[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why CSGO is so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: csgo.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
Can someone explain to me why CSGO is so popular?
>>
File: japanese-priest-1904.jpg (162 KB, 722x1000) Image search: [Google]
japanese-priest-1904.jpg
162 KB, 722x1000
accessibility without an extremely low skill cap
thriving e-sports scene
skins and shit with drops to keep people playing
everyone else is already playing it

it's like why everyone and their mother on steam plays dota except in FPS form
>>
>>333306871
low system requirements, relatively cheap, almost no learning curve
>>
>>333306871
skins and gambling. that's literally the only reason

look at how much the numbers jumped when skins were released , i think the average amount of players was around 50k
>>
>>333306871
RNG gives the illusion of skill
online gambling
>>
>>333307171
>without an extremely low skill cap

lol this is point and RNG simulator we're talking about here
>>
Cheap, easy with the illusion of being hard, YEAH ESPORTS XDDD, skins to spend mommy's money on
>>
>>333307345
>>333307476
>>333307584
>>333307680
>all these silvers
>>
>>333307870
>Implying Id ever pay for that game
How much of your time did you spend playing it?
>>
>>333307870
every single time
>>
Is there a reason we have this exact same thread every day?

One of the biggest draws is you can just hop on and click find game and youll be thrown into a comp match. No having to find servers or coordinate a match. And there are always like 50000 people on.
>>
>>333308070
He is right though. Anyone who thinks csgo isn't about skill is invariably a low ranked shitter.
>>
>>333306871
Millennials got tired of CoD.
>>
>>333308345
t. RNG pro
>>
>>333308345
no, anyone who brings up rank is a scrub
>he plays mm
>>
its fun
well designed maps
well designed weapons
high skill ceiling
but still easy to get into
>>
File: 4.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>333308630
>>
>>333308630
>well designed maps
XD
>well designed weapons
XDDDD
>>
>your bullets dont hit precisely where you're aiming 100% of the time
Why is /v/ incapable of compensating for this small variable?
>>
>muh RNG

spray patterns are always the same, the difference is negligible unless you're spraying from a distance, which funnily enough makes you an idiot
>>
>>333306871
It's fun
>>
File: 654652752237.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
654652752237.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
/v/ went all in against CSGO years ago, there's no turning back. There will never be a good CSGO thread on /v/.
>>
>>333309843
Auction houses are fun for about an hour. Counter strike source did it right.
>>
Easy to get into. No complex weapons (ie. projectiles, alt fires, combos, etc.) or complex movement (ie. double jumps, dashes, rocket jumps...). Still, it has a relatively high skill ceiling.

Plus it has gambling and some people get really sucked into that kind of random rewards shit. It's addictive.
>>
>>333308630
Im sorrry but you have to be at least 18 to be on this website
>>
>>333310229
Why do people hate the skins so much? They are superficial only and you can just sell the ones you get to retards who spend money on them. I've made more than I spent on the game just playing it.
>>
I have like 1000 hours in this game, i'm not even sure why i play it because by now i've recognized how shit it is.

I don't even play MM because of how dogshit it is
>>
/v/ is full of shitters
Once you get to a high enough level for the rng to consistently fuck you over coordinating with your teammates is more important than just aim anyways. It's funny, once you stop playing with people who are fucking garbage you hear a hundred times less complaints about hackers, hit reg and other typical noob ass scapegoats.
>>
>>333310229
If you think Source is better than GO, you're fucking retarded.

It's the biggest case of nostalgiafaggotry alive right now.
>>
>>333311087
co-ordinating with your teammates is the most important aspect of any level, retard.

In fact it's even more important for silvers because they can't aim
>>
File: csgo.jpg (118 KB, 932x558) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
118 KB, 932x558
>>333308345
>>
>>333310217
this

/v/ is literally the worst message board on the internet that I can think of to talk about CS

even before cs:go was very popular cs:go threads were filled with 'this game is shit because quake takes more skill'

not even worth trying to talk about cs here
>>
>>333311308
Source's gamemodes are way better.

Surf is still awful in GO

Does GO even have minigames?
>>
>>333311312
>co-ordinating with your teammates is the most important aspect of any level
If you're playing with people who are bad enough, traditional strategies don't work and you're better off just running around like it's dm and winning the game with aim alone.
>>
>>333306871
everyone is a homosexual.
>>
SOMETIMES I WALK AROOUND STRAPPED

ONE TIME BUST THEY CAPS AND WATCH NIGGAS COLLAPSSE

SNAP
>>
>>333306871
Skins.

This game was dead in the water until skins came along.

Shows how fucking pathetic humans are.
>>
>>333307870
this is why i dont play
>>
>people still believe the whole RNG spread mechanic is bad game design

codfags need to leave

not every weapon in the universe is a fucking laser rifle
>>
>>333312727
because of silvers or because people care so much about rank?
none of it even matters if you just play esea like you don't suck
>>
>>333311374
Where is a good place to?
>>
>>333311538
>paying to play a game you already own
wew
>>
>>333312731
So, here's an honest to god point I'd like to make, and maybe you can piss some truth on me here.

Why can't my reticule follow the spray of the gun? Why is memorizing spray patterns even a thing? I mean, isn't it just more intuitive at this point to actually see and react to my shots rather than memorizing spray patterns?
>>
>>333312731
Are you trying to justify CS:GO's shitty aim with realism?
Holy shit, please kill yourself at the earliest convenience
>>
>>333313262
How would this work? would your crosshair move freely around your screen as you fire or would your screen stay constantly centered on the crosshair?
Either one of those would just look fucking stupid imo
>>
>>333313559
fuck off codfag
>>
>>333313559
>aim at someone's head at a reasonable range
>hit them in the head with the first bullet ~99% of the time
Why does this make so many autists on /v/ mad?
I guess cue the webms of 16tick demos illustrating how wrong i am.
>>
>>333313605
pointing down and to the left of whatever I want to hit looks just as stupid
>>
>>333312731
>b-but CoD is awful guise!!
Why do you fuckers keep comparing your shit game mechanics with cod
>>
>>333312731
It's nice when your first shot actually lands where you're pointing, and when subsequent shots land in a certain place within the spray pattern, instead of trying to compensate for each shot that has a chance to deviate from normal.

This is why CS1.6 and Source will be infinitely better (barring all the other retardation in GO), because I 'know' where each and every bullet will land in the spray, and I can then compensate accordingly. In GO, you've got bullets that you can try to compensate for, but cannot due to the RNG, which leads to frustration especially when you die when you know the other guy should be dead instead.

