[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much time will take for SF5 to actually be a good game in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20
File: índice.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
How much time will take for SF5 to actually be a good game in general? Because as of now it is lacking a lot of shit and i don't think the game will be at a decent state even in june.

Also, Street Fighter 5 thread i guess: Post mains, lp, fm, characters you have most trouble with, what do you like most in the game and what you dislike in the game.
>>
File: image.png (268 KB, 564x504) Image search: [Google]
image.png
268 KB, 564x504
>I'm a filthy casual and it lacks muh single player and muh lore

Get out
>>
Chun, 3800 I think right now, I don't give a shit about fight money because I will just grab Ibuki this season and forget about the rest.
Game is fine. Retarded shit keeps popping up, just give it time until people find everything.
>>
File: CcerVUWUsAAxCb6.jpg (81 KB, 600x867) Image search: [Google]
CcerVUWUsAAxCb6.jpg
81 KB, 600x867
>>333279408
out of curiosity, how do you handle the Dhalsim matchup?
>>
>>333280997
Like I did in 4, absolute fucking dogshit. I don't have patience for the matchup so I fish for CCs with back fierce for a bit, when they slow down with the buttons I try to go balls deep and never let go.
>>
I really want to play online but I alwas get disconnected from the opponent with error code 40002 before the VS screen appears
Did anyone had this problem? What did you do to solve it?
>>
>>333282712
Open your ports, Capcom has a list somewhere, google it. Or put your PS4 into DMZ but not if you're on peecee.
>>
>>333282885
I'm on pc and I forwarded every port I found online but portforwarding was meant for the solution of fuck long wait times until you find a match. I find matches between 1-5 min but I always get disconnected before the match begins.
>>
>>333283104
Check your anti-virus? Maybe it's blocking something.
>>
>>333278974
What do you mean good game in general? Like what features do you want?
>>
File: 347.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
347.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>not maining Marge
>>
>>333283260
This was one of the first things I did. I turned firewall and anti-virus off, I updated my router and reinstalled the game. Still not a single online match so far.
>>
>>333279214
>You are a filthy casual
It is ltierally the excuse for anything ain't it?
>>
>>333283406
>Not maining spongebob
Marge players are scum.
>>
>>333283406
>not Dark Excellent Donald
What fucking casual are you
>>
>>333279214
>I defend a $60 game with barebones content to look hardcore online
>>
What in all of actual fuck is missing anymore we got all the important stuff except for daily challenges
>>
>>333287534
>muh arcade mode
>muh vs cpu
>>
>>333287642
>defending a lack of basic content that has been in nearly every single fighting game since ST

How does it feel defending a company that doesn't care about you, certainly not enough to release a game worth of the price tag.
>>
File: 1457026137843.jpg (368 KB, 1279x1129) Image search: [Google]
1457026137843.jpg
368 KB, 1279x1129
>>333278974
What would actually make the game good to you?
Story mode? Because that's the kind of thing you play once and never again.
Single player shit has always sucked in all fighting games
>>
>>333287769
Company actually cares about me
They don't waste their time and resources on useless single player shit. And I am happy with this decision
>>
>>333288123
>they care about me since they included less content than any other fighting game in the past 5 years but still charge $60 at release, $90 with season pass
>>
>>333288242
I don't play this content anyway
Like I had every single release of BlazBlue and never played story mode. I did try it in the first one (bbct) and was really disappointed with useless CPU fights in story mode
Why would someone play with CPU when there is training, versus and online?
>>
>>333287642
It can be debated that survival is arcade mode. They are literally doing the same thing. Fight X amount of rounds against AI and survive till the end. Just with no continues.

And you can turn on the AI in training mode. As for vs. AI, why the fuck would you want that? You'll train yourself to have bad habits.

Sounds like people are looking for reasons to be upset.

If anything, they need to fix the compatibility of controllers on the PC port. That's it.
>>
File: feels good man.png (1 MB, 1027x1050) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.png
1 MB, 1027x1050
>>333278974
Still stuck in bronze hell moved from 706 to 860 back down to 630 life is still suffering. I still want to main Birdie but I have been havin a good time Wrastlin people with alex if anyone wants to join or make a lobby let me know US WEST
>>
>>333288242
You're a fucking idiot.

The trials in SFV are actually useful for a change compared to how pointless they were in the past.

