[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dude what if we increase fall damage and make it necessary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: dude difficulty lmao.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
dude difficulty lmao.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
>dude what if we increase fall damage and make it necessary and unavoidable if you want to progress through these areas of the level?
>dude difficulty lmao!!

>dude let's put damage-sponge npc invaders with infinite magic spell usage who are also somehow heavy melee hitters all over the game
>duuuude difficulty lmaooo!!

>dude what if instead of fighting one boss, you do fight several at the same time with the same moveset as the several previous bosses??
>DIFFICULTY L M A O xD
>>
>>333248018
>Forced, unavoidable fall damage

Nito and Stray Demon say hello.
>>
>>333248018
Get good you fucking child.
>>
>>333248680
>base game is boring and unfun
>add payed dlc that makes the game somehow even more tedious

There's literally nothing even remotely skillful about anything you do to get around these things. This shit is garbage and does nothing to improve the game whatsoever. And the fact that I have to replay the entire game just to get to the new areas is wearing my patience.
>>
File: 1409177441945.jpg (178 KB, 429x366) Image search: [Google]
1409177441945.jpg
178 KB, 429x366
>its a shiter trying to shitpost on 4chan episode
>>
>>333249165
>getting around these things in the first place
GET

GOOD
>>
>point out bad design
>b-but you're just bad at it!!
>>
>>333249669
Dark Souls fans truly are the worst kinds of people
>>
>>333248018
>waah gaem too hard
k
>>
>>333249225
I wish she would come back
>>
>>333249669
You can't even tell what bad design is and why it's bad properly without going back to the difficulty. Why should I think that the concern is anything more than you being trash at the game?
>>
The worst part is how many of the Black Phantoms just straight up cheat and have infinite Stamina and the ability to cancel animations. the Greatsword phantom in front of the Chariot boss in NG+ is especially bad, it reads your inputs, animation cancels, has infinite stamina and absurd amounts of tracking. And it respawns.
>>
Real talk though I'm going back to platinum SOTFS before dark souls 3 and i just beat the dlc areas. Why did I keep hearing the dlc areas were some crazy great thing that redeemed DaS2? Sunken King was absolutely awful besides the final boss and the other 2 were merely ok. Nowhere near as good as old hunters was.
>>
>>333250282
It doesn't respawn. And it's there even on NG.
>>
>>333250282
u havent played the game
>>
>>333250330
>Sunken King was absolutely awful
>Nowhere near as good as old hunters was.
I take it you don't like exploration?
>>
>>333250237
>I don't know what your problem is bro I got past Royal Rat Authority on my first try!
>>
>>333250368
It doesn't one shot you when you have <20 vit on NG though.
>>
File: bbbbbb.jpg (62 KB, 600x692) Image search: [Google]
bbbbbb.jpg
62 KB, 600x692
>>333248592
>>
>>333248018
The game was pretty easy, but what the fuck was up with the hitboxes and the way enemies headtracked you.
>>
>>333250330
Because it's true. Each one of the areas was very well designed, had interesting twists on the pretty stale Souls formula, had some great art direction and was very consistent. No clue about Old Hunters but compared to Artorias DLC it's far more enjoyable outside of bosses.
>>
>>333248592
But nito is piss easy even with that so It doesn't really punish you.
>>
>>333250435
Exploration is fine. An entire area devoted to falling down to get the the final bosses isn't what i'd call exploration.
>>
>>333248018
Are ya not havin' any fun, kiddo?
>>
>>333248018
Thats what happens when bandai namco try to capitalize on the 'dude prepare to die lmao' meme
>>
>>333250576
How is it not? You're looking at the area and checking for safe routes down. It's especially good if you keep dying at Nashndra 2.0 because you eventually start developing quicker routes, making your trip back more convenient and rewarding. Compared to how your run back to the boss is handled the rest of the time in DS1 or 2 it's pretty damn good. The thing that ISN'T good is the shitty fucking elevator ride before the area.
>>
When the first Dark Souls came to PC people acknowledged that you get through the game by paying attention to your surroundings, used what you observed to go into a fight prepared and played defensively until you knew where openings existed to be exploited. Sometimes this meant getting your ass handed to you once or twice to learn attack patterns and come prepared with the right items.

