[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once again I stand atop the broken bodies of my enemies... -
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13
Once again I stand atop the broken bodies of my enemies... - Victorious but not unscarred. - The Earth-borne Directorate has been destroyed. - And the Overmind lies dead and trampled beneath the ashes of Char. - As for my unlikely allies, I think that I shall allow them a reprieve. - For in time I will seek to test their resolve, and their strengths. - They will all be mine in the end, for I am the Queen of Blades. - None shall ever dispute my rule again.
>>
File: we xmen nao.png (822 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
we xmen nao.png
822 KB, 1000x562
>>
Such a great ending and moment.

And then SC2 ruined it all.
>>
File: 1458093459121.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458093459121.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>333335608
Star Craft haD possibly the best dialogue of any game ever. What the fuck happened?
>>
File: kerrigan_countessKerrigan.webm (745 KB, 1480x800) Image search: [Google]
kerrigan_countessKerrigan.webm
745 KB, 1480x800
>>
File: artanis.jpg (139 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
artanis.jpg
139 KB, 1200x630
This motherfucker is one of the shittiest protags I've seen in years.

Roughly 100% of his dialogue with other characters is them saying something emotional/racist and him telling them that they're wrong and that they should use logic. He has no fucking personality at all, he's just a neckbeard's wet dream where everyone is drawn to his way of thinking because of how fucking logical he is.

Kerrigan was all over the place but at least she had some personality.
>>
>>333335787
They needed to appeal to a broader audience.
>>
File: artanis_hierarchOfTheDaelaam.webm (979 KB, 1480x800) Image search: [Google]
artanis_hierarchOfTheDaelaam.webm
979 KB, 1480x800
>>
>>333335256
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: Kerrigan.jpg (98 KB, 580x760) Image search: [Google]
Kerrigan.jpg
98 KB, 580x760
Kerrigan: You know, Admiral, I think I'll just massacre your remaining troops and watch you die in agony. How would that be?
Admiral Gerard DuGalle: You vastly underestimate me, my dear.
Kerrigan: I don't think so, Admiral. You see, at this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe. And not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again.
>>
>>333335608
>>333335787
I used to think that as well, but after playing through the SC2 campaign recently and the replaying SC1 campaigns again, the dialogue and the way the story is presented is pretty consistent between the two games.

Just play the first level of Protoss in SC1 again and listen to Fenix talk. It's like it was written by a 7 year old.
>>
>>333336110
damn...
>>
File: nova_dominionGhost.webm (425 KB, 1480x800) Image search: [Google]
nova_dominionGhost.webm
425 KB, 1480x800
How were the Nova missions?
>>
File: 1458669597276.jpg (42 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
1458669597276.jpg
42 KB, 500x486
>>333336327
>ywnp sc:g
>>
>>333335910
Isn't he supposed to be pretty young for a protoss though?
>>
File: nova.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nova.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>333336456
>>
File: 1422905453373.jpg (76 KB, 600x583) Image search: [Google]
1422905453373.jpg
76 KB, 600x583
>>333336543
>>
>>333336609
you ok anon?
>>
>>333336543
she doesn't even look that qt in the game.
>>
Do you guys remember the unreal hyper that came when they announced sc2?

I remember thinking my life would be complete. That God had provided a miracle for us as a sign of his love.

I was so excited, that I couldn't control myself, even while I was playing it. I finished all of WoL, got to the credits, and pondered what I had just played. Was so hyped up that it took me the entire game to realize that God had played a cruel trick on us, like a seemingly benevolent person who gives poisoned candy to children.
>>
>>333336728
WoL was pretty good. Nothing could stand up to expectations that were built up for 12 years.
>>
Gerard DuGalle: Who the... what the hell are you?

Sarah Kerrigan: I am Kerrigan. The Zerg you have killed here, and the Overmind which you've come to collect, are mine. As is our mutual friend Lieutenant Duran. You see, Admiral, there are several groups in this sector who feel your presence here causes certain... complications. I am here to make sure your reign is short-lived.

Gerard DuGalle: You may find that difficult, you abomination, seeing as how I have the means to disrupt your control of the Zerg.

Sarah Kerrigan: Ah yes, you're referring to your vaunted psi disruptor. It won't last you forever. Sooner or later, I'll destroy it. Then I'll show you what the Zerg are really capable of. Oh, and by the way, Admiral, your friend Stukov was twice the man you are. I'm glad you saved me the trouble of killing him.
>>
>>333336514
He's still portrayed as being way smarter than the other protoss who cling to tradition and shit
>>
>>333336728
What was so bad about it? I played it recently and it was a lot more fun that the SC1 campaigns, which I have just played through.

In SC1 most levels are the same formula, you start with 1 base and there are 3-6 enemy bases. They mildly attack you while you build up a large unstoppable army and crush their bases one by one.

SC2 has tons more interesting things going on in the levels, much better AI, etc.

And like I said above, story-wise, they're about on par.
>>
>>333336897
campaign was garbage. The matchmaking though was fucking amazing I will admit. I got a good two years of genuine enjoyment out of that.

But yeah, that hype was unreal.
>>
>>333336728
I was underwhelmed by the single player, which I was looking forward to. But I was addicted to the multi-player for a couple years on and off. 4v4 was a lot of fun. I would get drunk and spam stalkers and pylons everywhere and wreck shit. I also got relatively good at rushing battlecruisers, which is so satisfying if you can pull it off.
>>
>>333337092
theres no way to know if this is a shill or just an idiot, and both possibilities leave me feeling cold

they just never stop coming

more marketers sell their souls, and more imbeciles are born
>>
>>333337278
Having a different opinion = shill?

It's simply a fact that the SC2 levels are way more interesting gameplay-wise than SC1. If you don't agree with that you have your nostalgia goggles glued to your skull.
>>
>>333337092
I started the thread. As I stated before, my problem was the dialogue. It felt so half-assed and I couldn't care about the characters anymore.
>>
>>333337272
Remember tower rushing with toss? When I was in the beta, the first time someone did that to me I was so bamboozled.

Was so much fun doing that to people before most people caught on to that kind of shit.
>>
File: 1459294702064.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1459294702064.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>333337482
>mfw dropping in a probe behind your eney's base, spawning a pylon, and warping in 30 stalkers
>>
>>333337272
Underwhelmed by LotV's single player, or of the whole trilogy?

I personally really enjoyed the first two campaigns. Yeah, the story was pretty consistently retarded but the missions were pretty varied and fun to play, especially in WoL. LotV was pretty disappointing in this regard, since most of the missions boiled down to "destroy five of something oh by the way there's also some gimmick I thought of ten seconds ago".
>>
I think splitting it out into 3 games spread over 6 years was a mistake. I was really hyped and enjoyed WoL, but didn't bother with the other 2 and has lost interest at that point. Blizzard may have been too conservative with the gameplay.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.