[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which bosses were hard for you and took you multiple tries? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 20
File: maxresdefault.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Which bosses were hard for you and took you multiple tries? And bosses you managed to take down fairly easily compared to their reputation?

>Gascoigne
around 10 tries
>Blood-Starved Beast
around 20 tries
>Lady Maria
around 50 tries (I don't know why I had so much trouble with her)

Easy bosses for me:

>Shadow of Yharnam
1 try
>Martyr Logarius
5 tries
>One Reborn
1 try
>Ludwig
2 tries
>Orphan of Kos
8 tries
>>
>>333265361
The skelington one
>>
Orphan of Kos is the only one I got stuck on. Like, 20+ attempts. Dunno why he gave me so much trouble.

Don't even know what I did differently when I won. Seemed random.
>>
>>333265361
Every time I play through with a new character BsB always gives me trouble
>>
Vicar Amelia 1 try
Rom about 3 tries
Blood starved beast about 3 tries
One reborn 1 try
Witch 1 try
Shadows of Yharnam 3 try
Cleric beast 6 tries
Paarl 3 tries
Gascoigne about 8 tries
Logarius about 60 tries he really raped me
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>gascoigne - 4
>blood-starved beast- 2
>shadow of yharnham- 5

>cunt pic related - 25
>>
The only bosses that gave me trouble were the Defiled Chalice bosses. Fuck that dungeon.
>>
>>333265768

I went into my first chalice the other day (the one you get after BSB) and Jesus Christ fuck that. I must've died fifteen times against the Undead Giant before I killed him. Apparently I was hideously underlevelled for it, since my transformed Kirkhammer+3 swings were only doing 80 damage a hit whereas he could take off 70% of my health with every hit. And the tracking on his attacks is insane, his thrusts are nearly undodgeable since he just rotates mid-thrust to catch whatever direction you rolled in. And I've heard horror stories about how the later chalices have shit like bosses with scripted one-shot kills and so on. Whatever loot's in those chalices, it isn't worth it. Fuck right off with that, Miyazaki.
>>
The chain version of the Undead Giant killed me a lot because I'd get impatient in whittling down its health bar.
>>
>>333266142
>later chalices have shit like bosses with scripted one-shot kills and so on
Defiled Chalice lowers your HP by half and all enemies hit like a truck, so yes, it's quite easy to get one-shotted there.
>>
The ones that took me ages to kill were.

> Cleric Beast
About 4-5 tries, it was my first "Souls" game, so I sucked.
> BSB
I got Gascoigne pretty easily but this asshole stumped me for ages, probably about 7-8 attempts.
> Rom
It's such an easy fight in retrospect but I just couldn't avoid the ice meteors at all. 8+ attempts.
> Logarius
I was just plain bad at this fight, took me about 4-5 goes to learn how to avoid the arcane attacks, once he got to second phase I did it first try.
> Eribritas
Bullshit charge attack got me so many times. At least 10 attempts.
> Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran
I just can't fight him, no matter what I do I just get punched into oblivion. I legit couldn't do it (barely even making a dent in his health) until I learned of Poison knife cheese.
> Defiled Amyacdala
Litterally 35 attempts, was losing the will to play. Eventually got good and did it without getting hit.
> Laurence
15-20ish attempts, fuck this guy.

The ones that were surprisingly easy.

> Vicar Amelia
I don't know how people have trouble with her, the first time I ever died to her was my BL4 run.
> Shadows of Yharnan
This boss can get hard if you fuck up, but I accidently did the easiest stragedy on my first playthrough and first tried it with 100k Echo's on me (it really doesn't look like a Boss room).
> Ludwig
So many people had trouble with him, I guess that's because people were fighting him for the first time on NG+3 and stuff, but he never gave me much trouble. Only 2 attempts first playthrough.
> Orphan
Again, he was hard, but not THAT hard. Took me 3-4 tries to learn his moveset. But some people act as if he is nearly impossible.
> Defiled Hotdog
I summoned the NPC and he basically solo'd the fight. First attempt. Queen Killer is an absolute bro.
>>
>>333266142
Man if you are having trouble with the first chalice dungeons, you can't even imagine about what's coming next.
Chalice dungeons especially the last ones are the biggest challenge i've ever seen in a souls game.
>>
BSB was the first wall I ran into
Today I have no problems

Rom was fucking huge challenge
but today I beat him fiest try every time

Then there's the orphan. I fought him so much that I know his every move by heart.