I guess this gives a sort of endless carrot for players to chase since there is always the questing to master a weapon, that cannot truly be mastered due to the RNG.
>>
twitch streamers and the gamer culture
>>
>>333313814
it only looks stupid if you're a noob though
cs has always worked this way, it's not something you can change without fundamentally altering the way the game works.
>>
File: 1459805514496.jpg (5 KB, 124x121) Image search: [Google]
1459805514496.jpg
5 KB, 124x121
>>333306871
imagine you had to write A4 full of text. however you cant get every third letter right coz the pen fucking spins out of control or doesnt drop ink even if you had everything right, just coz you dont use JewPenis(TM) which you could get in an hour.
It´s literally about camping every fucking single round and waiting for someone to look in the wrong direction first so you can one-click a kill with AWP that does 440 damage even in shotgun range while shotgun maybe does 12.

the game rewards you for being a little bitch who hides in the corners and it´s the saddest game mechanic i´ve ever seen. Bioshock Infinite & Bullet Storm´s IMO million times better.
>>
>>333314041
>>333313605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxwW25ouOfU

You wouldn't have to change anything besides having the crosshair track and move in the same general direction of your recoil, which CS:GO originally did during the beta.
>>
>>333309843
get the hell off my board
>>
>>333314387
>>333314041
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brXRv1ye_X0

literally the same thing, the game would play the exact same way.
>>
>>333313978
>which leads to frustration especially when you die when you know the other guy should be dead instead.
but he shouldn't be dead, he did 100 damage to you and you didn't do 100 damage to him. It's not like your adversary has any advantage over you, you both are subject to this rng. You could argue that whoever gets the kill was better at compensating for this and that is equivalent to superior skill. This isn't always true but you can't blame the rng entirely, for example, if you're at a range where spraying your opponent down is wise the first 5-6 bullets (enough to kill them with most guns) are very easy to place within the spray. And how can you say for sure that your shot was 100% going to hit them if not for the rng, there is no way to check where the bullet was 'supposed' to hit if the spray was perfect, only where it actually did hit.
>>
File: 1316959313738.jpg (51 KB, 221x246) Image search: [Google]
1316959313738.jpg
51 KB, 221x246
>>333306871
Because shit games tend to be popular
>>
What if I just play Deathmatch?
>>
>>333312468
You realize that they updated the fuck out of the game and improved on a lot of shit around the same time that skins came out, right?
>>
File: two_dogs_smiling.jpg (45 KB, 634x471) Image search: [Google]
two_dogs_smiling.jpg
45 KB, 634x471
>hold button
>point at the floor
>get headshots
>>
>>333314387
That's completely fucking retarded, I had no clue CS worked that way.

Every other FPS has the crosshair chasing the direction of your gun's bullets, CS Go has it tracing the direction your character is looking, while the gun is on it's own.

Fucking genius. It's like real life, where the crosshair is your view point and the gun's recoil is all peripheral. That's cool as fuck.
>>
>>333310217
Morgan used to be so cute
>>
File: 1454554648114.jpg (58 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1454554648114.jpg
58 KB, 530x530
>friends want me to start playing
>play a bunch of shitty game modes with bots
>can't actually play the real game until you play hundreds of hours of shit game modes
>"But Anon! Just keep playing and hit level 3 so you can play the real game!"

Yeah, no fucking thanks. This is a shit way to try to get people to play your game. Just let me play the real game mode already.
>>
>>333307171
This.
>>
>>333314901
'Problem' is that you need to master the gun's recoil and compensate for it. Instead of just controlling the gun itself, you need to plan ahead and work with the gun insteaf of forcing it to work with you.

It's unnecessary for a FPS, but it definitely changes up the scene when it comes to skill.
>>
>>333314901
'cept you have to remember that the crosshair isn't your view point, it's your understanding of what you're aiming at, it's where you expect your bullets to go
>>
>>333315404
And it is.

But if you spray like a fucking retard, you get punished for it.
>>
It's the best shooter ever made and /v/ is way too casual to even get out of silver so it's shitposted non-stop. Pretty much like any game that takes any amount of practice and skill.
>>
>>333315128
anon pls you have to play casual mode and learn how the game works first

it's a team game no matter how good anybody is it's designed to be unwinnable on your own

nobody wants to lose because you came in full retard with no idea what you're doing

you are bad, you will let your team down and lose the game because of how bad you are

walk before you run silly boy learn some strategy and how to do things
>>
>>333315743
Except I played 1.6 for years so shouldn't I be able to just hit a fucking checkbox? It's not like Counter Strike has changed at all.
>>
>>333315743
>no idea what you're doing
>most effective way to level is from fucking deathmatch and gungame

You aren't going to know what you're doing regardless. This reasoning is retarded.
>>
>>333315862
ok man whatever i'm gonna go play a fun competitive game you just keep being salty and bad
>>
File: 783.jpg (223 KB, 441x851) Image search: [Google]
783.jpg
223 KB, 441x851
>>333306871
Because it's the only shooter out there with both a high skill ceiling and an active population. It also lets you immediately drop in with a team full of (more often than not) decent players who are willing to work together to win. The round by round nature of the game can also be very rewarding and lets players adapt and come up with new strategies on the fly. Compared to something like Quake, there's also the social/tactical aspect where you're actually working with other people. The ranking system, community, and esports scene also provide incentive to improve at the game while giving good examples of how to do so and how good you can get at it.

For all /v/ hates it, I guarantee you that nobody here can name another shooter that's more skill-based other than maybe Quake and I guarantee you that every person here who's actually played CS got regularly stomped by better players.
>>
>>333315128
Blame every shitter who cried about smurfs.
>>
>>333315495
the problem is we can't feel the gun recoiling in our hands and we can't watch the sights move with the barrel of the gun. Not to seem insulting, but have you ever fired a gun in real life? Even when firing from the hip with an automatic weapon you can feel the recoil and understand what general direction your rounds are going because of this(CS:GO has no way to give you this feedback save via visuals). But when you fire from the shoulder you can watch the sights bounce and see the way they move with your rounds. You can also feel the gun rise or fall against your shoulder and compensate with different grips.
>>
>>333306871
+Cheap
+Lots of players
+Runs on lower-end PCs
+Deathmatch and Arms Race were adopted as official game modes
+Has nice music/proper voice acting for once

-Gun mechanics obviously aren't the best
-Skins keep the game alive
-The community is trash/obsessed with ranks and skins
-Community servers are hidden away

It's ok. Play it if you want.
>>
It's the best fps ever made. Playing for 15 years straight.
>>
>>333316123
Everything you just listed as a good thing are literally all the problems that make the game shit
>jump into a game full of good people willing to listen and cooperate
Yeah it's about half and half whether you get shitters or hackers in your or the other team, turns the game into a whitewash for either side and wasted a half hour of my time
>ranking system
Again, a joke and has been since you can just buy any ranked account rendering the whole system useless. Elo is a better change but refer to the above point to why at any rank half of your games will inevitably suck shit
>mechanics
The AK has something like a 50% headshot percentage when you're 1000 units away or something. That's maybe 100 yards irl and you can't reliably hit a shot with your cross hair on their head? Bullshit, it's retarded
>esports scene
You mean twitch memes, Adderall, throwing for skins, bullying, stickers, preteens at the major with their parents? Yeah, that's a crowd I love associating myself with
>>
>>333307450
I don't play for skins, I don't buy or gamble skins. I don't even like the skins. The game is just the best shooter on the market atm, everything else has even more issues than CS:GO.
>>
File: 1456287024874.png (256 KB, 636x708) Image search: [Google]
1456287024874.png
256 KB, 636x708
There is a reason it's the long running esport game.

