[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
depressed gamer thread. what games are you not looking forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 32
File: aaaa.jpg (15 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
15 KB, 600x400
depressed gamer thread.

what games are you not looking forward to, /v/?
>>
Quantum Break because it reminds me I can't go back in time to fix this crippling depression.
>>
File: WTF.jpg (163 KB, 1263x875) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
163 KB, 1263x875
Gaming is causing my depression. A week after release, Amazon is no longer selling a game, that game is now at the mercy of scalpers and flippers.

If waiting for price-drops becomes irrelevant. I'm done with gaming forever.
>>
>depressed
>looking forward to anything

Someshit aint no add up here.
>>
>>333240010
Best buy you fucking fag
In fact become part of best buy gamers club, spend 30 dollars once, get 20% off all new games for two years
>>
Gungeon tomorrow, that'll probably distract me for a week
>>
>>333240095
>you
>reading comprehension
wew
>>
File: 1459308664082.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459308664082.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
>depressed
>would use vidya to get through it in the past
>doesn't work anymore
>>
>>333240130
Every single Best Buy in my state has been hollowed out. Their gaming sections are now dedicated to used games. As much as I would like to sign up for GCU, the games I want are rarely ever on sale online.
>>
>>333240010
I'm honestly done following games' development.

I was happier when I didn't know, and just played something when it came out, instead of anticipating.
>>
>>333240010
No, I'm pretty sure your cancerous weebfaggotry is the cause of your depression.

Grow up and get some standards, and you won't be depressed.
>>
>>333240272

>vidya makes it worse by reminding you you're not good at anything, including video games

I want off this ride
>>
>>333240315
Best buy's website always has the games i wnat.
Hell i got nights of azure off there on launch
>>
dark souls 3

i think thats it

playing a DH in legion maybe might count, but thats just mmo addiction and not really valid

otherwise i mainly look forward to manga and h-games

sad
>>
File: madopills.jpg (44 KB, 703x680) Image search: [Google]
madopills.jpg
44 KB, 703x680
>mfw i was looking forward to VR
>>
>>333240350
THIS tbhfam

i greatly enjoy things when i just burn away time and instead try something when/if its out

following shit, looking for updates and snippets and teasers is fucking awful.

no hype is the best hype.
>>
>>333239613
Pretty much everything actually. I'm pretty damn poor since no job. So even if I was hyped I couldn't really buy much. Might get DaS3. One of the only games I'm looking forward to. FFXV maybe. KH3 most probably yes.

Outside of those three games pretty much nothing. I feel I'm growing out (for lack of a better term) of video games.
>>
>>333240315
I just bought the game from bestbuy online yesterday night
>>
>was looking forward to VR to have religious experiences in space engine and have even more fun in flight sims
>it's going to be expensive as fuck and probably require me to upgrade my computer
>can't afford it because I'm just about to graduate university and totally not have a job because I fucked around too much and didn't look for jobs and also university has crushed my will to live
>>
>>333240416
what manga?
>>
File: tumblr_o47c1jAyKi1v7u5b1o1_540.jpg (82 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o47c1jAyKi1v7u5b1o1_540.jpg
82 KB, 540x405
does anyone else get this feeling when you consider playing some single player game
like a feeling that its empty and not real and only happening for you

so i go to play a multiplayer game, and its basically the same feeling
even though these other people you're still alone and they're not different and wont impact you at all

oh man haha
>>
>>333240221
>you
>reading at all

Go back to mexico. Oh wait, that's right, Oooga Booga barra barranda rico suave.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>333240572
>see something you never heard of
>looks good
>find out it came out a couple weeks ago
>pick it up the same day
>>
Who else here wants to kill themselves but can't do it because of what it will do to their parents/loved ones
>>
>>333240010
Good lord man, console games aren't PC games. Your obscure game from the grorious Nihon that only gets a 5,000 copy English release? Yeah, you might need to be on top of that
>>
>>333240819
Yeah

