[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13
Confess you can't wait for this vidya. I always asked for this.
>>
Though I expected another player character, Jenken is too old already.
>>
>>333310082
Mankind Divided is a great title but why would they make the box art look exactly like Human Revolution? At least give it a different color scheme.

>>333310805
Jensen is based
>>
>>333311335
I don't think this is the official box art yet
>>
Should I play human revo? I only played the original Dude Sex. Is the director's cut ok on steam or are there issues? Also the only places giving it a good rating are literally who's and Polygon gave it a 9/10 so I'm uneasy.
>>
>>333311784
yes, you should, though it's very stealth-oriented.
>>
>>333312247
That's the best way to play the original though

>>333311784
>Also the only places giving it a good rating are literally who's
It was pretty widely critically acclaimed, wasn't it
>>
>>333312247
I like stealth tho. I haven't played a good one since I replayed Thief Gold a few months ago. Aight i'll snag it for like 5 buckaroos.
>>
>>333312247
You can go guns blazing anon, no need to lie.
>>
>>333312494
only in the lowest difficulty.
>>
File: 1459504411852.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1459504411852.png
58 KB, 645x773
>>333310082

Why did you have to remind me... FUCK
>>
>>333312332
I just was looking at the steam page. Went to meta and there were more reliable sites. Thanks. Is M&K support good? Or should I controller?
>>
File: 1458323453132.jpg (425 KB, 1024x415) Image search: [Google]
1458323453132.jpg
425 KB, 1024x415
>>333310082
>DENOVU

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>333312650
It's a good PC port
>>
File: 1458325988115.jpg (509 KB, 775x1110) Image search: [Google]
1458325988115.jpg
509 KB, 775x1110
>>333312668
>>
>>333310082
Judging by their trailer, they're moving more and more away from the levity of Deus Ex, prominent in all the previous games.
>>
I fully expect it to have atrocious performance and for sales to be so utterly underwhelming that they'll can the whole series.

I hope it's not the case but I somehow see it coming.
>>
File: jensen.jpg (77 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
jensen.jpg
77 KB, 800x488
>>333312856

Doubt it. The Deus Ex series have always been a breath of fresh air. Although the stories get a little cheesy with all the Illuminati stuff the games are always enjoyable.
>>
>still not out until fucking A U G U S T

Kill me

I have to try and pass 4 months with dark souls III and witcher if they would fucking release fucking blood and wine fuck
>>
File: dsrfhg.jpg (6 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
dsrfhg.jpg
6 KB, 500x300
>>333312668

7 MONTHS
M
O
N
T
H
S
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 534x486
>>333312595
>>
>>333312802

I doubt Jensen will be much different, he was no Denton to begin with. Really, it was just JC acting an outrageous asshole to everyone he meets
>>
>>333313095
?
>>
>>333312668
>I'm a thief
Ok
>>
>>333313363
Can you honestly not imagine how a Deus Ex fan might find invasive DRM to be in bad taste?
>>
I've had to wait 5 years for the sequel. I dunno if I want to believe.
>>
>>333312786
>>333313095

The down side to this game is its tough DRM? Holy shit you people are extremely greedy. I'm glad I have a well paying job to buy my entertainment.
>>
It was going to be a day one buy for me, but then Square adopted Denuvo. Shameful.
>>
>>333313775
>muh denuvo

if you're buying a game there's not an issue here?

denuvo only affects pirates, doesn't it?
>>
>>333313883
Some people have principles, you retard. And as it happens the DX series always had the issue of privacy, surveillance, and control over your property as its biggest underlying theme. Even the new games. Remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGzpzlvf0Gs

This is like Eidos Montreal is mocking the fanbase. Distasteful. And I'm not going to support that.
>>
>>333313883
I've yet to see a DRM that only affects pirates. I remember seeing something about Just Cause 3 needing to reauthenticate if you go offline for too long.