It's not perfect but its a pretty damn good game.

Everyone who bitches about the spreads really can't even get Eagle so there is no point debating shitters.
>>
>>333306871
Can you explain to me why you keep making this thread?

Can the people posting in it please explain to me why they keep posting in it?

Can we all just stop. I put a lot more effort into my posts and I try to help people either understand the game or why they have a problem with it. I don't want to screen cap anything or make a pasta.

Let's just all stop and agree that if you don't want to play the game, don't fucking play it. There's plenty of information on google about why it's bad and about why it's good.

>People complain about RNG
There is not a competitive shooter out there with even as much popularity as Quake Live that doesn't have random spread on one gun or another.
>Bad hitboxes
The game has been updated, look for the update: "Reanimated".
>Skins
These are pure cancer. They helped popularize the game because shitters love them and it gives good players something to do in their spare time. (Betting, gambling, and trading.) I personally have one skin, which is a gift for my brother.
>Spray patterns
Having to manage the spray pattern is a pretty unique mechanic compared to the competition. It takes a lot of skill to get it right on at range.
>I hate the pro-try-hard scene! They ruined everything, there's so many elitists.
There are elitists in every online game you play. Best way to counter this is to get good, if you don't want to well then I guess they're right, you're shit.
>There's so many hackers! VAC needs to be better.
There are tons of hackers, and VAC does suck. However, it's on the players, not the game or valve to stop hacking. There would be no hackers if people didn't hack.
>MM sucks
It sucks.
>64 tick sucks
It sucks.
>low skill cap
It's a multiplayer game, the skill cap changes depending on who you're fighting. If your only exposure to the game is casual or some random kids in a community server, then yes I guess the game does have a low skill cap. You will never see it at a higher level.
>First shot inaccuracy
This sucks
>>
>>333311358
>He can't push it through.
LMAO
>>
>>333308630
All is true except weapons. And fun is subjective.
>>
>>333316969
>I put effort into my posts
>stop spamming the same bait threads

Do you know where you are?
>>
>>333316123
In my experience about half of all team mates are awful. There's always at least one or two that leaves after the first few rounds, or goes 4/27 K/D, or gets salty and starts throwing and griefing, or has no mic, doesn't follow strats, votekicks you for no reason, etc etc. Like, I played a game the other day where I broke 40 kills and lost 14 to 16 because some guy brought his ugly girlfriend along and she got literally 0 kills the entire game. The only thing that saves matchmaking is that the other team is also frequently dealing with this crap. So if your other 2 team mates have a clue you can win sometimes even though it's 3v5.
>>
>>333311358
>RNG meme

quality shitposting, son
>>
Most of /v/ hates this game cus it is popular and they get tossed in it. It is the only shooter currently active on the market worth playing. The RNG meme is retarded, this is spouted by people who don't know how shooters work online. If people were paying this close of attention to other shooters they would notice real quick that it is a bigger issue in every other shooter right now. Also that it isn't RNG based.
>>
File: ihatenothing.png (618 KB, 850x488) Image search: [Google]
ihatenothing.png
618 KB, 850x488
>>333314661
>"its popular therefore its shit"
>>
>>333307450
>>333316884
I mostly play it for the skins otherwise I would just still play CSS.
>>
>>333317375
See, I don't get the whole RNG meme either, I feel like this just sprouted after the terrible R8 update which turned spraying into a lottery. I think learning the spray pattern of each weapon adds to the skill curve alot, and whilst its true there is a bit of randomness doing that, if you've memorized the spray pattern, your far more likely to walk away from that duel alive than the other guy who didn't. I think people don't understand that a small amount of RNG is not going to make it any less of a skill based game. If every shot was 100% accurate, there would be no skill curve whatsoever.
>>
Whether you like it or not RNG exists and this alone does not make it a truly """competitive""" game.

I literally don't care about your counter argument.

RNG and Skill don't go together.
>>
It's very sad. Impressionable teenagers play cs because they think it's a cool thing to do. They think it makes them hardcore. And by the time they realise cs is, in fact, a shit game, it's too late. They're 24 years old and they've spent the last.10 years mastering the retarded mechanics of a game from the 90s and now it's too late to stop playing. They've already wasted their lives. They have to keep playing otherwise it will have all been for nothing. The best they can hope for is one day they will win an esports tournament and gain the respect of dozens of autists across the globe
>>
>>333314616
Sure it's a base level for everyone, but what if one guy had the jump on another, and the 2nd turns around and AWPs the first? All he needed was say that one extra hit. Or two guys are having a shootout, the RNG gives one guy a few shitty shots, the other is able to kill due to this disadvantage.

It's frustrating because you lack total control where your shots land, and for me (and I'd suppose others), this isn't fun in CS. If they're going to implement RNG, then they should start putting in ADS to compensate, and at this point, we're starting to leave what is quintessential CS. I'm not saying RNG is the culprit for everything and deserves all the blame because people failed to get the kill.
>>
I think you all just need to git good.
>>
>>333317162
This happens in every game, the only reason it is SO noticeable in CSGO is because it focuses around a small team making strategic plays. You notice a retard better in a group of 5 than you do in a group of 16. I would argue that the biggest issue in CSGO are as follows.

1. The game FEELS like it was made for Lan. The way spray patterns work really hurts with the way online shooters function. It takes alot of skill to constantly control patterns properly under pressure or during movement, but when you are playing a shooter online you are probably losing at least every 3rd bullet as a dropped frame/packet/ticket w/e. So even though it has the absolute best tick rates of any shooter on the market, You feel like you are getting fucked alot harder.

2. This adds onto the other issue but, it has lower hardware requirements. This means people with worse frame rates and connections which means your better shit doesn't always matter and that the server will never get upgraded. To understand these first two you need to do some research on tick rates, latency and how they effect your ability to kill someone.

