[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was mediocre about this game again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dsii.jpg (63 KB, 522x600) Image search: [Google]
dsii.jpg
63 KB, 522x600
What was mediocre about this game again?
>>
The few things that weren't completely awful.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

if you really want to know watch this.

Nothing else can be said.
>>
its a blur after so many threads

just link that video everyone parrots
>>
File: 1403364926470.jpg (149 KB, 1014x676) Image search: [Google]
1403364926470.jpg
149 KB, 1014x676
>>333317019
>>333317089
9mind
>>
>>333316858
>Shitty level design
>Shitty bosses
>Literal artificial difficulty
>Lazier controls
>McFucking Emerald Herald
I can't see how DS3 will not top DS2 in every single way
>>
>demon's souls and dark souls
>"the game should be challenging. Fair, but difficult. The difficulty isn't there for the sake of being there, but rather a way to immerse the player"
>dark souls 2
>"DUDE JUST PUT ENEMIES EVERYWHERE AND MAKE SURE IT'S XTREMEEE DIFFICULTY LMAO"
>>
>>333316858

>Hard for the sake of being hard unlike Dark Souls and Demon's Souls
>Far too many instances where you end up fighting multiple enemies at once when Souls combat does not lend itself to these situations
>Bad level design that makes no sense
>Terrible bosses
>Over-reliance on boss fights with more than 1 opponent at a time

The bullshit with some enemies reaches a point where I don't feel guilty throwing Lightning Spears all day at them. I'm looking at you, hungry hippos.
>>
Alright, thanks for the perspective everyone.

Another question then, why do so many people here and elsewhere fall back on the "git gud" diatribe when it comes to the difficulty of the game?
>>
>>333319016
It's a lazy meme people use when they don't want to describe that all it takes to get past the difficulty is some thought and patience. The difficulty of Souls is there, but very overstated, so people often dismiss complaints about it.
>>
>>333319016
Because some complaints are just lazy.
It's not worth giving babies a pacifier excuse for why they're failing, when you could instead force them to explore more options by giving them the cold shoulder.
There's nothing better than figuring a problem out by yourself, and getting answers given to you takes that feeling away.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.