[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
question to MMO players:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1436727765631.jpg (31 KB, 599x347) Image search: [Google]
1436727765631.jpg
31 KB, 599x347
Did you ever stop for one second and consider if there is really a need, in modern MMOs, for any of them to have their first 50 to 100 hours be an incredibly dumb "tutorial", in other words auto-win, alt-tab, tasteless and boring gameplay, with enemies that deal no damage or barely recognize you're there?
>>
>>333276204
Answer this question yourself oh and
"shut the fuck up wwith your modern terms for made up bullshit"
>>
Guild wars Factions was always my favorite since you can do everything and get to max level in like an hour.
>>
In what sense. As in, the early levels where you have next to no skills unlocked or do you mean the actual tutorial?

MMO's shouldn't have an actual tutorial, no. If a player has a question, they should ask another nearby player.
>>
>>333276507
By the time I got to the city I always felt underlevelled or underpowered though...the afflicted were so strong especially since they exploded when they died, and those tight corridors.
>>
MMOs were never about gameplay. It's just an excuse to grind with other people in a made up fantasy land. In that respect, yes, the beginning chunk is required.

If a game is entirely made of padding, what difference does some extra hours of nothing in the beginning make?
>>
>>333276204
Based Dad
>>
File: 1459005186580.jpg (75 KB, 635x960) Image search: [Google]
1459005186580.jpg
75 KB, 635x960
>>333276204
>>
>>333276204
No. Leveling should be difficult, possibly tedious, an experience unto itself. It should fuel your desire to strengthen your character.
>>
File: 1334140883131.jpg (428 KB, 953x761) Image search: [Google]
1334140883131.jpg
428 KB, 953x761
>>333276204

That's a fucking awesome dad. Wish mine had stuck around to see how much of a success I am at VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>333277005
The only word in there that accurately describes leveling up is "tedious". It's nothing but effortless, time consuming bullshit meant to pad gameplay time to make it seem like you're doing shit when you are in fact learning nothing and not getting any stronger.

Fuck off with lame treadmills.
Give me a genuine fucking challenge.
>>
>>333276204
I think mmos should graduate past faux rpg mechanics. more games should try to do something like Planetside (which isn't the greatest game, but at least gives you a fairly unique battlefield).

I think it'd be cool if we'd gotten a Division where the entire city is a Dark Zone. Let people take over buildings and have their own houses in them. Go full with crafting and other UO stuff.

ok bye
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.