Lufwid can be tough is yout build isnt optimal

>inb4 that kid that claims he beat the game without dying
>>
>>333265361
Gascoigne probably around 15-20 tries. Easily the hardest boss in the game.

Second hardest was Ebrietas for me. Five tries.

Killed Ludwig first try, took four tries on new game+

Orphan was second try
>>
only BSB, 3 tries

that was literally the high point of the game, it was exciting as hell and got me pumped for more, but little did i know that was actually the most exciting thing i would experience in the game, besides maybe fighting moon presence with no health, but that was pretty short

sigh
>>
File: 1457913374319.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457913374319.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>333265730

Fuck that guy

>Infinite bullets
>Is a sponge
>bullets deal 1/3rd of your hp damage or more
>Spams the shit out of it.
>>
Paarl is always kind of hard for me. I have to re-learn him every playthrough, and I don't know why. It takes me like, an hour and a half and by the end of it I can kill him without taking a hit. As soon as he's dead, all that knowledge goes right out the fuckin' door.

Other than that, none of the bosses really pose a consistent problem. 4 or so tries and I've got 'em.
>>
>>333266619
Are you me ?
> Abhorrent Beast in Ailing Loran
I died about 20 times as well until i figured out the pattern. Did you beat the one in the lower loran ?
>>
Are you all plaing the japanese version or did it leak somewhere?
>>
Rom, the witches, cleric beast and the one reborn all took me one try

The shadows, gascoine, and ebrietas all raped me repeatedly, but none moreso than that fucking hunter at the end of Eileen's quest. He's the real hardest boss in the game.
>>
>>333265483
OK so take a pungent blood cocktail and throw that against one of the corners where he starts. Equip fire paper and a beast bloodpellet.

Do a couple of transformation attacks then throw another cocktail. once he does the final phase scream do a charge attack on his back and backstab him. BSB done in 15 seconds.
>>
>>333266959
Forgot celestial emissary for the one try list, but really, how can you fuck that one up
>>
>>333265483
dodge to the left.
>>
File: teyjeje.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
teyjeje.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
nearly 100 tries as a kid, i started screaming and tried tearing my shirt off when I finally beat him
>>
LUDWIG REEEEEE

>everyone beating all the bosses in a handful of tries
>Tfw ARC build but I didn't use the right weapons most of the game and died so many times
>>
>>333265361
Master Logarius was the first boss to take me more than three tries and in the end took even more tries than Ebrietas. If we include chalice bosses I don't even know anymore because some of them were just a huge bitch to fight to the point it did not stand out if I needed more tries.
>>
Orphan of Kos. Only boss that took more than 2 attempts. Probably the hardest boss I've ever fought in Souls/BB.
I did it recently using parries (never parry bosses first time because I like dodging shit and getting good in that way), and it was certainly easier. I was at a much higher level too, though (BL 90).
>>
Church crow and well giants are the worst
>>
>>333265361

So first playthrough no spoilers no videos no nothing. Took me 45hours for the whole thing + dlc.

First boss, around 7tries. Gascoigne around 7 tries. Hemwick zone + witches 0 death on the entire thing. Old yarnham entire zone + bloodstarved beast 0deaths. Still don't know how i did it. Vicar amelia after that took me a lot of tries, maybe 12. Can't remember much about the rest, mostly first try or a couple at best. Wet nurse was 2tries, the pussy monster in the clocktower was first try. Final boss took me about 5 in regular form and 2 in bloodmoon form (i run a bloodtinge build with the chikage, he did that attack that gets you to 1hp when i had my sword in bloodform, retarded death there).

For the DLC, Ludwig took me a good 15, the stupid ayylmao's I killed first try, Maria took me like 6, first time i got to p2 and p3 i killed her. Orphan took me an entire night, maybe 25, 30tries? Fire dog maybe 10.

Amazing game overall!
>>
File: 1417840262655.jpg (91 KB, 500x471) Image search: [Google]
1417840262655.jpg
91 KB, 500x471
>>333265361
CRF HMPH took me 4 hours to beat.
>>
>>333266910
+ has blood vials
>you have to get him to trick his weapon then run out of the cathedral and watch him kill himself
>>
What was everyones level going into the dlc?
>>
>>333268123
I usually would start after Amelia. Maybe around 40?
>>
>>333268123
80 ish I was about to fight gehrman
>>
>>333265361
The Witches were the easiest thing for me to kill at the start.