and whenever I add somebody from a game they're a fucking furry
EVERY TIME
>>
>>333240547
what happened?
>>
>>333240923
im just waiting for a game to come out, the second i finish Etrian V im offing myself as soon as possible
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
>not looking forward to anything because tfw no gf
>>
>>333240952
wow i cant relate to that at all
>>
File: 1451647766531.gif (126 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1451647766531.gif
126 KB, 255x255
>>333239613
>>333239796
>>333240272
>>333240364
>>333240547
>>333240819
>>333240923
>>333241102
just cheer up gay cunts
here's a funny meme
>>
>>333241339
didnt even laugh

fucking heartless monster
>>
>>333240923
don't bother. you'll die anyway.
>>
MGSV broke me, I'm never going to fall for the hype again

I just expect every game to be complete fucking dogshit and I'll either end up being right or I'll be wrong and pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>333241339
this meme is exquisite.

the composition, the execution, the lighting.....
>>
>>333240923
oh my god this

dying would be so fucking EASY
but it would crush my mom and she doesn't deserve that

fuck man
>>
>look forward to
The only thing I look forward to is new episodes of cartoons and anime. Video games are just filler for the rest of my pathetic life.
>>
>>333240750
I tend to read alot of garbage that serves as daydream fuel or self-fulfilling tripe, or fapfuel, as well as korean webtoons.

But to list some random shit
Tsugumomo (some GOOD shit)
Owari no seraph
spirit circle (another real good shit)
life howling
black haze
wizardly tower
ruler of the land
akame ga kill
ubel blatt
noblesse
tower of god (last 3 all good shit)

good shit = i'd actually recommend

>>333240901
yeah, I pretty much paid no attention to darksouls 3 like this until a dota 2 streamer was on my list playing it, and i went "what the fuck" and now I'm pissed off waiting for it to come out.

>>333240923
I want to, but my mom would be miserable and I couldn't live with myself. The dad is a worthless drunk gambler who basically uses us two as servants and never does shit, the only reason I think they are together is that he still has a job. I mean, I know I'm a drain with no job myself but I at least make sure the house isn't a run down dump because she can't do it all herself.
>>
>>333239613
You'll be happier not looking forward to the shit show that the gaming industry has become. Look back and rediscover stuff you missed the first time.
>>
>>333241556
Beat the shit out of your dad, get a job, and have your mom live with you.
>>
>>333240701
>he thought he'd get a job
>with uni

Oh man dude you fucking fell for it, should have just waited for the economy to crash
>>
>>333239613
>what games are you not looking forward to, /v/?
Star Fox Zero, Zelda Wii U, Tekken 7:FR kinda since it has Akuma in it, Nier: Automata, that new TMNT game by Platinum, maybe Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

I haven't actually played a game in awhile though. It's been like a month. I can't muster up the will to play anything that I have. If I weren't a poorfag NEET, I'd probably be playing way more often, but all of the games that I want to play I don't have the money to buy atm. I can't pirate anything right now either, so.

I feel like I need something new to play to re-invigorate my passion for gaming. But then that's probably an excuse since I'm sitting on a huge backlog I could get to right now if I wanted to.
>>
I got burned out on games a while back.

Then I got a job, but was still burnt out. I took up animating, and now I do animations for games for clients. Still ended up kind of burnt out, but it got better. Started enjoying vidya again. Then I got interested in firearms, so I built an AR and started going to the range. Now I play vidya in small amounts, but I love it a lot more than when I played it non stop.

tl;dr play games less and you'll enjoy them more.
>>
>>333240701
Shoulda went to community college
>>
>>333241556
>tsugumomo

good taste
>>
File: 21st birthday vs 22nd.jpg (528 KB, 1200x926) Image search: [Google]
21st birthday vs 22nd.jpg
528 KB, 1200x926
>tfw chronic depressive
>tfw you turned 21

At least drunk gaming is fun
>>
>>333241556
>I'd kill myself but I wouldn't be able to live with myself

I want to off myself but I really want to see how zero escape 3 ends. Probably will drop everything, play it, then die after
>>
File: nito.png (358 KB, 743x467) Image search: [Google]
nito.png
358 KB, 743x467
>>333241556
>i want to but I couldn't live with myself.
heh
>>
File: Garrosh.png (198 KB, 621x326) Image search: [Google]
Garrosh.png
198 KB, 621x326
>>333240819
Better than playing a game with millions of other people, only to be one of the lesser talented players.
>>
>>333240701
>VR
>even more fun in flight sims

