[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime Was a Mistake: The Game. https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe_2.jpg (292 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tokyo_mirage_sessions_fe_2.jpg
292 KB, 1000x1000
Anime Was a Mistake: The Game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE
>>
>>333243942
This game taught me a very valuable lesson: Never get hyped for a concept.
>>
I'm going to buy it and enjoy it
>>
Would people be more accepting of it if instead of pop idols, they were a rock and roll band?
>>
>>333244331
Oddly enough maybe so, if Brutal Legend was a legit RPG with demon summoning for personas then maybe so, but sadly it's not and it's shit.
>>
>>333244331
>>333244483
Please stop
You're making me sad
>>
>>333244331
No, /v/ wants a metal band with a game that has concentrated edge, which is why they get triggered easily by #FE.
>>
File: Carol_J_render.png (768 KB, 1001x1581) Image search: [Google]
Carol_J_render.png
768 KB, 1001x1581
>>333244331

Carol J should have his own game.
>>
>>333244610

I didn't want anything except SMT x FE.
>>
>>333244331
Not the 80s anymore anon.
>>
>>333244331
The biggest misconception is that people hate it just because it's about idols, when the game's tone is neither Fire Emblem nor Shin Megami Tensei. Hell, Atlus admitted the SMT and FE idea was dropped shortly after Nintendo announced it for "FE if done by Atlus"; so I don't know why websites keep referring to it as SMT x FE.
>>
File: 1456730231060.jpg (22 KB, 757x684) Image search: [Google]
1456730231060.jpg
22 KB, 757x684
>>333243942
At least we got Tsubasa
>>
>>333244331
It would be more accepting if they didn't tease it with the familiar FE and SMT logos. Having then go missing for a long time only to be shown as this weeb of a mess.
>>
File: Kowashitai.png (341 KB, 644x746) Image search: [Google]
Kowashitai.png
341 KB, 644x746
>>333243942
MY PARENTS WERE PROUD TO HAVE ME
>>
>>333244331
anything but jpop
>>
File: 1452199141099.gif (436 KB, 480x355) Image search: [Google]
1452199141099.gif
436 KB, 480x355
>>333245701
This that first trailer skimming all the characters from each franchise got me so hyped, then this moe idol shit happened. I mean come on Pegasus motorcycles.
>>
>>333245773
Kpop?
>>
>>333246875

op
>>
While I've never played SMT, FE is my favorite game series of all time. What the fuck happened to this? Was it Nintendo being idiots like usual? Was it ATLUS? All I know for sure is I hate what this became.
>>
>>333243942
I find it hilarious and would buy it, If I owned a Wii U. Too many RPGs are set in some generic fantasy or sci-fi setting, I wish there were more variety.
>>
>>333244331
It's still nothing like what that original teaser seemed to imply, so I doubt it would make much difference here.
>>
>>333247713
There are lots of games with the pop-idol aesthetic though.
>>
>>333244331
>Not-Marth shredding a mean rift at Grima or whatever the dragon is called

Yes.

I want this.
>>
>>333247990

but you won't pay a dime for it.

hence why they target the paying demographic
>>
>>333244156
No you're not.
>>
>>333247387
One dude from Intsys
>>
File: tumblr_mqbeuf6Z981qfgou4o7_1280.jpg (868 KB, 1250x672) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqbeuf6Z981qfgou4o7_1280.jpg
868 KB, 1250x672
>>333247713
The rest of the Shin Megami Tensei series may appeal to you then
>>
>>333248073
Nigga if this was actually going to be SMT x FE I was going to straight up buy a WiiU for it
>>
>>333248073
>hence why they target the paying demographic
And how did that work out for them?
>>
File: genius.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
genius.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
>>333248314
>tfw I did buy a WiiU for it
Thankfully MarioKart, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101, and Bayo are all really good or I'd have probably killed myself over that decision
>>
>>333247852
But they are almost all kusoge. If this game had never associated with FE or SMT, it wouldn't garner a hundredth of the shit it gets. Its actually pretty good if you judge it on its own merits and don't mind the setting.
>>
>>333245406
Why the fuck would Nintendo opt out of a proper SMT x FE in exchange for that... thing?
A part of me suspects it was made this way out of spite.
>>
It's weird.
I like the kinda quirky idea that this is.
But on the other hand, the fact that it's gotten all this press and hype makes it pretty shit.

Like if they hadn't talked about the game in any sorta fashion, no build up, no nothing, and just released pop idol Fire Emblem, I honestly wouldn't have minded.
>>
>>333248193
I have played a number of SMT mainline games, so the demon-infested apocalypse doesn't hold the same charm anymore.
>>
Only thing this game is good for is fapping to, and most of the girls aren't really worth fapping to, including potato-chan.
>>
>>333248438
In the early planning stages, they were going to have it as a straight crossover, likely an SRPG game, but they felt that was something too similar to what IntSys could just do themselves, and kept trying to think of ideas
One guy at IntSys (I think it was a director) thought up the idol to use an idol aesthetic and it just kind of spiralled from there
>>
>Our fans like Fire Emblem
>Our fans like SMT
>They must also like Japanese Pop Idols, especially in the west!