But then every other character I made after I had to fight them at least three times, and I have no idea why.
>>
File: muh.jpg (56 KB, 446x578) Image search: [Google]
muh.jpg
56 KB, 446x578
>>333268029
>that doesn't work anymore
>>
5 deaths on Laurence
12 deaths on Orphan
At least 50 deaths on that fucking elevator in Mensis
>>
>>333265361
No boss in this game took me more than 1-10 tries except for Ludwig.

I think Ludwig took me 25~ tries. Easily the hardest.
>>
>>333268808
He won't die, but you can take out half his health by repeatedly triggering his weapon then leaving the cathedral
> I did it today
>>
Logarius was my fucking bane. For some reason, when he went super saiyan, I would always get him down to about 20% health left and he'd somehow get me with a bomb from behind and a jump attack at the same time. When I finally managed to beat him, I had to take a break from the game for a couple days.
>>
Gascoigne 5 deaths using clever spear

BSB too many deaths was using ax

Gehrman 5 deaths used blades of mercy no parry attack

Rest of the bosses at least 1-3 deaths never played the DLC.
>>
>>Bought the game day 1
>>Still stuck on the blood starved beast becouse fuck that
I should really get good
>>
Still on my first playthrough.
Got stuck for forever on Logarius until I looked up something for the game yesterday and found out I could make progress elsewhere since CAINHURST WAS OPTIONAL

god dammit

So I still haven't beaten him.
I went and grinded some vials in Central Yharnam and who should I see but Amygdala - who I killed rather easily in the Nightmare Frontier - just casually clinging to the church in which everyone I'd "saved" was chilling in.

They're going to die huh?
>>
>>333265361
Orphan of Kos was the only boss that fucked raped me. Must have been over 40 tries
>>
>>333268808
>That doesn't work any more.

I've killed him the same way since I got the game, aggro him, back up to the stairs, throw poison blades at him, watch as he starts to back up the stairs, aggro him again, and just watch him die from the poison and his own weapon
>>
File: sonycucks will defend this.webm (329 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sonycucks will defend this.webm
329 KB, 600x338
>>
>>333265361
Phase one of Ludwig will kill me dozens of times but I can do phase 2 with my eyes closed.
>>
>vicar amelia

Stopped counting, quit the game for weeks and came back only to fail again, summons beat the boss for me. Came back for her at ng+ thinking she'd wreck me again, beat her on first try.

>daughet of cosmos

About ten tries and I was able to win, an annoying boss that I¨m not coming back for at any run

>bsb, witches, celestial emissary

Got them on my first try. The other bosses took 2-5 tries, I guess I'd have beaten Cleric beast on my first try if I ever played a souls game before. Doesn't include DLC bosses or the ones from the hardest chalice dungeons, I'm just about to get at them
>>
File: Ah__Cruise__or_some_say_Cruisem.jpg (225 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Ah__Cruise__or_some_say_Cruisem.jpg
225 KB, 800x533
>Hard
Darkbeast paarl 10 tries
Ebrietas was 8 tries
Gacoigne was 6
Rom 5 tries
Amygdala 5 tries
Gehrman 4 tries
Moon prescense was 3 tries and i got jewed out of the souls because we killed each other at the same time

>Easy
Everyone else pretty much. I beat all the other bosses in 3 tries or less.
I killed Amelia, Logarius, Hemwick Witch, One Reborn, Micolash, Cleric Beast all in one try.

Havent played the DLC yet, probably wont simply because Im Bloodborned out
>>
>Gascan
5-10
>BSB
first try, no idea how people have an issue with it, I still sit there helping others get through it, theres an alarming amount of people passing through this particular part of the game, I thought the game was dead, I still get summons there to this day
>Amelia
about 5. Kept doing the heal and I had none of those mist things to stop it
>Rom
second attempt
>logarius
first try, again, was scratching my head over people dying to him so much, to this day I still cant see how people had a problem with this boss out of all the bosses. Someone explain what did them in each time
>ludwig
10+
>lady maria
second attempt
>orphan of Kos
third attempt
Cainhurst hunter in the cathedral
10+, fuck that edgy cunt I refuse to use exploits simply to win, its one of the hardest fights in the game and its a fucking nomark
>>
>>333265361
None of the mainline bosses gave me trouble, only needed a few tries on Gehrman.

Defiled chalice's were it starts to get challenging.
>Defiled watchdogs
10+. Really had fun dodging it's horizontal swipes when you've figured it out.
>Defiled Amygdala
10+.