Pixel density is fucking shit, you can barely read the instrumentation which makes it almost completely worthless for combat, you might get motion sickness if FPS dips under 60 and it takes a shitton of power. Maybe it'll become the new headtracking, but not anytime soon.
>>
>>333241339

thanks man. mind if I save it?
>>
Bravely Second I guess
>>
>>333239613
Kill yourself autistic faggot
>>
>>333239613
Doom 4
I know it'll suck tho. Thinking of making some shitty top 10 reasons it'll such video.
>>
>>333240923
>fucked up family growing up so no concept of home, only traveling and having friends all over that were family
>disowned most of actual family due to their money-grubbing and shitty behavior after a wealthy relative died
>only speak to mom that's pretty much on death's door
>reaching the age where excessive partying is seen as juvenile or alarming
>killing self slowly with drugs and alcohol past ten years and health is poor despite appearance
>using my money for vidya, travel, doing crazy stuff and taking crazy stuff
>friends all have families now
>can't have kids, plan on dying single or finally biting the bullet once health gets worse

Killing yourself in a sudden way while young seems silly unless the circumstances really call for it. Do crazy shit instead and then die when there is no other option. Don't off yourself without seeing some of the world.
>>
>>333240819

Yes, and I get existential crisis' when playing the vidya as well. Like, my life itself isn't real and has no meaning. Just mundane misery or mundane escapism. I kind of wish it was some epic adventure instead, even though I'm a lazy shit and don't like to get up and do things.
>>
>>333242004

>If I weren't a poorfag NEET, I'd probably be playing way more often

You sure about that? Even when I had a job, I was too tired and unmotivated to play anything.
>>
>>333240010
What's so great about this game and you had a shit load of time to pre-order.
>>
>>333239613
Anything that's not Metro3/Half-Life3/Left4Dead3
>>
>>333239613
>Look for a game to play
>Finally make your choice
>Play for a few minutes
>Bored
>Look for another game to play
>Rinse and repeat

why.
>>
>>333244229
>back of your mind keeps nagging you to play games you really don't like, for some unknown reason

make it stop.
>>
>>333243147
At least I hope that'd be the case.

Honestly I just itch for a new game to play.

I think I just need some new experiences. I want to finally git gud at fighting games, but it costs money to buy a stick and/or a fightpad for example.

basically all my issues right now can be traced to a lack of money

I've been trying to get a job for the past few months but it seems like it's impossible. I've been rejected so many times. it's ridiculous
>>
>>333244395
fuck man.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
Good night /v/
I love you
>>
6 months ago Bravely Second and Fire Emblem Fates was the only reason I stuck through a shitty seasonal job.

I regret everything
>>
>>333240923
I think about this a lot more than I should, it's fucked up that I want them to die so I dont have obligations not to kill myself.
>>
>>333244646
Night buddy

Get some rest
>>
File: sillywet.jpg (26 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
sillywet.jpg
26 KB, 270x270
>mom told me she started watching anime because it was recommended to her on netflix
>now she's asking me to watch something with her
>>
>>333244763
Id say at least she doesnt make fun of you for watching chinese cartoons but I cant say your situation is much better.
>>
>>333244646
you're cute anon. CUTE
>>
There are several PC games I want to play, but my computer sucks too much and I'm afraid to update it since adopting Windows 10 seems really risky.
>>
>>333239613
>Foolishly had a bit of optimism after years of gettig more jaded
>Vidya kept going down the same shitty path it's always gone down

Thinking of picking up another hobby. Maybe alcoholism.
>>
>>333244443

I understand, I've been there, and it sucked to watch everyone buy these games, experience them and I'd just be sitting there starving. I'm about to be there too if my funds dry up before long.

