[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Xbox One Backwards Compatibility is free and has been on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 20
File: 1406852999360.jpg (132 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
1406852999360.jpg
132 KB, 310x440
>Xbox One Backwards Compatibility is free and has been on fire with its recent BC additions.
>LOL MICROSOFT IS LOSING

>PS4s Backward Compatibility costs $$$. PER MONTH.
>Nobody gives a shit

>MFW

I honestly don't understand how Microsoft are the bad guys yet everyone is literally throwing away money at a feature that should be free. Might as well get a PS1/PS2 and get the games for dirt cheap.
>>
>>333293268
Because xbots are the minority here

also Xbone B/C kinda sucks with just the lack of games worth playing and at launch they all ran like shit and some still do
>>
>literally throwing away money at a feature that should be free.

Paying for online.
>>
>>333293830
They are regularly optimizing it though. Left 4 Dead 2 runs beautifully for me.

You get what you pay for I guess. Oh wait.
>>
People in general just don't give a fuck about backwards compatibility.
>>
>wii u backwards compatibility

>put wii disc in
>it works immediately
>not a single game that's incompatible
>>
>>333294002
>Paying for Xbox Live
>Services are as tough as diamonds and rarely goes down

>Not paying for PSN
>Goes down regularly, your account is sometimes compromised, can be really for you if you left your credit/debit card info tied to your account.

Choose one.
>>
>>333293268
Its because Microsoft fucked over their fanbase from the start, and now 2 years later are trying to recover by backpeddling and doing damage control. People who aren't idiots see what they are doing and don't give a shit.
>>
>>333294292
>Microsoft fucked over their fanbase from the start.

If you're talking about 2 years ago, yes that was REALLY bad. You can blame Don Mattrick for that bullshit, which if you don't know, he resigned because of that.
>>
>>333294318
It has nothing to offer aside from dudebro shooters and shitty racing simulations. Consoles are overpriced hot garbage and have been for two generations.
>>
>>333294009
Enjoy paying for map packs while Valve gives them out for free.
>>
>>333293268
>I honestly don't understand how Microsoft are the bad guys
Because they fucked up at the start of the gen and no matter what they do to redeem it they are going to be the "bad guys" for this console generation.

It'd take a colossal failure on Sony's part to make them the "bad guys"
>>
>>333294318
I wasn't aware the Xbox even had any exclusives worth talking about. What games are you even referring to?
>>
>>333294461
Thats like saying Nazi's were only bad because of Hitler. But now that hes dead, Nazi's are ok.
>>
>>333294461
>You can blame Don Mattrick for that bullshit
Nope, Mircosoft itself shoulders the blame and will continue to do so until the next console generation
>>
Wait, you have to pay for BC on PS4? Lol thats pretty gay, I have the other consoles though so not really a big deal
>>
If Microsoft was planing on having BC, Xone would have been built with BC. The only reason they are slowly splicing it in latter is because they found out that the console is unappealing and needs the support.
>>
>>333293268
It's Microshit's fault that we have paid online now, go buy a PC Shitbox One has no games
>>
>>333294224
I chose steam and wii u, always up and always free?

Kys retard
>>
Backwards compatibility is nice but not a winning factor.

They still lack in every department with GAMES. Also who thd fuck cares for backward when you can just keep your old console the fuck.
>>
>>333294224
Xbl has gone down every other day for a few hours for the past 3 weeks
>>
>>333295110
Even without BC, X1 seems to be holding up fairly well.

In a way, the X1 being in 2nd place is a good thing for the people. MS will do anything they can to win the hearts of many people, even if that means all the good features they implement is free. Meanwhile, Sony is way over their heads and wants to price tag everything they come out with, just because they're in 1st and thinks they can get away with anything.
>>
>>333294002
>backwards compatibility
>paying for it

you seem confused, anon
>>
>>333293268

They just did THAT MUCH damage to themselves with their prelaunch bullshit. The hate is pretty much scarred into our psyches.

I know normies who still think every xbone needs a kinect, or you can't buy your games used, etc.

In all honesty they're the same fucking thing, bar one or two exclusives
>>
>>333294195
thats why you dont see anyone talking about it. its fine and works great.
>>
>>333294601
>>333294505
and then theres these faggots

>>333295439
>Microshit
how to know when to ignore someone. theyre too butthurt to say an actual name/brand
>>
>>333295673
There are many conveniences with BC.

