>>333350729
Oh, the original game was good.

The original e3 showing they did was amazing.

Then, Activision made them change the story because they felt it wouldn't appeal to a wide audience, and made them restructure the whole game to allow for a more DLC focused plan

The taken ship area got cut

The Chicago ruins area got cut

Europa got cut

The Mars ancient ruins got cut

And plenty of dungeons and raids got cut

Basically, they had to redo the entire game in 1 year (a game they had been working on for over 6 years) at
Activision's request because the contract allowed for them to do that

Now I'm not saying "oh no, poor bungie dindu nothing wrong."
They did do wrong by signing with Activision and allowing this to happen
>>
Destiny seems like the sort of game that definitely would have been disappointing to anyone who was actually following it pre-release, but I just started playing it and I'm having a fun time with it having gone in with negative expectations. It definitely could have been something much greater though.
>>
Bad:
>30fps
>low content
>Jewish DLC plan
>DLC adds shit-all for your money
>microtransactions alongside DLC
>no matchmaking for raids and SHIT social features like no trading
>no story in game. Have to read cards on an outside website because story was scrapped by Activision.

Good:
>Dat music (they fired the composer who wrote it)
>great aesthetics and visuals (still, 30fps)
>solid core gameplay (needs more variety)
>lots of potential in sequel if Activision gets its fucking head out of its ass
>driving the speeders is alot of fun
>>
>>333347820

^
Destiny is a mediocre RPG disguised as a shooter.
>>
>>333350245
And then Activision proceeded to cut and gut the game to sell DLC. There is still features that have yet to be put in the game. I'm guessing it will be in destiny 2 or some other DLC. Bungie really fucked up with signing on with Activision.
>>
>>333352641
How is it a roleplaying game at all?
There are no significant dialogue choices, or depth to stats & combat - it's just a basic ass shooter
>>
>>333347589
Adding more HP to enemies does not make it well constructed anon.
>>
>>333354105
also not being able to trade loot is NOT a feature
>>
File: 328171.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
328171.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>333347589
Because I liked the concept art too much.
>>
>>333347820
actually the boss fights are something that destiny does extremely well
lots of unique mechanics
>>
The game needed mountains more content and still does. Once you hit end game there's really only one thing to do over and over again, the current raid.
>>
I hate it, because I WANT to love it. :'(

Seriously, it really sucks. The game had so much potential, and it was fucking ruined by Activision. Bungie should've stood up for their vision of the game more, but i guess they were contractually obligated to follow the orders.

R.i.p bungie, you fucking idiots, and FUCK Activision
>>
>>333355341
>Bungie should've stood up for their vision of the game more
You do realize the state of Destiny is all Bungie's fault, right? Bungie didn't have to sign with Activision but they wanted money and when it comes to generating lots of money no one is better than Activision.
>>
>>333355792
Thats why I called them fucking idiots

They are both at fault, Considering how if Activision didn't stick their dick where they don't belong, the game probably would've been much better
>>
so much wasted potential with a beautifully designed game and world. also, multiple DLCS's which were not worth their price is kinda gay.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.