That being said, I think I would have enjoyed my time of employment more if I had something other than a 9 to 5. That schedule just doesn't suit me. Not to mention the fact that I was paid peanuts and couldn't even afford much vidya then. Let me guess, you live in murrica too, right? They tell us we're getting more jobs, but that's a fucking joke.
>>
>>333244734
I'm so sorry

Fates bullshit is finally making me unlazy and hack my 3ds because NO JP VOICES (+ all the other crap, but voices was ALL i cared about)

fuck
>>
>>333240923
Me, but if I die now then it would fuck up my family situation. So like the cowardly bitch I am I resort to self harm, I fucking hate myself
>>
>>333245002
>Let me guess, you live in murrica too, right? They tell us we're getting more jobs, but that's a fucking joke.
Right?

>supposedly the job market is improving
>can't get a basic entry level job unless you have 3+ experience in bullshit

Fuck man.

Luckily later this month I have an appointment to determine if I can get on disability. I'm kind of ashamed of it, but I might get on NEETbux, which might help me out in the long run. I hope it happens.
>>
File: 1454177071332.png (532 KB, 704x623) Image search: [Google]
1454177071332.png
532 KB, 704x623
>>333244646
No you don't. You don't even know who we are. Don't pretend like you do
>>
Advice from someone who has/still suffers from constant bouts of depression: find a secondary hobby.

I play video games a lot when I'm feeling less motivated, but I discovered a few years ago that I'm quite good at writing. Then I discovered I'm decent at drawing, and late last year found out I'm alright at making bad music using soundfonts and stuff.

But, it could really be anything. The kicker is that you'll really have to kick your own ass into gear sometimes. It can be tough, but I'm sure all of you are capable.

if all else fails and you can't get motivated, just have a good wheezing cry every 3 weeks or so. I always feel like a new man after one of those
>>
>>333245151

Yeah, it seems like they're only offering unpaid internships. At this point I'm just sending in my resume to places, disregarding the requirements. I've heard that they do this as a quality control measure, only accepting the "most confident" candidates. That's what I've heard at least.

I've thought about applying for NEETbux, but I always fall into a black hole. I end up doing nothing when I am a NEET, and that too creates depression, anxiety issues, sleep issues, etc. Nothing ever makes me happy. Either I'm too tired or I'm too depressed. I wish I could just get a part-time job and live on that.
>>
>>333245482
I'm already a writer, though I need to put more time into that hobby. I'm pretty good myself though.

I did want to pick up music and try learning guitar or the drums, plus start producing my own electronic music. I also wanted to try my hand at singing as well but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for that.

Otherwise, I want to pick up more physical hobbies, like lifting. I want to get /fit/.

I do kinda want to try picking up drawing but I don't think I'd ever git gud at that.
>>
>He doesn't have anti-depressants

Why not, they're basically free and are helpful
>>
>>333245482

I lift weights. That helps me. And I do kratom, because it's fun
>>
>>333245728
Singing's a little iffy. It can be a lot of fun to just, y'know, sing a song every once in a while, but I personally absolutely don't have the voice for it.

As for drawing, that's another iffy thing. I'm blessed to be even remotely as good at it as I am (and I'd post an example but my PC died a few weeks ago so RIP) and it's a lot easier since I got a tablet.

Lifting is nice though. I exercise a fair amount, myself. Gotta keep active or my heart could cave in on itself.
>>
>>333245763

Anti-depressants are good in the short-term. They can help carry you through unmanageable depression and anxiety but you still have to do the work
>>
>>333240952
The one time I join a /v/ server for a game, they're a fucking furry. They weren't even attempting to bait, they just used a mod to have a furry character and that's fucking it.
>>
>>333245482
I drink, is that a hobby?

I've been wanting to write, but I'm too lazy to do it. I've also been wanting to exercise more since I'm a fat piece of shit and it contributes to my depression, but again I'm too lazy to do it and stop after a week
>>
>>333239613
The game of my life
>>
>>333245673
>Yeah, it seems like they're only offering unpaid internships. At this point I'm just sending in my resume to places, disregarding the requirements. I've heard that they do this as a quality control measure, only accepting the "most confident" candidates. That's what I've heard at least.
That's what I've heard as well, but you can never be too sure with that sort of thing unless you're on the inside probably.