>Those who don't have their older consoles
>Those who has alot of consoles and don't have room to plug in more HDMIs to their TVs
>Bringing your X1 somewhere, say if you're traveling somewhere, and still is able to play the game that is BC, also thanks to Cloud Saves

I can go on with this.
>>
>>333295982
Microdick detected

Enjoying your gimped PC?
>>
>microsoft paid shills trying hard
kek
>>
>>333295982
I'm not shitposting, I seriously don't know what worthwhile exclusives he's talking about.
>>
>>333294461
>one man
>responsible for the direction of an entire company
Pick one.
>>
>>333293268
>Xbox One
>Backwards Compatibility
XBONE has BC in the same way the 360 had BC. Which is to say, it doesn't really have BC.

Wii U is the only console with actual BC this gen, not counting handhelds.
>>
>>333293268
Those 360 games may be neat and all, and there's far more of them, but literally nothing is changed in them, and some don't even run as well as they did.

PS4's PS2 backwards compatibility doesn't cost anything per month, they sell them to you on a game by game basis, and their resolutions and framerates are usually updated, and trophies added. It's all quite different.

Unless you're talking about Playstation Now, which is a different beast entirely, but still doesn't require money paid per month.
>>
>>333295673

My xbox 360 is shitty, chugs like a lawnmower, and barely reads discs, I'm not going to keep it plugged in and wasting space. When I get bored of my wii u and get more free time, I will buy the xbone because backwards compatibility.

Too bad too, because I would have bought the PS4 on day one if it was BC. I never had a PS3
>>
>>333295749
This is why I don't argue with people who think PS4 is better.

X1 has better games
X1 has better online
X1 has better bc
X1 has a better fanbase
X1 has better support from its parent company

I bought a PS4 for BB and inFamous but beyond that there isn't much
>>
>>333296519
Some people just don't want to switch consoles and play the games they already own, i don't want a remaster, the game's 1 gen old
>>
>>333296519
>literally nothing is changed in them

Not IN them but apparently, some games run smoother on the X1 BC than on the 360 itself, which is a plus.
>>
>>333296560
>X1 has better games
If you like 343i Halo and Knee High Walls of War 4.
>X1 has better online
Considering XBL has gone down more often than PSN in the past year, I'd have to say no.
>X1 has a better fanbase
Literally the most irrelevant point ever made.
>X1 has better support from its parent company
LMAO WHAT
Because porting all your games to PC and making your console redundant is support right?

Fucking Hell, tell me I've been baited
>>
>>333296759
I know, I completely agree wish they could go the extra mile for full compatibility.

>>333296872
Do they? All I heard was just faster loading in some cases. But I guess that's what I get for only using it to play Perfect Dark again.
>>
>>333296560
>better support

This so much.

If your Xbox One is acting funny in the slightest way, they'll fix it and even throw in a free game just because. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave people Quantum Break for free.

Meanwhile, if your PS4 is on life support, guess what? Better cough up $100+. Account hacked or compromised? LOLOL, sucks to be you! Seriously, fuck Sonys support team.
>>
>>333296560
You don't honestly believe this do you?
I'd be so embarrassed for you if you did
>>
>>333296560

>has better games

Are they even that different?

PS4 has bloodborne and ratchet and clank. Xbone has sunset over drive, and halo whatever.
>>
>>333296463
You obviously know nothing.
>>
>>333296957
Better framerates too. Sorta.

Take Blighttown of Dark Souls 1 for example. The areas notorious for framerate drops but if you run it on the X1 BC, it actually runs really smooth but it's kinda a double edge sword too. If it runs smooth, it runs smooth, but if the framerate drops, it's much worse than how much it dips on the 360.
>>
>>333293830
Compared to absolutely no backwards compatibility for PS4
>>
>>333297252
Ps4 has more weeb games.

Xbone multiplats run slightly worse or have a lower resolution.

Beyond that, no, they aren't different
>>
>>333294665
That's implying Hitler is bad.
>>
Why would I care? 360s are cheap as dirt and I can play jet set future on it
>>
>>333296236
it's the video games division you dip microsoft makes more than just xboxes
>>
>>333297452

Is xbone getting Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV?