I swear half the people playing Dark Souls 2 came into it as their first game in the franchise, then proceeded to pretend they knew what they were doing while blaming all their own failures of stupidity on poor game design.

On a gameplay level the games are near identical (no, I haven't forgotten the shockwaves). The great divide between the first and second game is honestly just the the more linear progression and the fairly shoddy writing.

Oh, and the obligatory git gud, OP.
>>
File: barf.jpg (62 KB, 484x461) Image search: [Google]
barf.jpg
62 KB, 484x461
>>333248018
>Fight Licia when she invades as Nameless Usurper
>One of the shittiest invaders, almost as bad as Kirk
>Fight her with the Crushed eye
>She's an instakill juggernaut with 10k HP and her charm does more MELEE damage than her daggers in her Nameless Usurper invasions
Doesn't help that the fight is also as unsatisfying and trash as the Ancient Dragon boss
>>
>>333251015
I think the second game had a bad habit of throwing multiple enemies at you at once and going "LOL difficulty".
>>
>>333251270
she gets flattened by greathammer r2 so just do it over and over
>>
>>333250442
Hahahaha how the fuck is Royal Rat Authority a problem hahahaha nigga just walk away like nigga take the other path haha
>>
>>333248018
>Dude let's complain for the hundreth time about the insane difficulty in a game that doesn't handhold me until the credits roll
>SHITPOSTING L M A O xD

I'm not saying it's easy but this shit about those games being unfair or hard as fuck needs to stop.
>>
>>333250821
That boss was a load of bullshit when I fought her, I died about 5 times thinking that her spawns exploded when they died because she kept doing that shitty explosion move from across the room

Fume Knight was the best part of any of the DLCs, Old Ivory would have been great but they threw a million shitty enemies at you before and during his fight
>>
File: 42456246.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
42456246.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>in the dark souls universe, there are gods that are easier to defeat than two glorified civil servants

WELL DONE, FROM
>>
File: guh (2).jpg (155 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
guh (2).jpg
155 KB, 1680x1050
Embarrassing level design
Zero memorable bosses
ADP
Shit tier OST
Ruined Parrying
Easy
Bland art style
Soul memory
Hordes of enemies in game designed around 1 on 1 combat
1 ending
Shockwave/Hitbox
No interesting NPCs

The most damning thing is honestly that this is a Sequel. Worse in nearly every single possible way than its predecessors, what a joke.

Literally the only good addition were estus shards.
>>
>>333251339
And this is were most people are wrong, most of these situations could be disarmed pretty easily with either carefull pulling or having the balls to just smack them down the moment they show up, prioritising the right targets and not turtling like a little bitch.

>>333251642
Well it was supposed to be a hordemode battle and those knights eventually stop spawning if you found all the good guys.

Are you people just not able to multitask? Do you guys get stressed out if there is more to focus on than just one big dude?
>>
>>333251962
>In real life, there are politicians more useless than working men

good job, guy
>>
>>333251360
Yeah, I already know that. The problem is, you either endure her infinite miracle spamming bullshit, or you stunlock her with a club R2 as you whittle down her massive healthpool. There's just no satisfaction to beating her. It's just a shitty AI spamming instakills with a thousand ways to completely cheese it, hence the comparison to the Ancient Dragon.
>>
>>333251642
>Old Ivory would have been great but they threw a million shitty enemies at you before and during his fight

You fight him 1v1 if you properly complete the area, and it's a really cool moment.
>>
>>333249814
after nintendrones
>>
>>333248018
>Ah, who am I kidding? You'll lose your souls, all of them, over and over again. This is Dark Souls, prepare to die dawg, this game is 2hardkor4u XD
Get the blacksmith's key and then buy a rapier. Congrats, the game should be over in about 2 hours now.