That and, you know, piracy is the best trial method if you're not a fan of getting refunded pretend money.
>>
>>333314463
This is pretty terrible.
>>
>>333314463
>We've hacked their site
>>
>>333310082
HR was disappointing so meh.
>>
>>333315098
>>333315217
Well, it was primarily for the ARG if memory serves me right.
>>
>>333314463
drama queen

>>333314682
you could just use your brain and buy games that aren't shit
>>
>>333312668
You can't unlock all the augs in one playthrough. At least you won't be able to max them.
>>
>>333315543
There has never been a game that used Denuvo and wasn't shit though. And anyone supporting cancer is shit.
>>
>>333314463

Denuvo has nothing to do with either privacy nor surveillance. Deus Ex is in no way about people trying to pirate software. Stop being so dramatic.
>>
>>333310082
HR was boring so I'm not that hyped.
>>
>>333315543
I'm trying, but Square doesn't want me to.
>>
>>333315641
You can, though. But you have to maximize exp gain and don't have much room for error.
>>
>>333312786
Almost the entire skill list is barely useful except for 1 of the weapon upgrades maybe.
It is as interesting as leveling in skyrim.

The leveling is not why the game was fun.
>>
no i don't really care about it after seeing all the preorder season pass bullshit.
plus it's square published and they're putting denuvo on all their shit so i care even less.
>>
>>333315645
see now you just sound like sour grapes

and any issues with games that use denuvo aren't caused by denuvo
>>
>>333316045
Wrong. Almost entire skill is very fun and useful except swimming, medicine, maybe environmental training.
>>
>>333316161
>and any issues with games that use denuvo aren't caused by denuvo

Not directly but there is a difference in developers who try to make a good game and who try to only sell their game. Later always suck which is why best games in past few years and indies, almost everything else is same old shit. If you like Denuvo that's fine, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like Squenix.
>>
>>333316282
>Level up low tech
>Oh good, now I can super 1 shot everyone with the dragon tooth.
>>
>>333315964
I've farmed the shit out the game, including cracking all of the computers in police department, among other save scummy things. I wasn't close by the time I got to the last chapter. If it is possible, it's incredibly time consuming and not worth the effort at all.
>>
>>333316512
Low tech is essential for any non-lethal and stealthy playthrough, wtf anon. Better stop posting now.
>>
>>333316282

Nah, skill system always felt weirdly tacked on, the aug upgrades lent a much larger sense of progression that was in keeping with the style of the world.
HR's strategy of combining the two is a pretty solid plan, they only issue is they left out the mutual exclusivity that made the augs system more interesting. Admittedly though Deus Ex kinda fucked that up by not really balancing most of the choices.
>>
>>333315675
did you miss the
>control over your property
part?

and i'm not convinced that a DRM that contacts Denuvo's servers isn't spying on you.

the only way this game could be worse is if it was a windows 10 and windows store exclusive.
>>
>>333316727
>Nah, skill system always felt weirdly tacked on

How?
>>
>>333316572
Well, pretty much all you have to do is
>hack everything
>do the side-quests
>non-lethal takedown everyone
>shoot them for extra exp

Most people skip this last once since apparently that Pacifist achievement is really important to people.

The real point of the argument though isn't whether you'll unlock every single aug, but that you are never truly forced to make a meaningful choice about your build.
>>
File: adam.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
adam.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
>>333310082
KINO
I
N
O
>>
>>333311784
Just buy it dude. Remember to enable developer's commentary, a lot of cool stuff in there.
>>
>>333310082
I was kinda disappointed when they announced it. I still am.
Sure, there's no piss filter anymore, but the yellow aesthetic is annoying. I want my usual blue UIs + colorful neon lights everywhere.
>>
>>333316765

Not really sure how this is losing you control over your property. Unless you're one of those open source nuts, in which case, fuck off.
>>
>>333317207
>>Not really sure how this is losing you control over your property
denuvo prevents modifications to the game.
>>
When I played through Revolution with Pacifist/Ghost achievements I had 26 praxis points unspent, since I had all stealth stuff unlocked already.

It's very unrestrictive game. Literally had everything I need and 26 more skill points.
>>
>>333317016
>>
I'm currently replaying the game, it's still great.
I just hope Mankind divided won't be a full 60+€ release because i'm too poor to buy anything over 40€, feels bad man.
>>
>>333317364
Pretty much the same but I invested some in combat for boss fights that were all shit.
>>
>>333316831

I didn't think it fit with the idea of augs. Augs lend themselves to a perk system where you pick specific things you want to improve about your capabilities, analogous to upgrading firmware, not generally improving some broad category of ability.
>>
>>333317424
>I just hope Mankind divided won't be a full 60+€ release because i'm too poor to buy anything over 40€
it is already confirmed for 60+ euro and season pass.
>>
>>333317312