That's the only ones I care about at least
>>
>>333297106
A friend of mine had his account taken from him for a moment, and whoever got his password added their own PS4 as the 'primary account', after removing his own. After changing his password, he tried to remove that PS4, but without direct access, he couldn't. So he tried contacting tech support, who told him "You can only remove all systems once every 6 months", and they refused to do it again, despite the fact that someone else had gotten ahold of his account for a short while.

Basically, Sony's tech support sucks.
>>
>>333297280
That's a fucking fact.

Xbox One emulates select 360 titles.
PS4 has updated emulation of select PS2 classics and steaming of select PS3 games (both paid).
Wii U has 100% actual backwards compatibility.

This isn't even debatable. It's all objectively true.
>>
>>333297626
Final fantasy yeah

Kingdom hearts, I don't know. Maybe.
>>
File: 1459341214570.jpg (173 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
1459341214570.jpg
173 KB, 625x505
>backwards compatability
>not just owning the older system
>>
>>333297626

Yeah, it's getting both.
>>
>>333297587
And you think Mattick was responsible for the direction of the entire Xbox division?

You are sheltered and know nothing of how global corporations work.
>>
Even the Wii U and 3DS are backwards compatible.

There's literally no excuse.
>>
>>333297795
It's good for people who don't have the space to set up the old console again

My 360 is in storage, how is it not 1000x better to just download the 360 games on my xbone and play them
>>
>>333297795
>hooking up 10 dumb cubes to your TV and living in a sea of cables that you constantly have plug in and out like a peasant
>having a TV with two hundred consoles below it like you are some autistic video game collecting nerd

ewe lad
>>
>>333297795
please read
>>333296057
and shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1433362623115.gif (589 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1433362623115.gif
589 KB, 245x176
>>333297795
yfw surrounded by actual children who don't even have children's toys
>>
>>333297681
>It's Sony's fault my friend was a retard and got his account phished
If you're not an actual tech illiterate retard, you will not have any problems.

Who the fuck falls for phishing in 2016? Does he use Limewire too?
>>
File: 1456844463753.gif (991 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1456844463753.gif
991 KB, 320x240
>>333296953
Alright motherfucker let's do this

>X1 has better games
>If you like 343i Halo and Knee High Walls of War 4.
Yes Halo 5 has the best multiplayer for any Halo game, yes I enjoyed the story, yes it has replayability out the ass.
It also has (and we're talking xbone over ps4, not xbone over pc) Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Forza 5, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dead Rising 3, Halo MCC, Quantum Break, etc. And that's only touching AAA

>X1 has better online
>Considering XBL has gone down more often than PSN in the past year, I'd have to say no.
XBL has better chat support, better "free" games each month, and I've never been alerted to my credit card being compromised

>X1 has a better fanbase
>Literally the most irrelevant point ever made.
You fucking know your answer to that is complete and utter bullshit. I remember when Undertale came out, everyone on /v/ fucking loved it for about a week until the "Fanbase" ruined the game. I honestly have the best times in comfy xbone threads. Meanwhile PS4 threads are the cancer of this site

>X1 has better support from its parent company
>LMAO WHAT
>Because porting all your games to PC and making your console redundant is support right?

See
>>333297106
>>
It's because they came out of an incredibly terrible position from their last management. Microsoft 2013 E3 convention shall be compared in the annals of vidya history to the Raping of the Vestals, or the Bourbons taking power.
>>
>>333298249
>actually defending Halo 5
>actually trying to push *also on PC games as exclusives
Top kek

You're a fucking parody.
>>
>>333293268
you would have to be seriously retarded or a straight up nigger to ever play xbone or use windows 10
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 290x174
>Nintendo does something a long time ago and almost flawlessly and yet rarely get praised for it
>Xbox and Sony FINALLY catch up but half-ass the fuck out of it, but fans go insane about it

And yet when Nintendo does something stupid that isn't even as stupid as what Xbox and Sony did, (motion controls being the best example), they get shit on hard for starting trend despite the fact that it's still the less shit version of it.

I love how two-sided /v/ can be sometimes.
>>
>>333298249
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
You know this is on PS4 too, right?
>>
>>333297727
So Ps4 getting select titles on 2 consoles and recharging to play them > Xbox constantly releasing free backwards compatible titles?
>>
>>333293830
pretty sure xbone has more exclusives to PS4.
>>
>>333298806
No.