Got rekt by Old Hunter's bosses, mainly cause started the dlc at NG+++ & got rusty for not playing for a while.
>Ludwig
Stuck at him for 2 hours.
>Laurence
Lost count, stuck for 1 day plus, felt so fucking good after beating him.
>Orphan
2 tries, Laurence schooled me at getting gud.
>>
File: BrainSucker.jpg (117 KB, 550x599) Image search: [Google]
BrainSucker.jpg
117 KB, 550x599
>>333265361
Gascoine: Roughly 10
Blood-Starved Beast: About 20
Ludwig: Still trying

Vicar Amelia: Second try
Witches: Second try
Cleric Beast: Second try
Darkbeast Paarl: Fifth try
Shadows of Yharnam: First try
Martyr Logarious: First try
One Reborn: Second try
Kos/Kosm faggot: Second Try
Rom: Third try
Ebrietas: Fourth try
King of the ayys: First try (duh)
Amygdala: Second try
Soggy Nurse: About Sixth try, fuck that cheap ass doppelganger

Pic related is worst of all though
>>
>>333271778
I find it weird people are having trouble with the cainhurst hunter when the gattling faggot in the cave's way harder.
>>
>>333272129
Where is this? I dont recall.
>>
only ones that I remember annoying me were chalice dungeon rom, chalice dungeon dog of fire and ng+ ebrietas. everyone else was 2 tries max.
>>
I beat most bosses reasonably quickly. I beat bosses like cleric beast, father gascoigne and bloodstarved beast first try. And while I died to almost every other boss, max retries that it took me to beat them was like 5. With a couple exceptions.

It took me 10+ tries to beat Amygdala. Always died in it's third phase. Ebrietas also took me about 10 tries. And Ludwig from the expansion took me a whopping 20+ tries. Bless that deformed horse monster, bless it.
>>
>>333272285
It's in the cave where you find Amygdala's arm, also where you encounter BSB as a normal mob.
>>
>>333265361
Orphan of Kos for sure, 20-30 tries
http://youtu.be/If_R3uKaKKc
>>
I havent finished it yet but

>Gascoigne
3 tries
>BsB
1 try
>Cleric beast
1 try
>Vicar amelia
1 try
>witch
1 try
>paarl
2 tries
>Rem
4 tries
>Shadow
2 tries
Honorable mention to that bitch at Iosefkas which took me 7 tries

I'm currently at lost village right after the red moon of Rem.
>>
File: shark bros.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shark bros.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>333271863
And I forgot about these guys, if only I knew they were parry-able.
>>
>>333272742
Loser
just play games that cater to your disability lying piece of shit
>>
>>333265361
>Gascoigne
>10 tries
What the fuck? Shoot your gun.
>>
>>333265361
Ludwig, Shadows of Yharnam, Rom, Orpan of Kosm
>>
File: 1454782182972.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454782182972.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>333270241
>fire paper
>pungent blood cocktails
>>
>>333272981
How bad are you at the game if that list makes you think he's lying?
>>
File: 1394670110185.png (411 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
1394670110185.png
411 KB, 500x417
>>333273030
It was early in the game, when you were afraid to take damage by mistiming and spending a finite resource.
>>
>>333272981
Why am I lying?
>>
>>333273185
>anything other than parry for BsB
That shit has more openings than a stadium.
>>
File: 1455492387306.gif (350 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1455492387306.gif
350 KB, 500x282
>>333273185

>Using items in Souls games

I bet you use Holy Water in DMC too, you big baby.
>>
>>333272981
>lists easy bosses
>lying
>>
>>333273207
You can easily buy them by farming a couple of mobs. This must be your first Soulsborne, I guess.
>>
I dont understand how people die to logarius hes the easiest boss to parry, Gehrman was also too easy to parry.
>>
>>333273202
>>333273236

Best pve streamers, with over 5k hours in all the souls series, die continuously to variety of bosses in bloodborne. This anon playing the game for the first time, only dies once, ONCE to every boss. You think I am retarded? I am here to discuss video games and not to compare my dick lenght and now fuck off, no more spotlight for you, you fucking abortion.
>>
>>333273646
Yeah, I actually do think you're retarded. Not only a retard, but a retard who's bad at games.
>>
>>333273646
You realize that being a streamer does not mean you're godlike at the game right? The bosses he listed are all easy enough on NG that they are beatable within 1-3 tries. I died twice to pretty much every boss besides Ludwig, which was like five times. If it's not your first Soulsborne it's pretty achievable.
>>
>>333273762
Has nothing to do with my fucking statement you untermensch, take your lying ass and fuck off to the orbit where I dont have to write to people like you.