That makes up for a lack of "lol arcade mode"
>>
File: image.jpg (1005 KB, 2968x1453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1005 KB, 2968x1453
Post sticks
>>
>>333288580
Survival mdoe is completely different from arcade or story mode made. Also, what is the point of having an a.i and not having versus mode against the a.i.
>>
>>333288242
But I don't need the season pass. I have 759k fight money. All the characters for season 1 are free for me.

I mean are you really that much of a retard?

I don't need a cutscene mode that does nothing but add brain dead fights so I can watch some shit story. I don't need v.CPU since it's a pointless feature that doesn't help you in any capacity unless you need to feel good because you're so shit that you can't even beat rookies.

Unless you're actually defending physical revisions like every other fighter does, locking game play balance and mechanic changes behind paywalls.
>>
>>333289061
> arcade mode
> a time killer mode that was designed to entertain players at an arcade machine when no one wanted to fight them

> story mode
> a text scroll and a picture at the end of arcade mode

> Mortal Kombat storymode
> don't play the game at all, just watch shitty cutscenes with some QTEs because Mortal Kombat plays like crap compared to every fighter on the market and needed a gimmick because gore wasn't going to help them anymore

Also there is no point of playing against CPU. Playing against CPU proves that you're god awful at the game and need any handicap to feel good about how bad you are.
>>
Karin is my main. I find she plays a lot differently than she LOOKS like she plays. She's not the kind of rush-down where you don't think. She stands in mid-range and pokes until you fuck up and then she goes ham. She's real fun
>>
>>333286969
I just don't care about any of the single player content.
>>
>>333278974
>lacking a lot of shit
ITS CALLED STREET FIGHTER
AND THE ONLY THING IN THE GAME
IS FIGHTING
IN THE STREETS
>>
>>333289431
OH and my biggest tip for Karin players:
I see a lot of you trying to tenko constantly. While Tenko itself comes out in 3-6 frames, don't forget the actual dash animation FOR it takes a frame or two, and ITs are REALLY short range, which means I constantly see people attempt to do it either too close or too far. If you're at medium and want a safe way to get in, do an orochi (it's safe on block and covers a lot of distance), save your tenkos for AA or hit-confirms
>>
>>333289745
I do kind of wish there were more characters. I think the game will be where it needed to be at the end of the year, character-wise
>>
>>333290068
it's a league of legends style game, they are going to release new characters constantly forever
>>
>>333289340
> because Mortal Kombat plays like crap compared to every fighter on the market and needed a gimmick because gore wasn't going to help them anymore
Fuck you MKX has solid game play only thing fags say is muh 50/50s witch SFV now has
>>
>>333290371
this. mkx is actually fuckin' awesome
>>
>>333290371
>muh 50/50s witch SFV now has

The fuck are you even on about, scrub?

I'll give you that Mortal Kombat X is fun, but don't you be making shit up.
>>
>mfw I enjoy SFV,KI,MKX, and GGxrd and you all fight like babies about muh favorite
>>
>>333290609
>What 50/50s
>Who is mika
>Who is Laura
>>
Alex and his parries my be a problem. I haven't even fought a Ryu who could really parry yet, but I just ran into an Alex who could and that first round was not fun.
>>
>>333290609
>Mika
>Laura
>Literally every situation with a knock down
>Almost half of the cast has grabs
>Counters

The entire base of the game is guessing mate.
>>
>>333291172
>>333290881
Learn to V-reversal. Mika is only a problem when you don't understand when to hit buttons. You can punish almost all of her normals on start up. Laura has no invincible reversal. She has an armor move that you can bait out super easily because everybody wants to mash it.

The game doesn't have crouch tech so it feels like the characters are impossible to win against when you get knocked down, which is a good thing. Learn your opponents character, and your opponent.
>>
>>333291172
>Almost half of the cast has grabs