>I've thought about applying for NEETbux, but I always fall into a black hole. I end up doing nothing when I am a NEET, and that too creates depression, anxiety issues, sleep issues, etc. Nothing ever makes me happy. Either I'm too tired or I'm too depressed. I wish I could just get a part-time job and live on that.
I know the feeling. Lately I've been more productive though, writing more often, watching movies, reading more comic books, actually cooking for myself, etc. Everything BUT my main hobby ironically enough.

I really want disability though because I feel like I could use the money and put it to good use, like paying off my student loans so I can go back to school, buying a car, etc.

>>333245918
I recorded myself singing once and felt absolutely embarrassed by the result. But I hear if you practice and take lessons, you can sound good.

Drawing was something I used to try when I was younger. Maybe if I kept at it, I'd get better, but I'm entirely sure I'm terrible at it now and that I'd never improve.

I also want to take up parkour, dancing, and maybe the kind of wrestling you see in WWE and such.
>>
>>333245971
Learn to mix drinks, that's a hobby
>>
>>333246023

True, you can never be too sure. It's possible I'm just wasting my time and energy, though I figure I'd give it a try. Yeah I'm getting back into studying Japanese and lifting weights. I even learned to cook a little (mom is kind of helping too. Seeing as she's well, the only one who cooks in this house). I've been thinking of getting into comics after watching Batman V. Superman. The lore really is deep.
>>
>>333246258
I'm also fucking poor and alcohol is expensive
>>
>>333245971
I don't think drinking counts as a hobby but I won't get up and preach to you about it because that's a shitty thing to do.

Motivation is a killer, and it's what'll sabotage you most of the time when you're depressed. "why even bother? who cares? it'll never get better?" are all thoughts you have to slowly work yourself up to actively denying.

Do you know anyone that could help you out? Remind you every few days to do a thing? I had to do that for myself and it led to a lot of brief surges of "I can do this!" followed by "why am I doing this?" but eventually helped.

>>333246023
>I recorded myself singing once
Oh man, I've been there. The only time people will hear me sing now is if I'm drinking or among friends and everyone's doing it.
>>
>>333246315
>True, you can never be too sure. It's possible I'm just wasting my time and energy, though I figure I'd give it a try.
Yeah honestly dude, if anything, you should probably keep trying, right? It's for the best.

>Yeah I'm getting back into studying Japanese
Now there's something that I want to get into. Always wanted to learn Japanese.

>I even learned to cook a little (mom is kind of helping too. Seeing as she's well, the only one who cooks in this house).
I want and need to learn how to cook. There are some people in my family who are very good at cooking and I think it's something that I can really learn and git gud at. I've been preparing some food lately that's been very good actually. I can even be a little inventive and creative at times.

>I've been thinking of getting into comics after watching Batman V. Superman. The lore really is deep.
Now if you want to talk comics, I can get you into those. Between the Big 2, I'm more of a DC guy, so I can help you get into the universe. Though lately I've been meaning to get more into indie stuff and comics that have nothing to do with superheroes.

Also I forgot: another thing I want to try my hand at is programming.

>Oh man, I've been there. The only time people will hear me sing now is if I'm drinking or among friends and everyone's doing it.
I sing terribly at home just for the fun of it but I'm probably never going to try to do it seriously ever again. I know what I just said, but man the embarrassment was cringe-worthy. Fuck everyone who told me I sounded pretty good.
>>
>>333246587
>>Oh man, I've been there. The only time people will hear me sing now is if I'm drinking or among friends and everyone's doing it.
>I sing terribly at home just for the fun of it but I'm probably never going to try to do it seriously ever again. I know what I just said, but man the embarrassment was cringe-worthy. Fuck everyone who told me I sounded pretty good.
Oh fuck, that was a response to >>333246425

My bad
>>
File: 1455399450051.png (472 KB, 1200x670) Image search: [Google]
1455399450051.png
472 KB, 1200x670
>>333246425
>Do you know anyone that could help you out?
Nope. No friends and I'm the family black sheep. I can motivate myself every once in a while, but I just run out of steam and slip back into laziness and depression
>>
File: 1428613372713.gif (511 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1428613372713.gif
511 KB, 500x283
What was once a safety net through childhood and adolescence is now a shackle, chained to conformity.
Video games are no substitute for loving care.