DaSII is such fucking bullshit.
>>
>>333252159
>Literally the only good addition were estus shards.
It's actually a bad thing. People complain nonstop about how the early bosses of DaS3 don't have enough health, and it's because they're balanced around a lower amount of estus flasks (because of estus shards) and no other healing items instead of 5-10 estus flasks, so boss fights have to be resolved more quickly.
>>
File: 1459476791756.png (6 KB, 278x318) Image search: [Google]
1459476791756.png
6 KB, 278x318
>>333252251
>on my game he popped out of the portal and ran into a charred loyce portal right as it was being frozen
>somehow he got stuck on the edge of the ice and his ai froze up
>he just sat there for a while looking at me, but not actually attacking
>I killed him without any resistance

at least there's asetics and NG+
>>
>>333252159
>designed around 1 on 1 combat
>all 1 on 1 fights pose no challenge and can be very easily cheesed
Sure thing.
>>
>>333252373
I'm totally fine with the early bosses being easier. The Souls games have always had trouble with difficulty curve and this helps.
>>
>>333252371
>It's ok when Dark Souls 1: PREPARE TO FUCKING DIE LOL DIE DIE DIE does it
>It's ok when Dark Souls 3 and Lautrec 2.0 ''YOU'LL FACE ENOUGH DEATH TO LEAVE YOU BROKEN'' does it
>>
File: 1435856321324.jpg (68 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1435856321324.jpg
68 KB, 706x706
>>333249814
>Game that allows you to roll and use melee weapons such as swords
>It's a soulslike

Fucking hell
>>
>I frames tied to a stat
lol never in my 30 years have I heard of such a shitty concept
>>
>>333251962
Eh Japs have different visions of what gods are.

In Okami for example you are the highest god, the goddess of the sun, creator of the world, you can create stars and shit by simply painting into the air, fucking stars, but you are also a dog and can die from some asshole monkey punching you too often or drowning.
>>
>>333252373
That could be balanced by making their attacks more clearly telegraphed or making them less aggressive. Not sure exactly but there are many ways to balance bosses around lower amounts of estus besides reducing their health. Estus shards are great because of how much they reward exploration. Firekeeper Souls did that to an extent but not nearly as much.
>>
File: 1428012881016.png (588 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
1428012881016.png
588 KB, 1040x1040
>>333248018

>dude lets remove Whole eye orbs and make them play to NG+ if they want to invade. Also let's make the cracked orb pieces really expensive LMAO

>dude lets make a mechanic where depending on how many souls you have acquired is who you can play with. LMAO ITS GENIUS

>dude let's completely ruin the online play of ds1 and demons by doing these 2 things, LOL

thank god ds3 is the true ds1 successor

>DS3 has whole eye orb, dried finger, black crystal etc built into the ACTUAL INTERFACE
>sl metas are back, no SM garbage

thank you miyazaki
>>
>>333252523
Except DaS1 doesn't have the adaptability bullshit and every move doesn't have insanely long cooldown frames between swings. Lords of the Fallen gets shit all the time for clunky combat but DaSII is just as bad.

I'm not even a lorefag, DaSII is a step backwards in almost every single fucking way to DaS and DeS. Combat is boring, weapon movelists are boring, level design is boring. It's even graphically inferior to the first game for some reason. It feels like a souls ripoff rather than a souls game.
>>
>Let's tie iFrames to a stat
Dude

>let's make poise useless
Difficulty

>let's make enemies spin around while attacking without even using their legs so they can hit you even if you roll

Lmaooo
>>
>>333253081
Wew, way to completely avoid what I talked about, you fucking retard.
>>
>>333253278
>let's make poise useless
That needed to happen. That shitty mechanic sticks out like a sore thumb in a game which is all about finding the right time to strike.
>>
>>333253446
>a subtitle to GOTY edition that a publisher tacked on
>a piece of dialogue and an achievement that the developers came up with

