[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U will break the cycle. There is no chance in hell that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (230 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230 KB, 800x600
Zelda U will break the cycle. There is no chance in hell that people will think a real open world Zelda without awkward motion controls will be worse than fucking Skyward Sword, the lowest point in the Zelda franchise. There's just no way
>>
>>333302374
We are /v/ we will find a way to shitpost about it until next Zelda comes out.
>>
I like how this entire zelda cycle belief is based on everyone believing in one single hivemind about each zelda game

god forbid people actually have their own opinions
>>
>>333302374
>implying these aren't the best Zelda games ever
>>
How many times has the Zelda cycle come into effect? When did it start?
>>
>>333302837
Wind Waker probably
>>
>>333302374
The Zelda cycle is nothing but a shitty meme, invented by those not being able to handle opinions.
>>
bumped for lulz
>>
>>333302374
>Skyward Sword, the lowest point in the Zelda franchise. There's just no way

fucking newfags
>>
File: 1459843671151s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1459843671151s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>>333305650
>he thinks oldfags like skyward
>>
I like SS a hair more than ALttP, definitely more than every Toon Link Zelda, and is about on par with Zelda II for me. It's not the best by any means but I consider it to be a mid tier Zelda when it's all said and done.
>>
>>333302374
There's no Zelda cycle, idiot.

Skyward is shit and will always be shit.
>>
I will never, NEVER like skyward sword. I will lie on my deathbed talking shit on that game
>>
The Zelda cycle is stupid because it completely ignores context as to why opinions on Wind Waker and Twilight Princess shifted so much over time.

People had a strong negative reaction to Wind Waker at the moment of its reveal primarily due to the wildly different art style, and initially had issues with the sailing, but after people were actually able to play the thing they started to appreciate it more. Twilight Princess was super popular at its reveal and everyone loved it, but then it got stuck in development for a long ass time, became overhyped, and everyone was disappointed when it came out and couldn't live up to many years worth of expectations. Only after looking at it without that lens of excitement and hype are people less negative about it.

Frankly I have a harder time seeing people being able to warm up to Skyward Sword, because the main reason people dislike it isn't because of some outside factor, it's because the game itself is heavily flawed.
>>
>>333305874
>he's a newfag that's never heard of the CDi games
>>
>>333302374
There is no cycle in effect with SS. The game is just pure shit, all there is to it.
>>
>>333307437
I'm fairly certain no one is counting those games.
>>
>>333307335
>but after people were actually able to play the thing they started to appreciate it more.
It's actually the other way round. People loved WW when it came out. Only later the novelty wore off and people could admit that the overworld was butchered, and the dungeon designs were horrible. In fact, most of the game just isn't really noteworthy compaired to other Zelda titles.

I agree with TP though. But you forgot that a lot of WW fans hated TP initially because of the change in both, art and game style. Every Zelda is someone's first Zelda, and WW brought a lot of new people into the fray.
>>
>>333307830
>no one is counting those games

that's because you're too much of a newfag to even remember them
>>
Op how in the fuck am I supposed to read this are you really too lazy to put it on a proper background?
>>
But Skyward Sword was a good game
>>
>>333307831
True but I think most of the hate was drowned out by the love for TP. Most people seemed wildly excited for a game returning to the OoT style, and the early trailers were full of really cool shit (most of which either turned out to not be that major in the game or were straight up cut, thus adding onto the disappointment when people finally got to play it)

Add onto that the fact that the game was being teased for a long ass time and the game had built up quite a following and had a lot to live up to.
>>
>>333302374
Did you make this transparent to fuck with me, anon?
>>
zelda cycle is bullshit. dont you realize that when a game is first released, the haters are out in full force, and over time its the fans who remain talking about it?
>>
>>333307831
I hated WW's artstyle when it came out and I still have absolutely no problem with the overworld. Almost every Zelda fan I knew at the time shat on the game purely for its aesthetics, there wasn't an "other way around".

Nicely disguised shitpost though.
>>
>>333309357
Don't defy the /v/umblr echo chamber.
>>
>>333302768
i like how the cycle is not a cycle
>>
File: jiggles.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
jiggles.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>333310948
and I knew a lot of people who didn't like Wind Waker when it came out because of the monotonous sailing, triforce fetch quest and the overall unfinished feeling the game has. For example, in every Zelda has you collect the macguffin at the end of a dungeon, Wind Waker meanwhile has you collect a macguffin from some plot important guy just giving it to you.

>but that happens on Ocarina too
Ocarina has 5 other sage temples, Wind Waker has 2.

Everyone I knew at the time thought the game was unfinished and underwhelming when compared to Ocarina. Not everyone who has had a different experience to you is shitposting.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.