>>333273768
you realize that games like dark souls etc are fucking trial and error? Nobody beats bosses in just one or two tries. Streamers, especially speed runnners like eljaj and lobosjr died countless time without practice. And now this special snowflake comes around and tells ME he dies only once to around 7 bosses. WHAT FUCKING BOARD IS THIS
>>
bosses beaten on first try
>Gascoigne
>Shadow of Yharnam
>Maria
>Orphan of Kos
>Rom
>Witch of Hemwick
>Moon Presence
>Ebrietas or whatever the spelling was
>Micolash
>One Reborn
>Mergo's Wet Nurse

minor annoyances that took a few tries
>Laurence
>Living Failures
>Amygdala
>Bloodstarved Beast
>Gehrman
>Logarius
>Vicar Amelia

just fuck my shit up pal
>Ludwig
>Amygdala (defiled chalice version)
>>
>>333273646
It is my first time playing BB but not my first souls game. I have clocked over 200 hours on DaS and 20 on DaS2 it sucks so I'm familiar with the mechanics
>>
>>333273592
I remember on my second run I ran out of bullets because I never reset the map and went back and forth, I ran straight to Gascoigne and picked up next to nothing on the way, so when I died I had to run through it all again with nothing this time, I imagine this is what happened to alot of people, they didnt keep going back to lanterns and resetting to farm enemies, this is lame though, dont go out of your way to grind, grinding-especially in games like this-is fucking gay.
>>
>>333265361
Orphan of Kos, or some say Kosm. like 10 tries or more. ludwig took a few tries too. I fought Pearl early on so she was a bitch.

Lady maria is so parryable its a shame. even when i ran out of bullets though she wasnt hard.

What I truly dont understand though is peoples trouble with BsB. I have never died to it a single time in any of my play throughs.
>>
>>333273985
You asked "you think I am retarded?" and I humbly answered your question. Yes, you are.
>>
>>333274178
you havent even played the game. 200 h is fucking dirt. you are lying or a natural talent and in most cases its the later. enjoy your circle jerk pathetic loser
>>
>>333274352
the answer is yes i think you are
not yes you are
furthermore i dont think your opinion has any weight so why not just killing yourself?
>>
>>333274534
Y'know, I wonder the same exact thing about you. Funny, isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>333265361
OP you're a shit cunt please get eaten by a great one
>>
That cunt chain undead giant, fuck that spin attack holy shit.

>Fight him patiently, slowly chipping away it's hp
>Get hit ONCE by le epic spin attak of le one shot
>YOU DIED
>say fuck it, go full ham
>get on it's face and never get aeay from it
>fucking destroy it in 1 minute

Same thing for Ludwig and Laurence, BB is so different from the other games, fuck.
>>
The only one that took more than 5 tries was defiled hotdog.
Holy fuck it was royal rat dog all over again.
>>
>>333274686
you think thats eloquent, smart and funny, your really do haha you are an even bigger loser than those faggots who lie on the internet.
I hope the world population will be reduced really fucking soon and you with it.
>>
>>333274796
I don't, I just enjoy making retards mad in the Internet. It's working wonders.
>>
>>333274964
"In the Internet"
Good English noob
>>
>>333275056
Thanks, mate.
>>
>>333274964
>>333275098
>>333275056

I have nothing to add. You ARE a loser. Have fun existing or whatever vermins like you call it
>>
Headless bloodletting beast was an absolute bastard, convinced me to finally put points in vit.
>>
First time through DLC at appropriate levels (85)
>Ludwig
2 tries
>Living Failures
1 try
>Lady Maria
1 try
>Orphan
1 try

Second time through with low level (level 40)
>Ludwig
10 tries
>Living Failures
1 try
>Lady Maria
Probably around 50 to 60 tries
>>
>>333265361
I initially thought Lady Maria was going to be a huge problem the first time I fought her. Turned out to be piss easy.

Now the SoK turned out to be a real hard fight. Quick counters and he's a spaz.
>>
>>333265361
My first run I beat Cleric Beast my first try, mostly because I learned the flow of the game pretty quickly. Then I got to Gascoigne and he completely fucked my shit up because of how different he was from every other enemy before him.