So? I own a lot of software I can't modify. I own a lot of hardware I can't modify. Nothing about owning that property implies I should be able to easily fuck with it.
>>
>>333315641
You can max all the essential augs,though.
>>
>>333317607
Well, that's what makes me pirate a game, but with denuvo I won't get my hope up.
Maybe i'll settle for a proxy acquired key. Anyway the 60€ games in the current economy is retarded.
>>
>>333317605
Skills have nothing to do with augs and were never supposed to. JC is a trained UNATCO James Bond and he improves his skills by using them just like anyone in real life. Augs help him transcend humanity and help out with shit, just like with anyone in Neuromancer from where DE got all ideas.
>>
>>333317753
>So? I own a lot of software I can't modify. I own a lot of hardware I can't modify. Nothing about owning that property implies I should be able to easily fuck with it.
If you can't modify it you don't own it.

Videogames generally have people making mods for them so not being able to do so is an issue.
>>
>>333317424
>2016
>being yuropoor
kinguin let you preorder for 33. throw in 1 for buyer protection.
>>
>>333317835

>Anyway the 60€ games in the current economy

>europeans
>>
>>333317753
This means these games will never get dedicated modders like the GMDX guy who actually focus on improving gameplay.
>>
>>333317986
Reminder that being anything but European or Korean automatically means you are worse at videogames.
>>
>>333316973
I never did shoot them afterwards. That's probably why. As for the build, I had my build set up about half way through the game since all I did was sneak around and non lethal take down people. If there's one thing HR did wrong, it's the retarded way the experience system worked. It gave maximum reward to a single playstyle that didn't even have that many things necessary for it. So all the cool shit you could do you ended up never doing.
>>
>>333317753
>So? I own a lot of software I can't modify. I own a lot of hardware I can't modify.

Can you name some of them?
>>
>you don't like DRM?
>pirate scum!
>you think the game is expensive?
>lol yuropoor!

What the fuck is even going on in this thread.
>>
>>333318064
playing the same game over and over again sure make anybody gud.
>>
>>333317930

>If you can't modify it you don't own it.

Bullshit, I own my phone, you think I'm going to be pulling off a CPU upgrade on that thing? Of course not. Nothing about ownership implies modifiable. I buy software to allow me to do something, and in this case that something is playing Deus Ex. Nothing else is assumed.
Granted, that doesn't mean I'm happy with that. I'd rather games be as moddable as possible, but don't pull some semantical bullshit about how I don't own the game to try and make this into some kind of moral issue.
>>
>supporting shill devs/publishers
I'm sure they'll never do anything anti-consumer again. We should reward them for their benevolence.
>>
>>333317516
>I invested some in combat for boss fights that were all shit.

I killed them with mines. It only took two or three of those red mines you could snatch from walls.
>>
>>333317986
Greentext as much as you want, the day a video game will cost 1/10th of your monthly budget you'll be upset too.
>>
>>333318161
/v/
>>
>>333311784
>Should I play human revo?

Yes. It is fantastically good. Biggest pleasant surprise of the current decade.
>>
>>333318218

Not really. There are people with 8k+ games in LOL and DOTA that are stuck in low ranks. Same with every game really. And on pro level pretty much everyone spends same amount of time in a game.
>>
>>333318242
>Bullshit, I own my phone, you think I'm going to be pulling off a CPU upgrade on that thing?
Can you root it? No? Then you don't own it.

Can you take it apart and reapply paste/thermal pad to manage heat better? No? Then you don't own it.

Can you mod your videogame? No? Then you don't own it.
>>
>>333317903

>and he improves his skills by using them just like anyone in real life

You don't become a master marksman in 40 hours. Normally this is fine video gamey bullshit, but Deus Ex has an opportunity to make this shit make sense, so when you slap a skill system next to a much more natural upgrade system, it feel far more jarring.
>>
>>333318493

I hate it when I write ridiculous hyperbole in a post to try and ridicule a position and idiots embrace it.

You're retarded, stop playing semantic games in order to make your idiotic stance on consumer rights seem more justified.
>>
>>333318085
>So all the cool shit you could do you ended up never doing.

Well, looking through the list there aren't actually many cool things you can do. You can, what? Improve a minigame? Upgrade the UI? Not really much that requires player input or gives you more things you can do. It's pretty banal, all things considered.
>>
>>333318650
>so when you slap a skill system next to a much more natural upgrade system, it feel far more jarring.

Not really at all, they are upgraded in different ways and have a nice way of progression and ways of suiting your own style.