Wii U BC > Xbone BC > PS4 BC

Picking between xbone bc and ps4 bc is like picking the shinier turd.
Congrats, but it's still a turd.
>>
>>333294002
that meme doesn't work now, both shittacular consoles do that.
>>
>>333294601
not an xbot, but off the top of my head

Sunset Overdrive
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Halo shit
>>
>>333295439
Did the original xbox have servers or something? These days I'm not sure what microsoft is really charging their customers for their online service.
>>
>>333298894
PS4
>97 exclusives
>97 PS exclusives
>992 total games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

XBONE
>34 exclusives
>7 MS exclusives
>501 total games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Sorry Microshill, it doesn't matter which way you look at it.
XBONE does not have more games than PS4.
>>
>>333298618
I doubt it
>>
>>333299389
Weeb and indies doesn't count, faggot.
>>
>>333299546
Any game that's exclusive to xbone doesn't count either. Xbone has literally 0 exclusives.
>>
>>333299546
Weeb games are the only things that matter though.
>>
>>333298970
I'm sorry but the only one I see being bad in this is PS, while Wii u may have all backwards compatibility with it's games Xbox is doing it the right way when it wasn't even planned to have it in the first place. And not even owning a PS it still pisses me off they would charge you twice for a game you already own.
>>
>>333299546
>complains about weeb games
>on a weeb website
Faggot
>>
>>333298249
>Forza Horizon 2
On X-Box 360.
>Forza 6
On PC.
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
Enhanced version coming to PS4 later this year. Also on PC and 360.
>Dead Rising 3
On PC.
>Quantum Break
On PC.

So you're meaning to tell me the only AAA exclusives the X-Box One has are Sunset Overdrive, Forza 5, Halo 5 and Halo MCC? You're literally saying it only has 4 triple AAA exclusives. While PS4 has Knack, Killzone 4, Until Dawn, Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Uncharted Collection, Heavy Rain / Beyond Collection.
>b-b-b-but the uncharted and heavy rain / beyond collections aren't brand new games!
Well neither is the Halo MCC but you still had to list it, but I understand why, you X-Box drones are so starved for exclusives you have to grasp at every single last fucking straw you can. And I'm not even gonna bother listing shit like Driveclub cause I don't give a flying fuck about degenerate racing games and The Order is one of the worst things I have ever seen. There's also Journey's Collector's Edition which includes Flow and Flower, but not sure if this counts or not, hard to tell since you count Halo MCC.
>inb4 but most of those ps4 exclusives like knack and killzone 4 are shit
That didn't stop you from listing generic dudebro shooter #9398585 (Halo 5) or generic dudebro racing game #3498593459853 (Forza games).
>>
Reminder that viral marketing is real. It's that or gamers are really that retarded

Seriously. You can't make this shit up.

>I honestly don't understand how Microsoft are the bad guys

I remember people SCREAMING when the Xbox One was going to be always online. When it disallowed used games. But now that they backpadeled and added sloppy BC they're the "good guys" again. You people are like battered housewives. Sony isn't much better either.
>>
>>333299507
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/23/9023339/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-ps4-windows
>inb4 Polygon
First link I could find. Google it and see for yourself.
>>
>>333299698
DeadRising 3 was amazing
>>
>>333293268
>microsoft charges for online and has ads
>microsoft tried to force PC to charge for online
>microsoft tried to force PC to charge for achivements
>microsoft had to do 3 relaunches of GFWL
>microsoft bought out one of the longest running PC gaming mags and forced them to become GFWL the magazine
>microsoft promised a slew of new games to prove it was invested as much as steam was to revive the PC
>microsoft releases halo 2 vista, a horrid port that barely works at the same time they release halo 3
thats only like 2001 - 2004. Want me to cover the rest of the 12 years?
>>
I don't care about backwards compatability because I'm not a retard who throws away my things when new things come out.
>>
>>333299698
Halo 5 was fun
>>
shill thread
>>
>Caring about backwards compatibility.
I have my PS3. I have my 360. They play PS3 games and 360 games better than my PS4 or Xbone do.
>>
File: comethefuckon.jpg (312 KB, 2048x1864) Image search: [Google]
comethefuckon.jpg
312 KB, 2048x1864
>>333293268
Microsoft fucked up big time with the announcement. Sony took advantage. And it's been snowballing since, since normies (where the monies are) don't give a fuck about any other details about the industry.