I'd say the boss I had the most trouble with was BSB because of his fucking poison
>>
File: 1377056500906.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1377056500906.gif
2 MB, 400x350
>>333265361
i'm getting my shit wrecked by lady maria. trying to cheese her with augur of ebrietas but once she gets to her last phase she just kicks my ass.

guess that's what i get for starting the DLC on NG+5

shadows of yhmarnam were easy for me. also beat ebrietas first try.
>>
>prhumerian queen yharnam - 1 try
>german - 1
>loran Darkbeast - 3
>moon presence - 10
>logarius - over 50
>defiled watchdog - over 80
Dog just oneshoted me with EVERY attack, I've never been so pissed in souls games.

>>333265730
Funny enough, on my first playthrough this dude raped me in all ways possible, probably took me about 20 tries to beat him (half-cheesed with poison knifes)
But on all my other playthroughs he was piece of cake. Actually slaughtered him on my first try with underlevel chikage build
>>
>>333276487
Most people have easy/hard times depending entirely on what weapon they are using and what that players is more skilled with. For instance I just cant get use to the fucking range or the BoM, literally cannot stand constantly dodging and being just out of range because the enemy moves a little, but other peopel swear by this weapon and say its easy mode. Hunters Axe is the universal easy option though, theres no denying that.
>>
>>333273646
holy shit, my list is 95% as accurate as his, if you really think he's lying you're fuckin bad
>>
I never understood why people had trouble with Orphan. I beat him on my first or second try.

He's fast, but his attacks swing wild and have extremely forgiving hitboxes. He seemed really easy to be honest.
>>
>>333265361
>Vicar Amelia
Around 5-10 tries I think since I found it difficult getting used to her large swipes. She was probably my gitgud boss thinking about it. I was spoiled on her healing ability so I was never caught offguard by it. BSB was also a lesson in learning to hug the fucking enemy thinking about it.

>Rom
I don't remember the count, but a bunch. Might be the only boss I took more than ten tries on. It was only until much fucking later watching other people fight her that I realized she never uses her meteor attack if you stay close to her.

I don't think I took more than ten tries on any boss in the game besides Rom actually and most were in the 1-5 range. Though I think that was partially because I was willing to be completely cheesy in a lot of fights. I always shot off four shots of the cannon every boss battle after I got it. Gascoigne I believe I beat second try by abusing the drop on top of the stairs. Run up stairs, drop down to shed, time R2 charge in his face when he drops down, repeat.

I breezed through the DLC, but that's because I became less stupid and decided to finally pump my Vit after kind of being middling on it the entire game. Having 49 Vit makes such a fucking huge difference it isn't funny. Also makes being summoned much much more survivable. Laurence was the only boss that gave me real trouble. Ludwig I felt became easier in his second phase as the sword attacks are way easier to read. His sword wave attack caught and killed me once, but simply going behind him made that attack a free opportunity to wail on him. Orphan of Kos was similar, I think I beat him second try, first try died to lightning attack as I was standing on Kos corpse.
>>
>>333265361
Ludwig took me a while to learn his first form. About 10 deaths. The first time I got to his second form I immediately won. Did the same on my 2nd character. Laurence also got me a few times but the same thing happened with him where once I got to his 2nd phase I won that time. Beat him first try on 2nd character.

Otherwise most bosses outside of chalices were pretty easy and I won within 3 tries. For chalice bosses the bloodletting beast was definitely my worst fight. I had to summon help for that one. Headless version was significantly easier. Hotdog in cursed pthumu was also rough until I stopped being greedy. Yharnam only took 2 tries.
>>
>>333276796
True that, I felt the difference going from dex+btg chikage\bom build to str\arc kirkhammer\wheel, it changes the difficulty of enemies dramatically
But for me personally, max bloodtinge + lost chikage is easymode, as you deal so fucking much dps it's just ridicilous
>>
>>333265730
Crowsteel is a cheating piece of shit.
>>
First playthrough at the moment, just got to Rom. She's pretty sketchy.

Only had about 3/4 attempts so far, but keep getting 1-hit killed by her ice when she's down to 10% health.