What the fuck

Are you talking about a command throw or just a fucking normal techable throw

Are you this bad at Street Fighter or something?
>>
>>333290918
you just need to learn the ins and outs of his parry

whenever he charges up his lariat he will auto-parry any *one* hit that connects
after that, he has to press lariat again in order to keep parrying

just don't attack him when he's charging and jump over his resulting lariat

alternatively, use multi-hit moves while he's charging, they never parry those
>>
>>333291802
>Vega
>Laura
>Zangief
>Rainbow Mika
>Birdie
>Alex
>Necalli
>>
>>333291998
Dude was parrying my rekkas with Karin. But yeah I just had to extra careful while he was in v trigger to beat him.
>>
>>333278974
Anyone want to join a battle lounge?
>>
>>333293004
EU or US ?
Why not if EU
>>
>>333293132
West US sorry EU I can still make one if you want to join
>>
>>333293186
Well it's not like I don't want to join, it's just that I don't want to play DBZ Fighter V
>>
>>333293336
Is it you tea or someone else? It worked fine last time I fought a britbong
>>
M.Bison, 6k LP, what about you guys?
>>
>>333286969
I already have more hours in SF5 than any other game to come out in the past year. It has more than paid for its self already.
>>
>>333293478
Birdie/Alex 700 lp get on my level scrub
>>
>>333293556
I'm waiting for the first good Alex player to appear so I can actually see how he works. I played him for like 3 hours but I didn't really get a feel for an overall play-style.
>>
>>333293478
Just reached Platinum with Cammy on PS4. Around 6.5k with using a combination of Ryu and Mika on PC.
>>
>>333278974
I picked it up the other day. Never going to be good but learning and practicing is satisfying. Honestly the whole idea of fighting games is very satisfying to me, not looking for mindless single player movies anymore
>>
R. Mika/Necalli player
3.1k LP
Mainly play at locals for SFV and other fightan.
>>
>>333293779
I'm not the best but I'm not the worse I got time for some games if you want to fight even though you'll most likely body me
>>
>>333293892
Nah, just finished a 3 hour session and I'm done for now, climbed 800 lp.
>>
>>333293381
It's not much about tea, more about baguettes
>>
File: 1442748858237.jpg (173 KB, 750x1061) Image search: [Google]
1442748858237.jpg
173 KB, 750x1061
>>333278974
Every time a new fighting game comes out, people relentlessly bitch about whatever the strongest character is, whatever they find to be broken, etc.

Street Fighter 5 is the first fighting game I can remember ever seeing come out where the nearly universal consensus is that the game is very balanced, almost every character is very strong, and there is no bullshit that completely dominates the game out the door.

Literally the only thing it doesn't have that is standard for a fighting game is arcade mode. If you really want arcade mode I guess the game isn't for you, but aside from not having that one feature it is everything everyone has always wanted. The online was fucked when it first came out, true, but it works fine now.

If the game being "unfinished" in this way was the compromise we had to make for getting one of the most refined and well balanced fighters in time for the tournament season, I'm perfectly happy about it. And no, I didn't pay $60 for it, it was available for much less than that all over the place.
>>
>>333290881
>>333291172

And they need to get close.

MKXis like everyone is Dudley, except their overheads hit from much further away and can lead into big combos, as can lows.

SF command grab 50/50s at least need them to get in first, MKX high/low bullshit doesn't and its completely retarded and lacks any significant skill ceiling
>>
>>333294340
This is probably what I'm most happy about, I play against at least 7 different characters in a single play session.
>>
>>333292240

And that is why SFV is trash and will die in a few years
>>
>>333294638
All of those characters play differently, having command grabs does not make them the same.
>>
>>333294989
Fucking this only three of them feel like real grapplers
>>
It's a fucking fantastic game ya dingus. I haven't enjoyed a SF as mucch since 3S.

Anyway, LP is 7570, main is Sim, sub is Karin and it seems I have trouble with Birdie as I got rekt 10-2 in a set today. On paper it should be good for Sim, but when they randomly do ex bullhead it just blows me up.
>>
>>333294989

Giving Necalli and Vega command grabs is just fucking retarded, Necalli already has easy confirms, a DP, 3 frame jabs, good frame traps and some of the best pressure in the game, as well as having a psuedo zoning tool with his VSkill and a full screen meterless fireball punish and combo ender

He doesn't need a command grab, and the character is stupid as fuck
>>
>>333280997
I'm sure that's how Ricky Ortiz wants to look like in his dreams.
>>
>>333295710
I feel like Necalli's SFV the character
>>
File: 20150920_112137.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150920_112137.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>333288818
>>
Anyone in the UK / Europe want to play?

1500LP but don't play ranked, around Silver - Super Silver for skill level, play Ryu mostly but want to learn Cammy / Necalli
>>
File: 1457259983492.jpg (105 KB, 500x710) Image search: [Google]
1457259983492.jpg
105 KB, 500x710
>>333295962
I'm down for a few games, Ultra Bronze Karin btw

CFN Fatezero
>>
>>333288123
>Company actually cares about me

Lol

Wew, lad
>>
File: 1451447278875.jpg (196 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451447278875.jpg
196 KB, 708x1000
>>333290609
I love how almost every SF thread these days starts with "this game is shit, post your mains" and ALWAYS at some point someone is like "yeah this game is shit, but look at MK, it's even MORE shit".