Now I just wish to spit in society's face, and when they get upset, and ask why, and wonder how I came to be, I need only say, "You reap what you sow."
>>
>>333246943
Beta uprising?
>>
>>333246587
>I want and need to learn how to cook

One of the best and most useful things you can learn, easily. Hell, even just knowing how to make mundane shit like eggs taste amazing is good for you.

>>333246747
Man, I've actually been there. Most of the people on my father's side hate me because I'm into computers/technical stuff, while they're all into alcohol, hunting, and "redneck stuff". Where I'm at currently, none of my friends are nearby.

I went so far as to nail a to-do list to my door on the inside of shit I had to do just so I'd never forget about it. Sort of like virally advertising to myself, I guess. Worked pretty well, actually.

also my alarm is halfway across the room so I gotta get up if I don't want to have it start deafening me
>>
>>333246943

I had loving care and video games aren't even enough for me. I can only imagine what it was like for someone who had a shitty childhood. Bad enough I'm clinically depressed.
>>
>>333247112
>Hell, even just knowing how to make mundane shit like eggs taste amazing is good for yo
Done and done, my m8.

I got to move onto more ambitious meals now though.
>>
File: 1430449609761.png (23 KB, 553x478) Image search: [Google]
1430449609761.png
23 KB, 553x478
>GPU broke after a year
>have to get a replacement
>5 more days without vidya
>>
File: 1407117229746.jpg (6 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
1407117229746.jpg
6 KB, 245x206
>>333247096
>>333247370
Major depressive disorder and a severe avoidance issue, at least what's been officially diagnosed.
It's a plethora of things, or a "perfect storm", as my shrink likes to call it.
>>
File: 1454803376470.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1454803376470.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>333247112
Sleeps never been an issue for me. latest I get up is at 9. I just have a hard time staying asleep, but that's something that the booze helps out with.

My family likes me, I just know nothing about them and they know nothing about me so we never talk. Man it sucks not having any friends or anything. I think half my depression problems would be solved if I had someone to go out with and had a reason to leave the house other than work. But no, I'm stuck sitting at my computer and getting jealous at my internet friends for having IRL friends to hang with

Also cooking's easy if you have some semblance of what stuff tastes like
>>
>>333239613

that shit final fantasy 7 remake the fanboys cried for. they even got mad at giant bomb for not creaming their pants over that cashgrab in the middle of another shitty e3.
>>
>>333247707

Mine just tells me I'm clinically depressed, and not much else really. I know they aren't supposed to say much, but for fuck's sake give me something else. I'd even be happy if she just winged it at times.

Often enough it is a perfect storm. People usually don't get like this in a vacuum. I know for a fact though that anxiety, depression, etc. runs in my family. Most of us are on anti-depressants, or addicted to something.
>>
>>333246338
that's my problem too (and probably the only thing holding me back)
>>
>Be sorta depressed
>Feel like I don't have it /that/ bad
>Afraid to post something more personal in the thread because I feel like I'm not poorly off enough

I guess I'm just afraid of judgment from some people I'll never meet. Man, I should've gone into Psych.
>>
>>333249708

It's not a contest. If you feel shitty, you feel shitty. Someone might be a dick about it, but ignore them.
>>
>>333249813
I don't know, man. I wrote out a big thing, but that just made me realize how silly the whole thing is. I could overthink it some more, or I could just tell myself I'm being a bit of a brat. If I post this shit anywhere, I feel like it belongs on /soc/ more than /v/, but they're pretty shitty from my experience.