BRAVISIMO NINTENDOH, BRAVA AUSTLUS
>>
>>333247713
modern fantasy is as plenty generic
>>
>>333248630

It's alwas nintendo's faults right?
Even if it's Atlus's right ?
son?
>>
>>333248630
Problem is that it says SMTxFE but it's really SMT:PersonaxFE. P4 had an idol after all.
>>
>>333244331
i wouldn't give a shit if there was literally anything mt to had. Fucking FE gets all the transforms? Really? It's suppose to be a cross-over and celebration of both franchises. As it stands its just a FE wankery made by Atlus.
>>
File: DevilSurvivorJPBoxart.jpg (255 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivorJPBoxart.jpg
255 KB, 500x450
All they had to do was make pic related in 3D. It was the same fucking team.
>>
>>333248776
There's plenty of blame to go around. Whoever suggested the "modern drama" was from one company and whoever suggested "that modern drama should be about the music industry" was from the other.
>>
>>333248630
It's on Atlus for this one, more specifically the directors. They made a prototype that was more of an SRPG but scrapped it due to it "being too similar to what intelligent systems could do". So the directors decided to add an "Atlus twist" and TMS was made. Sadly, the nintendo producer who pitched the project wanted an SMT X FE game.
>>
>>333248961
This game is the strawman SMT fans like to paint Persona as. Even Dancing All Night, as awful as it is, took time to point out the dark side of the industry.
>>
File: 844522154.png (333 KB, 480x406) Image search: [Google]
844522154.png
333 KB, 480x406
>>333243942
At least we have the game. With the japanese audio as well. While smtfags being cucked with no Final for them at all lmao.
>>
>>333245123
Sadly yes, but after the middle-ages a renaissance must come, the 80's will be back, and I'm not talking genres, I'm talking the mindset and creativity, although at least some genres will also come back, they already are
>>
File: 6537636.jpg (16 KB, 338x215) Image search: [Google]
6537636.jpg
16 KB, 338x215
>accenting everybody's attention over aesthetics while completely ignoring its best megaten gameplay in years since Strange Journey
Never change /v/. I am smtfag and I am gonna buy a console just for this game. It looks better than any persona gameplay wise and dungeoncrawling is better than in IV as well.
>>
I'll be getting it. The only setting that can put me off of buying a game are ones that are intentionally disgusting ones,like BoI. I also enjoy exaggerated modern settings too
>>
File: asdfas.jpg (57 KB, 455x638) Image search: [Google]
asdfas.jpg
57 KB, 455x638
Can't wait for more footage to come out showing more censorship. They already changed the outfit for Kiria for the Japanese release and the last US footage showed this chick wearing more clothes during a concert cutscene. Pic related probably won't be in the game at all.
>>
>>333249847
Good. Enjoy your censorship shiteater.
>>
I want more ultracampy games.
>>
I actually like it to be honest, its cheesy and fun
>>
I wish normalfags would fuck off.
>>
>>333249847
That's plenty ironic given what American pop stars dress like on stage. Miley Cyrus forgets to put on a top most of the time.
>>
>>333250361
miley cyrus is an ironic slut though, she just pretends to be one for more attention.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>333249847
naaaked animeeee characteerrrss dorya!!!!
>>
File: 1331301274614.gif (464 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1331301274614.gif
464 KB, 500x338
>>333243942
>Hear of this whole scene
>Finally watch it
>Is not as cringey as everyone makes it.

I don't get it, what is this about it that is so enraging? Suddenly lyrics at the end of the game happens all the time in anime and beyond.

Is it maybe that I'm not such a huge FE fan that doesn't affect me that much? The game is about singing idols so of course they'd sing shit.

>B-but they are descendants of the oldFE Heroes. It's shameful.

And Hyrule Warriors ripped zones and characters straight from the Zelda timeline, but that doesn't automatically make the game canon.

A weird-ass spinoff is being a weird-ass spinoff. Is that really so infuriating?
>>
>>333244331
no. i wanted the SMT/fire emblem that was promised to me.
>>
>>333250191
so just buy any jRPG made in the past decade.
>>
>>333249331
I love both series, but... Maybe a SMT x Pokemon would have been a better fit. Fusing Pokemon and Demons together and trading them and stuff. Would have sold a few Wii Us.
>>
>>333250914
Most people are upset because they wanted, and were told they'd get, a game mixing SMT with FE.

Instead, we got very little of both, and got an idol game. An idol game that does a poor job of appealing to idol game fans, at that.

To be fair to Hyrule Warriors, it at least takes place IN the Zelda universe. It's non-canon, but it's hardly ripping zones and characters off when it's literally taking place within the constraints of the setting. There's nothing wrong with #FE being a spinoff.

If it were an entirely separate IP, maybe it would have been received better. As it is, it bears VERY little resemblance to either franchise it's a crossover of.
>>
>>333251519
>Most people are upset because they wanted, and were told they'd get, a game mixing SMT with FE.

Oh I get that part.

