[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to get inspired. I need a game with a unique setting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1372752607684.png (34 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1372752607684.png
34 KB, 493x402
I need to get inspired. I need a game with a unique setting to learn about, or an interesting world to explore. I need to write but I've lost the spark.

Post some games like that. If you would, please.
>>
fuck off and die
>>
>>333267275
>someone's trying to talk about video games on /v/! REEEEEEEEEEEE

typical
>>
Far Cry Primal is surprisingly involving, especially with headphones.
>>
Castlevania Symphony of the Night for the PSX
At least it inspires me
>>
>>333267357
no he's asking for recommendations on /v/
>>333267214
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>333267363
I was actually kind of interested in that, but I refuse to give money to Ubisoft, and I haven't gotten around to pirating it yet. Maybe I'll bump it up the list.

>>333267365
Not really the kind of game I was looking for, but good taste anyway, anon.
>>
>>333267357
head on back to re.ddit
>>
>>333267463
you're an idiot and the reason no one but edgy 12 year old failed ledditors browse this board anymore
>>
>>333267489

It's really good I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment. If I was to give another example it would be Tales of Symphonia.
>>
>>333267489
Well if you aren't into giving your money to ubisoft, then buy Zeno Clash.
It's a better concept and a better setting than Primal imo, and it's bat shit insane
>>
myst and riven
>>
>>333267214
Playing DnD or other tabletops that involve roleplaying is a pretty good away of jogging your creativity, I've always liked to think up short stories and when I found myself stuck, I'd look trough the monsters manual that usually help.
>>
The Malgrave Incident on Wii.
>>
>>333267214
undertale
it gives you determination
>>
>>333267214
If anything the art style and level design of Ori and the Blind Forest was enough to get me back into drawing. Then again I'm a huge fan of "metroidvania" type games.
>>
>>333267585
Oh shit, I forgot about Tales of Symphonia. I think I have that around here somewhere. I'll have to play it.

>>333267597
Already played that game, it's great.

>>333267643
I guess I could break those out and play them again, it's been like a decade. Or maybe longer?

>>333267678
Believe it or not, the writing I was referencing in the OP was for a DnD game. I need to finish up work on my setting so I can actually run a game.

>>333267706
I'll look into it, thanks anon.
>>
>>333267754

I haven't played a side scroller sine Yoshi's Island on SNES. Everything else is sub-par and lacklustre to me.
>>
>>333267214
bloodborne
>>
>>333267743
Already played it, but thank you anon. Great game.

>>333267754
>>333267827
I personally loved Ori and the Blind Forest, but I finished it pretty recently. Compare anything to Yoshi's Island and it's going to come up lacking.
>>
>>333267850
Call me back when it's on PC. Only because I can't really afford a PS4 at the moment. I want to play it.
>>
Persona 4.
>>
>>
>>333267214
>explore
NaissanceE

just search walking simulator on steam
>>
Life is Strange on PS4 is fantastic.
>>
>>333268080
no comment on the game but i'm not sure that's what he's looking for
>>
Witcher 3
>>
>>333268556
do I need to have played the previous Witcher games to play 3?
>>
What are you writing about or want to write about? Kind of important.
>>
Drakan: The Order of the Flame. You won't regret it.
>>
>>333268869
It helps if you play the second game as you can move over your 2nd game play to the third game and you'll get different outcomes and such, plus second game is pretty awesome.

Though if you're looking to learn about unique setting/interesting world I do suggest playing all three.

Granted you can still play the third game and still have fun and get what you are wanting.
>>
>>333269042
As I mentioned in a previous post, it's a sci-fi setting. I'm going to end up using it for DnD.
>>
>>333269298
Homeworld
System Shock
Sins of a Solar Empire
Galactic Civilizations
X Rebirth
X-com
Kotor
Dead Space
Ass Effect 1
>>
>>333267815
Welp! You could always try and find some events from other settings and adapt them to yours or have them influence it somehow, for example, i once created a campaign where some of my players' actions helped Mystra find her demise in the forgotten realms setting, which in turn led to the spellplague (both of them canon events, if you aren't familiar with them). one way or the other, godspped with your setting anon and give them hell for me!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.