It's really frustrating when being patient is about all you can do for your problem. Sometimes sitting and observing's good for feeding reality into your panicked psyche, though.
>>
None.. It's gotten so bad that I've lost my passion for gaming altogether.
>>
>>333250217
/adv/, not /soc/, whoops. I should go to bed.
>>
>>333239613
the division
that game sucks balls man
my biggest fail of the year
but my casual work colleagues dig it so much and always ask me to play with then
>>
>>333250217
>or I could just tell myself I'm being a bit of a brat

I mean, are you? That's the thing. It can be good to air shit out once in a while, though nobody's forcing you to say anything.

If your reason for feeling bad is even slightly valid, I don't think it qualifies as "bratty".

>really frustrating when being patient is about all you can do for your problem
Trust me, I know. Where I live, there are virtually no open businesses. Everyone's packed up and left, and so people fresh out of highschool need to pack up and leave right away too, or else they get trapped here for years. At least there's a hospital, I guess.
>>
>>333239613
I don't have much desire to play game these days especially with all the normies that have infested it

everytime I see some underage normie fuck enojying Undermeme like it's the best game ever I want to just find a new hobby.

I've just been playing my favorites recently remembering the good times.
>>
>>333250529
Here.

http://pastebin.com/RWwuqh5m

Thanks again. I guess I want some feedback, so I'll stick around even though I should be sleeping. It took some effort to write it out. I might as well see what someone else thinks of my situation.
>>
>>333251506
Ah, girl problems.

I've had my fair share of unfortunate (and in some cases rather hilarious, looking back) interactions with women- though I know that's not what this is about, I just felt I should mention. I've counseled my friends through hard times involving men/women/xir/whatever, and so I do actually have experience there.

Though, none of that really matters. It's late and I'm spitballing.

Honestly, I don't figure you should feel bad for any of that. It's natural, really, to worry about such things. Anxiety and relationships are part and parcel, really- although I was slightly confused by the exact terms of what you and your SO have going on- but even so, it's totally natural.

That said, I've got no real advice. If I knew you as a friend, I'd probably be able to dole out some sagely wisdom or something, but the most I can do is acknowledge it and affirm that, yeah, you're cool for feeling that way.

How you end up handling it is your game, and all I can say about that is that people are weird. You never know how someone is going to react when you start dating them, or when you get anywhere near that. My two friends have been 'dating' for months, but only recently did one of them actually say they loved the other. I feel it's sort of like that. Possibly. I dunno man.
>>
File: Thermae feels.png (246 KB, 397x535) Image search: [Google]
Thermae feels.png
246 KB, 397x535
>>333240819
I feel you anon.
>Feel like I can't play certain older games like random Doom WADs and shit cause it's nothing recent and not substantial. Just funshooting galleries.
>Feel like I shouldn't emulate RPGs like .Hack, FFIV, V, and VI, and others cause I don't have the time to invest into their stories.
>Dread finishing my shaman on Nostalrius cause then I'll have to compete for leveling Herb/Alch and work on getting pre-raid BiS.
>Want to play Diablo 2 and try to get to Hell for the first time but online is full of bots that spam your games and singleplayer feels like you're playing a ghost-game. Sometimes get really enjoyable games with some /v/irgins but we never go further than Act 2 since we all break up and don't keep in touch.
>Have a bunch of recent games like XCOM 2, Legend of Grimrock 2, and Talos Principle but my GPU is dying so can barely run those at a stable FPS.
>Spend all of my day off smoking pot, lurking 4chan, and masturbating with a little bit of Final Fantasy Record Keeper (a fucking MOBAGE) on the side.
>Want to join the navy to get out of this state and do something but can't stop smoking this dank and break this routined lifestyle.
>>
>>333242071
>Tfw can't buy alcohol cause state changed licenses so now mine isn't valid for buying alcohol until I get a driver's license.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Feel bar.jpg (104 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
Feel bar.jpg
104 KB, 1280x842
>>333244229
>Barely make any progress in any of them.
Fuck why do I feel like I must play all these games at once?
Maybe I should just keep a few installed at once instead of the 15~ I have at any one time.
>>
>>333252110
I can't help but boil it down to societal expectations at times. Around the new year I crossed an event horizon where I realized I had been being needy because I thought the two of us should be a certain way, when in reality that wasn't what either of us actually wanted. It was just something I expected to happen because my whole life I've been told it's 'normal.'