Just realized I might have missed stuff in the spoopy Forrest though so probably gonna bail on the spider for a bit.
>>
>>333273439
consumables are meant to be used right? or do you play without any items and controller half way up your ass because any other way is 'casual'
>>
SO I'm trying to do the Eileen quest line and she is chilling outside the cathedral ward saying don't go down to the tombs. When does she go down there? How do I trigger it to happen or can I kill the hunter in the tombs without her being there?
>>
>>333277528
she wont move, you need to kill the hunter
>>
>>333265361

in dark souls 2 i beat basically every boss except the ruin sentinels in 2 or 3 tries solo. Bloodborne basically every boss except Maria and Celestial Emissary took me 10+ tries, and on several of the large beast enemies I just gave up and summoned because I wanted to get on with the game.

Logarius was an extremely satisfying experience for me, very fun trying him over and over and getting a little better each time.

Ludwig was the opposite because I'd feel like it was random chance whether I'd get to his second phase or not.

Also is it a meme that people say they had trouble with maria?
>>
>>333277528
She should join in fighting Henryk if she gave you the quest. Maybe just kill him and hope she appears?
>>
>>333277483
Just pack some arcane resists, and take it slow, methodically eliminating spiders and pinching her here and there. On first playthrough you objectively won't be able to zerg her before she tps, so that's your best tactics
Also, what you packing?
>>
>>333277761
This is my firs (proper) attempt at a SoulsBorne game so it's probably not very good.

I'm a skill build so I use the Saw Spear for it's crazy fast transformation and the Threaded Cane for crowd control and long range poking. I've got a mishmash of different armour but I think it's mainly the Black Church set. I've taken a Caryl rune that counters it's low Frenzy res.Other runes are visceral attacks regain health and one I can't remember.
>>
>>333277528
Go back down to where you fought Gascoigne.
>>
File: 1426344561794.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1426344561794.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>333265361
>Cleric Beast
about 5 tries
>Gascoigne
about 6 tries
>BSB
2 tries
>Amelia
3 tries
>Witch
1 try
>Shadow of Yharnam
1 try
>Rom
2 tries

Thats all Ive done so far, but just got to Logarius and he seems like a huge nigger. He just stands back and spams his magic that hits like a truck, and by the time I got him to his second phase I was out of vials
>>
>>333265361
The only boss that gave me trouble was blood starved beast.
That anti melee is real.
>>
File: KfucOsR.jpg (13 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.jpg
13 KB, 480x270
>>333278434
cleric beast 5 tries but shadow of yharnam 1?
>>
>>333265361
>Main Game
everything in either 1-2 tries.
>Chalice Dungeons
6 for defiled dog, 8 for defiled amy.
>DLC
Ludwig - 5
Failures - 2
Maria - 3
Laurence - 8
Orphan - 12
>>
File: micolash_boss.jpg (15 KB, 441x248) Image search: [Google]
micolash_boss.jpg
15 KB, 441x248
This nigga was fucking retarded
>>
>>333278552
I kept getting stuck when trying to roll since you fight cleric beast on a cluttered bridge. Shadow of Yharnam almost killed me though, once I killed the first shadow and the katana wielding one could suddenly poke me from 10 feet away
>>
>>333278161
Yep, skill spear+cane is solid, you're doing fine.
It's just that you can actually zerg Rom being underlevel str axe if you time your two-handed-mode charged attack correctly. Nevermind that

Have fun with amygdala though
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>333278552
cleric beast is a sorta casual filter t.b.h.
>>
>>333278552
To be fair, cleric beast is as the start of the game, when youre still figuring the game out. Its a casual filter, it weeds out those not willing to learn the game after it smacks them about.
>>
cleric beast-2 tries
gascoign-1 try
bsb-2 tries
vicar amelia-2 tries
witches-1 try
ebreitas-50 tries
>>
>>333278732
2hand axe
r2 r2 r2 r2
he's dead
>>
>>333277494

There there anon, nobody will judge you. It's okay to be awful at games.
>>
Hardest: Rom and Chalice Rom.

I have an easy time dealing with spiders and his AOE attack but fuck me with a rusty drill i cannot stand his random ass meteor attack.

Easiest: Mergo's Wet Nurse

Only fought it once, really pin it down to luck.
>>
I died to BSB a few times before remembering the fire paper Alfred gave me.

Ludwig took me about 4 tries, mainly because he kept splatting me with that fucking jump attack.

Maria fucked me up a lot, I think it took my 8 tries to get used to her second form.

Kos took me about 5 times and even then, I had to cheese his second form with the Bowblade.