3. Weird balance of a few weapons. Grenades don't even do half your HP 99% of the time. Shotguns are ass, although this is an issue with most shooters. Seems nobody can figure out how a shotgun should work.

4. Inconsistent penetration and penetration damage. Nuff said.

Sad thing is this isn't every issue and even with all this stuff I can write out it is still the best shooter on the market. If I wanna just have some goofs I play something like dirty bomb or that new ghost in the shell game which is going alright. If I want a real competitive feeling shooter with high tension and tactics I launch CS:GO.

Full disclosure I have not played the new rainbow six, but I get the feeling it will be less of a CSGO competitive style game and more of a really fun Payday style game.
>>
I feel so stupid I always thought not hitting the fucker is my fault until I saw a bunch of webms showing how fucked up the hitboxes are and seeing a fucking blood splat once I shot some fucker yet no hit registered. F2P tier game.
>>
>>333317847
I agree with you, but there's not a single popular competitive FPS without RNG in it. Even Quake Live has hit scan weapons with random spread.

I'm not going to stop playing any of these games just because there's a little RNG in them. I'm going to accept it and refuse to rely on it to get kills. I won't put myself in situations where RNG becomes an issue.
>>
>>333316759
>Yeah it's about half and half whether you get shitters or hackers in your or the other team
I said more often than not, not that it was a guarantee you'd get a good team, how would you even make an automated system that did that? I'm also willing to bet that most people you thought were hacking actually weren't.

>Again, a joke and has been since you can just buy any ranked account rendering the whole system useless.
People who buy a ranked account usually get shuffled back down pretty quick when they get shit on, and there's not much that Valve can do to prevent it. I never said the system was perfect and everybody deserved their rank. I said that it provided incentive to improve which it does for most people and a higher rank will still always have more skilled players than a lower one.

>The AK has something like a 50% headshot percentage when you're 1000 units away or something.
That's something like the distance from D2 A to long pit which is basically the longest engagement in the game. It might be bullshit, but if Scream can get a 95% headshot percentage in a pro match, then you can't blame it all on the gun.

>Yeah, that's a crowd I love associating myself with
Who gives a fuck about the crowd? Who mentioned the crowd in the first place? The esports scene gives you examples of how good you can get at the game and better plays you can do by watching the actual players play.
>>
>>333318982
Same guy, I also want to point out that the people in these threads almost never mention their pet shooter because they know every other shooter could have way more hole punched through it.
>>
>>333318982
>Full disclosure I have not played the new rainbow six
Don't, it's an already dead ubisoft game with pay to not grind in it.
>>
>>333319015
You are stupid, because you hitting that guy is an issue with your internet connection and the fact that the game is online. That happens in every single shooter. CSGO actually has the best tick rates of any shooter atm afaik, so all the others are way worse about this.
>>
>>333319395
CSGO is known for having awful tick rates you delusional valvedrone
>>
>>333306871

It's the paradise for mindless casuals

>no crouch
>no lean
>no spots to camp
>can't even run & gun otherwise you will hit something through walls and get banned for wallhacking
>muh knife
>kitchen sink sized maps
>muh dust
>recoil is a joke
>rng bullets
>whatever

2002 people tired of CS 1.6 moved to OFP

>shitty maps to accommodate their needs were made
>you camping!
>you proning!
>you crouched!
>you naded!
>omg you used an AT4 on me
>omg satchels!really?afraid of facing me?
>gets noobtubed by someone with a 203 launcher
>omg mortars!
>stop using smokes to capture our flag and cover your retreat!
>we btfo CS players and small maps from our server
>get called names by them cause they plainly sucked at everything

Squaker paradise
>>
>>333319395
>so all the others are way worse about this.
I don't think they've played Arma 3, CoD, or BF4. Quake Live is probably the only game I've played that has better reg than CSGO.

>>333319559
64 tick is trash, but only shitters play on 64 tick. Go google CEVO/ESEA/FACEIT. Any of those services provides 128 tick servers. ESEA and FACEIT have their own ranking system in it now.

So to fix your post for you:
>Valve's shitty servers are known for having awful tick rates so third-worlders on toasters can play you polite young man. Sorry I'm ignorant to anything beyond my own experiences, I'll try to be a better person in the future.
>>
>>333319559
Are you serious? 64 is triple almost every other shooter out there..... This is bait right?
>>
>>333319215
>Quake
>Tribes

Go ahead, punch as many holes as you can :^)
>>
>>333319623
>no crouch
Counter Strike has crouching, you mean proning?
>no lean
That's right, there's no leaning. Leaning is one mechanic in games that isn't very punishing and everyone has to do. People that don't lean in games like Arma 3 or Rainbow Shit Siege get fucking railed.
>no spots to camp
I'm just going to stop right here, this is either bait or you've never played the game before.
>>
>>333306871

>easy to learn: there is very little interaction with the map, little variety in equipment, no need to lead bullets due to server side hitscan, 99% of what you do is quite literally point and click
>panders to weeaboos
>panders to stoners
>panders to Twitch stream monster middle schoolers
>lets you rice out our equipment which people love
>Valve pays for a competitive scene because none would exist otherwise, which in turn generates hype

And the big one

>competitive rank wankery because the best thing about CS isn't playing the game, it's showing everybody online that you did.
>>
>>333319015
>until I saw a bunch of webms showing how fucked up the hitboxes are
You realize that almost all the webms that get spammed have been torn to shreds on why they're bullshit, right? It's an online game and a bullet not registering is possible, but I guarantee that's not the case most of the time and GO still has the best hitreg of practically any shooter out there.

>>333319559
GO has awful tick rates compared to itself, you retard. People complain that official MM only has 64 tick compared to third party services that offer 128. What other game out there has more than 64? Battlefield 4 just got 32-40 on average after years of updates. Call of Duty has like 16. I think Overwatch finally got confirmed for 60 tick.
>>
>aim at the guys chest
>land a headshot

I wish I was joking. Nigger game.
>>
>>333306871
skins

nobody gave a shit about CSGO until that shit was added in
>>
>>333319921
Quake live has 40 tick last I heard..
>>
>>333320321
>I have never shot guns in scenario training
The post.
>>
>>333320321

So then aim at his chest dipshit
>>
File: 22767.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
22767.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
I like how the specialists did everything better than Counter Strike and counter strike got popular.
>>
>>333320354
>"CSGO, man, fuck that game. It's complete shit compared to 1.6. Wait? They added meaningless cosmetics to it that cost money to get? HOLY FUCK, EVERYBODY GET ON THIS SHIT!"