Who's the retard now?
>>
>>333253545
But you still get damage you mong
It just makes tanks and slow hitting weapons less viable.
>>
>>333253952
Yeah, barely. Meanwhile with lighter armor you not only can get damaged but your attack gets interrupted forcing you to time it well and you can just plain get stunlocked if you're not careful. Poise breaks that. Also slow hitting weapons are still viable because of the huge amounts of damage they can do, which in the right hands absolutely destroys bosses. Poise just replaces skillful play with dumb button mashing.
>>
>>333248018
>difficulty meme

although i agree with you, the game is more tedious than difficult, i completed it last weekend and kinda liked it
>>
>>333250539
>well designed
>sunken city's switches on floor
>iron passage
>frigid outskirts

Yes, sure. Besides eleum loyce and maybe half of brume tower, everything else was pretty shit
>>
>>333254282
>sunken city's switches on floor
Yes? What about them?
>iron passage
>frigid outskirts
Yeah, those were shit, but they're a very small, optional part of the areas.
>>
>>333254385
Frigid outskirts is half the DLC, sizewise.
Sunken city was the most boring location of ds2, artistically speaking, and had some retarded design decisions like the long ass elevators, switches that you'd never find unless you get lucky and find a message near it, the water part, etc
>>
File: 1434498501380.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1434498501380.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>NG starting area
>everyone's soul memory is on equal footing
>everyone is having a great time co-oping
>summon signs everywhere

>every other area in the game
>nobody's soul memory matches one another
>nobody can find other players
>no summon signs, online is dead

So there's no point in playing this game more than once then...?
>>
>>333252159
>zero memorable bosses
>shit tier ost
>No interesting NPCs
>Bland art style
100% subjective.

I found more bosses in Dark souls 2 to be far more memorable than almost anything in Dark Souls 1.

The OST was also much better in my opinion, with more memorable melodies in comparison to the first game.

Also, the NPCs in DS2 were far more memorable then the few that DS1 threw at you.
>>
>>333254616
>switches that you'd never find unless you get lucky
Or actually look around the environment after being taught by the game to use your bow to activate switches early on in the game. Also which switches are you talking about exactly? I want to know so I can point out exactly how you fucked up. How is the water part a problem, exactly?
>Frigid outskirts is half the DLC
The fuck are you talking about? It's an empty 5 minute area with a single boss fight at the end.
>>
>>333253919
Those are the stupidest reasons to exclude games from this trend I've seen in a while. You're not showing me you're any less of a retard.
>>
File: 1375202357134.jpg (76 KB, 556x387) Image search: [Google]
1375202357134.jpg
76 KB, 556x387
i had a dream this game was shit
then i woke up and to my horror the dream was REAL
>>
>>333254896
>empty
Those fucking horses can suck a dick man, what an annoying enemy.
>>
>>333250569
It's easy for you because you like getting hot blades up your ass.
>>
>>333254862
>I can put up to eight dicks in my mouth and I doit each hour so I can get enough vitamines
>>
File: Reaction594.png (131 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
Reaction594.png
131 KB, 300x302
>>333255516
>>
>>333254896
>The fuck are you talking about? It's an empty 5 minute area with a single boss fight at the end
That's why i said sidewise. Also it's 1/3 actually.
And about the switches, why should i ever look at the ceiling? I never did that in souls games, yet now i have to. Also i always need to carry a bow with me in order to progress
>>
>>333255016
You cant really expect rational arguments from miyazakifags when you consider most of them are sonyggers
>>
>start playing
>wonder what enemies I would have to face
>every enemy is a spooky skeleton with a sword, or a guy with an armor and a sword, or a guy with an axe, or a guy with a bow

woah, it feels like im fighting the same type of enemies!
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.