[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played a Souls game, only real exposure I've had to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
Never played a Souls game, only real exposure I've had to the series was watching Team Four Star drunkenly stumble their way through Bloodborne, and I just put Dark Souls III on my Gamefly list.

How raped am I gonna get?
>>
As a seasoned soul's player I would say it really isn't what people make it to be. It's not a hard game. If you play smart then you'll be fine. Look for hidden things and don't rush into fights without looking around.

And always remember. STR > DEX
Praise the sun.
>>
Anyone know if it is gonna be another unplayable shitty pc port, or are they making an actual pc version
>>
>>333279184
I've played it and its quite nice on PC, much better than DS1/2 in terms of controls
>>
DUDE PREPARE TO DIE LMAO

hardest game evurrrrrrrr
>>
>>333279184
>another

I don't know what you're saying, DS1 and DS2 were pretty nice on PC.

Supposedly the m+kb controls were ass but how much of a faggot do you have to be to even only take note of that cause I sure didn't
>>
>>333278507

The first few hours are always the toughest, but once you get used to the mechanics it becomes easier and it all mostly comes down to positioning and getting used to enemy attack patterns.

And also not being a retard and YOLOing through dark hallways.
>>
It's more of a psyche thing, the game is pretty atmospheric with the whole "the whole world is dead and you're next" spiel, and then with every attack / dodge / block animation taking up ten minutes, and every hit taking half a life bar (both for you and the enemies), mistakes feel very "pronounced". And before you know it you've made some stupid mistakes, died 5 times in a row and are just about ready to call it a day and ride the "wow hardest game ever" train like so many people.

But just as far as technical abilities required to do good go, it's not that tough. Combat is very simple and once you apply some focus, watch out for all the right wind-up moments and spots to take your hits in, you'll breeze through the game and wonder why you ever considered it tough.

But that's what "hard" games are I guess, with some time you can also breeze through Super Meat Boy or Binding of Isaac or hold up in a Street Fighter match. Video games can only be so hard in order for them to still be feasibly enjoyable. Dark Souls nails a sweet spot, no doubt.
>>
>>333280281
git gud
>>
>>333278507
It isn't as hard as redditors want you to believe. Just don't expect the game to hold your hand and that's it.
>>
>>333278507
Ive clocked 20 hours into dark souls 1 30 into dark souls 2 and i am glad to inform you that this will be the best game evaaarrr and that i hope we get more female benis xDDD
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.