Don't get me started on the chalice bosses, they're just pure bullshit.
>>
>>333265361

I had trouble with rom and martyr logarius. Logarius was a pain in the ass but it was a super fun boss fight

I found gehrman to be surprisingly easy, or maybe i had already gotten gud by that point in the game
>>
>>333279018
B-but chalice rom is easier because you can just chill behind pillars when she meteors you mane
I literally killed her on 2nd try a minute ago (lvl80 chikage+10). Easy peasy
>>
The bloody crow of cainhurst has given me more trouble than any boss (hes the dude where vicar used to be)
>>
One Reborn, BSB and Orphan of Kos were literally the easiest bosses in the game.
That said, I was extremely overleveled.
>>
>>333265361
I had a hard time at the beginning of the game, like dying 50 times on cleric beast and amelia. End game I ended up beating everything in one try except Ebritas
>>
>>333265361
Note this is my first souls game, and I didn't buy the dlc...though I'm definitely going through that in my next play through.

Hardest
>Rom, 10 tries
>The 2 hunters in Hypogean Gaol in Yahar'gul (not bosses I know), 15-20 tries.
>Gascoigne, 7 tries
>Micolash, 8 tries

Easiest Bosses:
>Cleric Beast, 1 try
>Mergo's wet nurse, 1 try
>Amygdala, 1 try
>Celestial Emissary, 1 try
>One Reborn, 2 tries
>>
>>333278957
Wasn't so easy when you go dex
>>
Not finished yet but
Cleric Beast - 2nd try
Gascoigne - 5th try
Bloodstarved Beast - 20th try
Vicar Amelia - 3rd try
Witches of Hemwick - 1st try
Shadow of Yharnam - 1st try
Rom - 1st try
Amygdala - 5th try
The One Reborn - 4th try
Martyr Logarius - 3rd try
>>
>>333278732
>This nigga was fucking retarded
t.beastly idiot
>>
Still have yet to beat the game. Just bought a PS4 two weeks ago.
Recently defeated One Reborn. Made it to the lantern at the bottom of the lift in the building fu of non hostile negroids.

Cleric Beast - this was my first souls game, so this was relatively challenging. I cleared all of yharnam up to the werewolves/giant and crows, kept going in and getting rolled. Found a note after my fifth or so attempt mentioning the use of fire so I farmed molotovs from the town and literally threw 14 or 15 of them then let the summon from the fountain take aggro while I whittled the last of its HP. 6 or so attempts. It wasn't until after this fight that I figured out how to return to Hunters Dream with my echoes.

Gasciogne - 1 attempt. Had about 55000 blood on me and wasn't entirely aware as to how I made it to him, so I outright refused to give it up. Constant dodging, waiting for perfect opportunities to swing, when he turned beastmode, wailed on him relentlessly and dropped him before he could attack.

BSB - took seven attempts. Fire paper and antidotes galore.

Vicar Amelia - 1 attempt. Hideously easy compared to the surrounding mobs

Witch - 1 attempt, but very tedious and took me about ten minutes of killing the spawned mobs to notice the invisible witch/witches.

Rom - 9 attempts. Kept trying to clear every add. When I figured out he was weak to electricity (used a shock paper fifth attempt), grabbed the shock weapon from Hunters Dream. After that it was just figuring out his cues.

Three hunters in the forest - 1 attempt. Again, 149K blood. Refused to die and wasn't certain as to how I made it there, so wouldn't find my way back. Dodging, healing, used nearly all of my combatant items.

The One Reborn - the fight wasn't tough but I was usually almost out of vials when I got there. Took me thirty+ runs post-cathedral to figure out where the second bell maiden was hiding and empowering the mobs. First point I considered putting the game down for some time.
>>
>>333277494
You sound like the kind of guy who wears full havels and poise tanks every boss in DaS
>hurr this crutch for mentally disabled people is programmed into the game, so i must use it
>>
>>333273985
>trial and error
Only if you're bad. I literally died to bosses like ten times in the entirety of Dark Souls, and five of those were on the Bed of Chaos. The game has everything to do with skill and nothing to do with trial and error if you have played previous installments.
>>
>>333274240
>grinding in games like this is fucking gay
Says the person who dies 20+ times on a boss. That just means you are bad. Grinding for necessary resources such as QS or BV is not gay, it's something you'd do if you're not retarded.
>>
>>333276796
>Tfw mained Rifle Spear without knowing it was the scrub weapon
It's not my fault. They just ran into me. Even Crowsteel.
>>
>I had a Crowsteel build down to armor pieces before I even met or heard about him
Our inner darkness must have resonated.
>>
>>333277494
Git gud u casul
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.