What baffles me is not people hating the game cause I can see why. Is really the scene in particular.

Some how that is the scene everyone concentrate the hate at, even tho I feel there is TONS of way more cringey stuff in the game that should be a way better show of how wtf the game is than "simple endgame singing part". Seriously search for better scenes to riff people. there's way worse in the very same game.

Also bringing up Hyrule Warriors wasn't, once again, a jab at the game entirely (even tho I agree HW is the better spinoff) but rather to laugh at people who REALLY act like if his precious FE timeline is forever tarnished by this game. And yes, I have seen people on /v/ with that mentality. Not raging at the game itself, but just that this is apparently the future of Marth's legacy even though nothing in this game is canon.
>>
>>333252268
It's the fact that that is the Fire Emblem content, and the contrast between that tone and SMT tone. A bunch of characters singing about the power of friendship to beat the final boss is what SMTxFE turned into.
>>
>>333252489
>A bunch of characters singing about the power of friendship to beat the final boss is what SMTxFE turned into.

>Implying shitty power of friendship bullshit hasn't been a issue since Awakening
>>
>>333244331
There is a difference of perception in a lot of people's eyes, between a "real" band that plays their own instruments and writes their own songs versus the idols' manufactured corporate fluff. I personally would have reacted pretty badly either way, because all I wanted was a proper crossover between a series I really like now and a series that I really liked the first time I played a game from it but that I haven't had a chance to be into since and a rock music focus still wouldn't be that, but I can't deny that other people probably would have been quicker to accept it.

If this hadn't started as something that I really wanted, I probably would have seen it as just another waifu game. Which is what it really is at this point. Maybe now that other things have built up I'd give it a chance... No wait, I'm planning to abandon Nintendo without ever getting a WiiU, so I wouldn't. And I don't know if I'd have been so sensitive to other things if it weren't for this.

>>333249419
>Dancing All Night
The reason this had such an effect on me. At the time Hashtag FE was announced, we didn't know about IV Final. We still don't have an announcement of North American release for it, and between YHVH (one reason the series took so long to come to America in the first place) and the John Lennon lyrics on the protagonist's shirt (remember how long music-related rights fucked an Earthbound rerelease?) I'm still not confident. But we knew Dancing All Night was coming out. We knew there would be a Persona 5. It's not that we make Persona 4 into a strawman that more closely resembles Hashtag FE, because we mostly dislike Persona 4 for not having any of the qualities we admire in mainline to the levels that would make it better for us. It's more that this is so far to that cutesy, inconsequential, but marketable side of the scale that it seems to make even Dancing All Night look closer to mainline by comparison.
>>
I went through a weird phase with this game. I love SMT games, including spin-offs like DeSu and Persona. I have always played Fire Emblem games, and while bad at them I have finish every US release one ( and that other DS one with Marth that wasn't released, I finished that one). That said I was superskeptical on a cross over between the two. While I had faith in Atlus, IS was loosing it. So later on when it was shown to mostly be Atlus behind it I was holding myself in check to not be exited and then a while later the showed the first trailer. Quite shocking and I wasn't angry or pissed, more just confused. As more info came out that I became excited and still am. The shit look bizarre, its not a SMT/Persona game its not a Fire Emblem game it some weird as music RPG that has "lore" from FE and thats it. Hell I haven't seen OPs video before and it looks SO DUMB, a dumb I can get behind. There are games where friendship save the day, but one where they do a full on musical number and sing about it? I love videogames.
I also love musical stage productions, but never seen a Japanese one and I hope it scratches that itch but I doubt it will
>>
Why the fuck would you have pierce be TWO seperate elements?
>>
Persona Gaiden: Everyone is Rise edition.
>>
File: 1459783667311.jpg (444 KB, 1099x791) Image search: [Google]
1459783667311.jpg
444 KB, 1099x791
nah, nintendo was a mistake

they defeated sega in the great console wars of yesteryear, but now they find themselves...becoming sega, how do we stop such rampant stupidity and poor decision making /v/?

will sega win in the end? will the genesis rise again?
>>
>>333243942
When is Japan going to grow out of its idolshit phase?

I swear that country died when Miku Hatsune was invented.
>>
File: wtf is going on.png (576 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
wtf is going on.png
576 KB, 940x626
>>333254095
>>
>>333254095
Japan can't grow out of its idolshit phase until it gives up its nostalgic obsession with youth and cuteness. It can't give up its nostalgic obsession with youth and cuteness until its most prominent demographic for fictional works and general pop culture stops being older male otaku. That won't happen until Japan manages to bring its birthrate up to replacement rate, and its birthrate can't climb back up to replacement rate until it either lets gaijin pig immigrants into the country or gives its men and women alike incentive to start families, incentive that would have to begin with dismantling the structure of idolshit and high school anime that feeds otakudom while also making its women safer and more domestic so that Japan's cowardly, socially castrated men can stop seeing them as shrews. In other words, it's a big circle that nobody in Japan is willing to talk about for long enough and in a public enough place to break.
>>
>>333243942
How can people listen to this garbage and enjoy it?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.