You're a retard. People started playing GO because Valve took the game over from the third party they outsourced it to and made a bunch of changes. Nobody would start playing a game they don't like because of fucking weapon skins that had no market value until the community actually came along and gave them value.
>>
>>333320356
Tick rate isn't a measurement of how good the reg is. It's a factor which helps determine it. There's other factors and I don't know all of the specifics, but just go play Quake Live. Unless you're playing against third worlders (which you probably will at some point), the reg is fine.

>>333320321
>being a rational human being
>disavowing a game because something you didn't like happened one time
pick one
>>
>>333308630
you know when it's the right answer when he has meme replies.
>>
>rng
Loving this meme
>>
>>333320904
>This game that plays literally nothing like this other game did everything better than it
>>
>>333321246
>Nobody would start playing a game they don't like because of fucking weapon skins that had no market value until the community actually came along and gave them value.

have you ever been around humans before? honest question.
>>
>>333321450
it has pretty much all of the same mechanics. it just does them correctly.
>>
>>333321498
>>333321246
I started playing because valve kept making it better before there were skins. The fact that it has always been popular on twitch and the fact that every year they dump more and more money into the esports thing helps a lot too.
>>
File: WOW THANKS RNG.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
WOW THANKS RNG.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
>>333321408
rng is literally worse than hitler
>>
>>333321674
Ill also add that I thought skins were going to ruin the game but the community is less toxic than it was at one point a couple years ago and it just brought in more shitty noobs to own
>>
>>333321365
From what I remember of quake noone used 'machine guns' and more so focused on heavy hitting guns with lower fire rates. The higher rate of fire the more likely you are to notice bullets being dropped by the server. That is why a game where you jump around with a rocket launcher or slower laser cannon might seem like it is more reliable. I mean I played like one match of quake live back when i first saw it and thought it felt worse than what I remember of quake in the past.
>>
>>333321770
Lol this loser tries to take a duel with a glock and misses his shots. Maybe RNG wouldn't be such a big deal if you didn't put yourself into situations where you'll get killed by it? Like you know, missing your shots.

Get good kid.

>>333321942
>felt worse than what I remember of quake in the past.
I don't have a lot of history with quake, but I played a lot of UT 2004 and it seemed on par with that.
>>
>>333321498
You're right, man. Literally hundreds of thousands of people started playing GO purely because of weapon skins that had absolutely no value until those same people started playing. All those actual game updates meant absolutely nothing to get the millions of players it has today. I'm sure the fact that those updates caused the pro scene to come back and Valve poured money into the scene that got a bunch of people into it by being able to watch it at a high level also meant jack shit.
>>
>>333321640
>Picture of a guy diving backwards and shooting like the matrix.
>It's basically the same as counter strike guys!
>>
>>333321770
Where's the RNG?
>>
>>333322196
people will say anything but 'i missed' when they get killed in a shootout in cs
>>
>>333321640
>it has pretty much all of the same mechanics. it just does them correctly.

I can't tell if this is bait or genuine retardation.
>>
File: FUCKING RNG REEEEEEEE.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING RNG REEEEEEEE.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>333322080
I never miss I've been playing video games since before it was cool faggot.

>>333322196
You're just not high skill enough to see it
>>
>>333322393
>doesn't score a single headshot with the mac10
git gud
>>
>>333322080
He posts those sarcastically because they are the cleanest webms of a shooter ever and debunk the baddies that claim it is a bad game.

I never took UT as a serious shooter, it felt like a party shooter to me, like quake turned up one more notch. I even think of Quake as kinda a silly shooter to make comp. Don't get me wrong I can see the skill involved, it just doesn't have the technical aspects shooters like CS had. Which I guess might have been why they lost the comp scene 'war'. IMO though, UT was more fun than quake, but quake was cooler.
>>
>>333322393

>xhair is on the CT for 3 out of 4 Deagle shots.
>all 4 shots miss in wildly sporadic ways

Jesus fucking christ. People actually defend this?
>>
I like how people unironically defend this game all day even though literally everyone acknowledges what a piece of shit it is
>>
>>333306871
It is a game of solid mechanics and player skill in an age of esports that lack both.

I'm not all that big of a fan of CS:GO myself but at least I can respect the people doing it.
>>
File: rng cannon.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rng cannon.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>333322491
Maybe valve needs to get good at coding weapons smdh
>>
File: shittaste.jpg.jpg.jpg.jpg (451 KB, 1613x1016) Image search: [Google]
shittaste.jpg.jpg.jpg.jpg
451 KB, 1613x1016
>>333321770
https://cevo.com/member/165460
Digging the 11.39 efficacy.
Jesus christ you're cancer.
>>
>>333322539
>what's running while shooting
>what's recovery time on deagle
I can't tell if I'm being trolled here
>>
>>333322539
>xhair is on the CT for 3 out of 4 Deagle shots.

His crosshair is all over the fucking place, what webm are you watching? The deagle has a fuck-ton of recoil too and he probably didn't even counterstrafe.
>>
>>333322539
Have you ever tried to move and shoot a fucking magnum at the same time? This obsession with cross hairs must come from the CoD kids. They were used to anything they pointed at was getting hit with however many bullets they sprayed. Guns don't fucking work like that. Even if you keep a gun perfectly still the bullet can deviate.
>>
>>333322640
my efficacy would be like 200 minimum if valve knew how to make guns shoot straight
>>
>>333322539
>you can't run and gun with a weapon that can kill with one shot
>the game takes a minimal amount of thinking about what are you doing and actually punishes you for being a retard
>that's a bad thing
i don't know what the fuck i was expecting going to a containment board but i'll be leaving now
>>
>>333322526
I loved UT and I agree with you on how it felt. However, there's a lot of game knowledge and game sense that goes into Quake that CS doesn't have and vice versa.

I really like the mechanics in Quake 1v1s. Managing power ups and weapon ammo. There's so much that goes into out thinking your enemies, which I'd argue is more important than landing every shot.

I definitely see it being competitive, but it has the opportunity to be just a fun game for people. Especially when you consider there's a ton of different modes to play. Same goes for CS.
>>
>>333322732
>>333322825
>>333322842

>actually defending this

Holy fucking shit. This doesn't even happen in fucking ARMA of all things.

CS:GO is literally the only game with this sort of ludicrous spray-pattern stupidity. The fact you're expecting someone to STAND STILL in a fucking firefight to reset some arbitrary hidden number just to appease the diceroll gods is hilarious/

>b-but CoD kiddies!