Used to be other way around. SFV is fun though.
>>
>>333295945
If you've got a gaymen PC next to that then you're a top tier idort anon
>>
>>333296319
Sure, gimmie 10 mins. PS4 or steam?
>>
>>333294340
Oh boy we get a "balanced" game in return for extremely dumbed down neutral and rushdown. Capcom seriously wants to kill anything that's not a shoto or relatively safe poke character.

Take someone like Alex who has the worst oki in the game. His fastest reversal is 5 frames so meaties are fucking free on him. His only option is to V-reversal and hope the setplay turns in his favor. Meanwhile someone like Ryu has a 1 frame invincible reversal that only costs 1 EX, a parry, and a 3 frame jab so the wakeup game against someone like Ryu is incredibly frustrating.

If you seriously think someone like Alex, where his best pokes can't cancel, his best reversals are so slow they practically get beat by any move with even a smidge of decent active frames and advantage, and the reliance to get in on characters that can stuff every blockstring and mixup he has with cr. LP, can compare to someone like Ryu who practically has no weaknesses to exploit whatsoever then you're fucking nuts thinking this game is "balanced".

The thing about a game like 3rd Strike was that it's so incredibly unbalanced but it works since reads are more rewarding in that game that any other SF. Makoto gets a karakusa on you in the corner with SA2 it's a TOD combo, anywhere else on the screen is 40% with st. HP xx HP Hayate linked into SA1. But then you look at Q who is practically one of the worst characters in the game. He gets one solid parry that's a HK Capture and Deadly Blow right there. If you're in the corner he gets meterless 40% damage and a taunt to increase his stamina. Midscreen it's one EX for 40-50% and another taunt. One single st. close MK into super is 40% and two relatively safe taunts.

The thing is Q has a multitude of ways to get that combo in. Parrying, tick throwing, hard reading it. Now look at Alex in SFV. At midscreen he needs V-trigger AND super to get shit damage that gets beat by a fucking twig like Karin just doing a basic confirm into CA.
>>
Silver Ryu here

>Fight gold Ken
>He flowcharts
>Parry and dp him
>Tries to dp on wakeup
>Parry and dp again
>Connection has been interrupted
>>
>>333296408
h8 2 br8k it 2 u m8 but Ryu doesn't even need meter for a reversal lol

And 3f normals don't matter for oki, meaties and meaty throws beat everything

If you press buttons on wakeup, even of it's 3 frames, you're a moron
>>
>>333296408
Alex is brand new, no one legitimately knows where he falls on the tier list.

But even if you are correct that he's bad, he's one character out of an overall extremely balanced and diverse game.
>>
>>333296406
PS4
>>
>>333296497
>TFW parrying his step kick

:^)
>>
>>333294340
karinfag saying the game is balanced

how funny.
>>
Who'll play Urien?

And how do you think he'll turn out?

They'll fuck up Aegis, I just know it :(
>>
>>333297189
They're more than likely going to make it a V trigger, whether it's 2 or 3 bars I'm not too sure.
>>
>>333297132
What about Karin is unbalanced?

I don't play her but her c.mk sucka and is horribly negative, -4 or something, her s.mk sucks (just stand outside it and stuff it with literally anything), her specials suck and her pressure is only decent with VTrigger, but even then any mixup that you guess correctly on she gets punished bad for it
>>
>>333297189
>>333297247

If tackle tackle headbutt isn't possible I will punch someone

And I fear it won't be because the execution is dumbed down garbage for babies now
>>
>tfw Ken main
Call me a scrub if you want, but I personally find Ken to be the only enjoyable character to play as. I love just how rushdown Ken is, especially with his V-skill. It's a shame Ken's design is so repulsive looking.

If I am still playing this game in a few months I would also like to play as Guile and Urien.
>>
>Buy game
>CAn't paly it in the morning because people are the are no people playing the game this soon in the morning,
>can't play the game in the afternoon because i usually have shit to do and prolems to take care
>Can't play the game at night because I'm usually too tired and everyone in the house also uses the internet, which makes my connection terrible so i don't even risk to play online
>Can't play much of the singleplayer content because it has some barebones shit and the a.i is super unfair
>Most of my friends played the game non-stop durin g the beta and are super gold already
>all of them wreck my shit up.