The big headline were, "XBONE A SHIT," people flock into PS4, and no one wants to get left behind.

Don't be stupid anon, come on
>>
>>333300228
I don't understand anon. What's so bad about the games being on PC?

I don't have a PC that can run these games as good as my X1.

Why wouldn't I add them to the list?

Also, you can't really compare Killzone 4 to Halo 5, or Knack to Forza Horizon 2 anon. We both know who wins out of those.
>>
>>333300673
The thing is, MS is actually trying to do something about it.

Thats more than what I can say about PS4.
>>
>>333299082
Dead Rising 3 and KI aren't exclusives anymore, they're on PC.
>>
File: capitalism.jpg (47 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
capitalism.jpg
47 KB, 370x370
>>333301091

yes but the initial impression is enough for most people, and then is the post purchase rationalization.

>the media told me the xbone was shit and the ps4 was better, so i bought the ps4.
>the xbone seems to be getting better than the ps4, but i already boght a ps4 and i can do no wrong.
>>
>>333300679
>I don't understand anon. What's so bad about the games being on PC?
>I don't have a PC that can run these games as good as my X1.
>Why wouldn't I add them to the list?
Because this makes it unfair on yourself, increasing the list of exclusive PS4 games to an even bigger height with Blacklight, Final Fantasy XIV, Killing Floor 2, Star Ocean, Street Fighter V, etc.
>Also, you can't really compare Killzone 4 to Halo 5, or Knack to Forza Horizon 2 anon. We both know who wins out of those.
You can't really compare Halo 5, Forza etc to Bloodborne. We both know who wins out of those. Also, you're deluded if you think Halo 5 is any good. It's generic dudebro shooter #2958, whether or not Killzone 4 or even Knack is better than Halo 5 is a genuine debate. Ditto for Forza, as I said, generic dudebro racing game #2855, but ofcourse, that's the sort of common denominator the X-Box One console attracts.
>>
>owning an XB1 or PS4
>paying for exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, Killzone or Knack

You people are fucking cucks.
>>
>>333295731
Why the fuck do you lie on the Internet anon? I have been playing on Xbox live for the past week and it's not been down
>>
>>333301091
Yeah, they are trying real hard to gain back the audience and honestly I appreciate that (and even Xbox Japan team's effort in the unwinnable battlefield).
Aside from not being able to play Japshit, I think Xbone is still a decent choice. But let's be real, the market already "chose a side." With MS even not publishing sales number anymore, it's obvious PS4 has gotten the largest foothold in today's console market.
>>
Why does everyone on this board act like Sony is the good guy and really cares about you? Yeah the shit show Microsoft unveiled with this console was bad, desu was gonna make me get a PS4 but all my friends stuck the with Xbox so I did as well, but let's not pretend Sony wouldn't have followed suit. They just got lucky that Microsoft caught all the shit while they could act innocent
>>
>own both ps3 and 360
>don't sell them because not retarded
Is it really that hard?
>>
>>333301680
What if I own both a gaming pc and a console? You act like it's fucking one or the other.
>>
>>333293268
They have no fucking games for backwards compatibility, just Xbox arcade shovelware.
>>
>>333302462
People are crazy
All I enjoy from console wars are the constant one-upping from each sides
>>
>>333302769
What are you talking about? There are quite a few good back words compatible games on the xbox
>>
>>333293830
Most still do they have yet to fix nuts and bolts or perfect dark or fable2 so I just pretend the bc is not even there not even fucking worth mentioning it unless you play like the five games that work well on it
>>
>>333302462
>Why does everyone on this board act like Sony is the good guy and really cares about you?
All I give a fuck about are good games, something Sony tends to support. Microsoft just pulled in the dudebro crowd with their 360, their exclusives being dudebro trash like Halo, Gears of War, Forza, etc, I liked Left 4 Dead though. Sony got shit like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, they even used to have cool shit like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear. They don't any more, but the point stands Microsoft NEVER ONCE invested their time or money into interesting games like that, they just want to appeal to the dudebro masses and never ever branch out. Sony have occasionally tried to fund / make games for people who actually like games, while Microsoft have exclusively catered towards dudebro fucks who want their generic third / first person shooters.
>>
>>333303087
https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/
>>
File: 1459098308585.png (319 KB, 590x384) Image search: [Google]
1459098308585.png
319 KB, 590x384
>>333300332
keep going please i find this interesting
>>
File: IMG_-atxgif.jpg (15 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-atxgif.jpg
15 KB, 306x306
>>333300332
Get to part where they were the ones responsible for introducing advertising to consoles
>>
>>333299081
PC and WiiU are still free.
>>
>>333294224
>saving credit card info on servers
>ever