Haha, nah m8.
>>
File: csgorecoil.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
csgorecoil.webm
3 MB, 720x405
i stopped playing once i realised you have to pay ESEA/CEVO fee if you want to play the game the way it was meant to be played. FaceIt is garbage.
>>
File: 112.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>333323124
>>
File: 109480198251.webm (2 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
109480198251.webm
2 MB, 768x432
>Rainbow Six Siege is literally better than CSGO
>Barely anyone plays it
>>
File: twitch3.jpg (437 KB, 1527x926) Image search: [Google]
twitch3.jpg
437 KB, 1527x926
>>333307171
This, plus the shitty Twitch influence on the game.
>>
>>333323178
Isn't CEVO free? What does premium get you on it?
>>
>>333323124
I don't expect him to stop moving, I expect him to pray if he is gonna spray. Just like he would be doing IRL if he tried this shit. You can't even move this fast in ARMA so I don't know wtf you are talking about.
>>
File: GE2.jpg (15 KB, 342x154) Image search: [Google]
GE2.jpg
15 KB, 342x154
Most of the people crying about this game on here are terrible at it. The ones who actually made it to SMFC or GE have legitimate reasons on CSGOs negatives. The rest all say they got to a "high rank" like DMG or LE and have never played an Alt League like ESEA or CEVO, and have never played at a truly competitive level. A huge majority just dismiss it because they are bad, and don't even list the reasons of why CSGO can actually be mediocre at times, and cry RNG when this isn't the problem at all.

CSGO is one of the only games left that has a large skill ceiling, but give me Quake over it any day.
>>
>>333323279
last time i checked half a year ago it was free to create an account but you couldnt even login untill you payed.
>>
>>333323272
This. Twitch is fucking camwhoring with videogames. It is the same exact money making scheme. "entertain" audiences on a live stream and they donate money to you so you can stroke your penis seeing the "entertainer" say your name.
>>
>>333322539
Download the webm and look at it frame by frame.
He was moving for the first 3 shots and was firing too fast. The 4th shot was a blatant miss.
This guy is trash.
As for the mac 10 he was moving for most of those bullets. It also took two knives so the guy had more than 30 hp. Which is accurate because he didn't land enough mac 10 shots to bring him low enough.
>>
>>333323437
What is wrong with entertaining people?
>>
File: LOL K.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LOL K.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>333323412
pretty sure you just have to pay to do clan matches
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>333323339
>playing competitively in leagues
>playing shit games competitively

Fucking fag
>>
>>333322904
I've told you when I see you post before, you are trash and no one wants to watch these vomit-inducing WEBMs.
>>
>>333306871
swedes
>>
>>333323597
um maybe something has changed since then, but i already removed the game from my steam account.
>>
File: 1457828672614.gif (240 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1457828672614.gif
240 KB, 380x380
>>333323624
Stay mad that you come into every CSGO thread ever made and cry about RNG.

Faggot.
>>
>>333323260
>Rainbow Six Siege is trash
>Barely anyone plays it
The way it should be. Maybe in the hands of someone other than Ubisoft the game might have succeeded.
>>
File: more blantant rng madness.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
more blantant rng madness.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333323650
frig off valve shill I'm exposing your shit game
>>
>>333323749
Haven't made a single post about RNG, all I know is the game is absolutely fucking boring and is complete garbage.

I don't play vidya if I don't have fun doing it because I'm not a fucking retarded sperg.
>>
>>333323809
Recoil pattern on the MP9 is different from most SMGs. You ran and expect to land all your shots with frantic ADAD with no correction for the recoil.

Have fun being butthurt about a game you don't even play.
>>
>>333323339
>that steam name

Dude poop lmao.
>>
>>333319067
Except the offense is nowhere near CSGO's.
You don't shoot pixels with a machinegun in QL. You can actually die because you had bad RNG in CSGO at long range fights even though your crosshair placement was perfect.
>>
>>333323916
That's not my argument though. Your opinion is subjective and considering millions play it every day I believe they play it for fun and enjoyment. You can call it garbage all you want but you will never be as happy as the normies who play it and be as spiteful as the usual /v/ poster. Have fun being a faggot and calling something shit without any argument like usual /v/.
>>
>>333323809
>frig off
xB fight me on LAN kid lol
>>
>>333306871

CSGO is popular because its a well-made update to one of the most popular multiplayer games of all time.

If you're old enough to remember when the original counterstrike came out (or CSS later), you'd know why people loved the game.

The new version is set up well for e-sports and it has the cosmetic trading/collecting/gambling that people crave.

The only downside is that its literally the same game that people have been playing for 20ish years and it really feels old next to newer shooters.
>>
File: 1459726611050.png (348 KB, 369x412) Image search: [Google]
1459726611050.png
348 KB, 369x412
>cs:go has a white playerbase but The Big Events That Matter are won by shitskins

>dota has a shitskin playerbase but the Big Events That Matter are won by whites.
>>
>>333317847
>RNG and Skill don't go together

b8
>>
>>333323918
MP9 recoil pattern is supposed to be I aim the gun and it shoots where I aim, just like all the the other guns you valve apologist
>>
i like how retards who praise dota never mention heroes like ogre magi and chaos knight yet they shit on CSGO for RNG
>>
>>333307450
you get it

the game was DEAD before skins, DEAD, every pro player hated it, it was a disaster

no one was expecting cs:go to grow this quick after skins, it even tops dota in players at some points
>>
>>333323939
So don't fucking take long range fights with people if you can't win them. I've played this game long enough and with better people than you. If you don't want to die, don't put yourself in a worse situation than you have to.
>>333324149
>Who is Fnatic, three in a row major winners
>all swedish
>all white
:^)))
>>
>>333306871
Fun only with friends, if playing solo prepare to meet cheeki breekis.
Most maps are terribly made and/or created by the community. There are a few gems though such as office.
The guns are all fun to use, though some are blatantly more powerful than others.

Overall for the price it's a great game, though I'm sure memeposters will spout RNG constantly, despite it not being that "big" of an issue on 128 tick servers.
That reminds me, valve servers are trash.
>>
>>333324183
nice job shooting his back and missing like 80% of your shots by spraying like a retard
>>
>>333324183
No because you did not match the MP9 recoil with your aiming. You just sprayed it like a retard without correcting for its sporadic pattern.
Also on your second WEBM you just posted you needed to pull down more, sorry. They were all going above him.
http://csgoskills.com/academy/spray-patterns/#MP9
>>
>>333323859
I played dota 2 the other day since I never really gave it a try

Jesus Christ... The players, the try hard little faggot kids, I think I'm going to go play and just feed and feed the courier now to piss people off desu
>>
File: 1459643834602.png (97 KB, 207x201) Image search: [Google]
1459643834602.png
97 KB, 207x201
>>333324229
>low prize pool honeypot lans
>fnatic can't cheat anymore due to Extra Oversight during Million Dollar Majors
>m-muh fnatic is relevant
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 680x680
>>333324385
My fucking phone is a piece of fucking trash