Our relationship isn't normal, though. It's weird, and that's okay. We might not be dating, but by definition we're fwb, and we're not seeing anyone else. She sent me a really corny morning 'I love you' text the other day, which was really out of nowhere.

You're 100% right, though. I should be cool with it, but I can't expect myself to be, all the time. Everything'll be gooby, and I just shouldn't stress it in the long run.

It's all good. Thanks again, and g'night anon. I have to wake up at 7:30 and it's 4:00AM. I'm only awake because I do this shit to myself when I'm feeling moody. Anyways, have a good one.
>>
>>333252553
Yep, have a good one dude. I gotta sleep soon too. The thing I was doing with a friend of mine fizzled out around 3 AM and it's 4 AM now.
>>
File: 1455192276740.jpg (28 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1455192276740.jpg
28 KB, 386x386
yall motherfuckers need some good old opiates in your life

nothing can bring me down when im nodding out on some dank H
>>
New releases have been disappointing me in a surprising amount, so I went back instead

Got Persona 3 and rather than playing it for an hour or 2 then just watching TV for the rest of the month I sat there playing it for 20 hours straight. My advice is pick up old games you missed and you'll actually like games again.
>>
Is this crybaby general?
>>
File: 1459799440256.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459799440256.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>333239613
I really hope dark souls 3 turns out to be good. Iv'e been occupying my time with SFV but that game really is depressing, I played it for 12 hours straight yesterday though, i don't think i can ever play another video game again after that.
>>
>>333253006
I can't play video games on opiates, but i do like taking adderall and playing fightan. That shit's awesome except for the comedown.
>>
>>333255183
shut it you spic
>>
FFXV

Fuck Tabata fucking shit face cunt fuck
>>
>>333255329
Fuck you spear chucker.
>>
>>333255523
do some more cocaine you degen
>>
>>333253006
I had a weekly GHB habit that got me thru 2yrs of my engineering degree

Now its not so good anymore and im depressed af! sucks hard
>>
>>333239613
the last game i got happy for was persona 4 golden, its only cause i saw a lets play then the anime, so i had to buy a vita to play it. otherwise i havent looked foreward to game coming out since halo 3 came out on my 14th birthday.
>24 this year
>10 years since halo 3
>>
>>333255183
same, minus the sfv part i dont do fightin.

it will hold me over for some months hopefully.
>>
>>333239613
Mass Effect andromeda
>>
Enter the gungeon comes out in a few hours. I bought it because it looks fun. I want to play dank souls 3 but I'll need to upgrade my graphics card and add more RAM so that's going to have to wait. I hope the game isn't dead by the time I get around to playing it.
>>
>>333239613
I am beyond looking forward to, I am dead inside. But I wish there was game for "The Crow"
>>
File: 1457653415781.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457653415781.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
>>333240923

Tru
>>
File: 1436243510204.png (89 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1436243510204.png
89 KB, 399x382
Get a job, there's no point in being NEET this year.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
Just shoot me now.
>>
File: 1459762329800.jpg (231 KB, 507x750) Image search: [Google]
1459762329800.jpg
231 KB, 507x750
I don't know what happened but i can only enjoy video games on drugs now, and that only fuels my depression. shit sucks yo i wish i could just be happy with some vidya but it just doesn't do anything for me while i'm sober.
>>
Skullgirls 2
cheer up OP
>>
File: 1459570341497.jpg (179 KB, 651x976) Image search: [Google]
1459570341497.jpg
179 KB, 651x976
a little game called suicide
>>
File: 1459280005927.jpg (1 MB, 1111x1207) Image search: [Google]
1459280005927.jpg
1 MB, 1111x1207
the only reason I don't kill myself is because I haven't finished my backlog
>>
File: mein nigger.jpg (27 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
mein nigger.jpg
27 KB, 500x318
>>333258770
Im not OP, but Im cheered the fuck up, great little game
>>
Get the fucking meds, I lost my appetite and sex drive but it's still a hundred times better than being depressed
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 260x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 260x273
>its a NEET neckbeards blogging about their "depression" thread
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.