Just take the time to re-enter it and then lol when a hack happens
>>
>>333303440
Yeah did you look at the list idiot?
>no good games
>dark souls
>Witcher 2
>Mass Effect

Do I need to go on retard?
>>
>>333301691
>IT'S NOT DOWN IF I HAVENT EXPERIENCED IT
Fuck off
>>
Literally half the games they promised aren't even in the BC program. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1411883580956.png (59 KB, 199x174) Image search: [Google]
1411883580956.png
59 KB, 199x174
>Baiting THIS hard
>>
File: IMG_20160307_212707.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160307_212707.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
>>333303892
>Witcher 2 on 360
>>
File: 1391609940070.jpg (15 KB, 374x250) Image search: [Google]
1391609940070.jpg
15 KB, 374x250
>>333303892
Wow, youre a special kind of stupid, arent ya?
>>
>>333304147
>Xbox live has been down for hours every other day for the last several weeks
>posts a article from a fucking month ago

Holy shit
>>
>>333304365
>>333304419
Are these games suddenly not on it? Or are they just suddenly bad games now?
>>
>>333304278
I'm just waiting for fucking LO, I got everything else I wanted.
>>
File: IMG_20160223_202415.jpg (63 KB, 480x403) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160223_202415.jpg
63 KB, 480x403
>>333304465
Good luck finding an article that flat out states "Xbox live has been down for 3 weeks" i'd make a collage of articles stating its down from the past month but that requires effort, something you're not worth.
>>
Sony platforms all have come with backwards compatibility since the PS2, if you own a PS3 that's backwards compatible, you don't really need to invest in PS4 backwards compatibility.

With the Xbox, they've been enforcing price docks on all backwards compatibility since the 360. On the 360, you needed a harddrive, and now, on the Xbone, you need an account.
>>
File: IMG_rmh7dq.jpg (141 KB, 533x468) Image search: [Google]
IMG_rmh7dq.jpg
141 KB, 533x468
>>333304727
Witcher 2 is not a bad game but the 360 port is
>>
>>333305193
So I played Witcher 2 on PC. Just because it's a bad port doesn't mean it's a bad game. Dark Souls was a shitty PC port, but it's not a bad game. If you wanted to play the Witcher but didn't have a gaming PC then why not play it on Xbox?
>>
>>333296560
It also has the better costumer support, it may not be perfect but you get treated like a queen compared to steam or PSN.
>>
File: IMG_20151107_185832.jpg (74 KB, 545x596) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_185832.jpg
74 KB, 545x596
>frequent a vidya news site
>make a compelling arguement about how the Xbone is a failure with links to everything
>"NUH UHTHE XBOX IS GETTING GREAT GAMES LIKE BLUNDER BREAK AND FAILBOUND, etc.
>game comes out
>its shit/average
>this shit has been happening with every new xbone game announced
>>
>>333298404
>I haven't played this game and I nevrr will but I know is shit!