Fucking crashed and loaded up the wrong fucking thread fuck
>>
Because Valve somehow managed to legalize underage gambling. It's the perfect demographic, they're immature idiots who aren't even gambling their own money.
>>
>>333318596
nailed it
>>
File: fucking rng ruined my ace.webm (2 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
fucking rng ruined my ace.webm
2 MB, 1000x562
>>333324314
>>333324346
My spray control was pristine and had absolutely no flaws. Garbage rng just made me not get the kill
>>
>>333324570
They managed to legalize it by claiming all items are worthless and Steam Wallet money is not real money. They don't have a way of getting the money out so they are in the legal clear. It's quite brilliant really.
>>
File: 199218041251.png (178 KB, 1500x1941) Image search: [Google]
199218041251.png
178 KB, 1500x1941
>>
>>333309783
pattern is the same but the rounds never hit the same spots, only loosely follow the pattern
>>
>>333324056
Anyone saying a game is shit is 99 percent of the time their opinion you fucker

Csgo is literally one of the most bland boring fucking fps I have played. It's fucking terrible

The shooting mechanics are just fucking atrocious
>>
>>333324402
>low prize pool honeypot lans
Implying they haven't won more money than any other team ever.
>fnatic cheats
Nope.
>fnatic is relevant
They're one of the greatest CSGO teams of all time and always will be relevant in one way or another.
>>
>>333309263
because it means shots that you 100% would hit if luck weren't involved results in shit like you somehow missing easy shots standing perfectly still yet your opponent can go full blown sprinting out with a tec9 and get constant lucky 1 shot headshots
>>
>>333324669
Considering I use the MP9 as much as the UMP in Global Elite games and 30+ kills almost every time with them, they are very much working and you are just bad.

Why not post real RNG WEBMs of 64 tic? At least then I could take you seriously. I'm >>333323339 and I can tell you none of the SMGs are broken with RNG, you just need to aim and use recoil control better. Stay mad Silver.
>>
>>333306871
It's literally RNG: the game
>>
>>333324779
Yes, well millions upon millions feel different too you. And we can guarantee that there are thousands upon thousands smarter than you who enjoy the game. Keep whining on a Cambodian image board, it's fun to make fun of you at 3AM.
>>
>>333324943
>looky mommy I posted it again
>facebook file name
:^)
>>
>>333324943
That image just exudes butthurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 640x843) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 640x843
>>333324973
>3am

Somehow I knew I was arguing with some dumb smelly third worlder

Get bent faggot
>>
File: 1437253793267.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437253793267.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333307870
>he thinks MM is about skill rather than time

T O P K E K
>>
>>333325091
>Somehow I knew I was arguing with some dumb smelly third worlder
>guy lives in Sweden, Counter Strike capital of the world
Alright pal.
>>
The game is fun, I like the shooting mechanics and I have been playing cs for a very long time. No other game makes me feel like I earned a frag other than CS. I like tacti-cool shooting games, I don't like arena shooters. Fuck you.
>>
File: 'skill based shooter'.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
'skill based shooter'.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333324843
I popularized the MP9, literally nobody used it until I did. I mastered it YEARS ago but this shitty rng still makes it almost impossible to use.
>>
>>333324843
When will valve balance all the heavy weapons. Shotguns are utter shit at the moment
>>
>>333325091
I am just in a foreign country. I am actually on business for our company. It's called travel and you can be sure that your welfare checks do not compare to nice hotels and free visits to foreign lands. I'm from the US if you're curious by the way. But the fact that you'd waive someones opinion for being of a different place than you really shows that you have no arguments and just suck shit at shit posting.
>>
File: image.png (280 KB, 355x392) Image search: [Google]
image.png
280 KB, 355x392
>>333325296
>Sweden

Were you trying to prove me wrong or something?
>>
>>333325359
Maybe you didn't master it then. Sorry that you think nobody used the most powerful SMG in close quarters for headshots in CSGO before you.

Also your Deagle Webm isn't even negative. You just suck at aiming.
>>
>>333325360
>Shotguns are utter shit at the moment
They're great for certain areas, playing Drop on Cobble for example.

>>333325460
>Were you trying to prove me wrong or something?
The only thing wrong with living in Sweden is that it's not America. Their country objectively has better CS players than us.
>>
>>333325360
Mag7 is good against Kev. It's very useful in Inferno apartments. M1 is good if you aim at head, again good in close quarters. Don't know if they'll ever buff shotguns, they're too busy adding new guns. :^)
>>
>>333325415
You type like a Reddit leftist

>hurr u hate people from being from a different place meany ;(
>we r one race
>the human race

I ran out of actually arguing about the game when you said opinions weren't worth anything in determining whether or not this is shit. I can only give my opinion obviously.
>>
>>333325195
This is the fucking worst. Terrible reg.
>>
>>333325643
Are we going to judge a country by its cs players now?
>>
>>333325548
That's the point you fucking idiot. He wasn't even aiming at the guy and he got the fucking kill.
>>
File: why arent you using the cz.webm (3 MB, 864x480) Image search: [Google]
why arent you using the cz.webm
3 MB, 864x480
>>333325548
But I did master it. And nobody on this plane of existence ever touched it before I did.

Also my webm proves that the deagle is literally the most inaccurate gun in the game because my aim is flawless
>>
>>333325902
>What is recoil.
>>
>>333325687
>I can only give my opinion obviously.
And as that poster pointed out, it's not worth a god damned thing.
Examine the game objectively and thoroughly. Just calling something out as it happens isn't enough. If you don't record PoV demos and examine what went wrong then you didn't put enough effort in. If that's too much for you, then I guess you ultimately don't care. Keep blaming RNG and never improve.

>>333325778
When relevant, yes. Like when we're talking about Counter-Strike.
>>
>>333311308
I guess that means DS2 is better than DS1 right?
>>
>>333325736
RNG spread my boy. It's on every shot in the game. The least amount of RNG is on the AWP which has a 50% chance to veer to the right.
>>
>>333325687
I am actually Right/Independent but you can continue to act like a retard. Do you want me to call you a nigger or something? Or give the facts about how some races are intellectually superior to others because of culture and some genetics? The fact remains that you'd disregard someones argument because of their origin or genetic code is stupid. If you truly have any type of logical common sense you'd accept any argument and refute it. Not everybody on 4chan is a shitposter like you. I've been here since 2008 for ATLA on /co/, and even though that's not as long as others it's the sole board or "forum" I go too.
>>
>all these shitters posting webms of them spraying like a retard, and then using RNG spread as an excuse for missing

lmfao

at least post a shown raycast/hitbox example so you don't look like a complete retard
>>
File: why the AWP is shit.webm (1 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
why the AWP is shit.webm
1 MB, 1000x562
>>333326113
shotguns don't have rng at least, I guess valve did that right
>>
>>333325902
His crosshair was on him for multiple shots, so uh, yeah he was aiming for him. Also >>333325979