>so when you slap a skill system next to a much more natural upgrade system

Augs are important for the story and are in no way more natural, if anything they are less natural which is one of the main points in any cyberpunk setting.
>>
>>333318970

>if anything they are less natural which is one of the main points in any cyberpunk setting

Wrong definition of natural there.

Anyway, my point is they had a chance to explain skill progression in a way that actually made sense, and they didn't, whereas HR did. Really all there is to it.
>>
>>333312856
Why underwhelming? This whole augmentation shit is taking the spotlight. Not to mention that the game already has a fanbase and most gamers love this type of games where you can play however you want.
>>
>>333318846
I didn't kill people until about the Malik rescue mission. Stealth+typhon+multiple takedowns+punching through walls+getting to use all of your weapons was pretty fucking fantastic. Also, the passives and icarus were all very useful to have throughout the game in general.
>>
File: michaelobama.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
michaelobama.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>333319278

HR and probably MK felt so one-trick pony compared to the original

its all centered around muh augs and the whole world has them. In the original a huge number of interesting topics and conspiracies were covered, and most people lived like dirty peasants, much more immersive
>>
File: concept art.jpg (86 KB, 484x800) Image search: [Google]
concept art.jpg
86 KB, 484x800
>>333319121
Not him, but check this concept art. Now check the lines on JC's body. It's clear the intention was that skills are also governed by nanoaugmentation, just in a more natural manner. While augs instantly add in specific abilities, this is natural learning through gaining experience. They build on JC's own skills.

Why this is not obvious at first galnce in the game is probably because it would have made the animations of switching between items completely awkward.
>>
>>333310082
Is it still going to be the same system where melee takedowns are all third person, and are tied to battery meter? What I wouldn't do for the batan to come back.
>>
>>333320102
Yes, but now you also get a glove that can instantly non-lethal knock out not one, not two, but five enemies at once.
>>
>>333319835
The ultimate theme of Deus Ex was the merging of man and machine, the singularity. Mechanical augmentation could just be a really primitive version of that subject matter.
>>
>>333312668
>>333312786
The fuck is this biased horseshit? The faggot(s) that made it purposely tries to trivialize the augments in HR while trying to make all of the augments in DE, even the bullshit ones, look varied and unique by comparison.
>affect only a minigame
A minigame that is a core game mechanic, that rewards the player and offers different routs to completing objectives.
Meanwhile it tries to play off the pathetic hacking mechanic in DE as being decent, listing the shit you can hack.
>implying swimming wasn't a fucking waste
>implying poison resistance wasn't a fucking waste
>implying the whole skill system was necessary and not just a poor attempt at adding progression to the gameplay, "you're an elite cyborg agent for an international anti-terrorist organization, but apparently you suck at everything and were never trained to use firearms"
>implying it was relevant to mention that you can't be totally immune to damage types (e-except gas grenades...) when the only thing you can be immune to in HR is some environmental hazards and EMP does not hurt you to begin with
>implying the fact that augs aren't removable is relevant as if it weren't the same in HR, and that mentioning it wasn't just an attempt to fill the image with more text
>can get all augments in HR? BAD! Don't even mention that you need to powerlevel to do so
>can get all the augments in DE? GOOD! B-b-but, you have to make CHOICES!
Your circlejerking nostalgiafaggots have already made me think less of Morrowind due to some sort of disgust of association, but now Deus Ex?
>>
>>333320351
Man and A.I.*
>>
>>333311784
one of the best game's i've played and easily one of my favorites, stealth AI can be kind of dumb but no one gets AI right anyways
>>
>>333316572
You'd have to essentially stealth an entire area, return and knock everyone out, and then kill them to maximize your experience. That's too tedious for a normal playthrough.
>>
>>333319946

That's always what I assumed, but the idea that you still need to learn your augmentations like that seems out of place, especially since you've already been trained.
>>
>>333320392
>implying the fact that augs aren't removable is relevant as if it weren't the same in HR
It is relevant because they were removable in IW. The IW aug breakdown just wasn't posted.
>>
File: pa piracy.jpg (422 KB, 2100x1070) Image search: [Google]
pa piracy.jpg
422 KB, 2100x1070
>>333313591
pcucks in a nutshell.
>>
>>333311784
Really good game, anon. You can play it multiple times and try to explore every nook and cranny and still end up missing content. No idea if the director's cut is a huge upgrade or not, but the base game is worth $60 itself regardless.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.