H5 has:
>The best Forge
>The best Multiplayer
>The best post-Launch support

People complained about the misleading advertising about Locke hunting MC. The campaign is fun as tits.
>>
File: 1459782979877.png (242 KB, 446x422) Image search: [Google]
1459782979877.png
242 KB, 446x422
>>333303442
>>333303509
>microsoft promised to do new things, like play from the first level from the disc while it installs. Good concept, only used in halo 2V because it had to be a microsoft published game to use it.
>microsoft promised cross platform multiplayer. It worked on less than 10 games because every time, the PC would win. It go so bad that microsoft started actually patching PC versions only to nerf it. Shadowrun was one of the more famous ones, where it lowered mouse speeds, disabled external mouse speed programs (ie, logitech gaming software) and even disabled mouse wheel scroll switching and forced people to use the # keys to switch weapons, to make it 'fair' to console players who had to hit the bumpers to switch
>microsoft also tried a PC port of halo 3. it never left the internal testing phase because they brought random gamers in around the washington area to test it against 10 random teams from EGL's halo 3 division. Without fail, the average gamer beat the console players almost every time by a wide margin. After this test was concluded (only lasted for a weekend) the 4 day old ad for Halo 3 on GFWL's friendslist was removed and it was never spoken of again, the 'port' (which consisted of 2 maps) was killed because microsoft was afraid if lives core fanbase found out they where being beaten all the time by a different system, they would get mad and stop paying for live. This is also why there was never another cross platform game from microsft, and only a single one after that (blublaze)
>microsoft was also paying cliffy B a lot of money to bad mouth PC and PC gamers. They wanted gears to be /THE/ franchise for xbox, one PC couldnt touch. Cliffy B, who hated working on PC games in general, had no problem. The heads of epic always loved PC, as they founded GoD, Epic and their entire empire on the backs of PC's, so they exercised their contract right to port GoW to PC. Future rights where removed in the negotiations of the budgets for 2 & 3.
>>
>>333300228

They are Microsoft exclusives only playable on Win10 or Xboners. Either way you are paying M$.

>Knack, Killzone 4, Until Dawn

Ooohh I see, quality over quantity friendo.
>>
File: 23d.jpg (17 KB, 723x780) Image search: [Google]
23d.jpg
17 KB, 723x780
>>333306495
But shit like that isnt universal and its entirely dependent on the employee. Steams isnt even and its just they're incredibly slow and half the time I've called Xbox up I've gotten Ballzack taybagger on their other end speaking arab in between calls. Sony's support isnt 24/7 so because of this Muhammed doesnt answer the phone.

Your arguements reek of bait and are just grasping at every positive you can scrap
>>
>>333293268
sony is better at marketing, just look at all the shills they have on /v/
>>
File: 1458761752436.png (89 KB, 191x240) Image search: [Google]
1458761752436.png
89 KB, 191x240
>>333307675
>>333303442
>>333303509
>microsoft decided the correct way to handle CD keys was to limit installs. To reinstall a game you purchased, you could install the game X amount of times before it expired. Once expired, you had to call the Xbox live support, who would then transfer you to tier 2, who would then transfer you to the single GFWL support call center (who was only open mon - friday 10 am - 8pm pst) so you could get a new key. Upon reaching these clowns (all of whom where Indian, I shit you not), they would require that you take a picture of your disc, the case, the manual, the cd key inside the case itself (usually a sticker) or the back of the manual where the key was sometimes located and then a picture with all of them in the same picture. If you emailed the support personal you where talking to these photo's, they would generate you a new cd key activation ticket and a new CD key would be emailed to your GFWL registered email in 2-4 weeks. Most of the early GFWL games had this feature, and the limit was around 3-5 installs. It wasnt until GTA 4 and Bioshock 2 they removed the feature completely.
>microsoft somehow convinced players that the best way to get good service was to pay for it, and the pay would go towards the server costs. Little did they know that LIVE has the OPTION for dedicated servers, but the publishers had to pay for the upkeep, which most didnt want to do because they had to use Microsoft approved servers in their own hosing locations. Most of them where player hosted (remember those archaic times? oh wait...). All m$ did with live is create a basic matchmaking system, chat system (took them forever) and bad quality VOIP. None of this was even close to cost of the monthly fee. But to help recover console costs (since they where losing per unit) they also started selling ad space. They convinced xbox players that paying for P2P servers and the /rights/ to see ads was the best option.
>>
File: d2e.jpg (39 KB, 473x555) Image search: [Google]
d2e.jpg
39 KB, 473x555
>>333308913
>>333307675
>>333300332
People shit all over Sony for charging for online. But why did nobody shit on Microsoft for introducing it in the first place? The same shit happened with Nintendo and DLC
>>
>>333306495
Better customer support is only something you need when shit is broken. Ideally, you don't use the service you use when shit fucks up as a metric for quality in a product.
>>
>>333310272
dude, GFWL got shit on hard. I mean, for fuck sake, it had to drop its pay services twice and did 3 complete relaunches. But the DLC thing wasnt them, it was bethesda. And it did catch some controversy.
>>
>>333299081
Online on PC, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita are all free.
>>
>>333312057
Funny thing is that in PC you can play SFV with sonyggers and KI with xbots for free, while they're both paying.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.