>>333325930
You're obviously shitposting so I'll stop replying now. Have fun with your webms of shitposting because you are so butthurt you feel the need to poop on a Japanese anime image board.
>>
>>333326113
Spread isn't RNG. They have set patterns.
>>
>>333326009
I never posted about RNG in this thread you fucktard I have said nothing besides the game is boring as fuck and shitty, nothing about RNG. I don't care if it does or doesn't have RNG because it's fucking boring trash.
>>
>>333326353
There is some RNG in the spray patterns for CSGO. But everyone posting their webms here are retarded because they are using RNG as an excuse for their bad aim/game movement.
>>
File: Over in a flash.webm (1 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Over in a flash.webm
1 MB, 800x500
>>333326262
but this board was made by gamers for gamers, not weebs. Sorry opinions that oppose yours are "shitposting" now.
>>
>>333326353
Spread indeed has RNG. You're thinking of recoil, which do follow a pattern.

On an interesting note, 1.6 had several recoil patterns chosen at random, lowering the skill ceiling even further than the CS of today.
>>
I've played cs since childhood, I'll be 30 this year. Just habit at this point. It's a stupid game.
>>
>>333326495
You need to give factual proof. All you're doing is posting webms of bad recoil control and bad movement when using guns and pretend you're doing good. You can clearly see mediocre control for the MP9 in every WEBM. If you'd like to have a good argument on RNG then you should be posting better WEBMs. I have seen the better WEBMs and they actually prove something. You're just being a dipshit and posting bad gameplay for citation of RNG, when that is clearly not the case.
>>
File: 1437253873755.webm (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1437253873755.webm
2 MB, 1440x900
>>333326468
RNG spread kills the already low skill cap and shortens the gap. It punishes players who can aim and rewards players who can't. CS is a strategy/teamwork/risk management game. And even then, the strategical depth is lower than a game of checkers.
>>
It's very sad. Impressionable teenagers play cs because they think it's a cool thing to do. They think it makes them hardcore. And by the time they realise cs is, in fact, a shit game, it's too late. They're 24 years old and they've spent the last.10 years mastering the retarded mechanics of a game from the 90s and now it's too late to stop playing. They've already wasted their lives. They have to keep playing otherwise it will have all been for nothing. The best they can hope for is one day they will win an esports tournament and gain the respect of dozens of autists across the globe
>>
>>333326445
Oh so it's just shit because that's your opinion then? You're not even mentioning the factors you're basing your opinions on? My fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you're literally just a shit poster and not providing any content or valuable information to the thread.

OH WAIT.
>The shooting mechanics are just fucking atrocious
What besides RNG can you be complaining about? Lack of ADS on every gun? You dislike the counter strafing mechanic? What lies at the heart of that, oh yeah, guns are inaccurate while moving and have RNG.

100% you are a fucking retard. Stop existing.

Also, your name is still on you loser.
>>
>>333324669
>aims above his head
>misses all shots
>teammate kills him
>"RNG!!!!!!!"
>>
>>333326780
This.

Literally the original meme game for kids who couldn't cut it at arena shooters and other games with high skill caps.
>>
File: 1437253697158.webm (2 MB, 820x656) Image search: [Google]
1437253697158.webm
2 MB, 820x656
>>
>>333326752
I have already stated I would take Quake over CSGO any day. But the arguments that it isn't skill based is asinine because it so very is. Is it not skill to best the mechanic in the game, and yes, RNG is a mechanic. If you control absolute over the game you can be considered skilled at it. I presume you have a negative view on CSGO because you suck dick at it and grew frustrated because you perhaps like Quake more? You can't go into one genre and demand that it cater too you, you have to learn it and master it as a whole new piece of play. Stop being a woman/nigger, it's making you look bad.
>>
>>333326853
Indeed, I fucking sucked at quake.
>>
>>333326853
All arena shooters like Quake are dead dumbass.
>>
>>333317367
>calling RNG a meme, meme

anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds
>>
File: Professional RNG manager.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Professional RNG manager.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333326692
I'm posting webms exposing the shit "game" you valve butt buddies think is good when it's absolutely terrible in every way possible, the problem is that you dust off all this evidence because you don't want to face the truth.
>>
>>333326804
The whole spray pattern bullshit is absolutely fucking retarded

I'm not going to use a gun and memorize some fucking pattern for it. Fuck that.
>>
>>333326978
>playing csgo at 4:3
i hope at least you play streched faggot, is like you want to be blind with console FOV.
>>
>>333327208
No all your evidence is pure shit so far. There are some WEBMs out there that have blatant RNG bullshit and give the counter argument for RNG in a positive light. None of your WEBMs are doing this, and just expose you as a bad player. I have already noted that RNG can be a problem within CSGO sometimes, but you clearly have not shown this yet in any of your WEBMs you have replied to me with.
>>
>>333327137
So are esports that require skill.
>>
>>333327240
Well I like it and I did.
>>
>>333327037
Slot machines have a RNG mechanic too. You can't master it though because it's random. It's anti skill.
>>
>>333327240
Sounds like all babies who come from Quake and can't hack it. Rapha and Zero4 as well as many other professional Quake players acknowledged that CS is a different forte but a skill paced game all the same. They prefer Quake but know and acknowledge CS as having a high skill ceiling, but being more team oriented.
>>
why does this game cause so much asspain? That's the better question OP.
>>
>>333327330
Not my recording. Besides, personal attacks won't deter me from spreading the truth about this low skill meme game.
>>
>>333327553
I never said cs didn't have a high skill ceiling

I said its fucking boring and a piece of shit game with retarded shooting mechanics

I like how csfags can only argue for this steaming turd with "muh skill".
>>
File: choke.webm (2 MB, 864x480) Image search: [Google]
choke.webm
2 MB, 864x480
>>333327335
*sigh*
Are you trolling me right now? Do you seriously think none of my webms have show on toxic this rng shit is?
>>
>>333327482
Slot machine are not equatable because RNG in slot machines is all there is too it besides pulling the lever. CSGO utilizes some RNG with mostly the same spray pattern every single time. It equates for user input and uses manual movement to get an outcome. Slot machines you just pull a lever and hope for the best. With 4chan more often than not RNG will not stand in your way to get a kill, especially on 128 tic servers.
>>
>>333327587
Because hundreds of thousands of people got duped into spending thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars on a low skill cap game and didn't realize it until after the fact.

You'd be upset too if your life was a lie.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.