I have the worst luck with fighting games, holly shit.
>>
>>333296758
>diverse game
Yeah I love Grappler Hybrids and Give Everyone Else a Command Grab For the Fuck of It V too.

>>333296731
Yeah I'm sure Infiltration is a moron because he wakeups with with cr. LP at some point in most sets. Ah but he's only won the first two majors for SFV back to back, what does he know.

>>333297189
With how bad every charge move in the game is with the exception of Chun's, who isn't even really a charge character and has no reason to be at this point, my guess is he will either be gimped out the ass with the shitty buffering in V or they'll make him diet-Gill.
>>
>>333297754
But his VSkill sucks anon especially for rushdown

All I have to do is jab
>>
>>333298020
Probably because infiltration knows they're not going to meaty or throw

Because lp loses to both meaty throw and meaty nornals you dumb shit, hence for oki, its irrelevant

Do you even play the game?
>>
>>333298202
>"if you do this you're dumb"
>but this guy that's really good does it
>"well yeah but that doesn't count"

Never change, diaper
>>
>>333298501
He literally told you, because he made a read that they weren't going to meaty. What about that don't you understand?

>doesn't understand game mechanics
>doesn't understand a simple read
>calls others retarded
never change, /v/.

What about that don't you understand?
>>
>>333298501

Lmao so you don't play the game

Obviously he knows they're not going to do either and he can take control with jab, dumbshit

But if they did do meaty, or throw, his jab would lose
Which you'd realize if you played the game and this wasn't your first fighting game you fucking baby
>>
>>333298654
So if Infiltration does it, it's a read. But when other people do it's scrubby?
???
>>
>>333298815
other people didn't win two SFV majors in a row
>>
>>333298815
If an opponent fucks up their meaty, of course wake up jab will hit. That's punishment for fucking up your meaty in the first place. I'm going to assume you're just trolling, but wake up jab loses to every meaty as long as it's timed correctly.
>>
>>333295710
i bet makoto/fei long dont need one either huh
>>
>>333299069
>>333299025
So if someone like Infil does it, it's not a read. It's stupid because cr. LP obviously gets beat by every single other option right?
>>
It would be a good game if they removed R. Mika.
>>
why are battle lounges still fucked up?
they still dont shot connection bars in the lounge list, not even the flag of the host shows up.

fucking bullshit capcom
>>
>>333280997
wish i could cop this outfit fucking capcom
>>
do you need to be certain level to buy alt costumes? other than story mode?
>>
Bampu
>>
>>333299317
some rare times the connection does show up but it is usually to late to join.
>>
>>333299903
I don't think so but to unlock colors you have to get some levels.
Level 50 for color 15.
What the actual fuck ? I don't know myself.
>>
>>333300160
I just saw an alex with the cap costume and i can't don't see alts in the store so just wondered.
>>
>playing footsies with Necalli
>>
>>333299171
Makoto lacked an overhead to open people up ontop of not having a reliable dp necalli has an absurd amount of GOOD tools.
>>
>>333300684
i'm almost sure it is at the store
>>
>>333292240
If you don't know how to counter command throws you're shit
>>
>>333301587
Lmao amigo theres no countering command throws this aint tekken where you can tech that shit you make a read when you think the opponent is going for it and either backdash jump or try and throw a faster normal. It's a guessing game.
>>
>>333301940
The GUESSING GAME is the counter, you fucking retard
>>
>>333302145
A guessing game isn't a counter dude its a guessing game.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>333288818
Thinking of swapping out the Sanwas for Seimitsus when I get cash. Is it worth the investment?
>>
File: 4525134124.jpg (97 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
4525134124.jpg
97 KB, 715x715
>>333300865
Devour-hour?
>>
File: 6es4364YTBSKY.png (27 KB, 431x100) Image search: [Google]
6es4364YTBSKY.png
27 KB, 431x100
Dead gmae.
>>
File: 1457207016025.png (74 KB, 378x328) Image search: [Google]
1457207016025.png
74 KB, 378x328
>>333295962

GGs. Sorry I tend to play really defensively against the characters you play as. Especially Necalli and Cammy
>>
>>333302289

No, they're slightly less sensitive but that's the only real difference

Japanese arcades used to be dominated by Seimitsu and the sticks (Jap and export) were Sanwa, but Sanwa are replacing Seimitsus in arcades too

Its personal preference but there isn't much difference and none at all quality wise

IMO if you don't like Samwas and want something different, try ganerfinger buttons, they're mechanical switches, or Hori do some nice buttons too (they're very similar to Sanwa / Seimitsu too but its something else)

Focusattack.com sells I think every commercial button available, if I were you I'd buy 1 button of Seimitsu or any other type you want to try out and go from there
>>
>>333303071
ggs, Karin is a matchup I can't play patiently in neutral with at all, nice whiff punishes though

ggs
>>
>>333301587
You can't be this retarded
>>
To be a game I can recommend to a rando I predict it's going to take a year.

As it is I can safely recommend it to a fighting game player with a couple of caveats (ragequitting, stick/router compatibility, slow matchmaking for some people). The sooner Capcom deals with those, the more healthy the community will stay in the long run, so that's what they should focus on before expanding the content side of things.
>>
>>333304062
Ragequitting doesn't matter, and I don't think they can fix stick / router compatibility, can they?

Not with a patch, anyway
And wouldn't router compatibility be a netcode thing?

I don't think they'll put in the effort to fox those things when they can pretend the rushed characters they release are actually worth a fuck
>>
>>333304439
>Alex
>rushed
nice meme

They can fix whatever the fuck they want, if they wanted they could make the fucking game from scratch and push that out as a patch. It's not a fucking mod, why wouldn't capcom be able to patch the netcode to their own game that they developed? Whether they bother to fix that shit any time soon is a whole different question, though.
>>
>>333297189

Urine's Aegis is probably is probably gonna do a crapton of white health or guard break. both hopefully

Tempura Thunder will be his super, right?

I he'll stay as charge if Capcom knows what's good for them
>>
File: 1345707106710.gif (87 KB, 433x656) Image search: [Google]
1345707106710.gif
87 KB, 433x656
NA EC lobby open, password is 1590
>>
>>333297247
No way they'll make Aegis 3 bars. If anything it'll be 2 bars and make it easy for him to build it with his v-skill. They know how people played Urien, they're not going to intentionally screw that.
>>
bumpu
>>
>>333300684
That was a season pass user, it gives you the premium costumes for the dlc characters.
>>
goddamn birdie
>>
>>333280997
Whenever I see a teleport I mash DP and pray to god it autocorrects.
>>
File: 1395186205265.gif (402 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1395186205265.gif
402 KB, 400x300
I think I'm just going to have to admit that I'm free to Birdies stupid fucking dive for all time.
I've just resorted to trying to mash jab when ever he does it and still never react on time
>>
>>333309005
you can mash jab instead, works just fine
>>
>>333310564
Jump homie, neutral will give you a huge punish but a panic backjump will still get you out of dodge. It's not worth trying to stuff it with a jab when you can get a jump punish.

Set the training dummy to do the dive and neutral jump it a hundred times or so.
>>
>>333310776
Doesn't it lose to TP fierce and TP gale?
>>
>>333310564
Just neutral jump fàm
>>
>>333311360
not in my experience? Maybe if you play a character who has a slow jab, but I don't know the frame data on everybody's jabs in this game.
>>
>>333311670
Nah, Laura definitely has a 3f jab. I'll give it a shot sometime.
>>
How do I win against Karin as Alex?
>>
File: 1459815883601.gif (3 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1459815883601.gif
3 MB, 360x202
>>333311517
>>333311035
Thanks anons, I honestly don't know why I have such a hard time reacting to it.
It doesn't help that Birdie online is quite rare to run into nowadays
>>
>>333313324
The EX dive is pretty fucking fast.

What helps me is having a knee jerk reaction to seeing Birdie flash yellow and jumping.

Yes I get blown up by EX AA chain, but they almost never use it outside of combos.
>>
File: 1459833266165.jpg (131 KB, 584x800) Image search: [Google]
1459833266165.jpg
131 KB, 584x800
>>
File: sfv-102-alts-7-750.png (344 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
sfv-102-alts-7-750.png
344 KB, 750x350
I have no idea why /v/ bitches so much about Mika player.
Silver league Mikas are so fucking free holy shit
>>
>>333315609
>online play
world of difference
>>
>>333315609
>Online Mika
>Silver League Online Mika
phew
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.